The Gate

By Blondielayren

For Violet Black everything is changing. After the barrier separating the demons from the humans has been com... More

Wake Up Call
Encounter
Authors Note
New Day
Yet another author's note
An Almost Good Day

The Dream

123 5 0
By Blondielayren

I stared down into the fire. The blue and orange flames crawling its way up the thin twigs. It wasn't a big fire, but it was big enough to keep us warm. I stared at Lily, taking in her features as she stared into the fire, the shadows casting its way up her face. I noted the crease between her brow and the lost look in her eyes.

"What are you thinking about?"

I asked her, returning my gaze to the fire. She tilted her head to the side staring at me with distressed eyes,

" Wondering how we are going to survive out here."

She said with a gloomy voice.

" Don't worry," I assured her. " We'll find a way, we always do."

She stood up with so much force that the log she was sitting on, tumbled backwards. She squinted her eyes and threw up her arms.

" And what if we don't this time!"

She yelled, her voice echoing into the darkness, making the forest stir and the birds fly up off the trees into the sky.

" Vi, I'm scared, I can't do this anymore!"

She sat down onto the cold damp ground and put her head into her hands.

"We can't do this anymore."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.4K 995 42
Shawn is a college student and are experiencing tumultuous relationships between a guy, that's why the girl finds herself questioning whether she eve...
125K 5.9K 23
'You got that James Dean daydream look in your eye And I got that red lip classic thing that you like And when we go crashing down, we come back ever...
1.7M 99.7K 37
*COMPLETED* (08.05.20) Noah Sorin is a 17-year-old genius who is sent on a mission to the Elite high school, Bran Prep High. His investigation? Vampi...
4.9K 263 32
Jade Forbes was a woman of science. Ever since she was a child, she had always been interested and curious about chemistry and biology. Her eleven ye...