Seeing Double (Glee and Super...

By AlyceSeafire

Barry went back home to his universe. After all that chaos is done with, they have nothing to worry about oth... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5

Chapter 2

909 26 3
By AlyceSeafire

Sebastian was about to go home that Friday night. With everything he has gathered about Siobhan and Leslie. He thinks he's ready for court on Monday. Or at least he hopes so. Considering he's going up against...

Someone knocked on his door knocking him out of reverie. "Come in."

It was Kara.

"Hey Sebastian." Kara greeted. "I saw the light is still open. What are you still doing here?"

"Just finishing up." Sebastian said. "Why are you still here?"

"I tend to check on everything around the building before leaving. The lights, the computers and all that."

"You are taking this assistant job way too far." Sebastian commented grabbing his messenger bag after putting away the last of his 'homework'. "I don't think maintenance of the building is part of the job description."

"Well it keeps Miss Grant from freaking out." Kara said. "Trust me, you do not want to see her angry."

"Duly noted" Sebastian said turning off the lights in his office and walking out the door with Kara.

"So how are you enjoying your first week at CAT Co."

"It's okay." Sebastian said. "A better topic would be how's your pursuit with James?"

Kara blushed. "Why do you want to know?"

"I'm not blind, Kara." Sebastian said. "I can see that you both like each other. What I don't understand is why don't you make a move already."

"I'm...not that kind of girl."

"Sure." Sebastian said with a knowing smirk. "Whatever you say.

"So what brought you to Cat Co."

"Well, Cat Grant was looking for a new General Council as well as a lawyer to represent her in court this coming Monday. And I was getting tired of working for my father. So I signed up. Of course being his son I had a better chance of getting the job than any other person in the company. I got the job."

"So you got in because of your father."

"Please, I am over qualified. I knew the inexperienced probie that my dad wanted to send. He was nothing more than an annoying little snake who stutters under pressure and couldn't tell the different between the defense and the prosecutor."

"Seriously."

"Well he was a little above a probie." Sebastian admitted. "but he only climbed his way up with hear says, and kissing ass."

"How do you know?"

"Easy. He was trying his little tricks on me."

"Good thing that you got the job then."

"Of course."

"So where are you headed?"

"Home." Sebastian said. "I live just a few blocks down."

"So I guess see you tomorrow."

"See you then." Sebastian said. "Nice to meet you, Kara. Maybe one day when we're both not busy we'll figure out your little James problem."

"I don't have a..."

Kara then noticed that playful glint in his eyes that Barry had when he saw the 'toys' around the DEO. He then gave Kara a wink and went on his merry way.

Kara shook her head and walked the other direction.

Sebastian passed by the store before heading home. Personally, he liked having little (well not too little) apartments to call home rather than big lavish mansions.

Sure mansions were great. Big space great atmosphere. But he has this thirst for Travel and Adventure after a few trips with his Warbler brothers.

If he had a choice he would've went into show business like Blaine had, Photography, or Videography. However he thought of the struggle that would come with it. He has gotten used to the lavish lifestyle. And realistically speaking as a starving artist he has to go down into a level he is not comfortable with.

So his next and most obvious option was Law. Which he enjoyed. He would be lying if he said he didn't like arguing with people. And he tends to manage a large portion of his elderly father's law firm, which lead him to travels all over the world.

He picked up some essentials before heading back home to his apartment. Digging into a bulky messenger bag while holding a large paper bag is not an ideal situation. When he finally got his keys from inside the bag it slipped from his fingers causing the can of tuna on the top of the paper bag to fall out.

"Damn it!" Sebastian cursed as he struggled at the loss of balance with the rest of the groceries.

Just as he managed to get his bearing and put the groceries down on the floor. His neighbor to the left at the end of the hall opened their door.

"Sebastian?"

Sebastian looked up to see Kara standing with a surprised look on her face. "Kara."

"You're the new neighbor." Kara exclaimed. "Oh, let me help."

"I guess so." Sebastian said not trying to evade her help because she had already grabbed the can before he could say anything. He opened the door and grabbed the bag again. Sebastian motioned his head into his apartment as he opened the lights and went to put down the groceries.

Kara was shocked. She remembered the old tenant of the apartment next door. An old fashioned elderly lady lived there for a long time. She had come from a lavish life but loved the simplicity of brick walls and quality décor. It had a quite homey feel to it. But sadly when she had passed the apartment was sold. And apparently to Sebastian.

But it was not too different from the last owner, Kara noted. The bricks were repainted from platinum white to a cool grey color. The furniture was more masculine and most definitely more modern. A black bookshelf pushed to one corner, a dark wood divider that separated the living room to the kitchen and dining room, a long black leather sofa and a large flatscreen TV mounted at a wall that had a door that she assumed led to a bedroom.

The most beautiful were what Sebastian had hanging from the walls. It had reminded Kara of James' place. So many frames hung from the four walls. Varying from clear framed photographs, to beautiful paintings.

She picked up a framed photograph of Sebastian in a navy blue blazer with red piping and a logo at the breast pocket; a prep school uniform, she noted. He was smiling proudly in the picture with the same confidence he still bore to this day, with what Kara assumed was cockiness. There was another picture on the coffee table Sebastian with a bunch of other guys in blazers and a few girls and boys in what she assumed was a costume for a performance. She put down the picture frame and stared at the multiple photos of landscapes.

She stared at a framed artifact that had stood out from the rest. It wasn't a photograph or a painting like the others. It was a poster. A Broadway poster to be exact. A signed one. It featured a man with curly hair in the middle of a dance with a blonde haired woman.

"I see you have an appreciation for the arts." Sebastian noted with a smile.

"Sorry. I'm just... how did you get this?"

"This is a gift from my friend, Blaine." Sebastian replied motioning to the curly haired man. "He got an audition and now stars at his first Broadway show with a little help from yours truly."

"How..."

"I have my connections." Sebastian said offhandedly. "Do you want anything? I was planning on opening this bottle of wine that I had purchased from the wine store the other day. But, of course, alcohol isn't as fun to drink without company."

"I have a very high alcohol tolerance." Kara excused.

"All the better." Sebastian said leading into the kitchen. And grabbing a bottle of wine and popping it open. Pouring them both a glass he handed the other to Kara who was unused to holding the glass or the idea of drinking wine late at night.

"Sorry, I'm not used to all this." Kara said remembering Mrs. Harris who also had the habit of drinking tea or a little wine as she talked to Kara some nights.

"I'm guessing you came from either a very sheltered middle class home or have never gone to any social gatherings."

"Uh."

"The first it is."

Sebastian motioned for her to sit down on the sofa while he took back the glass from Kara.

He sat down next to her. He held the body of the glass instead of the neck.

"You Kara, are in media. So I am to assume you handle a lot of big ball room type events with Cat Grant. And perhaps even dream to be as successful as Cat one day in the future."

"Yeah."

"Well the first thing you need to know in mingling with people in the level of Cat Grant is grace." Sebastian said. "Not everyone holds the grace of a Persian cat like Cat. But there are little gestures that give you a good first impression. One of which is holding the wine glass."

"Most of the time. People hold the glass like this." He said holding the body of the glass. "for men this is excusable. However for women, this can be a bit judged upon."

"First thing you take the glass with your left hand." He said handing the glass. "Especially with events that have a lot of hand shaking and introducing yourself. This is so your hand isn't cold when you shake someone's hand."

Kara has the glass near the neck by her fingers.

"What I want you to do is hold the glass at the neck like holding a pencil."

"What?"

"Drinking wine is an art." Sebastian told her. "You hold the glass like it is your friend your companion and most importantly your statement. You can tell a lot of a person on how you hold the glass."

Kara adjusted her hand on the glass and Sebastian gave her a small smile. "Good, now you won't embarrass yourself while in the next ball room event with Cat Grant."

"You seem to know a lot about this."

"I grew up with this kind of etiquette." Sebastian said. "It's something taught to me at a young age and as I grow older I see how the older generation see the little things as a way to judge us. And the way to prevent that is to make sure you give them nothing to judge."

"Must be hard."

"Well it has its perks." Sebastian said with a smile. He hadn't had a decent person his age to talk to in a while. Although Kara doesn't seem to be someone who he could talk to. She was a very approachable person and through the first week, she was someone who he could call a friend.

They talked for an hour or so. About Dalton, Kara's sister, working with Cat Grant. Sebastian was feeling a bit of a buzz.

"So I am curious." Sebastian said. "What is your angle?"

"What?"

"Well, and I say this in the most platonic intent, you are a beautiful young woman, you don't seem to have a problem with body figure, not even with posture. So what gives? Why can't you seem to get the man?"

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"Please" Sebastian said with a sip. "I am new here. And since I have moved here to National City, you are one of the people I now consider a friend. And, god pray tell why, I want to help."

"You are very forward for someone who claims to be gay."

"I am as gay as they come, dear Kara." Sebastian said. "I am just not as flamboyant as the rest of my gender."

"Then why the interest with me and James?" Kara asked getting a little more comfortable with Sebastian's forward attitude. That is one thing he and Barry did have in common. It was the unusual lack of filter for words. Barry seemed to be more embarrassed of it while Sebastian seemed to have embraced it and, what she assumes, has made a career out of it. He also has this vibe of openness and approachability that was similar to Barry Allen.

"There are two things in this world I love messing with." Sebastian said. "And that is a great ass and a destined couple. I messed with Blaine and his husband to the point that Lady Hummel has tried to get a restraining order for me once."

"So you're basically playing cupid."

"Sometimes." Sebastian said. "And because of Lady Hummel. I have a new appreciation for fashion and you my dear he would cringe to see. So I want to help."

"Ms. Grant seems to think that my love life needs some spicing up."

"Ms. Grant is a very wise woman." Sebastian commented. "What did she say?"

"She said that the man is like a cupcake." She said. "She was telling me to look for another guy to make James jealous. Something about snatching him before he gets taken."

"Well, she's got that one right."

"She keeps telling me about the lighthouse effect."

"Shine your light and let him come to you." Sebastian said "Yeah. I have heard of it. However no matter how wise it is coming from the source she didn't get one thing right."

"And what is that?"

"You have to let him come to you." Sebastian said with a smirking glint in his eyes. "By showing him what he's missing."

"And how do I do that?"

"Leave that to me." Sebastian said with a wink.

Kara takes a sip off the wine still sober. She looks at the clock and realizes the time.

"I didn't think it would be so late!"

"Huh." Sebastian said looking at the clock as well. "So it is."

"So" Kara said standing up. "I guess I will see you around?"

"Maybe." Sebastian said. "I have a case to study for Monday."

"Ahh, the Livewire Case."

"Yeah."

"So see you on Monday then." Kara said. "I'll let you do your work."

"Don't worry, I'm just next door if you need me. And if you and James end up having a lie in. Well. Don't be too loud."

"Sebastian!" she scolded.

"Kidding." He said with a cheeky smile. "And please call me Seb."

"Bye Seb."

"Bye Kara."

As soon as Kara enters her apartment Sebastian closes the door and sighs. Time to get to sleep before going over his case again for Monday.

~()~

Sunday night Sebastian rearranges his notes for his case the next morning. He thinks he's finally ready. Or at least he hopes so.

Since he is going up against a member of his family.

Dun dun DUUUN!!

Anyways Please Comment 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

430K 17.5K 61
╰┈➤ *⋆❝ 𝐢'𝐝 𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐦𝐲 𝐜𝐨𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐞 𝐭𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐚𝐬 𝐚 𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐮𝐥𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐩𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐟𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞-𝐛...
460K 16.6K 95
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...
581K 13K 40
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
1.1M 49.2K 95
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC