Dear Past, You Suck!

By eMMy-aNN

Alice is lost. Lost in time and not figuratively. Alice is thrown unexpectedly into 1756, armed with nothing... More

A Strange Night
I Don't Think We're In Kansas Anymore
Thats Not My Name
I Can't Even Dress Myself
This Nasty Little Provincal Town
Another Stupid Celebration
Don't Drink Kids!
Bon Voyage
Boy Talk
Wicked Witch of the West(Of Town)
I Think I Wanna Marry You
Lock 'Er Up And Throw Away The Key
This Girl Is On Fi-Yah
Books Are A Girl's Best Friend
Late Night Skinny Dippers
Art Of War
Good 'n' Gone
The Wrath Of The Warlests
London My Love
Who I Am, Who I Am Not
Love's Letters
Welcome Home
New Year, New Me
The New Mansion
Preparation and Desperation
Reunited
A Walk In The Woods
The Wedding Of The Century
Stranger Danger
Thrown To The Dogs
Trials Of Life
Twisting In The Wind
Home Is Where The Heart Is

My Brother From Another Mother

395 26 7
By eMMy-aNN

The school wasn't like any other school I had ever seen. It was more like the campus of a university, filled with many brick buildings and green open areas. It looked like it had probably been here for a hundred years or two already. Funny how I think of here as old and probably so do the people from here. In a history book one hundred years seems like a short time, but I guess it's not. The grounds were packed with people enjoying the weekend. Boys with stiff posture and crisp new uniforms walked around the campus, reading on open greens, or sitting and laughing with friends on benches. All of them from about 12 or 13 to probably 18. It was the sunniest it's probably been in a month and everyone was enjoying it. With winter quickly approaching this was probably going to be the last sunny day in months. If it was up to me I would've been lying on that lawn too maybe watching a movie and drinking pop with Molly. Molly would love an old place like this. She is a geek like that. Will be a geek like that? But instead of enjoying myself I was stuck in the little stuffy carriage all by myself. Sir Logger decided that he was going to continue researching, so I'm here alone. Yippee.

The road inside the campus(like all the roads everywhere) wasn't paved and was making me sick again. Pulling down the door window, I sighed with relief. I poked my head outside the window like a dog. My hair is probably going to get ruined, but I don't really care at the moment. A few of the older boys pointed out the coach and then me. I watched the ground roll past, we seemed like we were flying we were going so fast. Which we probably weren't compared to a car.

We headed for what looked like the main building. There waiting for me on the steps was Elizabeth's brother. He stood looking important as he had when I had saw him before. He stood with two other boys. One about his age and one who looked older around my age. We stopped in front of the building, the oldest boy rushing over to open the door. He bowed before holding out his hand to assist me down. I tried not to notice how cute he was as our hands made contact. Augustus and his friend walked over. Augustus tried to seem cool and collected but he wasn't doing a very good job of it. His friend although pulled it off very well, if not with an arrogant manner as well.

"It is good to see you, dear sister!" Augustus said excitedly, stepping closer for what I think he wanted was a hug, but then stepping back again.

"As it is good to see you as well Augustus. How have you been?" I asked politely as I eyed the two boys. I wished he would introduce them soon.

"I have been well. Focused mostly on my studies as usual. I do regret that I had to miss your wedding. I have heard it was quite eventful." He said formally.

"Oh I was not aware your sister has wed," said the cute older boy before I could reply. He didn't address me but Augustus. Which is kind of infuriating.

"Yes I am married. And who are you?" I said with disdain.

"Oh I am sorry Elizabeth! This is Fredrick Maddon, he has been assigned to escort us around for the day." Augustus smiled apologetically.

Fredrick smiled a cocky smile and took my hand, pressing his lips against the back of my hand. "A pleasure, my Lady Hemerton. May I call you Elizabeth?"

"No." I said quickly, turning my attention to the younger boy, "And your other friend?"

Augustus seemed eager to introduce the young boy, "This is my good friend Edgar Vandallum." The boy nodded curtly, no smile on this kids face. He seemed like a very pleasant young boy.

I held out my hand for him to take. The boy looked from me to Augustus then begrudgingly touched my gloved hand to his lips. "It is an honour to meet you." He said through gritted teeth and almost a bit of sarcasm. I don't think I've ever met someone in this time that had a grasp on sarcasm.

"Oh um, you too Ed. So Augustus is Ed your best friend?"

"Edgar and I work often together if that is what you mean," Augustus smiled.

"They are often caught conspiring and making trouble together. They are joined by the hip!" Fredrick laughed.

I looked at the stern faced boy and my smiling brother. For them to be best friends, let alone friends, I couldn't see it. "I disagree with that statement. We are both independent but occasionally help each other." Edgar said stiffly.

"Oh sure you do. So what will we be doing?" I asked them.

"We will be taking a walk around the grounds. Did you know this school was founded in 1572 under a charter by Queen Elizabeth I?" Fredrick asked smugly.

"I can't say I did," I replied stiffly.

"That does not surprise me, few women know such important things." He smiled sweetly.

My cheeks flushed with anger, "Yes because knowing such trivial information is so important," I smiled smugly, "It is not even the best school in my opinion." He went red, as I thought he would.

He stumbled on his words, "Oh, well in your opinion what is the best school." He regained his smugness,"Not that you would be able to tell from first hand experience, but amuse me."

I wanted to show him down. To launch into a whole debate about how several other schools were better than his for reasons a, b and c. But I had one problem. I had no knowledge of any schools in the area. Or all of England. Except Hogwarts but I don't think that would be an impressive argument. "Well, uh, Oxford is one of the best schools in the world."

Edgar rolled his eyes and Fredrick laughed. "Silly girl, Oxford is a university. What about academies? What is your opinion of those."

"I am aware that it is a university. I just believe that academies are significantly less important than universities. The truly talented and extraordinary do not need academies to succeed in university and life." I said smugly. Taking a blow to his ego might make him back down. From my experience these pompous pretentious boys have egos as fragile as egg shells.

He stopped for a fraction of a second before opening that irritating mouth again, "Well for the sake of the argument, let us dismiss universities. What academy do you believe to be better than here?"

"Well,uh, personally I believe Hogwarts is best." I tried to say confidently.

"Hogwarts you say? Can't say I've heard of it." Fredrick said skeptically.

"I have studied the most prestigious academies before coming to this one and I can not say I have heard of 'Hogwarts.'" Edgar said accusingly.

"Well, uh, I-"

"I have heard of it. For a while father wished to send me there!" Augustus said quickly. I smile at him appreciatively, he hasn't heard of it. It's made up! And plus there is no way he could get into Hogwarts.

"Yes that is how I heard of it. It is located in Scotland-" to this there was a resounding groan from Edgar and Fredrick,"It was commissioned by the king-"

"Which king?" Edgar raised his eyebrow.

"King... Henry... the eighth? Yes it was him I am sure." I said, trying to sound confident.

"Oh really now? What are some of the best parts of this Hogwarts?" Edgar said, he too getting into the conversation.

"Well it... it leads in the sport Quidditch and-"

"Sorry what is Quidditch?" Fredrick asked condescendingly.

"Oh you haven't heard of Quidditch. Hmmm, I suppose you are unfit to participate in this game. Usually the king comes to the events." Both Edgar and Fredrick's faces went red when I said this. "Anyway it is also leading in studies such as math, science and history. Only the elite are let in."

"Oh really. Then I wonder why no one here has heard of it." Edgar said coldly.

"We should probably start the tour..." Augustus said quietly trying to change the conversation.

"Well no one here is obviously good enough to be invited," I said smugly. Both of them glowered. "Well shall we start the tour?"

"I am afraid I will not be able to accompany you. I have an important letter I must write, now." Fredrick said before sulking away. I have a feeling in several days Fredrick's father will receive a very angry letter. Because obviously he was good enough to go to this amazing totally real school. Unfortunately Edgar was not discouraged enough to leave. Great let's see how much of this tour I can take.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

907 183 30
In the rural outskirts of New York, five miles from the majestic Niagra Falls, Peace is engrossed in constructing his dream cabin. A sudden disruptio...
280 17 16
Wild has invited Till and Jack to a trip to a small seaside town, to investigate rumours about mystical lights and beings who aren't of this world. W...
67.4K 2.7K 20
**Added on the reading list of @retold @WattpadTimeTravel @WattpadFairytales @HistoricalFiction @WattWitches @Magic @WattpadBookshelves This is book...
3.2K 110 21
Mel hadn't really questioned her teenage life or her average style, and didn't see any need to, until that strange day. On a whim, she skipped math...