PHOENIX WARS | WRITERS' AWARD...

By PhoenixWars

➖ CLOSED FOR ENTRIES ➖ JUDGING PHASE STARTS ON JUNE 9, 2018 More

TIMELINE
PERKS & PRIZES
JUDGES' PROFILE
WAVE 1: FEEDBACKS
WAVE 2: FEEDBACKS
WAVE 2: WINNERS
WAVE 3: FEEDBACKS
WAVE 3 - WINNERS (PEOPLE'S CHOICE)
WAVE 3: WINNERS (BEST COVER)
FAQS

WAVE 1: WINNERS

1.7K 81 92
By PhoenixWars

(Compressed page of all the winners for WAVE 1)

Now for the most awaited part!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Here are the GENRE WINNERS for
Phoenix Wars (Writer's Awards 2018) - WAVE 1
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

🥉THIRD PLACE: The Resistance - roguewarrior2002
"Such a unique plot it was. Very well written and great dialogues. I think any one would enjoy this story. Cliffhangers make you wanna keep reading. " -RafiaZ (Phoenix Wars Judge)

🥈SECOND PLACE: Foreigners in the East - mYu514
"It was truly a great novel, and the way she has written is extremely good. I felt like I was reading a novel by a professional author." -RafiaZ (Phoenix Wars Judge)

🥇 FIRST PLACE: The Dragon Of Russia  -  xDRAG0N0VAx
"This novel was amazing and I did not find a single weak point. The plot is very different and very well written. Description, vocabulary everything was pretty good."
-RafiaZ (Phoenix Wars Judge)

🥉 THIRD PLACE: Saving Emily  -  taislebaron
I think the characters are pretty well thought out and the story is full of mystery. I really like the storyline and I want to congratulate the author! -theunicornthequeen (Phoenix Wars Judge)

🥈 SECOND PLACE: The Artist's Skills - black_hole_survivor
"This book was phenomenal! It was an absolute page turner. The multiple POVs are clean and organized correctly like a book should be. " - makcheetah (Phoenix Wars Judge)

🥇 FIRST PLACE: Death and The Deeds  -  RafiaZ
"I'M IN LOVE WITH THIS STORY! I think it's original and I just LOVE Hazel. I found one or two gramatical errors in all the chapters I read, which just so happened to be all of them. So well done!" - theunicornthequeen (Phoenix Wars Judge)

🥉 THIRD PLACE: Famous In Love - -thomasdohertyy
"I think that was the most different book I've got so far in this competition. It's kinda light and funny. The character are very likable and they grew on me so fast that when I noticed I was cheering up for them. " -Askaninn (Phoenix Wars Judge)

🥈 SECOND PLACE: 3 AM  -  CerealForTheSoul
"Whoa. Reading this work was such an amazing experience. It's even hard to describe how much I loved this book. It's painful, raw and totally inspiring."- Askaninn (Phoenix Wars Judge)

🥇 FIRST PLACE: The World Blues  -  underatedpessimism
After finishing "The Worlds Blues", I spent a few hours still thinking about some of the words written in those verses. Even it's passed one day after I read the book, it seems that it's message is echoing inside of me and that's an evidence of a true masterpiece.
-Askaninn (Phoenix Wars Judge)

🥉THIRD PLACE: Foreseen Nightmares  -  edara1999
"It was a page turner. I finished this story in 30 min. Great job and keep up the good work. Maybe make the new chapters a little longer so it could hold more description." - RomanceFanatic1 (Phoenix Wars Judge)

🥈SECOND PLACE: In Love With Him  -  SayantiDatta
"I found the story fascinating and unique. Vampire books is something I read a lot. I can honestly say the story was completely different from other's story of it's genre"
- RomanceFanatic1 (Phoenix Wars Judge)

🥇FIRST PLACE: Between Love and Hate  -  belkisaris
"I love the writing style of this story. Sometimes you're reading a book without feelings or anything. This story gave you goosebumps in the right places and make you cry in the right scenes." - RomanceFanatic1 (Phoenix Wars Judge)

🥉THIRD PLACE: Kill Shadow - fiction-fiesta
"You are a good writer, no doubt. And if you know your faults from this very beginning, work on them, you will surely reach on top." -HenaAdlakha (Phoenix Wars Judge)

🥈SECOND PLACE: Kill Or Be Killed - Meggie_shadowhunter
"It had very powerful scenes. The descriptions are pretty basic but it makes up for it with a compelling pace that draws you in." -BFWorlds (Phoenix Wars Judge)

🥇FIRST PLACE: Madness - aribasx
"I must admit that I've been a strict, critical judge through this award-game but your book had so little flaws that I just simply decided to ignore. I really hope you get discovered. Amazing piece. Was hooked from the very beginning." - HenaAdlakha (Phoenix Wars Judge)

🥉THIRD PLACE: Memories Mistaken - ShipiGee
"Great interesting start, keeps the readers engaged, the summary attracts readers but it would be greater if there were more mentioned but overall great."
- sweetly_sadistic_ (Phoenix Wars Judge)

🥈SECOND PLACE: You and The Night - SaintIves__
"The book is great and the author has shown the desperation clearly. A little bit of editing would help but I enjoyed reading it." -sweetly_sadistic_ (Phoenix Wars Judge)

🥇FIRST PLACE: Curse Of The Kind - Truewritersheart
"It was descriptive which I really loved. Also, the events were intriguing and fun, it was so fun that it wanted me to read more."
- UnicornThatLovesBTS (Phoenix Wars Judge)

🥉THIRD PLACE: Blinding Lights  -  ravenhelm98
"I vouch for this story to move ahead and be more darker and find ultimate happily ever after. Cheers to the author for narrating such a beautiful piece."
- ShipiGee (Phoenix Wars Judge)

🥈SECOND PLACE: Welcome to AA  -  rachksnaps
"Definitely a page turner, it's a book that you never want to put down. The author pulls you in with her writing style, it feels real. You can connect with every character she describes, she paints a mental picture for you perfectly, really well done."
- CrescenteFenice (Phoenix Wars Judge)

🥇FIRST PLACE: When Silver Met Gold - IEscapist
" I adore this book! Only three chapters in, you were able to lure me into the story! Your writing style is absolutely incredible; I felt as if I was reading a published book! "
- mistandfuryy (Phoenix Wars Judge)

🥉THIRD PLACE: Lovefool  -  Twinning94
"I think I can say it was a little cliche but you made it yours by adding the blog bits. The character were good and the book had a great flow."
- Cray-CrayReading (Phoenix Wars Judge)

🥈SECOND PLACE: On The Rebound  -  squishieshnoofus
"This book is a cute little teen romance with a twist on it. I loved how it was funny and relatable, making it pretty unique." - makcheetah (Phoenix Wars Judge)

🥇FIRST PLACE: The Girl At The Last - crazypoodle
"I loved this book! It was a total page turner. The characters are very relatable and it's refreshing to see how they both struggle in their own world."
- makcheetah (Phoenix Wars Judge)

🥉THIRD PLACE: 26.25
The Last Princess  -  kakpie291203
"The book has an unusual storyline, but the rebels sounded a lot the ones from the Selection stories, missus the powers that yours have. Considering this is your first story, great job! This was definitely one of the best stories I've judged."
- kaninga_duh (Phoenix Wars Judge)

🥈SECOND PLACE: 27 pts
The Gathering, Bloodmoure Chronicles  -  JRShepherd
"I love the details! You made it so easy for me to picture the events. Your characters were easy to understand and relatable to real life."
- wi_se_gi_rl  (Phoeniz Wars Judge)

🥇FIRST PLACE: 27.75 pts
Ellie and The Prince - JMStengl
"I love the plot, the characters and the setting! Just reading the first chapter made me addicted to it. If it wasn't for this judging phase, I wouldn't have picked up this book"
- kaninga_duh  (Phoenix Wars Judge)

🥉 THIRD PLACE: March From Darkness - Crypti
"I loved the ideology and the names of the demigods. Their personalities were developed from the start, and the ideas portrayed by the story has already got me thinking, from the democracy to suffer in Hel or not to, and then the dinner with the servants and their respective masters, ("just Dimitri, haha). "
- MondoMTPD (Phoenix Wars Judge)

🥈 SECOND PLACE: Control  -  Brooklyn3433
"Control was easily surpassing the rest of the mature genre in the contest for level of maturity, grammar, and writing style. There was very little to find that were off, which I was happy to see, but it mostly concerned a grammar mistake I saw occurring again and again." - MondoMTPD (Phoenix Wars Judge)

🥇 FIRST PLACE: The Aftermath  -  TheTrueTerrydactyl   
"Reading this attracted me as a reader and a judge, ultimately having me rating it a 8/10 for overall enjoyment because it seems to be able to attract readers of humor, action, and adventure." - MondoMTPD  (Phoenix Wars Judge)

🥉 THIRD PLACE: 22.5 pts
Origin of the Alchemist - bacsmolina
"Your story is really good, I enjoyed it more because of the pictures."
- bby_winter09  (Phoenix Wars Judge)

🥈 SECOND PLACE: 23.5 pts
Lonely Heart - ShiningShimmeringShy
"So far, your plot and grammar is good. There were some catchy scenes and I really liked it since Kaden was there and he was just so manly."
- bby_winter09 (Phoenix Wars Judge)

🥇 FIRST PLACE: 26 pts
Timeless - YsadoraPHR
"Your story is really good. I gave it a perfect score since you really deserve it and I really like the flow of the story. Your story reminds me of I Love You Since 1892. Good Job!"
- bby_winter09 (Phoenix Wars Judge)

🥉 THIRD PLACE: 24.5pts
Weird Short Stories - WeirderMum
"Very unique stories. I haven't seen them anywhere and the stories stayed with me long after I read them" - black_hole_survivor  (Phoenix Wars Judge)

🥈 SECOND PLACE: 27 pts
The Traveling Lan's Galactic Tour - CynkNapp  
"The author has achieved a feat of having the courage to write such a story that in the first instance is as dry as Sauvignon Blanc but the humor the author infuses into the book makes it an indecorous bard worth reading."
- black_hole_survivor (Phoenix Wars Judge)

🥇 FIRST PLACE: 27.5 pts
Calamity | The 125th Hunger Games - CherryQueen55
"Well written, plenty of description and the story was very interesting."
- black_hole_survivor (Phoenix Wars Judge)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Check the next chapter for the SPECIAL & GRAND AWARDS

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Just a quick recap about these awards...

SPECIAL AWARDS

👥 People's Choice Awards
This award will be given to the entry that has the most number of votes. You chose the winners, now we will reward them.

🖼 Best Cover
Since aesthetics/covers/graphics are not included in the criteria for judging, we will be giving a separate award for the book that has the most pleasing cover (per genre).

📖 Wordsmith
A skilled user of words. Not all genre will have a winner. Tho we will give this award as long as the author received a 5/5 pts in the Grammar criteria from all of their judges.

GRAND AWARDS
Basically the overall award. These awards will be given to the books that have the highest overall scores in each division.

🎖Rising Star
Best entry among books below 1.5k reads

🥇 Rising Phoenix
Best entry among books that has 1.5 - 5k reads

🏆 Golden Phoenix
Best entry that has 5k and above reads

~*~*~*~*~*~ and the winners are ~*~*~*~*~*~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

👥 PEOPLE'S CHOICE:
Ridden Off Innocence - Cray-CrayReading

🖼 BEST COVER:
My Life As a Slave After Being a Arabic Princess  -  arabic_writter  

👥 PEOPLE'S CHOICE:
Fading Memories - MasterEpicnesss

🖼 BEST COVER:
Poison  -  miladysachi 

📝 WORDSMITH:
Scars Of The Past  -  oxnikeraxo

👥 PEOPLE'S CHOICE:
The Heartless Mobster - _musu__ 

🖼 BEST COVER:
The Artist's Skills  -  black_hole_survivor  

👥 PEOPLE'S CHOICE:
Beauty Lies - queen_licious

🖼 BEST COVER:
When Silver Met Gold  -  IEscapist  

👥 PEOPLE'S CHOICE:
The World Blues - underatedpessimism 

🖼 BEST COVER:
The Cloud & Her Tears  -  Samtherealist  

👥 PEOPLE'S CHOICE:
Royals - bluntpencils

🖼 BEST COVER:
Escape Route  -  teller2  

👥 PEOPLE'S CHOICE:
Kill or Be Killed - Meggie_shadowhunter 

🖼 BEST COVER:
7 days  -  Marie_rocks 

👥 PEOPLE'S CHOICE:
Dawn Of Corruption - teklis

🖼 BEST COVER:
Ellie and The Prince  -  JMStengl  

📝 WORDSMITH:
Queen Of The Night - xDRAG0N0VAx
Reclamation  -  Alpacat
Dawn Of Corruption - teklis

👥 PEOPLE'S CHOICE:
Silent Verses - whiteshells123 

🖼 BEST COVER:
The Lycan Within  -  xlionheart   

👥 PEOPLE'S CHOICE:
Weird Short Stories - WeirderMum 

🖼 BEST COVER:
Calamity | The 125th Hunger Games  -  CherryQueen55

👥 PEOPLE'S CHOICE:
Control - Brooklyn3433

🖼 BEST COVER:
Honey  -  Juullezs 

👥 PEOPLE'S CHOICE:
Behind The Nerdy Glasses - heyzilnutx

🖼 BEST COVER:
Lonely Heart  -  ShiningShimmeringShy

- as you might have noticed... FANTASY & SCI FI genre has 3 wordsmiths. Welp all those three got 5/5 grammar marks from their judges so yeah...

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

To all the winners, you may send me your email adds so I can give you the corresponding stickers. Please tell what genre or award you won lol. PM me also if you can't/dunwanna give out your e-mail :3
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

now for the GRAND AWARDS....
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

*insert another drum roll*

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

🎖 RISING STAR
This award goes to...

Truewritersheart
(Curse Of The Kind)

Their book received these scores:
JUDGE #1: 5+3+5+5+8 = 26
JUDGE #2: 4+5+5+5+10 = 29
(Grammar + Uniqueness of the Plot + Character Building + Writing Style + Overall Enjoyment = TOTAL SCORE)

...and got an average score of 27.5/30. Which makes it the book with the highest score  below 1.5k reads. This book also has the second highest score among all the entries!

🥇 RISING PHOENIX
this award goes to...

SaintIves__
(You and The Night)

Their book received these scores:
JUDGE #1: 5+5+3+4+10 = 27
JUDGE #2: 5+4+5+5+8 = 27
(Grammar + Uniqueness of the Plot + Character Building + Writing Style + Overall Enjoyment = TOTAL SCORE)

...and got an average score of 27/30. Which makes it the entry with the highest score for books between 1.5k and 5k reads. Competition in this division is tough... secondary is only 0.15 marks away!

🏆 GOLDEN PHOENIX
Last but not the least. This award goes to...

  JMStengl
(Ellie and The Prince)

Their book received these scores:
JUDGE #1: VOIDED
JUDGE #2: 5+5+4+5+9.5 = 28.5
JUDGE #3: 4+4+5+4+10 = 27

...and got an average score of 27.75/30. Which makes it the entry with the highest score... not only for books above 5k reads, but also for the whole competition!!
THIS BOOK HAS THE HIGHEST MARKS AMONG ALL THE ENTRIES and both judges loved it!!!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Thanks to all the judges who helped me until the very end! I might not have finished this without you guys *sobs*.
Now your rewards will also be delivered within January 1 - January 8.

... well I guess that ends PHOENIX WARS (WRITERS' AWARDS 2017) - WAVE 1!!!!

CONGRATS TO ALL THE WINNERS
🎊 🎉🎉🎊🎉🎊

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

84.4K 3.3K 7
2 tom dylogii ,,Agony"
26.9K 1.2K 34
Rihanna is a high school girl about to graduate when she meet the don will they live happily or will they argue all the time.........
162K 3.7K 62
imagines as taylor swift as your mom and travis kelce as your dad
227K 35.4K 92
ပြန်သူမရှိတော့ဘူးဆိုလို့ ယူပြန်လိုက်ပြီ ဟီးဟီး ဖတ်ပေးကြပါဦး