Dragon's Heart ~ Hiccstrid

By SilentBriar

Hiccup goes missing, Astrid is faced by daunting questions, and so much more happens at Berk an the Edge. Doe... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
~UPDATES~
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 23
Chapter 24 (mini)
Chapter 25
Epilogue

Chapter 22

79 2 0
By SilentBriar

SHE SO CUTE IN THIS PIC I CANT

6 weeks, 4 days, 3 hours, and 42 minutes.

That's how long Ingrid had after we found out.

That's how much time she had left.

That's how much time her tormenter gave her.

It's been a year since she left us. A year of threatening letters from a very angry Bludvic, a year of regretting things I could have done nothing about, and a year of life without Ingrid.

Today, one year ago, is the day she died.

And, today, one year ago, is the day I lost my best friend.

And my first love.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sven steps out of his hut sadly, sighing as his dagger drops to the ground with a clatter. He bends down to pick it up slowly, tucking it back into the nook of his belt reserved for the blade.

When he sees me, he smiles weakly and waves, running over.

He's grown up a lot. Kinda reminds me of Hiccup. Hiccup was hit by puberty like a truck, and everyone was shocked by the outcome. I still kind of am.

His hair has now grown out into a cute little mess that falls into his eyes, (DONT WORRY GUYS ITS STILL SHORT JUST A LITTLE MORE PUFFY LIKE HICCUP, IDK HOW TO EXPLAIN) and he's gotten a lot taller. He walks and speaks with much more confidence, and after Ingrid's death, he picked up fighting to keep him occupied.

A new pastime of mine. See who was the most precise aim over the span of five meaningless hours.

But today, he looks down. I'm about to ask what's wrong when he flicks his head to the side, and his bangs reveal his eyes. I can see it in them, it's something to do with Ingrid. He still hasn't gotten over that. 

Then it hits me: Ingrid died on this day, exactly a year ago.

I reach for his hand and he takes it, smiling gratefully as we walk over in silence to the clubhouse for breakfast.

"Astrid?"

"Hmm?" I turn to look at him expectantly, and he sighs.

"Thanks for being my friend when I needed one." I smile and muss his hair, causing him to roll his eyes as we step inside to see Hiccup and Fishlegs already there, looking over some drawings and talking animatedly about inventions like the nerds they are. No shade to nerds!

I plop down in between them and they both groan, causing me to scoff at Hiccup. Fishlegs, I can take, but my own boyfriend?! What the heck!?

"Aww, come on, I know you're happy to see me-" I burrow into his chest to annoy him and he turns a bright red, trying to push me away but then relaxing, even though I can tell he hates me doing this in front of Fishlegs.

I turn my head to face Sven, who sits on the other side of the round table and watches with amusement while taking a bite out of a loaf of bread.

"Have I embarrassed him enough?" Sven shakes his head, and Hiccup stutters.

"Wh- Wha- Why?" I cut him off with a kiss and he tries to push me away, but I shove his hand away and lean into him. I can tell he really wants this, but really doesn't want it in front of Fishlegs. I break the kiss for a moment to blurt out,

"I'm only doing this to annoy you and embarrass you, I hope you know." He's about to complain when I wrap my arms around his waist and pull him close, pressing my lips to his again. I hear Sven snort as Hiccup tries to push me away again, but fails.

Come on, Hiccup. I peek open an eye, so he won't notice, to see him furrow his brows. In his eyes I can see a deep longing, but his red face says otherwise. Finally, he manages to push me away and I groan, falling back into Fishlegs.

"Fish, can you believe him?! Won't even let me embarrass him in public!" He tuts and wags a finger at Hiccup, turning back to the papers.

"Hiccup, that's very rude." Sven bends over in laughter and Hiccup flings his arms up, obviously annoyed.

"Are you serious!? Even you, Fish?! You've gone to the dark side!" He swoons dramatically and thunks the back of his head on the bench, and I slide off to crawl over to him. I rest on my knees and bend over his head to meet my eyes with his. He raises an eyebrow and I grin.

"Come on Hiccup, you can handle a little embarrassment just to make me happy, right?" I attempt puppy dog eyes, and he bites his lip and looks away, holding back laughter. "Pleeeeaaase?" He finally rolls his eyes and turns back to me with a red face.

"Fine." I squeal and bend down to press my lips to his, and he closes his eyes. HA! I knew it!

I hear some of the tableware clattering as Sven peers over the table, laughing. Hiccup eventually pushes me away and then sits back upright, turning back into the table with a pink face.

"There. You got your stupid embarrassment. Now let us work." I groan and head over to Sven, rolling my eyes. He snorts and tosses me a roll, which I grab midair. I stick out my tongue as he jumps up from his seat, jogging after me.

Out to the training field!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AUGH, that was embarrassing.

And it felt amazing.

But nonetheless, Fishlegs is still here. We finish up our plans and have a mini debate about the size of the launcher. He ends up winning. 

Just as we're finishing up, Snotlout and Ruffnut walk in, hand in hand. We both stare as they start and immediately drop each other's hands, red faced. Fishlegs snorts and stands up, collecting his papers as I snap by notebook shut.

"Well, thanks Hiccup." He waggles his eyebrows at the two tomatoes standing in the doorway before walking out. Ruffnut puts her head in her hands and I pat Snotlout's shoulder, whispering in his ear before leaving.

"You break her heart, I break your face." I then nod with a grin, and head out.

Not many people know it, but Ruff and I have always been good friends. Heading down the plank path, I wheel around to turn into my  house and head towards my desk and drop off the notebook. 

I pop open the compartment underneath my desk and drop the book in, and am about to close it when I notice something off. 

My side sketchbook is flat. 

I scramble to grab it, hitting my knee on the desk in the process and flipping through the sketchbook hurriedly. Ignore all the drawings, I'd rather not talk about them. 

The page after my drawings of Astrid, covered with a mural of words. I hold in my breath as I turn the page, then drop the book. There's nothing there.

The ring is gone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I fling an axe at the target and Sven yells in frustration as his passes right underneath mine from a different angle. I laugh and run over to pick them up as he groans.

"I'm telling you, it's possible!" I fling his axe at him and he dodges it, frowning. "Astrid!" I stick a tongue out at him and grab my axe, heading back over with it on my shoulder.

"It's totally possible, but they won't deflect and keep going, they'll just stop and fall where they are." He groans and grabs his axe, preparing for another throw.

"No, they won't deflect, but they'll hit eachother, bounce back and then fall." He demonstrates with his hands as I shake my head. Behind him, Toothless lands and Hiccup slides off, an off smile on his face.

"Are you guys fighting about the axes hitting midair again? If so, Sven is right."

"HA!" Sven pumps a fist into the air, throwing his dagger into the soft dirt to make a point. Hiccup rolls his eyes and heads over to me as Sven dances around and sings from behind.

"So, umm, h- have you seen anything, umm.. Weird, lately?" He scratches the back of his head, and I shrug.

"Other than Sven's dance, no. Why?" He blushes and shakes his head, dropping his hand from the back of his neck and shrugging awkwardly.

"Uh- umm, no reason." But then the blush goes away and he steps close to my ear, waving me close. "And by the way, you're gonna pay for embarrassing me like that earlier." I shriek and run away as he tries to grab me, and screeches out. "THIS TICKLE WAR IS NOT OVER!"

I turn back to look at him, and then trip, and he stumbles over me to land on top with an 'oof'. We end up face to face and my face heats up as he waggles his eyebrows and Sven shrieks from behind us. 

I try to escape, but he presses his lips to mine and I can't get away. Sven is still running around and squealing like Heather, mind you.

Darn it, Hiccup.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Really short filler chapter, but I think you'll like what's coming up next MUAAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Its not bad, lol (for once)

~SilentBriar/Emma

P.S. This wasn't edited, DONT KILL ME FOR THE BAD GRAMMAR AND PUNCTUATION

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

200K 4.5K 41
What if things went differently when Toothless came to save Hiccup during his final exam. What if Hiccup ran away with Toothless that day. Hiccup Ho...
134K 3.8K 58
Astrid lived a life full of struggles while her dad and brother were in Arizona her mother worked hard to earn money to feed and pay for Astrid's sch...
1.9K 69 15
After the romantic flight with Astrid, Hiccup and Toothless leave as they planned to. Astrid tells Stoik that Hiccup left and wasn't going to come ba...
335K 11.2K 38
If you thought I was giving up on Hiccup, I wasn't. I will never. We've been through so much. When I get my hands on Merida, I'm not showing her any...