Different

By poohwrotethis

does being different make you any better? More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter twenty
Chapter twenty-one
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Twenty-Nine
Thirty
Thirty-One
Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty - Five
Chapter Thirty - Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT
Chapter Forty two
Chapter Fourty Three
Wassup❀️
Win Your Love

Chapter Twenty-Three

6.6K 278 37
By poohwrotethis

Walking into Ace's condo and it felt like she just released a breath of air she'd been holding in forever as she closed the door she automatically hit her and she just broke. It felt like her heart was shattering into pieces all over again from the moment she realized she'd lost him.

His room was exactly how he left it and all she could do was cry because she did miss him so much that it hurt her heart even thinking about it.

Bailey sat off to the side watching Kamille have her moment. It wasn't until she laid in his bed that Bailey knew it was time for him to join her. He always laid with her no matter what mood she was in he comforted her and he loved being under her.

Kamille just laid in the bed reminiscing on all the things that happened between the two the time she did have him. As she clutched on to Bailey she cried until she cried herself to sleep.

She only slept for a few hours being that the babies decided they wanted to train for the olympics. As she got out the bed she decided get up for no particular reason. Hooking her phone up to the bluetooth speakers than ran throughout the unit.

Fly Before You Fall begun to blast through the speakers as she walked into the closet. She remembered that Lamar told her that the safe was in the back of the closet under the false bottom of the floor.

After moving all the clothes bags and shoes she found exactly where Lamar had told her to go and ripping the floor up it was a lot bigger than what she thought. She pulled the envelope out of her bra putting the code into the safe that automatically popped open.

"Damn." Kamille mumbled as the safe barely missed her face.

The inside of the safe was deep and it held four duffle bags and a smaller bag. Although the bag was small it was heavy as hell.

As she unzipped it she seen a lot of paperwork and more envelopes. Kamille had no idea of the kind of work that Ace did she just knew he was getting money from the club. Inside the manila folder she decided to open had deeds to seven different businesses with sets of keys attached to the papers. It had information on how he collected money and paid people. The other paper was in Ace's handwriting at it was information to different bank accounts it had pins and everything else. The others were his papers like birth certificates and things of that nature.

When she pulled out the biggest bag she struggled to even pick it up and she was pulling with all the strength she had in her. Deciding that she wasn't going to be able to pick it up she just opened it and when she did her mouth fell to the floor amazed at what she was seeing. The bag was full of money neatly placed on top of each other in bands. The other three bags held the same thing and Kamille didn't know what to do with it. She knew she wasn't going to spend it and she knew telling everybody would only cause a frenzy.

"Lamar I need you to come over to Ace's condo on 12th st." Kamille said as Lamar answered on the first ring.

"Wassup everything straight?"

"Yeah I just have some questions." She sighed

"Alright im around the corner I'll be over there in five."

"Okay." Kamille said hanging up

As kamille hung up the phone she placed all the papers in the bag and sat it outside the closet. She knew that she would have to move all of his stuff soon but for now she'd leave the money because she wasn't going to do anything with it.

As she walked to the living area an unknown number florida number flashed across her phone screen.

"Hello?" A females voice came through the phone

"Hello who is this?" Kamille asked with her eyebrows furrowed

"Hey it's Ari Im your um- sister." She rushed out

"Who?" Kamille asked again

"Kesaria look Im in town for a few days and if you could meet me for dinner tonight maybe?" She asked "Grandma told me you lived in Atlanta and how the last time you were there things went left. I never had to opportunity to speak with you myself and I was just hoping-"

"Sure just text me where you want to meet." Kamille said trying to get off the phone hearing Lamar at the door.

"Wassup sus everything straight?" Lamar asked walking into the unit

"No I needed to talk to you about some stuff."

"Like what you went into the safe?"

"Yeah why didn't you guys tell me about his businesses? Who's been running them?" Kamille asked sitting down

"I check on 'em but nobody really." Lamar admitted

Kamille sat back and sighed knowing she would have to do something because there was no way these businesses would survive if nobody was taking care of them.

"Whatchu' thinking about doing?"

"Tuesday we are going to go to them and check on them. I'll talk to the people let them know who's running things now and just pray things run smoothly."

"You sure you need this stress on yall three right now?" He asked referring to her and the babies

"I have to I know Ace wouldn't want things he worked hard for going down the drain and while we sit here and allow it."

"Yeah I see why he loved yo' ass so much. We'll swing by whenever you ready." Lamar said looking at her

"Yeah I went into the safe and I don't know what to do."

"What was in there?"

"His important paperwork and money I mean a lot of money. Im not spending it."

"Yes you are. You got two lil niggas to raise you gone need it."

"I know but I just don't know."

"Did you get the codes to the bank accounts? Ace had accounts everywhere that lu' change you probably found aint even an ounce of what he really got, he was smart about his moves and money I know he'd have you and them babies dripping in gold if he was here." Lamar said feeling guilty

"I know." Kamille sighed

"Keep ya head up just look into all the extra stuff before you on too much. You know we got you s don't feel like you in this by yourself"

Lamar had already taken over the businesses that he knew Kamille had no business getting involved with. He loved her like she was blood and he'd be damned if he let Ace down by letting her go through anything by herself.

"What ya got planned for the rest of the day?" Lamar asked getting up

"Nothing Im going to finish up here and my sister called and said she wanted to meet up for dinner so Im going to meet her around eight."

"Be careful man call me if anything happened." Lamar said knowing they still had to look out for Kamille because they didn't know who could be possibly be looking out for her or trying to figure out who else was associated with Ace.

"Alright I will." Kamille said walking him out.

Kamille and Bailey stayed for another hour and a half before leaving. Kamille made sure to bring the bag with her knowing she'd need it when she went to check on things at the businesses and the bank.

She'd received a text from her Ari asking her to meet her at Ruth's Chris Steak House.

She took a shower at Ace's Place and got ready so all she had to do was drop Bailey off with her mom and she was on the way.

"Hello Im here to join Kesaria."Kamille spoke to the hostess

"Oh yes ma'am this way I believe she's been awaiting your arrival." She said walking her to the table

Kamille was happy she'd gotten a table because lately she had been extremely uncomfortable trying to squeeze into booths.

Approaching the table Kesaria's face held a smile until she seen Kamille's huge belly and her eyes grew really big.

"Hey!" She said getting up to greet Kamille. She wasn't sure if she should hug her because they didn't know each other and most pregnant people did not like being touch.

Instead of being standoffish like she wanted to be kamille allowed her to hug her although her stomach was very much in the way.

"Hello." Kamille said sitting down placing her purse next to her.

"Let me just start by saying you look absolutely gorgeous."

"Thank you I can say the same for you."

"Thanks. So how old are you?"

"18 you?" Kamille asked trying to figure out how long her father really had been with his wife before messing with her mom.

"21." Kesaria said as the waiter walked up to the table

"Hello my name is Johnathan I'll be you your server today what would you guys like to drink?"

"I'll take a water." Kamille said

"I'll have the same." Kesaria said smiling at the waitress

"Are you ready to order or do you want me to come back he asked looking in between the two."

"I think I want the shrimp and grits." Kamille shrugged not really wanting anything from here.

"I'll take the lobster mac and cheese with the loaded chicken breast. I also want the Steak house salad with steak but without the unions and cheddar cheese instead of whatever that is can you also add extra eggs and spinach." Kesaria said finishing her order

"The salads are all table salads not so much personal." The waitress said

"I think we can handle it is three of us here." Kesaria said

"Four actually." Kamille chuckled

"Alright well I'll have your things soon." He said walking away

"You're having twins?" Kesaria said once again surprised

"Yep." Kamille said rubbing her stomach "A boy and a girl"

"Oooh TeeTee's babies" She said smiling big

The two talked and ate for almost two hours about everything and they wished they'd met each other sooner. Kesaria was a lot different than what she thought she just couldn't believe that her mom was her father's mistress. He had seven other children and she was surprised that his wife stayed with him after he had three kids on her. Kesaria explained how her mom was and how she basically let their dad control her.

"Where are you staying?" Kamille asked as they walked out of the Restaurant

"Georgian Terrace."

"Oh!" Kamille said "My graduation is Friday you're more than welcome to come if you want."

"You know im there for you and my babies." She squealed touching Kamille's stomach as one of the babies kicked causing the other one to get riled up

"Calm down in there" Kamille laughed as Kesaria moved

"If you want to go shopping tomorrow we can." Ari offered

"I actually have graduation rehearsals but after Im free."

"Okay just call me."

"I will."

-

Walking into her mom's house kamille was met by a happy bailey who always got excited when he seen her. Surprisingly her mom was still awake when she got there.

"Hey how are you feeling mama?" Kamille's mom asked walking over to her

"Good." She smiled at her mom

"I made your favorite cake." Her mom said as they walked to the kitchen

"Well im going to get out of these clothes." Kamille said walking up the stairs with Bailey following her every move.

When Kamille got her clothes off she went straight into the shower and stayed in for almost an 45 minutes. She found showers so calming especially with the babies as soon as the water would hit her belly they'd automatically calm down. She thought about how she'd be able to basically raise her babies alone. She knew her babies would be taken care of being that both sides of the family were really supportive but as a parent it would be hard. She thought about how in less than three days she'd be graduating.

Kamille and Monica hadn't spoken since the whole falling out but she knew she seen her around. When she moved out of the condo they didn't even speak then she just left. Kamille wasn't really didn't even bother trying to "fix" the friendship she was about to be a mother and she did not need and negativity in her life.

After being in the shower she got out to and moisturized her body really well. She was lucky enough to not encounter many stretch marks. When she walked into her room she seen bailey already asleep in her bed as usual he acted as if he had a full time job and went to school.

"Kamille are you done?" Her mom yelled up the stairs

"Coming!" She said pulling her shorts up. She didn't even bother putting on a shirt knowing it wouldn't cover anything so a sports bra could just have to do.

As she walked down the stairs she heard voices other than her mother's it was a male's voice that sounded way to familiar.

As she entered the kitchen she realized the voice did belong to who she assumed it did and many emotions ran through her all at once. A part of her didn't want to see him but the other half knew he had a lot of explaining to do.

"Kamille." He said looking at her in shock.

"Asulas" Kamille replied

"Wow I really missed out on a lot I see."

"Sucks that you will continue to miss out too huh?" Kamille questioned taking a bite out of her cake as her mom watched the two interact.

"You cant blame me for the things I did. Everything I did was for you!" He explained

"Liar." Kamille said simply "You did all that you did to cover your ass not anyone else's! You're a selfish man and you know that. Why are you even here."

"Kimberly are you seriously going to let her-"

"Oh no you wanted to talk to her and you're getting what you asked for." Her mom said walking away

"Look Im here to build some kind of relationship with you and my grandchild." He said looking down at her stomach

"Children. Your grandchildren." Kamille corrected

"You have a baby already?" He questioned

"Im having twins." Kamille smiled looking down at her stomach "Don't feel like you have to be in my life. I don't want anything from you. When I wanted a relationship with you I was neglected for years im not understanding why now?"

"I know I messed up. Kesaria told me she met up with you and she won't even talk to me. Your other brothers and sister want to meet you. I want to apologize for everything Im not perfect and I wasn't perfect then I want you to know Im willing to try if you let me."

Kamille sighed and closed her eyes thinking about if she really wanted to let this man back in when all he has done is tell her lies and throw empty promises at her. She knew that if it were her children she would want them to have the relationship but now they have to grow up without a father and she's having the opportunity to build her relationship with her.

"My graduation is Friday Congress Center at 5:00 don't be late."

Word count: 2550

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2K 146 8
"Tell me what you see in me... Gotta be something different"
89 0 23
I love love Simon so why not
64.3K 4.9K 30
Romance,Boyslove,
3.5K 194 11
𝖠 𝖣𝖺𝗏𝖾 π–€π–Ίπ—Œπ— π–₯𝖺𝗇𝖿𝗂𝖼.....................