His silence is his Pride (ON...

بواسطة Girlwithpearl

In a religious, traditional and loving Muslim family, there lived a girl with loud and different opinions of... المزيد

His silence is his Pride
Chapter one ❤ "The Bad news"
Chapter Two ❤ "The Bad news continues"
Chapter Three ❤ "An Old Friend"
Chapter Four ❤ "Heading for a fall"
Chapter Five ❤ "An unsuccessful attempt"
Chapter Six ❤ "Janaan"
Chapter Seven ❤ "Resentment turning into abashment"
Chapter Eight ♥ "The Proposal"
Chapter Nine ♥ "The unforeseen"
Chapter Ten ♥ "Accusations"
Chapter Eleven ♥ "Hamad's offer"
Chapter Twelve ♥ "Friend's Betrayal"
Chapter Thirteen ♥ "Payback"
Chapter Fourteen ♥ "The wish"
Chapter Fifteen ♥ "Living for others"
Chapter Sixteen ♥ "Persuasion"
Chapter Seventeen ♥ "The reply"
Chapter Eighteen ♥ "The Engagement"
Chapter Nineteen ♥ "Unexpected guest"
Chapter Twenty one ♥ "Confessions"
Chapter Twenty Two ♥ "The wedding"
Chapter Twenty Three ♥ "Unveiling the truth"
Chapter Twenty Four ♥ "Internal Chaos"
Chapter Twenty Five ♥ "His grave silence"
Chapter Twenty Six ♥ "A Dead Man's Wish"
Chapter Twenty Seven ♥ "Giving in"
Chapter Twenty Eight ♥ "His world"
Chapter Twenty Nine "A blast from the past"
Chapter Thirty ~ "A Cup of Tea"
Chapter Thirty One ~ "Alone"
Chapter Thirty Two~ A walk to remember
Chapter Thirty Three ~ "His Pride, his dignity, his Status."
Chapter 34 ~ "One Step Closer"

Chapter Twenty ♥ "Value of families"

58.4K 1.9K 331
بواسطة Girlwithpearl

                                                  Chapter Twenty

                                                 “Value of families”

Mahra

Sunday

I was in my room, starting to get ready for the dinner which was held in our house for my in-laws. My mother had invited all the women in Zayed’s family over for dinner and aunt Amna joined in as well. It was a small family get-together. Since there was no party for the engagement so this was the reparation. 

Sara had come on my request and was now helping me get ready for the dinner. We laughed at my silliness as I told her about my surprising encounter with my fiancé, Zayed. I explained my failed attempt of escaping the maylis in hopes to not face him. It had been the reason for my abashment day before yesterday.

His eyes; his hazel brown eyes that were always alive yet very silent, kept flashing back in my brain since our confrontation. I could paint those eyes, I thought to myself. My heart came out of my chest when I first entered the room and saw him sitting there, looking at me. What his eyes did to me, nothing else ever could.

“That’s it? he didn’t say anything else?” She asked, her eyes wide, as I told her about my conversation with Zayed.

“He asked me not to be too harsh on Hamad.” I forced back a smile.  

“Really?” She grinned. I nodded in reply.

“Why would he say that?” She questioned, giving me a playful look. I shrugged my shoulders. “He must’ve seen how blunt and outspoken you are,” Sara guessed. “That’s why he said that.” She answered her own question.

I laughed and shook my head, remembering my first conversation with him in his office and the time when I had screamed at a poor driver for bumping my car and Zayed had seen me.

Sara’s eyes were fixed at me, as I thought back to those times; her interest and doubt increased. She knew me well enough to read my expressions. I looked away, trying to brush the old embarrassment off.

“What have you done?” She guessed, raising her eyebrow questioningly at me.

“Nothing!” My voice was unconvincing which turned her doubts into certainty.

“Mahrooooo,” She moved a little closer to my side of the bed. “What have you done?”  

“Are you crazy? Get away from me!” I said, standing up and throwing her hand that she placed on my shoulder, all the while smiling.

If I told her about our first meeting, when I refused his help, our second conversation where I had attacked him with my big mouth and accused him for not knowing his job, she’ll definitely think that’s why he liked me. I knew Sara’s logic, it never made sense.

Seeing me quite for a while, Sara gasped, exaggeratingly. “Is it that embarrassing?”

I thought about it. Well, it was. Pretty much!  But I wasn’t going to tell her to double the embarrassment.

“Not as embarrassing as yesterday. Uff I literally wished to vanish in front of them. You should’ve seen the way he and Hamad were smiling when Hamad tricked me!” I recalled and flushed.

“Darn, I missed it.” She teased, clapping her hand on her lap. I gave her a smug look and rolled my eyes.

A few minutes later my sister Reem came into the room looking very pale and pregnant. On the second day of my engagement, before going back to her husband’s house, Reem learned that she was expecting her third child. The news had doubled my mother’s happiness.

“Are you alright? You look a little pale!” I inquired, concerned.

“Yeah, I am fine. Why aren’t you ready? The guests will be here soon!” Reem said.

“I am ready, just have to get dressed.” I replied.

“Well then, hurry up.” She made her way to the door again and turned before opening it. “And don’t start chatting. I know what happens when both of you get together.” She complained, making Sara and me smile.

“Don’t worry Reem. Fifteen minutes and you can take her down.” Sara said, standing up from the bed.

Once Reem was gone, Sara and I silently went back to work. I walked over to my safe box and took out my white gold set that I had decided to wear. Sara, on the other hand, walked to my wardrobe to take out the dress that my mother and I had bought for this particular dinner.

As always I hated the silence in the room, so I broke it. “Before a month or so, I would’ve never thought that I am to get married so soon.” I said, thinking about how quickly things had changed in my life. Day before yesterday the men in my family and Zayed’s had gotten together to discuss our wedding and had, surprisingly, fixed a date in three weeks.

“Yeah, three more weeks then you’ll be on someone else’s guardianship.” She reminded, opening the wardrobe door and steeling a glance at me.

 “It’s too soon don’t you think so?” I questioned, raising an eye-brow. My cousin took out the elegant light blue dress which was covered in a plastic bag. She didn’t reply because her eyes fell on the dress and opened the cover’s zip to unveil it. She carefully took it out of it and examined the embroidery. “It’s beautiful.” She meant the dress. I smiled and looked from her to my nails that were freshly manicured.

“He called me to ask if I was okay with the rush, and I told him I was fine but this wasn’t what I expected.” I began.

“You still have three weeks, that’s almost a month. You’ll get used to it.” She consoled. I nodded slightly, a little off which she noticed. “What? you don’t think you’re ready?” Sara asked, gazing at me. I stared back and shrugged my shoulders. I didn’t know the answer to that question!

“Don’t worry, it’s not just you. We women are confused creatures. We can never be ready to get married!” She joked, we both laughed at that.

I still wore a light smile as I walked towards her and she handed me the dress. I took it and entered the dressing room to change the casual jeans and top and wear the fancy dress.

“Be careful not to ruin your hair.” Sara called to warn me. I tried not to mess the light curls.

Once done, I came out to ask for Sara’s opinion and she smiled approvingly which was soothing. I myself walked to the mirror to check if she wasn’t lying and turns out she wasn’t. The dress looked beautiful.

“Now, sit down. Let me open your curls.” Sara ushered to the chair in front of the dressing table. I carried out her request and watched as she slowly unclipped the hair-rollers to let the strands of my hair fall down on my shoulders, elegantly.

My make-up and hair were already done in the salon, but we were just putting the last touch ups. Sara moved from my hair, to the jewelry. She put the necklace around my neck and clipped it.

 “I won’t say ‘love’ but you do like him, don’t you?” She eagerly asked after a while. I allowed myself some time to think about it.

“I don’t hate him anymore, Is that good?” I asked, dodging her question.

“Umm for someone who has never liked men,” Sara mused. “That’s a good start.” I grinned and she joined me. We both looked at my reflection in the mirror, as our grins faded. Something told me that her thoughts had gone back to her brother Fahad, cause mine had. And when my eyes met hers in the mirror, I was completely sure she had.

“What?” she asked, jerking her head.

“Nothing.” I replied, denying the truth.

Sara didn’t press much on the topic and turned to give me my bracelet and a watch. I wore the first in my left hand and the watch in my right.

“Your Zayed is a lucky man.” Sara finally said. My heart suddenly skipped a beat when I heard his name or maybe it was the way she brought it.

“You think so?” I replied, my voice unsure. She gave me a questioning look.

“Why wouldn’t he be?”

Yet again, I didn’t know the answer.

“What if he doesn’t like me after marriage?” This question had been lingering at the very end of my thoughts and very bottom of my heart. I had asked myself this so many times before. Even the other day, when I met him, I searched for any sign of admiration in his eyes but it wasn’t too clear.

“He’d be blind if he didn’t.” Sara asserted in disbelief.

“Of course you’ll say that, you’re my friend.” I blamed, frowning. “And you’re not a man; you don’t know how their minds work.” Some part of me was scared to confess all of my fears to Sara; I mean what would she think of me? That I am doubting myself!?

“If you mean physically, then I must tell you that you are a very beautiful woman with a wonderful heart, no man could ignore such beauty.” She buttered me up. “Although we know that you’re fiancé is a little too good looking but that doesn’t mean he can over-do you.” She spluttered the last part, but I heard her clearly and slapped her upper arm which made her grunt and smile wickedly.

“And character wise, our men want a woman with a good name in the society, who comes from a nice family and practices his religion and traditions. He wants her pure, even if he himself isn’t.” She lectured.

“You talk sense after you’ve gotten married. Does the precious husband have anything to do with it?” I made fun of her.

“A lot,” She played along, her voice dreamy. “He has a lot to do with it” She proudly said. We laughed again and the delightful voice echoed in my room.

“Tell me about his family, how are they like?” Sara inquired. There was still a smile in her voice. I didn’t think much before replying. It didn’t need much thinking to answer her this time.

“Uncle Waleed, you know, he’s the most respectful man I have ever met and my mother-in-law too seems like a good woman. I met her on your wedding actually and then they came over for…” I paused. “You know.” I meant the proposal. Sara nodded in comprehension.

She stared at me as she stood facing me, with her back to the mirror. Her hands were supported on the table.

“I can’t believe he’s actually making you feel insecure.” She stated, giving our conversation another turn. I thought we had changed the topic of my self-doubt.

I snorted. “Please, I am not insecure.”

She was about to say something but was cut when the door opened again and Reem asked us to come down because the guests had arrived. I tried to keep calm and told her we’d come in a minute. I picked up a perfume and applied it then applied another coat of lip-gloss. Sara refreshed her blusher too.

“Besides he was the one who asked for your hand, he must’ve seen something in you at work.” She explained still stuck on our last topic. Nice way of lifting my spirits.

 “Of course.” Was all I could manage to say because my mind was preoccupied with the guests downstairs.

“And what did you see in him?” She asked, as we both took last glances at ourselves in the mirror.

He is like a breath of fresh air!

I wanted to say..but didn’t.

“I have noticed his consideration.” I said and headed to the door. I didn’t want to confess that to Sara face-to-face.

“Really?” I heard her say from behind me. We got in the hall and she came to walk by me.

“Yeah, He’s very thoughtful and I can tell because before calling me he had asked Hamad whether if he didn’t have a problem with him calling me.” I said, remembering Hamad telling my mother that the other day.

“Good going brother-in-law.” Sara praised, with a raised eye brow and a devilish smile.

I think we were still smiling when we got to the stairs.

 ~*♥*

My heart fell down amongst my lungs when my eyes fell upon the audience scanning me from head to toe. Some wore smiles of approval and others were just staring, blankly. The judging eyes slightly fazed me, but when I saw Umm Zayed stand up at my approach to great me, the feeling quickly disappeared and I walked forward to meet her. She had been sitting next to my mother who held Reem’s son, Hareb, in her hands. From the corner of my eyes, I saw my mother smile at me as I kissed Umm Zayed’s forehead and asked after her health.

The chairs in our living room were arranged in a semicircle, which allowed me to easily work my way through the guests. Next to my mother was Laylah, Zayed’s older sister, I knew her because she had come along with her mother last time. She too smiled at me, a smile that reached her eyes and I tried to return it with as much warmth as I could sum up. Laylah introduced me with the woman next to her. I was told that she is their uncle Badr’s wife. Her name was Deema, she looked a little foreign. As she greeted me, I noticed her Kuwaiti accent.

A familiar looking girl, who I had seen on Sara’s wedding, was next. I don’t think I remembered her name but I did remember her face. Laylah told me last time that she had another sister and had mentioned her name too but I forgot. Was it Maryam or Maitha?

Nevertheless, I met her and instead of saying her name I called her ‘Habibti’ (Dear) which helped avoid an awkward situation. Two young girls, who looked exactly alike, probably twins, stood up too. I greeted them in the traditional way, three kisses on the right cheek, smiling as I did.

A woman probably in her mid-forties managed to stand up and I asked her not to do so, because she held a baby girl in her hand. I heard them say she was uncle Waleed’s only sister. She looked a little like him too. I moved over to the last two women, one was called Umm Rashid and was Umm Zayed’s sister, the other very old woman was Zayed’s grandmother from his mother’s side.

Before the grandmother stood up, I placed a hand on her shoulder gently, and stopped her from getting up. I didn’t deserve such respect. She smiled and I bent down to kiss her forehead and then her right hand. We exchanged greetings and she still held my right hand then patted at the space between her and Umm Rashid for me to sit. I didn’t deny her request and sat down beside her.

There was a positive energy that radiated from the grandmother. Everything about her was different; she looked pure, innocent and ancient.

She asked me some questions about my age, studies and work. I answered her simple questions with as little information as they required.

“Khadijah, your son has chosen well.” She said glancing at Umm Zayed and kindly pressed my hand that was still between her hands. Everybody in the room turned to the grandmother as she spoke and who she spoke about. My eyes fell upon my sister Reem and Sara who sat together on the other side of the old lady, and smiled at me. 

“Yes mother, he’s my son after all.” Umm Zayed replied smiling. I saw my mother grin at her comment and wouldn’t deny that I was a bit flattered myself. They were praising me and Zayed together.

“Fdaitah he’s always had a good eye.” Zayed’s grandmother added. “Masha Allah, Rabi Yahfidhkum wa yes’adkum habaiby.” She prayed.

After a while of sitting silently there with the women, I turned my head from one to the other as the women discussed several topics. My interest grew as I listened carefully to what Umm Zayed was saying to my mother about uncle Waleed.

“As you know Zayed’s father hasn’t been that well lately,” She said, placing her hand at my mother’s knee. “His brother is taking him to America soon for some checkups.” She glanced at Deema as she spoke. I realized everyone in the room was listening to them, except for the young twins; they were playing with my niece, Asma.

“Yes, Hamad mentioned that. Rabbi Ya’afeeh wa yigawamah bissalaamah. (May God cure him and may he get well safely).” mother replied, her voice almost sad.

“Ameen,” Everyone said in unison. My gaze was fixed at Umm Zayed who looked like there was more she wanted to say as she stared at the table in front of her, thinking of her up-coming words.

“That is why Zayed rushed with the wedding date, not thinking twice about how much pressure he would put on me or Mahra.” She glanced at me, speaking in a light tone which made us smile. “I told him three weeks was a short notice for having a Milcha and a wedding; and he refused to have a ceremony for Milcha all together. Saying that if not having a Milcha helped us hurry things a little, then so be it.” She said it as if she was saying a joke and everyone laughed. It sounded a bit weird to my ears but I mimicked everybody anyway.

“It’s okay Umm Zayed; as he wishes.” My mother said, at length.

Something weird tangled in my heart or my stomach I couldn’t tell. I should’ve been asked for my opinion, shouldn’t have I? Zayed should’ve consulted this with me!

So much for being ‘considerate’!

“No, Ya Umm Hamad. I am not going to make a decision without consulting it with Mahra. She has as much right in this decision as Zayed.” My mother-in-law turned the arrow at me and with that all the eyes turned to me. “Mahra Binti, what do you think?” 

“If you want a ceremony,” The grandmother spoke from beside me. “Then our son will give it to you.” Her words made me smile and I dropped my head, staring at my fingers entwined in my laps.

Here I was, thrown in another maze that I had to get out of neatly. At situations like these, I mean the period of courtship, things move through such a thin line that one bad move and everything is ruined. I don’t want to do that.

But me asking for my rights and asking for the things that I’ve always wished for, won’t ruin anything, will it?

It might ruin my reputation in front of Zayed? If he learned that his fiancé doesn’t agree with his decisions then what’ll he think of me?

Besides, what will I gain from a huge party that is only a waste of time and money? I should do what he wants me to do and not risk the relationship that we both share before it has even started.

“What do you say child?” Grandmother asked again. I looked up to Umm Zayed who sat across from me on the other side of the room.

“I don’t want to have a big ceremony when uncle Waleed is not well.” I said, fleeting a glimpse at my mother who looked relieved and a little proud. Umm Zayed too smiled at me warmly.

I must’ve given them the right answer.

I heard the older lady blessing me with her prayers once again and soon after the room broke in action. Umm Zayed called her younger daughter ‘Mona’- I noted her name now- to hand her the gifts that she had brought. And for the first time my eyes fell upon the mountain of presents that sat on top of each other next to my sister Reem.

As I sat there, I saw Mona taking a beautiful diamond necklace from the tray that was decorated with fresh flowers. She unclipped it and handed it to her mother who walked towards me. I placed my hand at the necklace that I was already wearing and fortunately that instant Reem came to take it off, at my mother’s orders. She also took off the bracelet and watch I was already wearing.

When my neck was left blank, Umm Zayed came to tie her necklace around it. I smiled at her as she pulled away and ran my hands through the new one. She tied a bracelet in my left hand and put a ring in the ring finger of my right hand. She then kissed my head and headed back to allow her companions present their gifts.

Slowly, starting from the oldest, all women had brought something for me. I accepted them with a smile and thanked them with all my heart. When Laylah’s turn came, she took my right hand and tied an ostentatious gold watch on my wrist.

“I know that what my mother just did was supposed to be done by my brother on the Milcha, but since you guys don’t want one this is how we repay.” She whispered to me. I grinned, thinking about Zayed doing the tasks his mother had just done and an uncomfortable feeling ran through me. The mere thought of him being so close made me feel claustrophobic.

“Thank God it was your mother who did this then.” I subconsciously said, making her raise a quizzical eye-brow. When I flushed, she chuckled and I laughed along at my big mouth.

Time passed in a blur, after having dinner, they stood up to leave but not before making several plans for the busy up-coming weeks. When they left, I realized their visit had been quite merry. I liked them getting along with my family.

~*♥*

Tuesday

According to plans we were to meet up with my in laws in Jumeirah for my wedding dress. Reem, Sara and I saw Layla, Mona and Deema in a café as we began the search for a dress that I approved of.

As I told them what I was looking for, Mona suggested we go to the ‘Frost’ boutique which she believed had beautiful dresses and she was absolutely right. Some pieces by Zuhair Murad had been extremely breathtaking.  Our second destination had been The Dubai mall where we checked out some places like the Vitoria Strange bridal Boutique, where I tried some dresses. We kept picking on some evening gowns as the search for the main dress carried on.

After having lunch together and keeping a few glorious dresses in mind, we headed to Abu Dhabi to see some Arabic designers like Mona Almansouri, who was my personal favorite.

 ~*♥*

Wednesday

I had started making a list about all the things that were remaining; from clothes to shoes to make up. Since Reem had gone back to her house and Sara was busy with her husband so I asked Ayesha to help me. Aunt Amna sent one of her daughters as well. Alia was a great company to have; she had creative ideas and an enthusiastic aura around her, which I liked.

It was nearly eleven in the afternoon when we were done with the list and had taken a small break. We drank tea as I gave them some details of my wedding dress that we had chosen by Zuhair Murad. We sat in the living room, which wasn’t in a good state at all. My mother had just come back from shopping, so the shoppers were still placed there. She had asked me to take them to my room when she left to rest. The pillows that were supposed to be on the sofas were unusually decorated on the floor. Few pieces of paper were scattered on the floor as well.

 “Mahra what do you think he’ll gift you on your wedding night?” Alia asked referring to Zayed. I thought about it for awhile. I wouldn’t want more jewelry, his mother and family had already brought enough.

“I don’t know, but I hope it’s not a book though.” I joked making them both laugh.

We drank our tea all together when we heard a soft knock on the door and as it opened, I heard two very familiar voices. “Mahra.” Hamad called my name. There was another voice which belonged to Abdullah, my young cousin.

 Both Ayesha and Alia leapt to take their Abaya’s from the nearby sofa. They were dressed in casual jeans and a tank top, with their hair down. It wasn’t a sight neither Hamad nor Abdullah could see.

Since I was dressed in a casual jalabia, I placed my Sheilah -that hung from my neck- on my head and ran up to the main entrance corridor, to prevent the guys from coming in until the girls had put on their Abaya’s.

“Hamad, you’re supposed to call before you come in.” I chastised as I saw him.

“What? It’s just you and Alia. Since when has Alia started covering from me?” He asked, walking in the room.

“Ayesha is there too.” I glared between him and Abdullah, who gave me a dubious look.

“She’s my sister.” My cousin declared and walked after Hamad.

I rolled my eyes at them. There was another reason I didn’t want them to come in and it was the filthy state of our living room. Everything was scattered and unorganized, what will they say about me? Embarrassed I followed them and saw Hamad greeting Ayesha and Alia. The girls were covered and sitting together on the sofa as if they were newly arrived guests. I shook my head at them.

They could’ve at least picked up the pillows.

Abdullah didn’t need to greet his sister but he was ill-mannered enough to not greet Alia, because his eyes had fallen at something more interesting. I saw it too, and with my eyes I tried to tell Alia to pick it up before it gets in Abdullah hands. But...it was too late!

My cousin bent down to pick up the piece of paper that lay on the table and took a few seconds to read it. It was my list. The list of the things I had to buy. He then turned to me giving me a devilish smile. I wished he wouldn’t read the last part which included personal stuff.

“Hamad Ta’aal ta’aal.” He summoned, turning to my brother and my heart skipped a beat. I couldn’t let him embarrass me in front of my brother. “Check this out.” He said, grinning.

“Abood, no.” I yelled and walked up to snatch it from his hand. He may be younger than me, but he was a little taller. So he held it up where I couldn’t reach it. “Abood. Give it back. You Jerk.” I cursed, which made him and Hamad laugh, annoying me even further.

“Abdullah, stop that and give her the list back.” Ayesha being the older sister yelled at her brother, who pretended to not hear her at all. I still struggled to trick him some way but he was tall.

“Hey, didn’t you hear her.” Alia interfered, with a harsh voice which made Abdullah turn to her. “Just give it back to her.” She ordered, taking Abdullah off guard. They both weren’t related, and the only way Alia and Abdullah knew each other was through us. Since Alia was my cousin from my mother’s side and Abdullah from my fathers.

He stared at her for a good fifteen seconds and then the corner of his lips curved up in the most wicked smile I have ever seen him wear, his eyes were filled with mischief and joy. I knew there was a snide remark he wanted to give her, but respected Hamad’s presence.

“Just for the sake of your cousin,” He said to me, lowering the page, he finally handed it back. I stole a glance at Alia and saw her staring at me, her face red.

“Afaaa, I didn’t see it.” Hamad added. He was smiling as he sat down on the chair and asked Ayesha to pour him some tea. Ayesha went to the kitchen to bring him a cup.

“Mahra make some waraq ‘enab for Abdullah for lunch, he came here for them.” Hamad stated. I folded my list until it became the size of a business card, without replying.

“Yeah Mahra yours are really tasty.” Alia excitedly said. I looked up to her at her sudden change of mood.

“Try and make them really sour please.” Abdullah ordered.

“No thanks, I have plans with Mona today. I can’t; not after what Abood did.” I refused and saw Alia pouting from the corner of my eye. “And since when have you guys liked my cooking?” I asked. None of them replied. Right then Ayesha came back with Hamad’s cup and poured him some tea.

“Mahra, I am a guest too. Aren’t you going to serve me tea?” Abood questioned, sounding offended.

“No,” I raised my head to look him in the eyes. “I don’t serve tea to jerks like you.” I spat, still annoyed at him and heard Alia giggle from beside me. I smiled too, and stood up to pour him tea. No matter how much of a jerk he was, Abood was still one of the most precious cousins of mine.

He was staring at me from head to toe as I walked to give him his tea. “Thank you.” He stressed at the word, mockingly. “I’ll miss your cup of tea.” I rolled my eyes at him.

“You better.” I said and went to call the maid. I asked her to make some Waraq ‘enab and Lasagna but first she had to take the shoppers to my room. Ayesha started cleaning up the mess we’d made and I began to pick up the pillows and place them in their right places.

“Tsk tsk tsk,” I heard Abdullah say and upon turning I noticed him shake his head. “This house is gonna be really quiet once you’re gone.” He said; his voice held some pretence of sympathy.

“You’re right. I’ll finally get some peace in this place.” Hamad added with the same tone. I twirled to look at my brother who wore a weird smile and I hate to admit this, but it did hurt… a little.

“Are you that eager for me to go?” I asked, my voice sadder than I wanted it to be. Hamad didn’t look at me and remained silent, and so Abdullah replied on his behalf.

“Of course he is.” He smirked, placing his cup on the table. “I am sure he can’t wait to get rid of you.”

His words maddened me, and now that the cup was out of the way, I threw the pillow that was in my hand to his direction. Normally I couldn’t aim well, but today my throw was perfect. I hit him right in the face where I wanted to and heard Hamad and the girls laugh as I crossed my arms across my chest in victory.

“You were saying?” I gave him a smug look. His face that moment was priceless; with his eyes open wide and mouth half open, he stared at me.

“What was that for?”

“Trust me, you deserved it.” I asserted.

“You could’ve broken my nose.” He defended rubbing his nose.

“With a pillow?” I smirked at him ridiculously. He was ready to say something when we heard Hamad’s phone ring. He took it out of his pocket and hushed us with a composed hand gesture. After a second of glancing at the screen he announced the caller.

“It’s Zayed.” He revealed, beaming.

My heart sank and my voice escaped me.

“Tell him that his fiancé is still a child.”Abdullah yelled after Hamad, who stood up to leave the room. My voice might have left me but my senses didn’t. I took another pillow and hit my dear cousin on the face again.

This time he laughed along with me and the girls; as the beautiful melody echoed on the walls, I realized I’d miss it. This was the true beauty of relatives. I now recognized the value of families.

I was blessed.

~*♥*~*♥*~*♥*~*♥*~*♥*~*♥*~*♥*~*♥*

The pictures on the side are both the dresses that Mahra wears in this chapter.

We posted in three weeks, which I believe is probably good progress. Hope you guyz like this chapter, vote and comment if you do. The feedback from the last chapter was really amazing. Thank you all for all the votes, comments and the love. You guyz make our day, every single comment means soooo much to us.

If anyone has a question regarding the Arabic lines we use or anything that you don't get, feel free to ask us in a direct message.

Just wanted to say, may be the next update will be a bit late, cause we are both having our final exmas in a month and we really need to study hard.

We love you more than words can explain.

~*'♥ Lot's of love from the witers

~Witty & Witch

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

720K 22.4K 63
Read this story about a beautiful young Muslim girl, Amira who has an arranged marriage to an independent, successful man Jahmaine, read this novel a...
2.9M 179K 67
Winner of the 'Readers Choice Award' in Historical Fiction. Winner of the 'Readers Choice Award' in Spiritual Category. Winner of Best Muslim Reader...
18.2K 1K 69
STAND BY ME❤️ #10 in spiritual ranking( 10/12/2023)😍 #1 in spiritual (15/12/2023) Life as a female Muslim, growing up in a strict community in Pakis...
6K 552 21
This is a story about how a life partner can influence our lives. A story about Zahra who has gone through so much hurt and her journey in finding he...