Gotham High

By spobysjoker

Too weird to live, too rare to die... More

~ 1 ~
~ 2 ~
~ 3 ~
~ 4 ~
~ 5 ~
~ 6 ~
~ 7 ~
~ 8 ~
~ 10 ~
~ 11 ~

~ 9 ~

681 15 2
By spobysjoker

Harley's phone buzzes and she rolled over to answer it.

It was her mother.

She wriggled out of Joker's grasp and answered the phone.

"Harley? Thank God. Are you okay?"

"I'm fine. You're the one who kicked me out, remember?"

"I didn't-" she began.

"Yeah, you did." Harley snapped. "Look, what do you want?"

"I want you to come home."

"I'm quite happy where I am."

"And where are you?" She asked.

"I'm... it doesn't matter. I'll think about it, okay?"

"Okay. But, Please, tell me you're not with... him." She said with utter-distaste around the mention of Joker.

"I gotta get ready for school. Bye." Harley said as she quickly hung up.

Harley glided back into the room and lay down again.

"What was that about?" Joker asked.

Harley jumped - not knowing he was even awake.

"It was just my mother. Calling - checking up."

"Just checking up?" He asked.

"Well, she wanted me to come back home."

"And?"

"I said I'd think about it." Harley sighed.

"So... you like it here?" Joker said devilishly.

"Uh-huh," she nodded. "Stop smirking like that." She said a lightly nudged him.

"Or what?"

"Or -" Harley said playfully but then exclaimed. "Come on, J! We gotta get ready for school."

"We don't have to go." He said closing his eyes.

"Yeah, We do, Puddin, cause I've got cheerleading practice. Come on." She said while poking him. "You know how important cheerleading is to me. Come on. Come on. Come on. Come on."

"Fine, Fine, Fine. It won't take me long. Go."

Harley squealed and ran off downstairs.

They'd left about s half hour later and arrived at school just after the first bell.

Harley caught Addison glare at her as she walked in with Joker - she figured she still had a crush on him - but that didn't bother Harley.

"Oi, Ed!" Harley called as she ran up to him. "Can I come to yours like after school... today?  Please, I really need help with the maths-"

"Sure, sure. Actually... I can't do today. Tomorrow?"

"Ooo, why? What ya doing?" Harley asked happily.

"What can't you have for breakfast and lunch?"

"You know I'm know good at riddles." Harley said throwing her arms down.

"Think about it, what can't you have for breakfast and lunch?" Edward asked again.

"Well, breakfast and lunch..." Harley mumbled a bit more before coming to a conclusion. "Ooo, is it dinner?" She smiled. "Is it?"

"Correct." He held a thumbs up.

"You've got a date?!" She exclaimed super-loud.

"You're so loud, Harley. And, Yes, I do."

"Kristen."

"Kristen Kringle? She's nice. I like her."

"Me too."

"Aww, Ed!" Harley grinned. "Well, have fun on your date! I gotta go - got cheerleading practice. See ya tomorrow."

"Bye." He said and pushed his glasses up and walked out.

Harley skipped into the changing rooms and screamed at Ivy and Selina,

"Ed got a date!"

***

Harley skipped over to Joker in her normal, happy mood.

"How long you been watching?" She asked.

"Not long. Come on, let's go."

"Where?"

"My place. You made me come here today, I've got loads of work to do."

"What am I supposed do when you're working then?" Harley asked.

"You know... I really don't care." He said as they drove off.

"Why are we stopping here?" Harley asked.

"Cause I gotta get some petrol, Harls."

"Are ya gonna pay for it?"

Joker gave her an Are-you-serious look and opened the door.

"Wait, J! Can I get the ingredients to make cupcakes? Please."

"Quickly, Harley." He said as she dashed out of the car.

She ran in, lifted what she needed, payed for it to avoid any trouble and accidentally ran into someone on the way out.

"Oops." She said apologetically. "Sorry."

"It's okay." Harley bent down to pick some of the stuff she dropped. "Harleen?"

She was shocked. No one called her that. She looked up and realised who it was.

"D-Dad? Hey." She said cooly.

"It's good to see you. It's been a while."

"Yeah, it has." She stated.

"How's your mother?"

"Good, I guess. But I'm not staying there right now. That doesn't matter though... I didn't know you still lived in Gotham?"

"Yeah, I'm on this side of town. Didn't think I'd see you round here." He said referring to this part of Gotham being the 'bad' side.

"Well, Yep. Everyone's full of surprises, I guess."

"So, why aren't you living with you mother anymore?" He asked.

"Oh, because of this." Harley pointed to the tattoo on the side of her cheek. "And she didn't approve of my boyfriend..."

"Boyfriend?"

"Oh, don't be all 'protective Dad'." Harley smiled.

"You're not mad that-"

"I was. I was for a long time. But I've gotten over it. You left. So did I. I'll probably go back... soon. But I'm fine where I am right now."

"And where are you-" Harley's father caught a glimpse of the Well-known, green-haired, maniac stepping out of the car and he pulled her inside the shop.

"Hey!" Harley said. "What was that for?"

"I just saw the most dangerous man in Gotham. Do not talk to him." He said.

"Who? Who?" Harley asked curiously.

"Yo!" Joker said walking up beside her. "Harley, you coming?"

"Yeah, coming, J."

"Who's this?" Joker asked.

"Oo, J, this is my Dad. Dad, this is J, my boyfriend." She grinned leaning into him.

"You're... you're with... him?"

"Yeah, why? Oh, is he the maniac you were talking about?" Harley asked still grinning.

"Maniac?" Joker repeated. "I'm flattered. A new name everyday. Well, this was lovely. But I've got a lot of work to do, so, Harley get your ass out to the car, now!" He said starting to walk out. "Oh, And it was very lovely to meet you, Mr Quinn. The pleasure was all yours." He grinned manically as he swaggered out.

Harley smiled. "I gotta go now. He'll kill me if I don't."

"I don't doubt it. Come back with me, Harleen. We can hide from him, tell the police and maybe they'll finally take him away to the nuthouse he belongs in. Whatever he's said-"

"He hasn't said anything!" Harley exclaimed. "God, you're just as bad as she is. Assuming he's an awful person."

"He kills people for fun. He doesn't care for anyone else but himself."

"He cares about me! I can make my own decisions in life." Harley said as she stormed out.

The fact that her own father made fun of J like that was the part that annoyed her the most. He wasn't insane. Just damaged. He didn't belong in a nuthouse. He belonged out here. He is trying to make Gotham a better place. He's trying to make everyone smile.

"Ready to go?"

"Yes." Harley nodded.

She shook her head and tried to push her negatives thoughts away. But she'd just saw her Dad in -God knows - how many years. And of course, she screwed it up. But, he was the one who walked out on her and-

No Harley! She said to herself.

Cupcakes. She thought.

Cupcakes

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

154K 5.7K 92
When (y/n) meets Gotham's most notorious criminal her life is changed forever. Living in the fast life, she must face insanity, death and her worst f...
641K 31.2K 52
❝Some people bring out the best in you, others brings out the worst, then there are those remarkably rare, addictive ones who bring out the most. Of...
533K 23.4K 55
❝If you have never lost your sanity, then you have never been in love.❞ Meet Harley Quinn; She is not the Harleen she was anymore. She has changed fo...
18.7K 854 46
I had to ooen a new account. I hope everyone who was reading finds this. An amazing journey into the Joker's life.