On The Run

By Thabisile_N_Dlamini

Thandeka Nkhosi is getting ready for her wedding ceremony. She feels like something is not right. She tells h... More

Author's Note: New Book Idea
Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Ten

Chapter Nine

317 24 4
By Thabisile_N_Dlamini

Not Edited

Author's Note: Here's the next chapter. Vote... Share... Comment... Enjoy.

***

07 May 2017
Villa Lugano

Chapter Nine

Duke's Point of View

I had forgotten that I was sleeping with Thandi when I came around from my sleep. She had her small hand lightly pressed onto my right cheek, almost like she wanted to move it, but was afraid of waking me up.

I opened my eyes and came face to face with her gorgeous face. She was absolutely beautiful. Everything about her features was exquisite. Her button nose, her long eyelashes, her luscious full lips; I could stare at her the whole day. I cleared my throat.

"Good morning", I said and was delighted to see the effect my voice (thick with sleep) had on her. She looked like a deer caught in headlights. She didn't know what to do with herself. She tapped her fingers lightly on my face. Eventually, she cleared her throat.

"Good morning Duke Simmons. What is your virgin self doing in my bed?" she asked and I burst out laughing. This girl was so cute.

I sat up and just watched her. Mentally, I wasn't ready to let her go, but I knew I had to.

She got out of bed and got two bottles of water from the bar fridge. She threw one at me with a sly smile on her face, but I caught it easily. She frowned at me.

"I was hoping your reflexes were shot so that the bottle could hit your face", she said and I laughed again. I honestly couldn't help myself, which is why I wanted to berate myself for always laughing at what she said.

"You are adorable", I said to help myself recoil from the moment. I gave her a once over and saw her toned legs in the pyjama shorts she was wearing and I wondered if she worked out. Not only was her face glorious, her body was amazing.

She walked over to the bed and sat cross-legged, covering her legs with the grey throw.

"So you wanna know why we were sleeping together...", I began and she nodded. "You had an episode in the bathroom of the restaurant we were at last night and you started nosebleeding. We had to stop the blood and get you out of there before anyone filmed anything. Of course, you started hallucinating, if I should call it that. Your brother didn't want you to sleep alone, so he ordered me to sleep here with you, to keep you safe, so to speak", I explained and she smiled at me. For a second, I was lost. Her smile was everything. "Your dimples are beautiful", I said, trying not to sound awestruck.

"You're always complimenting me", she said and stood up. She threw the empty bottle away and we heard a light knock on the door. She went to answer and I listened intently in case it was Mdu and I needed to quickly jump out of bed.

"Good morning, I am Tash. Breakfast is being served in the dining area", I heard a woman say and then I heard the door shut. Thandi appeared again.

"So, there's breakfast. Wanna come with?" she asked me and I almost danced with excitement that she asked me out, but I knew it wasn't real. Instead, I got out of bed and walked up to her.

"Let me go wash my face and brush my teeth and I'll meet you here in 10 minutes. Is that alright?" I asked and she nodded. She looked so beautiful that I couldn't help myself, so I gently stroked her cheek and lightly ran my index finger on her bottom lip. My manhood throbbed and I felt her shiver. I was glad to find out that the touch had the same effect on her as it had on me.

I walked out the room and went to grab a quick shower. Mdu was still snoring away, so I showered quickly and got dressed in 10 minutes. Once I was done showering, I woke him up and told him about breakfast. I left the room just when he was going to shower to go get Thandi.

I didn't knock and just walked into the room, and man oh man was my timing perfect.

I stood just near the bar fridge and stared at Thandi's exposed booty and honey pot. To say I was aroused would be an understatement. Her lips looked super inviting and I gasped.

Damn. Her body was so alluring. I imagined myself revelling in the feel of her tightness, squeezing my shaft. As she quickly stood up to face me, her breats bounced and again, my manhood throbbed. Her perky breasts were screaming for my touch.

She, however, didn't notice the change in the atmosphere. She grabbed her toiletry bag, jumped over the bed with her legs stretched and I caught a perfect view of her honey pot again. That image was permanently going to reside in my brain.

She ran into the bathroom and locked the door. It was only then that I was able to get out of the trance that I was in. She must have been appalled. I needed to ease her mind, so I found a piece of paper and scribbled a little note. I made the bed and left the note on the side of the bed that I was sleeping on. I left the room and went to find Mdu.

"Thandi is still showering. She'll find us in the dining area", I said and he smiled as he put his t-shirt on.

"Let's go", he said and I led the way.

We had been sitting for about 10 minutes when Mdu greeted Thandi. I didn't look up from the newspaper that I was reading.

"Morning big brother. Ulele njani?" said Thandi and I had no idea what it meant.

"I slept well, and you? Did Duke give you any problems?" he asked and I understood what Thandi had asked. I chuckled at Mdu's answering question. I wondered what she would say. She cleared her throat and I heard her getting a plate to fill up with food.

"I think I was the one who gave him a hard time", she said and I caught the innuendo. I placed the newspaper on the table and burst out laughing.

"Am I missing something?" asked Mdu and Thandi shook her head.

"She talks in her sleep. I hardly slept", I lied to cover her. She looked at me and it was like she made a decision in her head to be uncaring.

She filled her plate up and came to sit right next to me. I felt her hand snake onto my thigh and I froze. What was she doing?

"Good morning sleep buddy. Did you enjoy the view?" she asked and I narrowed my eyes at her. What game was she playing at? Did she want to let Mdu know what happened? She shrugged smugly and I wanted to pay her back.

"It was fantastic, especially the one of the flower opening like a blossoming rose", I said completely unfazed and she choked on her juice.

"What?" asked Mdu and I looked at him and smiled.

"Your little sister dreams of sweet things. Apparently she was bent over in a rose garden and was watching a rose blossoming", I explained sweetly. I felt Thandi shift uncomfortably. Serves her right.

"That's cute", Mdu said and I turned to look at her. I picked up the newspaper and smiled mischievously.

"Very adorable", I whispered and she blushed and looked down at her food.

"You're an idiot", she retorted in a whisper and carried on eating.

"Anyway Mdu, what have you planned for today?" I asked, switching back to the military servant I normally was.

"Well, I was hoping we could all call the numbers in the black book, split them up because they're quite a lot. We need to find a suspect with a motive and fast", he said.

"Makes sense", I said. He cleared his throat and I looked up from the paper. He looked slightly uncomfortable. "What is it man?" I asked.

"I wanted to do something else also, but I doubt Thandi will be comfortable with that", he said and I looked at Thandi.

"What is it?" she asked her faced laced with concern.

"I want to go to Westonaria to make a couple of police friends of those investigating Themba's death. I need access to the evidence..." he said and I felt Thandi tense up next to me. I turned to look at her and felt a jolt of worry because of the expression on her face. Her face showed so much anxiety and pain that it made my chest tighten. All I wanted was to protect her from anything that would take her peace away.

"So you'll leave me here...?" she said, making it sound like a question.

"Well, I was hoping the both of you wouldn't mind staying behind. I know I sprung the sleeping in the same room thing on you Duke, but I can't leave Thandi alone", Mdu said. I was still watching Thandi and she sighed in relief when she heard that she wasn't being left alone. "You can call the numbers in the black book while you wait", he added. I narrowed my eyes.

"Thandi, have the people in Westonaria seen you in your car before? Would it be a good idea for Mdu to drive to Westonaria with your car?" I asked and a lightbulb lit up in Thandi's mind.

"You don't have to worry about that. I'm going to rent a car for a couple of hours", Mdu said. "Y'all just need to take me to the car rental premises so that I can get the car. I've already called them and arranged for a car. I just need to pick it up", he added. I nodded and stood up.

"Okay. Let's get going", I said and helped Thandi stand up. Mdu followed suit and stood up as well.

Mdu went to fetch the car keys from the room while Thandi and I walked to the car. She was unbelievably quiet and that worried me. I touched her shoulder and she looked up at me.

"Are you okay?" I asked and she smiled a sad smile and shrugged.

"I guess so. I'm not going to be left alone. I'm just anxious about Mdu going to Westonaria by himself", she said.

"He can take care od himself. He's a badass military man", I tried to reassure her and she nodded.

"I guess. I'm sorry you have to be stuck babysitting me", she added. I wanted to stop her and tell her that I didn't mind spending some alone time with her, but Mdu caught up with us before I could say anything.

We drove to the car rental place and Mdu got a white Chevrolet Cruze. Once he got the car, Thandi and I drove back to the guesthouse where we got to work on the numbers we needed to call.

***

Somewhere on the N12

Mdu's Point of View

I was thinking of what I needed to do when I got to Westonaria. I wanted to go to the police, but I also wanted to pay my mother a visit. From what Thandi had told me, she had been the one who sent the cops sniffing in her direction, and I wanted to know why.

The 45-minute drive didn't seem so long when I arrived in Westonaria and was parking in the driveway of the house I grew up in... my mother's house.

My mother was looking from the window at the strange car standing in her driveway a d she looked so peaceful for someone who literally had no family left because she alienated everyone. I actually didn't even know why I had come here. It's not like the reason why I left had was something I had made up.

She walked towards the door and the door opened. I got out of the car and she froze mid-step as she was descending the stairs. It was like she couldn't believe her eyes. Obviously I was the last person she was expecting in a million years. My disappearing must have worked in her favour.

I walked up to meet her on the staircase. She smiled at me and reached out to touch my face. I moved back to avoid her touch.

"Mdu... my boy... you've come home. How long has it been?" she asked. I frowned at her.

"Where is Thandi?" I asked her and she looked uncomfortable.

"Well, I don't know. Aren't you going to come inside? I've missed you my boy. We need to catch up", she said.

"What do you think made me leave all those years ago?" I asked ignoring her request.

"I don't know. I guessed that maybe your father's death was a lot for you to handle and you needed to start over in a foreign land. But you're back now and we can be a family again. Come inside", she said.

"I saw you and him Mother. I saw you and Themba in the kitchen that day when Thandi was at school for her after school programme", I said looking her straight in the eyes. She froze and looked like she wanted the earth to open up and swallow her whole.

"I-I-I...I don't know what you're talking about", she stammered. I stepped closer to her and got close to her right ear.

"I don't know how or why I feel like you're behind Themba's death, but I will figure out how and why and I will make sure you pay for everything you've ever done to me, Thandi and my dad... God rest his soul", I said. I stepped back and looked at her horror-struck face. "Enjoy this luxury while you still can. It won't be long until you have to lie in the bed you've made", I said.

She looked like she was having an internal panic attack and I was satisfied with the outcome of our encounter. I left her standing on the porch and got into the car and drove towards the police station.

***

Author's Note: Dun-dun-dun! What do you think happened between Mdu's mother and Themba? Sorry about the cliffhanger. 😊 Check you on the next upload.

Love Thaby ❤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

94K 4.1K 49
"Whatever!" she said as she turned around to leave but he held her hand and swung her to him, she struck his stiff body. Her eyes were widened. "If y...
23.4K 1.2K 82
Since her father's sinister murder three years ago, Charley Green's life has never been the same. She finds her family shattered and frozen in the tr...
15.1K 3.3K 54
It has been nearly a year since Funmilola's disappearance and buried secrets were unearthed that shook her parent's marriage. Derek Olanrewaju arrive...
674 158 22
Carry on living without parents is already hard for them. Angeline and Sarah have been living under a happy masks seeing the other's happiness. Mostl...