The Ranch in Montana

By MissGreeneA

Harriet Grimm lived in Bel Air and she loved her life. Her parents spoiled their daughters and Harriet expect... More

Chapter One: When Did The Black Cat Cross My Path?
Chapter Two: My Last Date
Chapter Three: The Town of Artemis' Hollow
Chapter Four: A Family Dinner
Chapter Five: My Favorite Song is Anna's Favorite Song
Chapter Six: There Is No Sweeter Innocence Than Our Gentle Sin
Chapter Eight: Reunited with Joseph Brown & The Acquaintance of Rory

Chapter Seven: The Newest Member in the FFA

4 2 0
By MissGreeneA

I had to wake up at six and leave the house by 7:30, I've never woken up that early for a school day. I was a little cranky. Farrah picked me up at 7:31, her car smelt terrible. Anna and Cole were seated in the car as well. 

"Ready for your first day of school?" Anna asked. 

"Do I look ready?" I asked. She examined my clothes and smiled. I was wearing a black skirt with a floral sleeveless top, my hair was in two dutch braids. I want to come off as friendly, but intimidating at the same time.

"Just hope Mr. Berkley doesn't dress code you." Cole laughed. 

"Who's Mr. Berkley?" I asked. 

"The vice principal, he's really strict." Farrah answered. I looked at Anna, she smiled. 

"Don't worry. Just stay out of his way, he's the only one that dress codes people." Anna reassured me. 

"Okay." 

"Just stay by me or Cole and you'll be good." Cole gave me the eye, when Anna said that. I wasn't sure if Cole liked me, but I do know he hasn't forgiven me for the way I treated Anna. 

"If you can't find them, find me." Farrah instructed. 

"Got it. Thank you." In 15 minutes we pulled into the school. 

"Most people that we go to school with goes to church with us, more or less. The other people are either Jewish, Mormon, or atheist." Anna told me. I saw the boy she was looking at during church. 

"There's the guy you have a crush on." I whispered.

"Shh!" she told me. Cole walked over to him. 

"Do you have a crush on your brother's best friend?" I asked.

"Just friend and shh!" she answered. 

"What is his name?" I asked. 

"George Watson." 

"He's cute."

"I know! He's a gentleman too and he's on the football team." 

"Keeper." Anna nodded. 

"Have you spoken to him?"

"Oh God no! I get to shy. I can barely speak to him when he comes over." 

"Really?"

"I don't want to say the wrong thing."

"Well you'll get farther saying the wrong thing, rather than nothing." Anna waved Leslie down, we walked over to a group of people. 

"Are you Anna's cousin from Bel Air?" a boy with glasses asked me. 

"Harriet Grimm, a pleasure to meet you." I introduced. I shock his hand. 

"She sounds Californian!" another boy shouted. 

"How do you sound Californian?" Anna asked.

"She sounds like your mom." the second boy told her. 

"They are both from California." Anna reminded them. 

"Exactly." the first boy. 

"Are you two going to introduce yourselves or...?" I asked. 

"Right. I'm Jimmy Sparks." the first one said. 

"And I'm Howard Luke." the second one introduced. Leslie walked over with another boy and two girls. 

"Hi, Harriet!" Leslie greeted. 

"Hello." I greeted. 

"I don't think you met my brother, Barry." Leslie said. The two did not look alike.

"They're step-siblings." Anna told me, I nodded.

"Right." I said.

"I'm Julie Bittermann." the last girl introduced. 

"Nice to meet all of you." I said. I tried to copy the manner Mrs. McCarthy would greet everyone at her galas. 

"We should go to the guidance councilors." Anna told her friends. She led me down a series on halls, unlike the campus at home AH is outside. We entered a room that had, A-3. There was a desk that welcomed us and a lady on it. Behind her were three separate desks, they were divided by a colorful, florescent screen.

"Good morning, Annette" she greeted Anna. 

"Hello. I was wondering if we can get the schedule for Harriet Grimm?" Anna asked. 

"Sure thing." the lady answered. She opened a drawer and searched through files. Then she placed a small piece of paper. 

"Welcome to Artemis' Hollow High School." the lady welcomed me. 

"Thank you." I said.

"Stick by your cousin, she's a good girl." the lady told me with a wink. 

"Thank you, Mrs. Jordan." Anna said and we left. 

"We have a minute, what class do you have first?" Anna asked. I showed her the slip of paper. 

Grimm, Harriet: Queens, J         7 DIGIT: 3009477       5 DIGIT: 90450

1 AG. EARTH- Burns, M (S-7)

2 SPANISH 1- Gomez, B (L-3)

3 GYM- Adams, R (OLD GYM)

4 HONORS ENGLISH 1- Gibson, T (E-2)

5 LIFESKILLS- Gibson, T (H-6)

6 BEGINNING THEATHER- Little, J (LITTLE THEATER)

7 MATH 101- Gomez, P (M-20)

"We have three classes together!" Anna said. 

"I'm in ag. earth?" I asked myself. 

"I'm in that class, too. It's really fun, you'll like it." Anna assured me. I smiled weakly. The bell ring. 

"I'll meet you out front. Today is an odd day, so only go to your odd classes. The S buildings are near the clock." Anna told me. I nodded, she left me. I searched drastically for the S buildings. I finally found them, I ran to my classroom. When I opened the door, the bell rang.  

"Just in time!" someone said. I saw a class full of people looking at me and the teacher smiled at me. The teacher had black hair and wore a orange and white polkadot dress. She was a younger teacher and decorated her classroom with many bookish items. 

"Sorry, I'm late. I got lost." I told her. I noticed Cole was in my class. 

"You got here before the bell, so I'm fine." she told me. I smiled weakly. 

"What is your name?" she asked. 

"Harriet Grimm." I answered. 

"Yes, your aunt told me that her sister's family was moving up here. I'm friends with your aunt and uncle, they do a lot for our FFA program and your aunt is my boss." she said. I nodded. 

"How about you sit next to your cousin?" she said. I saw an open desk next to Cole, I didn't want to sit next to him. Cole isn't my biggest fan. I quickly sat down and the teacher danced to the whiteboard in the front of the room.

"I have announcements! The November FFA meeting is coming up. Those of you who are doing animals, come. You can sign up and we have four guest speakers to talk about the animals, Mr. Noel, Mrs. Cotton, Mr. Emilio, and Mr. Granger. Cole and Gunther, please thank your fathers again. The public speaking finals are the this weekend, the finals will be held at Buffalo Barn." she said. 

"Take out your packets." she instructed. She handed me one and the packet was thick. 

"Don't forgot there is a test on Friday, Harriet you will be excused from the test." she instructed. 

"Thank you." She nodded. 

"Work on page 7 and get me if you need help." she started to play broadway music. 

"Can we listen to music?" a boy asked. 

"With headphones." the teacher answered. She walked over to me. 

"I don't think I ever introduced myself, I am Miss Queen." she told me. 

"Pleasure."

"If you are anything like the Granger family, I will like you. Farrah shows cows with us, but her little brother and sister refuse to show animals. They want to stay loyal to 4-H." 

"Anna and I both do public speaking!" Cole protested.

"True, true." Miss Queen laughed. 

"Will you be showing any animals with us?" Miss Queen asked me. 

"She's never seen a cow before! Miss Queen, she wouldn't survive." Cole laughed. 

"I will." I said. Miss Queen smirked. 

"The girl got more grit than you give her credit for, Cole." Miss Queen laughed. 

"What animal are you going to show?" Cole asked. 

"What does Anna show?" I asked. 

"Anna and I show goats." Cole answered. 

"I'll show a goat." I told him. I didn't know what I was signing up for, but I wouldn't that smug look on Cole's face to go away.

"Wise choice. We have a new member, thank you for signing up." I nodded. Then she instructed me on how to do the packet.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.6K 134 7
In her pursuit of self-discovery, Ally's path unexpectedly leads her to a Montana ranch, where she encounters a rugged cowboy on his own journey towa...
157K 8.5K 25
With the eighth anniversary of his twin brother's death during a military detail drawing near, Randy (Rowdy) Kincaid bolted upright in bed, breathing...
378K 8.6K 20
*COMPLETED* Welcome to Buckley's Ranch, full of sexy cowboys and all kinds of trouble! Lord 'ave mercy! Jessie is working as a stable hand, seriously...
410K 10.3K 45
Isabella had never really fit into the mold that her family was forcing her in. Luckily, she finds a place that accepts her as she is. However, she d...