Redemption [h.s]

By _miiki

Maybe she shouldn't have opened her door in the middle of the night. 24/06/19 #3 in fanfiction 24/06/19 #3 in... More

before you read
redemption
prologue
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
thirty
thirty-one
thirty-two
thirty-three
thirty-four
thirty-five
thirty-six
thirty-seven
thirty-eight
thirty-nine
forty
forty-one
forty-two
forty-three
forty-four
forty-five
forty-six
forty-seven
forty-eight
forty-nine
fifty
fifty-one
fifty-two
fifty-three
fifty-four
fifty-five
fifty-seven
fifty-eight
fifty-nine
sixty
sixty-one
sixty-two
sixty-three
sixty-four
sixty-five
sixty-six
sixty-seven
sixty-eight
sixty-nine
seventy
seventy-one
seventy-two
seventy-three
seventy-four
seventy-five
seventy-six
seventy-seven
seventy-eight
seventy-nine
eighty
eighty-one
eighty-two
eighty-three
eighty-four
epilogue
thank you

fifty-six

36.8K 1.3K 851
By _miiki

"It's cool to see you again, it's been some weeks since the last time" Liam said opening the door, seeming really happy about seeing us. "Nope, Berry stay inside" he said stopping the small kitten from sliding out of the door with his foot.

"Hey Berry" I cooed, picking him up and walking in while scratching its left ear.

"I should've known you only came here for the cat" Liam joked closing the door behind us.

"It was obvious" I replied sitting on the couch and putting him on my lap.

"Can I get you something? Tea, coffee? Something to eat?" Liam asked us, polite as ever.

"Tea would be nice" I replied glancing at Harry for confirmation, and he nodded as well.

"So how are you guys? It's been ages" Liam asked sitting on the opposite couch, and Harry tensed up next to me.

"We're good, and you?" I replied putting my hand on Harry's knee and patting it lightly to tranquillise him at the unexpected question.

"Great! I'm okay, I guess. Kind of hectic at the moment. With the divorce, work, Berry and all, it's not that easy. But I'll survive!" He said, "I'll be back in a second, just gonna make the tea." He stood up and walked to the kitchen.

"Thanks" I heard Harry whisper to me as soon as he left the room.

"For what?" I asked him while playing with Berry, that was still on my lap.

"For not telling him" he said, and I lifted my gaze up at his words.

"Why would I tell him? That's none of his business" I replied frowning.

"I don't know. I guess you could've, since you know, he's your friend and all, no secrets and all that."

"It's not my place to be telling people. I'd never."

"Thank you" he said, sitting a bit closer to me and petting Berry on the head. The cat started purring and moved from my lap to his. He smiled slightly and scratched it behind the ear, and Berry curled up on his legs.

A loud sound distracted me from the endearing view, and I glanced to the doorway. "I'm just gonna make sure everything's okay" I advised him before standing up and almost running to the kitchen. "What happened?" I asked Liam, that was kneeling down behind the counter.

"Some cups fell" he simply said, and I kneeled down next to him.

"I'm gonna help you. Did any break?"

"Surprisingly not. Here" he said handing me one, "Can you put it in the cupboard?"

I took it and walked to the sink, washing it before putting it in its place in the cupboard.

"Thanks" he said standing up, more cups in his hands. "How long have you and Harry known each other?"

I stopped washing one of the cups and I looked at him. "Why are you asking this?"

He shrugged. "I don't know, you seem cute. Besides, I think I might've let this slip from my attention a bit too much. You seem really close."

"Oh" I replied, "it should be around five months now."

"It's a very long time."

"Is it?"

"Just let me finish here. I'll be in the living room in just a few minutes, you can go" he said after I had put that cup into the cupboard as well.

"Are you sure?" I asked him, and he nodded. "Alright then."

When I walked back into the living room, I spotted Harry on the couch, playing absentmindedly with the cat.

"Hey" I said coming up behind him and leaning against the back pillows of the couch.

He looked up at the sound of my voice, and gave me a little smile. "Hi."

"He probably likes you more than he'll ever like me" I said just to make conversation, walking around the couch and sitting down next to him.

"I'm sure that's not possible" he simply replied.

"You'd be surprised." I said smiling at him. "Did you sleep well last night? You seem tired" I added, taking in his appearance.

"Not really. There were some... things to think about" he confessed looking away.

"It's gonna be okay. Maybe you'll be able to catch up on some sleep when we get home."

"That would be nice I guess."

We silenced again as soon as Liam walked into the living room with the tea. "I'm just gonna put it here, it's really hot" he said putting the cups on the little table between the couches. "So, have you heard from Niall recently?" He asked me.

"Not really, why?"

"Just curious, he's been so hard to deal with recently. You know, never answers the calls, calls only when he wants to... Let's just say that's slightly counterproductive when we're about to get a divorce." He said sighing, sitting on the couch in front of us again with his cup between his hands, being careful not to burn himself because of how hot it was.

"That kind of sucks, but who knows, maybe he has a good reason to act like that. I don't know, I think you should tell him or something. It's always better than doing nothing, and you could actually figure out what's up with him" I suggested taking a cup and giving it to Harry before taking the last cup and letting it's warmth warm up my fingers.

"That's a good idea, I should try to do that. It's starting to get really difficult. Maybe you could talk to him as well?"

"I guess I could try when I have some free time."

"Thank you so much, it would really mean a lot."

•  •  •

"You know we have to talk about what happened yesterday, right?" I asked Harry later that night, while we were lying down on his bed.

"What do you mean?" He asked confusedly, frowning.

"That man" I simply said, "I know you know him. I'm not gonna push you, but just know that we'll have to talk about it eventually." I brushed a strand of hair away from his forehead, and gave him a little smile.

"Yeah" he replied, not being able to stifle a little smile at the gentle gesture. "Uh..." he whispered after a while, staring at the ceiling. "It was an old family friend" he continued, nervousness in his voice. "I'm sorry for scaring you, I overreacted".

I frowned at his words. "Why was he spying you?"

"I don't think he was" he said quietly. "He just happened to be there. I'm sorry."

I sighed. "That's alright." I checked the time on the alarm clock on Harry's nightstand. "We really should go to sleep, it's past midnight" I suggested, and he nodded. I turned around to turn off my bedside lamp, that was the only thing enlightening the room.

In the dark, I cuddled up against Harry's warm body, putting my head on his chest and sliding one of my legs between his.

"Goodnight" he whispered wrapping his arm around my waist.

"Goodnight, I love you" I replied cuddling up closer, and I smiled when I felt the gentle touch of his lips on my skin as he kissed my forehead.

"I love you too."

• • •

When I woke up it was still dark. I glanced at the clock, it was past 3am. I turned around, subconsciously searching for the person that should've been next to me, but the other side of the mattress was cold. I sat up all of sudden turning on the lamp, just to find out that Harry wasn't sleeping next to me. As I felt worry bubble up in my chest, I stood up and made my way to the bathroom, hoping that he would've been there, but he wasn't. Every room was dark and empty. A feeling of sheer panic washed over me as soon as I realised that Harry wasn't in the house.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13 0 24
There's no explanation about this story. It's a 1D fanfic!! Take a try and read it :)
86 24 25
PLEASE READ 'SPLIT' BEFORE READING THIS!!!!!!!! Mature content read at own risk
406 0 40
One Direction fanfic :) Written By: Ms_Tomlinson91 MrsLexiStyles BrittanyWilson1 COMMENT AND LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK :) Thanks loves <3 Love you <...
1.1M 33.6K 101
Just as things were starting to come together, everything slipped away. A tragic series of events forces Kate to learn her love story backward while...