The Incredible Adventures of...

awritercalledemma által

Life must go on. That's Cass's new motto. After the huge attack on San Francisco by ElectroNite, whom she bra... Több

Chapter 1 - Murals And Maths
Chapter 2 - There Will Never Be Peace
Chapter 3 - Detective Cass
Chapter 4 - She's One Of Us Now
Chapter 5 - Night Violet
Chapter 6 - Pimpled Waitress
Chapter 7 - It's Called Magenta, Darling
Chapter 8 - Not The Best Time
Chapter 10 - Raidan
Chapter 11 - First Fight
Chapter 12 - It's Ya Boy
Chapter 13 - Blinded By My Looks
Chapter 14 - Secret Blind Agent
Chapter 15 - Undercover
Chapter 16 - Drag Queen
Chapter 17 - Girls Are Back
Chapter 18 - Back In The Groove
Chapter 19 - More Of A Tag-Along
Chapter 20 - Korean Pop, Something's Wrong
Chapter 21 - Revolution
Chapter 22 - Orlando, Baby!
Chapter 23 - Not Jeremy Jordan
Chapter 24 - One Of Those Spy Movies

Chapter 9 - It Was Just A Kiss

1.2K 73 135
awritercalledemma által

A/N: WOWOWOWOW AN UPDATE! (I'll explain more at the end of the chapter..., enjoy!)

Officer Parker wriggled his nose as Jacob cleared his throat, causing his moustache to wriggle as well, like a very fat, overweight, hairy worm. I snapped back to attention and focused my eyes on Jacob, the man who very nearly took my life earlier.

At least then I'd be with Blaze Boy.

Shut up and focus.

"Superheroes. Scum of the earth. Enough said." Jacob muttered in a gruff and deep voice, sinking back into the chair as if he wished it would swallow him whole and get him out of this interrogation. On my right, Ace sniffed a little, showing his dissatisfaction with the man's answer.

"Right." Officer Parker murmured, taking a few notes before turning his attention back on Jacob's slightly dirty face. He really needed a wash. And a mint. "So what exactly gave you the influence of breaking into Miss Velma Cook's home a few hours ago and opening fire on three teenage superheroes?"

"What did I just say? I don't like superheroes, mate." Jacob retorted, smirking a little but keeping a relatively straight face. Officer Parker sighed in response, as Rachael began tapping her nails silently on the side of her chair.

"There's more of a reason than that, Mr Bradley, to almost kill three teenagers." Officer Parker continued, leaning in and staring at Jacob in a way that would make anyone uncomfortable. He held his gaze with Jacob for 5 solid seconds, before leaning out again and opening a brown folder on the table, looking for something. Eventually he found what he wanted and pulled out a large black and white photo of Jacob and another man walking through a forest, both in black and purple uniforms.

I recognised that purple anywhere.

"Electronite..." I gasped, gawking at the photo. Jacob worked for ElectroNite.

"This is beginning to make a little more sense now.." Ace whispered in my ear, as Jacob shuffled in his chair, staring blankly at the photo.

"Now, as Aqua Girl has just stated, you and the other man in this photo are both wearing the uniforms of the supervillain ElectroNite's headquarters. So, care to elaborate?" Officer Parker said, looking smug that he was clearly in control of the situation. 

I spoke too soon.

As soon as the word elaborate left the officer's lips, Jacob flew up from his chair and pulled all his strength into flipping the large table back in a matter of milliseconds. I shot up and leaped forward at the angry man, as Officer Parker scrambled under the table, and the other officer fumbled for his gun. I managed to knock Jacob to the floor as Rachael came up behind me, but Jacob was strong.

Much stronger.

With hardly any effort, he threw my body off of him, and I crashed into an opposite wall as Officer Parker began yelling something inaudible over the sound of Ace fighting with Jacob, and Rachael had disappeared. A searing pain hit my back and I struggled to regain my balance, squeezing my eyes shut for a moment. 

"Aqua Girl!" I heard Ace try to shout, causing me to open my eyes, finding him on the floor with Jacob over him, strong hands pressing down on his neck. Shoot. Forgetting the pain in my body, I ran forward, not wanting anything in the whole entire world to happen to Ace. I fired a high-speed jet of water at Jacob, causing him to flail and release Ace's neck for a few seconds. A few seconds was all I needed. Time seemed to freeze as one hand of mine shot backwards, continuing to fire at Jacob, whilst the other reached forward and pulled Ace upwards.

Time resumed promptly as Jacob grabbed the arm that was firing at him and pulled me towards him, causing me to drop Ace.

"Little nuisance..." Jacob spat, as we fought with our arms and legs. I tried to scrambled away, but Ace was still gaining oxygen on the floor, and Officer Parker must've been unconscious under the flipped table, because he hadn't moved. Just as I thought about using a power I've never used before, I felt another body pushed against Jacob's, forcing me away from him.

"There's only one person that can call my best friend a nuisance..." Rachael declared, breathing heavily as she fought with Jacob, still invisible. She somehow slammed the man onto the floor and I rushed forward, using my feet to press him down.

"And that's me." She finished, turning back to her visible state and revealing a pair of handcuffs, chaining Jacob's wrists together. Rach smirked at me under her mask before a handful of officers rushed into the floor, surveying the damage and immediately zooming forward, a few aiming their guns and yelling orders at Jacob, and another few tending to Officer Parker.

"I swear the police are always late..." Ace murmured from behind us. Rachael nodded in agreement, watching as Jacob was dragged to his feet. My adrenaline slowly began falling back to it's normal level, and I breathed normally again.

"We're sorry for all of this, kids. We'll call you back another time. Enjoy the rest of your evening and stay safe." One of the officers said to us as the scene began to wind down. I took one last sorrowful look at unconscious Officer Parker before letting myself by escorted to the reception with Ace and Rachael. We stepped back out into the cold Autumn air, and I gazed up at the sky, hoping to find a constellation or two. Scrap that, we were surrounded by streetlamps and office blocks.

"Stupid light pollution.." I muttered, stepping onto the sidewalk as Rachael tapped away at her phone.

"Look, guys, I gotta go. See ya tomorrow Ca..Aqua Girl?" She explained, beginning to walk away. I nodded and waved as she disappeared into the night, probably running and with good intentions of stopping by at the nearest Starbucks on her way home.

"Hey, you pretty much saved me back there, Cass." Ace murmured, causing me to turn and look up at him.

"Heh, it was nothing. I still wanna find out his real intentions though, and whatever ElectroNite wants us for now." I muttered, causing Ace to grin a little as he gazed down on me.

Gazed.

Yeah, he was full-on gazing at me. Like he couldn't take his eyes off mine.

"Mhm, yeah." Ace replied, leaning in a little. There must've been some sort of electromagnetic force between us, because for some random reason I was moving towards him.

"I mean there could be many possible reasons for him wanting to kill us, like me being annoying like I always am and..." My nervous rambling was cut off by Ace closing the gap between us, pressing his lips on mine.

His lips tasted of lime and orange Tic Tacs.

Like the citrus fruits Mom keeps on the kitchen table but never eats.

Ace probably could've felt the intense thumping of my heart through his silver jacket, and I pulled away. 

Most of my mind was urging for more, smitten by his smirk and the taste of his lips and his knotted blonde hair.

But there was still a nagging part of me.

Blaze Boy.

"I....I....I've gotta go...." I stammered, as Ace smirked a little, before taking off with a strong force and racing into the sky, so quickly that Ace was a mere speck of the city in seconds.

I was breathing heavily, the adrenaline levels in my body pulsing again.

"It was just a kiss, Cass. Nothing more than a kiss." I thought to myself, racing over the city towards the Golden Gate bridge, where I knew I would find time to myself.

It was just a kiss.

Just a kiss.

A kiss.

A/N: WELL WELL WELL LOOK WHO CRAWLED BACK FROM THE DEAD! Me! Yeet yeet guys so I'm backkk and I wanna thank y'all for bearing with me! I've had a heck of a lot of school work and exams, and I've got a few more exams in 2 weeks before Christmas break, but I hope to squeeze in a few more chapters before then! So...Cass kissed the fast boy, huh? We need a ship name...

P.S: see any mistakes? pls let me know i wrote this in a frenzied rush because i love fight scenes but forget my spelling and grammar lmao

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

2.1K 60 15
*ON HOLD* Join the teenage superheroes as they save the world as well as deal with normal daily life issues. ⚛》》》》》⚡《《《《《⚛ I think I'm doing season 1...
2.3K 64 7
The greatest sacrifice known to man, led to an adventures new life to another. 5 years have passed since the attack of the Light and the disappearanc...
156K 8.8K 54
Cascade Brown is an average 15-year-old girl, living in a not-so-normal world. Ever since the beginning of the 'Super Era' there have been hundreds o...
37.4K 2.8K 34
Ivy just burned her boarding school to the ground, but that's the least of her problems. People are chasing her, the government wants to lock her up...