The Ranch in Montana

Par MissGreeneA

Harriet Grimm lived in Bel Air and she loved her life. Her parents spoiled their daughters and Harriet expect... Plus

Chapter One: When Did The Black Cat Cross My Path?
Chapter Three: The Town of Artemis' Hollow
Chapter Four: A Family Dinner
Chapter Five: My Favorite Song is Anna's Favorite Song
Chapter Six: There Is No Sweeter Innocence Than Our Gentle Sin
Chapter Seven: The Newest Member in the FFA
Chapter Eight: Reunited with Joseph Brown & The Acquaintance of Rory

Chapter Two: My Last Date

21 3 0
Par MissGreeneA

"Do you really have to say goodbye?" Riley asked. I nodded again as I closed my locker for the last time.

"You can stay at my house." Lillian suggested. She is my other best friend. 

"I don't know the next time I'll be able to come back."

"This is unfair! We should protest, how am I suppose to finish my high school journey without one of my best friends?"

"The same way, I'm suppose to recreate my status at my new school."

"Such daring tasks for all of us!" Lillian laughed. 

"Are you going to break up with Jason?" Riley asked. Right when she asked that Jason walked over. 

"I don't know." I answered. 

"Don't know what?" Jason asked. 

"When I'll see again." I answered

"Hopefully soon."

"I don't know Montana is a long ways away from here."

"Don't be so negative."

"Well, we'll leave you two lovebirds alone, Lil and I have to ask Mr. Bohemian about our science grades." Riley told us.

"But we will see you before you leave!" 

"I'm counting on it." I said. I turned to Jason. 

"Want to go out for brunch?" he asked. 

"Ditch my last day of school?"

"What can they do?" I laughed. 

"Where do you want to go?"

"I don't know yet." I laughed. 

"How will we get there, we can't drive." 

"That's why personal butlers were invented."

"Your dad is allowing this?"

"No, but I payed my butler's son a little extra at breakfast and now I have a personal chauffeur." 

"Devious." 

"I can be." We walked to the black limo, where a chauffeur waited for us. 

"Mr. McCarthy and Miss Grimm." he greeted. 

"Derrick, take us to the best restaurant you know." Jason told him. I kissed Jason and he opened the door for me. We climbed in and the limo drove off. I saw our school slowly disappear. 

"You come up with beautiful ideas." I say. I kiss him again.

"Anything for my favorite person." 

"I'm your favorite person? I'm flattered." Within time we arrived at Sunny Day Cafe. When we sat down, my phone buzzed. I saw I had two miss calls and eight text messages from Mom and one text message from Riley. 

"Who are you texting?" Jason asked.

"Riley. They called our parents and police." I told him. 

"Because we ditched?" 

"Sheriff Brand is asking for our location!" 

"Do we give it to him?"

"We have too." 

"Great! Our last date is ruined by the cops." I muttered. 

"It's a great conversation piece!" he laughed. 

"How are you not worried?" I asked. 

"I don't know. It could be worse." Sometimes, I couldn't stand my boyfriend's optimistic attitude. 

"Do you not get we're in trouble?" 

"I get it, but we're not now. We only have a few moments alone, before they come. Should we stop arguing?" I considered my boyfriend's logic. 

"You're right."

"I usually am." I laughed. A waiter came over and asked what we would like, I ordered French toast and Jason ordered poached eggs. 

"Will you call me everyday?" I asked. 

"You know it." he answered. We got our food fairly quickly, once we got it the cops showed up. The cop was middle aged and on the chubbier side. 

"Jason McCarty and Harriet Grimm?" he asked. We stood up asked for "to-go" packages and then we walked hand and hand to the cop car. 

"You're parents are worried." he told us. We said nothing, but finish our brunch. When we arrived at school, Mom and Mrs. McCarthy ran to both of us. 

"I was worried!"

"Did you get our texts and calls?!"

"Your grounded!"

"This is never okay! Why did you think this was okay?"

"I apologize for my daughter's actions, Regina."

"I apologize for my son's actions, Georgia." With that Jason and were pulled away. I had to write an apology to a man who was no longer my principal. On the drive home, Mom lectured me. 

"Why didn't you text me back? Or call back? Harriet, I was worried! You are a smart girl, so what was going through your head? Was it, because of your father and us moving? If it was, I understand. You can talk to me, but it isn't okay. You have to understand that? Harriet?"

"I understand." I was looking at the window, I opened my phone and read all of Mom's text messages. 

"Harry, what were you thinking?" 

"I don't know."

"What would your father say?" I knew Dad would be worried, angry, and disappointed in me, all at the same time. I knew what he would say, "Harriet Mellissa Grimm, is this the way a future lawyer would act?" and then he would shake his head and turn away from me. Strangely enough, that action makes me feel worse than Mom yelling at me for the rest of entirety. 

I helped pack when I got home and went to bed early that night. Bed for me was a blanket and a pillow that I haven't packed yet, since my covers have been stripped and packed away. My phone buzzed all night, I texted Riley, Lillian, and Jason at the same time. Both telling me goodbye and how they will be there to say goodbye to me. Morning came to soon, by eight we were at the airport. I saw my friends, Mom's friends, June's friends, and Eleanor's friends. 

"We're going to miss you!"

"Text us?"

"School is going to be awful without you!" 

"We love you, Harry." I closed my eyes, I willed myself not to cry. 

"I love you guys. Don't worry we'll still talk and I'll come back in four years." I promised. 

"We'll be waiting." Lillian promised. Riley nodded violently in agreement. 

"I love you, Harry. I'll be waiting for you." Jason told me. I didn't want to break up with him, but I knew it'd be the best thing to do. 

"I'll wait too." Maybe he'll break up with me. 

"Harry!" Mom called. I grabbed my bags, Sheldon was already in the pet section. I loaded the plane and watched the airport grow smaller. I only had four hours and 20 minutes to go until I reached my new home. 

"Don't worry, girls. We are Grimms and a little ranch work hasn't hurt anyone before." Mom told us. My phone vibrated right after she said that. 

I glared at her and turned off my phone. I closed my eyes and took a nap.

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

409K 10.3K 45
Isabella had never really fit into the mold that her family was forcing her in. Luckily, she finds a place that accepts her as she is. However, she d...
378K 8.6K 20
*COMPLETED* Welcome to Buckley's Ranch, full of sexy cowboys and all kinds of trouble! Lord 'ave mercy! Jessie is working as a stable hand, seriously...
13.3K 1.1K 62
The past always has a way of coming back around. Finding herself at rock bottom after a tough divorce, Kinsey Abbot is forced to rebuild her entire...
68.5K 2.9K 30
How do you protect the love of your life if he's sitting in prison for a crime he didn't commit? *** Isabella was happy - happier than she's ever bee...