The Perfect Date

Par NatureProductions

| Novel | ~2017 ~ Book 1 - The Perfect Date series A charismatic man walks into a restaurant and gets serv... Plus

Writer's note
Chapter one
Chapter three
Chapter four
Chapter five
Chapter six
Chapter seven
Chapter eight
Chapter nine
Chapter ten
Chapter eleven
Chapter twelve
Chapter thirteen
Chapter fouteen
Chapter fifteen
Chapter sixteen
Chapter seventeen
Chapter eighteen
Chapter ninteen
Chapter twenty
Chapter twenty one
Chapter twenty two
Chapter twenty three
Chapter twenty four
Chapter twenty five
Chapter twenty six
Chapter twenty seven
Chapter twenty eight
Chapter twenty nine

Chapter two

296 21 11
Par NatureProductions

( Perspective of Lucas )

I looked over at the clock and saw that I had about an hour before I had to go out, so I decided to drive around the town to further relax and take up time.
...

After a half an hour of driving, I went back home. Josh was always early when it came to picking me up to go somewhere, or just in general. As I pulled into my driveway, like expected, I saw Josh standing outside of his car, leaning on the door and waiting for me. I smirked as he gave me a relieved expression as I walked over towards him.

"Thought you skipped town to avoid me or something."

"Why would I do that to my best buddy?"

"I don't know, you'd do that type of thing."

"Right."

We stepped into the car and Josh turned on his car.

I avoided situations like this, having to come up with conversation to keep the awkward silence from making things weird. Luckily, Josh doesn't care about that type of thing, being used to me not talking much. If he ever spoke, I'd listen and that's when I'd talk, which happens more than I'd want.

"So..."

Oh my god, here he goes.

I smiled as I looked in his direction.

"Have you found a guy," he asked.

"A guy?"

"Yea, like someone you like."

"No, not yet."

"Really? You always stare off into space at work... I'm surprised you haven't lost a finger or something. Aren't you ever thinking about someone when you're like that?"

"No, not at all."

"Sarcasm?"

"No."

"Gosh, I can never tell with you. You say things so casually and I get so confused."

I saw him chuckling to himself, making me smile.

"I just haven't found him... not yet."

"Alright, I'll drop it then."

Thank you.

A few moments later

"Ya know..."

Oh my freakin...

"I don't like to pry into your personal life like that... I just... I was just really curious."

"Curious huh?"

He blushed.

"Yea..."

"Well it isn't you, if that's what you're thinking."

"I know... I'd rather us be friends anyway. And I'm not gay so that would be a problem to begin with," he said sure of himself.

"Are you sure you're not?"

"What do you mean?"

"Well, I used to tell myself that I wasn't gay, but I knew deep down that there was something about me that was different from every other guy in school."

"I'm sure... I think. You've confused me again."

I smiled to myself.

It would be nice to have a gay friend; we'd be able to talk about guys together.

I smiled to myself at the thought

"Something funny?"

"No baby, there isn't anything funny."

I glanced over and saw him as he blushed again.

I love messing with him, his reactions are cute.

"I'm just playing man," I said.

"I... I know."
...

We arrived at the restaurant and I saw that it was named, The Grill.

"The Grill? Really, they couldn't have put more thought into the name?"

"Luke, stop being so picky. It's good... is what my sister said."

"I hope she has good taste."
...

We walked in and were greeted by an African American woman. She had a natural hair style and had dark chocolate colored skin. She smiled and showed us her white teeth.

"Hi, welcome to The Grill, my name is Cassandra."

"Hi," we both said.

"Alright, follow me to a table."

She walked us to a booth table near the windows, on the left side of the restaurant. We sat down and she asked us what we wanted to drink to start everything.

"I want a sprite," Josh said.

"A coke for me," I chided.

"Alright." She left and I saw Josh staring at her as she walked away.

I kicked Josh under the table.

"What," he snorted as he quickly glanced at me.

"She's pretty isn't she? You want me to ask her out for you?"

"No, please don't. Whenever you ask someone out for me, they end up being disappointed by me, being that you describe me as a millionaire or something. Lying gets you nowhere."

"Lying? I like to call it stretching the truth."

"Well you stretch the truth too much."

Cassandra came back and handed us our drinks.

"Alright, What would you guys like to eat now?"

I hadn't even looked at the menu. I glanced over it real quick and just chose a random dish.

"I'll have the steak special."

She wrote it down.

"I'll have the same."

"Alrighty, I'll be back with those soon."

She walked away and as I glanced at her, I saw a guy walk past her with a couple of plates in his arms.

I faintly heard Josh speaking to me about something, but whatever he was saying, wasn't registering in my brain.

The waiter, he was placing down plates on a table, and I noticed how defined his body looked and moved in his clothes. I'm not embarrassed to say that I checked out how his pants fit around his butt.

Don't tell me I'm weird for checking him out; straight guys do it all the time to girls.

I wanted so badly for him to drop something so that he'd have to bend down and pick it up.

He had brown hair and from the side of his face, I saw that he had on glasses.

I was basically staring now.

He turned around to walk away and I was shocked at how handsome he was.

The way he walked was so adorable and almost provocative. He glanced over at me and casually smiled, quickly looking away to focus one where he was going.

"Did you hear any of what I said?"

I glanced at Josh who was following where my glance.

"Oh... you weren't listening to me... you were too busy gawking at some guy."

He smirked and propped his chin up on his palm, resting his elbow on the table, looking at me like he knows all of my past, present and future sins.

"No, I wasn't."

I took a sip of my coke and glanced anywhere but at him.

"Dude, I saw you. I've never seen you stare at someone before."

"I honestly don't know what you're talking about Josh."

"I'm not stupid Lucas, you were staring at him... you like him.."

"Just because I stare at someone, doesn't mean that I like them... I just..."

"Face it... you want to take him home and ravish him."

I chuckled, knowing that what he said was true.

"I'm not going to say anything more. That chuckle just proved my point."

"How?"

"I know you."

"Right, and I bet you want to get to know the waitress waiting our table."

He stopped smirking.

"I mean... I guess."

"Yea."
...

The entire time we ate, I watched as the handsome waiter walked around the restaurant, waiting tables and cleaning others.

At one point, he had to reach over the table to clean the edges and I smirked at how perfect his body looked. Everything he did was done so in such an effortlessly sexy way. I wanted to hear him speak. I wanted to know his name. I wanted to know all about him and I wanted to get to know him personally.

"Dude, stop staring at him, you're being weird now."

Without turning my head, I said, "Josh, are you jealous that I'm not giving you all of my attention."

"Yes."

I laughed at his serious tone. I turned to look at him.

"I'm sorry baby."

"Stop calling me that man."

"You like it."

"I don't."

"Sure."

He blushed and changed the subject, talking about work.
...

After dinner, Josh waited for the waitress to come back to ask her out.

"I hope you guys had a good evening."

"Actually, it wouldn't be complete without asking you of one more thing," I said.

She glanced over at me with a smile.

"My friend here is a very very rich..."

"Don't mind him. I just wanted to know if you were interested in a date with me," Josh interjected.

She smiled brightly.

"That sounds nice, I'd love to."

They exchanged numbers and I smirked at how Josh was blushing the entire time he talked to her. I gave them space as I walked to the exit.
...

We sat in his car and he was smiling.

"Did it go well between you two?"

"Yea, she's so interesting. I can't wait for the date."

"My little boy is growing up, I'm so proud.."

"Shut up, and you almost ruined it by telling her I was super rich."

"Well I didn't even get a chance to tell her being that you cut me off mid sentence."

I smirked at his frown and he started his car.

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

2.9M 68.6K 32
The two books in the I'm Gay, He's Straight series: -I'm Gay, He's Straight. -Kiss Me Like You Did. See inside for full blurbs :)
268K 10K 44
Book 1 of the supernatural world series "Hey! Get down you may slip and die!!" . . "Don't worry about me I'm already dead!" _____ An ancient vampire...
1.9M 68.5K 25
Honestly, this book is my very first bxb book so it sucks. I suggest yall read my 2nd or 3rd one instead of the same series which are much more well...
149K 4.1K 45
When two lovers' best friends meet for the first time... lots of feelings can rise. Attraction, confusion, lust... love? Will they be able to overcom...