What's Behind Curtain Number...

Galing kay Triszjhkha

Justice Knight is a spunky college student with a gay best friend, Henry, for a side kick. Or maybe it's the... Higit pa

Prologue
Let's Start At The End
The Askee
Not All Little Girls Wanted Unicorns
Waiting For Nothing
Too Gay To Notice
Many Isn't Always Merry
Taking Chances
Guts...
Just a moment of your life
Butterfly Kisses
~Almost~
I'm Movin' On
A Little Bit Stronger
Time Will Reveal
I Won't Give Up
If I Ain't Got You *part1*
If I Ain't Got You *Part2*
Epilogue

I'd Come For You

3.7K 57 3
Galing kay Triszjhkha

 Justice turns the scale, bringing to some learning through suffering. 

Aeschylus 

Justice's POV

She gave a hearty laugh, one that made me smile knowing I was the reason for it, “What about you? What makes you cocky?”

“Well, I don’t think that’s a story for good girls like you.” I chuckled.

“Good girl my butt.” She whined, and I can just imagine some random girl rolling her eyes, “Tell me, I’m pretty sure you were never this cocky before. I mean, basing on your stories, you never knew your own potential until after all that drama.”

This time it was me who laughed.

“I don’t really know…” I sighed. “But I’m betting my sisters would agree.”

“Well, tell me then,” she urges, her voice sounding all amused and excited. “I don’t have any assumptions like you as I try not to judge people whom I just met and had barely seen.” I said with a playful disappointed tone making him and the audience laugh.

I rolled my eyes as I knew she was talking about me.

“Yeah, they’ll definitely agree with you.”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

“Well, they must be very very interesting and amazing girls.” she says, taking the time to compliment herself.

I grinned as I remember the two older daughters of my step dad.

“They are.” I said. “They are near perfect. They had the sister act perfected right down to the dot.”

“They’re nuns?” she gasped, “You’re comparing me to nuns?”

“Don’t flatter yourself too much.” I laughed, “And no they are not nuns.”

“Well, clear things out…” she breathed out, “So they made you cocky?”

I sat back, “Well, who wouldn’t be. I know for a fact that even if they aren’t my sisters, they’ll still be as popular and as hot as everyone says they are.”

“Slow down buddy boy, these are your step sisters that you are talking about, I don’t think Higgins would like incest to be put on top of the banning of this television program.”

The audience laughed and I caught Amanda roll his eyes.

“It’s nothing like that…” I said, “you’d be as amazed if you know them. I mean, they’re like you… only a bit more proper.”

“Hey…” she whined.

I stifled a laugh, “Sorry, just stating the fact.” I said, “But I guess it’s because they never needed to prove anything to anyone…”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*flashback~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

…well, except for that one time.

Remembering my sisters now, they were far from perfect really.

They had tantrums.

Drama.

Shrieking.

Jumping around.

Endless hours of shopping.

Broken nail.

Bad hair day.

Zit week.

And let’s not forget tampon- hormone week.

The list goes on and on.

But I would never exchanged them for anything.

About the first month of my stay with my new family, they had made me feel more than welcome, it was practically choking me.

The guys had my schedule filled with boy activities and at night Lindsay would interrogate me of what not about the outskirts of town. The shady end of LA.

She was crazy like that, always wanted to know what was not familiar to her.

Which was good, I guess, cause she became a really good travel writer.

But I can’t say the same for Charity.

Though she ended up being the one I was closest to, practically my best friend. She was the one who doubted me the most at the beginning.

“And you should have seen him take that three point dad, it was so cool.” Mike says, as he tells mom and dad our day at the park where we were invited by Mike and his friends to play hoops with them. “Totally street, totally rocked it.”

“Wow, totally street?” my step dad asked, grinning.

I frowned and stared at my plate. “It was how the big kids in our old neighbourhood played at home… I’m sorry.“

“You don’t’ have to explain Liam.” He said, “It’s cool, I would have loved to see it. Maybe we can play one time? You boys would like that?”

“Just make sure you don’t cancel out on us.” Carl says.

“Now when did I ever cancel out on you?” he asked, faking hurt.

From what I heard from the others he was a great dad, one that has escaped every kid’s dream.

He even plays computer games with us.

“There’s a first time for everything.” I heard Charity say.

“Well, that’s a first time that will never happen.” He assured.

“Yeah, well, this is the first time you made plans with us.” she says looking up at him, “Never thought it would take another son for you to do that.”

With that said she stood up and set her table napkin beside her plate and left.

“Charity-“ Mike tries to stop her.

“I need to study for a test tomorrow.” She said, “Excuse me.”

I frowned and stared back at my plate. I knew she was lying, I would know.

We were in the same class.

There was no test.

“I should go study too.” I said, barely touching my food.

“No, finish up dinner Liam.” He says, “I’ve seen your grades, I’m pretty sure tomorrow’s test would be a breeze.”

“But Charity’s-“

“Charity likes to study.” Carl says as he continues to eat, “She’s probably the smartest one among us, and that goes without studying, but she just needs to always be on top, she’s crazy like that.”

“Carl…” his dad warns him.

“What?” he looks up at him, “It’s true, you said so yourself, she needs to calm down and relax a little.”

“I’ll talk to her.” mom says, “Maybe a little weekend get away would be good for us girls, what do you think Lindsay?”

“Ooh, can we go to that water hole again?” she asked.

I looked up at mom, “You brought them to the water hole?”

“Yeah,” she smiled ruffling my hair, “they were showing me all this special places they had so I showed them our special place.”

“Oh…” I frowned, that was our special place. I wanted to say, but I can’t. Not in front of them. “May I be excused?”

“But you haven’t touched your food-“

“I’m not hungry.” I said, losing all appetite now.

“Well, ok… you alright honey?” my mom asks me.

“Yeah, just a little tired I guess.” I said.

“You may be excused then.” He says, “I need you in full energy tomorrow.” I gave him a look, “If your mom and the girls are going on a trip then we can too, or maybe we can go play hoops tomorrow?”

“But there’s school-“

“I’ll call in and say we have a family thingy…” he says.

“But the test-“

He gave me a look, “You and I both know there’s no test Liam.” He sighed, “Everything will be fine, I promise.”

I thought about it for a second. I’ve never been absent from school before. I had no reason to before. It was my escape from my life at home.

I even go when I’m sick, cause at least there someone can take care of me at the clinic.

At home, it was every man for himself. In a bad day, dad would push me around and make me do errands.

He did that once, luckily it was weekend. By Monday I could barely breathe, much more stand. But I pushed myself up and left for school, making that fifteen minute walk, cause I had no money to pay for the school bus.

“I don’t think-“

“It’ll be cool, Liam, trust me.” Mike says.

“Just us boys, and sports and the whole entire house? Sweet!” Carl cheered.

“I would want it to still be up and running when we come home.” mom teased.

“Yes mom.” The two whined in unison.

“Thank you.” she says.

“So, what do you say son?” he asked. I was waiting for Carl or Mike to answer but to my surprise the two were looking at me.

So I turned to my step dad and saw that he was waiting for me to answer.

Did I heard him correctly?

He called me son?

The last time my dad called me son…

I can’t even remember. It was always boy or you… I would have probably responded to hey.

“If you say so…” I said.

“Alright!” Mike and Carl exchanged high fives.

“Great!” he says. “Be up bright and early, we wouldn’t want to miss the first wave of fish-“

“Dad!” Mike and Carl whined. Carl went far enough to dropping his utensils on his plate. “Noooo…”

But he just laughed, “Ok, ok, no fishing.” He says, “But I will not accept no for street basketball.”

“Are you sure you can keep up with us though?” Mike teased. “Mom, won’t be here to massage your back afterwards.”

He frowned and turned to my mom who chuckled and rolled her eyes. “We’ll be back by dinner time. You think you can bear the pain that long, man of the house?”

“Pfft! There will be no pain at all.” He says. “I’m as fit as fiddle and as strong as a horse.”

But I guess he was wrong.

Not that he was all talk, he was actually pretty good. He showed us some of his old tricks and we ended up with a tie, even with his cramping back.

“Ow- ow- ow-ooooooow…” he says as he sat down on the sofa, with Mike and Carl helping him.

“So much for being fit as a fiddle or as strong as a horse.” Mike chuckled.

“You sound more like a cow, really.” Carl added, laughing with his brother.

I watched them fool around, a grin on my face.

I had to admit the day was pretty awesome. The moment the girls left, we were in charged.

Ever junk food was pulled out of its hiding place and every rule was broken, including two windows and a vase.

I watch as my step dad whined in pain, and told Mike to get a pillow from his room and Carl to get him some ice pack.

They left still making jokes and stuff about their dad. While he catch his breath and lied still on the sofa.

I walked up to him and just stared at him.

He opened one eye and gave me a smirk.

“Probably think I’m old and all talk now, don’t you?”

I shook my head. I don’t know what it was, but when I was alone with this man, I can’t talk.

“The boys are right, you are good.” He says, “You planning to join Carl on the basketball team?”

I shook my head.

I can’t do that. That was his thing.

“Well, your mother said you love watching football, you want to ask Mike to teach you?”

I shook my head again. I didn’t want to waste his time.

“Liam?”

I frowned, this tone of voice was new to me. I knew it, I would piss him off sooner or later and he would hit me. it was just a matter of time before he finds a reason to make me leave.

“Son, look at me.” he says.

I frowned, he called me son… again. So I dragged my eyes, to meet with his.

“Liam, I know this is hard for you and I’m not expecting you to fall into my arms and call me dad… not yet… maybe never… but, I need to know if you’re doing fine. If I’m doing something wrong or offending you.”

I shook my head.

“Is that you telling me I’m not offending you?” he asked.

I nodded.

“Can’t you put it into words?”

I frowned. I looked away and stared at my feet. I tried to say that he wasn’t doing anything to hurt me or offend me. It was actually the opposite, he was a dream dad really, and together with my dream mom, they were perfect.

Like the super heroes I’ve dreamed of when I was younger.

Then I heard him shrug and he closed his eyes again.

I know this was him trying to give me space.

But he gave me more than that. He respected everything that I did and I was paying him back with this silence.

A painful one at that.

Then I realized that he was probably feeling what I felt whenever Charity would leave the room the moment I step in it.

I felt like I wasn’t wanted, or accepted.

But here he was trying his best to reach out to me, but I was pushing him away.

Making myself believe that he was like my dad who would throw me out in the cold the first sign of what a mistake I was.

I didn’t want him to do that, I didn’t want him to hate me or give up on me like my dad did.

I wanted a dad, that’s all that I have ever asked for my whole life, and here is one presenting himself to me and I was doubtful.

It has to stop.

“Would…” I said in almost a whisper, he looked up at me again, a bit surprise. “Would you want me to massage your back?”

“You know how?” he aksed, a bit doubtful.

I bit my lip as I rethink of this. “My neighbour, Tasha, she’s in college. She’s taking up PT, and she needed someone to look after her grandpa, so she thought me how to do simple massages, so when she’s away and her grandpa needed a massage he can just call me.”

He grinned, “Oh, well, aren’t you heaven sent?” he says, “Let’s see if you learned a thing or two from her.”

He forces himself to sit up and turn over on the sofa.

I slowly made my way to him and start from the shoulder, just like how Tasha showed me.

I felt the tense muscles on his shoulder and I gave it a squeeze, while he gave out a scream. I leaped away, scared.

But he just looked up at me with an amused face, “Kidding, I’m sorry, I couldn’t help myself.”

I gave a chuckle and continued the massage.

Soon he was thanking me non stop and even moaning for a couple of times.

“God, dad, we told you to go to your room for private moments!” Mike shouted from the outside of the room.

“Please don’t tell me Liam isn’t in there with you.”

“Shut up.” he groaned, “Liam’s amazing with massages.”

I looked up and saw them run into the room with what their dad asked for.

Obviously, they took their time, probably teasing their dad more.

“You know how to massage?” Carl walked up to us. “Are you gay?”

“Carl!” his dad snapped.

I grinned, “The girl in our neighbourhood taught me, she said it’s really helpful.”

“Yeah, for hooking up girls!” Mike says, clapping his hand together and rubbing it, “Ok, teach me step by step, but only the ones that would make girls moan like dad.”

I chuckled, “You want girls to moan for you like dad?”

I stopped all together at the mention of the word.

I looked down at him, and he just had a smile on his face, one that reflected of satisfaction. I know Mike was blabbering somewhere behind me, but at that moment, I knew I shared a special bond with the man that had finally made my mom happy.

The one that loved her for real.

The man who accepted me for me.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*end.of.flashback~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

“Ok, so, that was a touching story, but I don’t get how that is related to your sister and me agreeing to you being cocky. Or even to just you being cocky.”

I chuckled, “Well, if you calm down, I’ll get there.”

“We only have an hour, after this I won’t be able to know the story behind this cockiness of yours.”

“Why would you want to know anyway? You trying to bring me down or something?”

“Well, no, but I know you are better than that, if there’s anyone who can bring that down, it would be you.”

“Oh, wow, is that a compliment from you, dudette?”

“It most certainly is.” She says, “I’m not embarrassed to admit it, so you better ask a copy if that video tape cause it would be the last time you’d hear me say it, probably the last time we’d talk too anyway.”

“Well, that’s a shame, I think we made such progress.” I said.

“And its cocky moments like that that ruins that progress.” She pointed out.

“That wasn’t’ being cocky.” I chuckled.

“Well, it came from you, it had double meaning.” She says.

“No it didn’t.” I whined, making the audience laugh. “Stop making me the bad guy here.”

“I refuse to be the bad guy either.”

“I’m pretty sure you do.” I rolled my eyes.

“Well tell me then.” She crossed her arms over her chest and slump on the chair behind the curtain.

I chuckled and shook my head, “Ok, ok, keep your undies on...”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*flashback~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

As I was saying before I was rudely interrupted.

I had that moment with my new dad.

Along with that moment, I realized how much I would like to make things perfect for us, and that meant making extra effort to at least befriend Charity.

So I stuck myself beside her wherever she went.

She was to show me around after all, and I took advantage of that.

I would seat behind her in class, seat a table beside hers in the cafeteria, even walk behind her to class.

I was hovering to stalker as her friends would love to point out.

But she’d just brush them off saying not to mind me, that she was supposed to be showing me around.

But really that reason can only last for a month or so.

I mean, I’m not stupid, I know my way around the new school. I just choose not to know use that knowledge.

And soon, everyone was telling how creepy it was that the new guy was stalking one of the most beautiful girls in middle school.

I wouldn’t talk when asked why, I wanted to hear it from her.

I wanted her to say that I was her step brother.

But she was as stubborn as a certain girl I just met and I knew that it would be next to impossible.

So I had to make that opportunity happen.

But I didn’t expect it to be because of a group of boys betting on who can get the farthest with her.

And somehow, I was thankful of those months I stalked her, cause it paid off.

Mike and Carl had warned me about the boys giving Charity extra attention, and that she’d need to be watched over. They’d take care of dad, those were their words.

So when I heard that certain boy that Charity was crushing on start the betting, I saw red.

Maybe Charity didn’t see me as his brother, but she was family. She was my step father’s daughter and I will not watch as this boys make a sport out of her.

“How about you stalker?” he asked me with a grin, “You want to try your luck with Charity? Maybe rub on her more than just following her around?”

I frowned and closed my locker and walked away.

I never believed in violence, talking with her would make more sense. The same time, the big brother’s wouldn’t need to punch anyone, making mom worry and dad disappointed.

So I did the unthinkable.

I went to her room to talk to her.

Worse than the hallways of the high school, was the unknown territory of a mad teenage girl who hates your guts.

I swallowed a lump on my throat and knocked.

“What do you want Liam?” she snapped from the inside.

“Uhm, can… can I talk to you?”

“I’m busy, if you want help on something ask Mike.”

“Its not homework.” I said urgently, but then I pulled back, “I mean-“

The door suddenly opened and she stormed back to her bed and jumped on it, “Well, if you want to talk to me you’d have to come in.”

“Oh…” I looked at the door frame before I made my way inside, not that I was expecting traps or anything. I just had never been inside a girl’s room.

“Well?” she asked, not leaving her eyes from the book that she was reading.

“Uhm, how… how did… how did you know it was me?”

She chuckled and looked up at me before rolling her eyes, “None of my siblings ever knock.” She says. “Plus, mom and dad are still at work, so there’s just you.”

“Oh…” I said.

“So what is it?” she asked again, this time sitting up and crossing her arms.

“Oh, yeah, uhm…” I slid my hand inside my pocket. “Well, about this weekend’s school activity…”

“You want to go with me?” she asked.

“If you don’t mind.”

“It’s ok, I guess, if you don’t mind being the third wheel.” She says. “Keith asked me to go with him.”

I frowned, Keith was the boy she was crushing on and was the perpetrator of the bet.

“It’s ok…” I said in almost a whisper.

“You know Liam, you pretty much know your way around school, you really should start making friends by this time instead of following me around.”

“Well, you’re a friend-“

She stifled a sarcastic laugh, “Please, I’m your step sister, we’re required to get along. But let’s not fool each other Liam. Get your life and don’t ruin mine.”

“But-“

“Look Liam, your mom is cool, I like her and that’s pretty much the only reason I’m tolerating you tagging along and following me like a lost puppy, but I have a life and I want to keep that private as much as possible.”

I frowned and nodded. “Ok… I’ll just ask Mike to drive me there on Saturday.”

“Why not bring the driver along.” She said, “He wouldn’t be doing anything, the last thing I want is to Mike and Carl to find out about my date.”

“Ok…” I said looking down at the floor, defeated.

With that I turned and left..

So there was nothing left to do.

I stopped following her around.

I can’t tell Mike and Carl or she’ll hate me more.

She didn’t want me in her life, period.

But what about that boy?

Yeah, I guess it was time to talk to him.

So I walked around school looking for him, I found him and his friends at the table outside the canteen, making fools of themselves. I stared at them from afar, thinking twice.

If this goes wrong, Charity would hate me more.

So I changed my mind at the last minute but to my surprise he was on his way toward me.

I stood my ground and waited for him as if I didn’t saw him.

Looking him over, he was nothing compared to the bullies at my old school. But there no one touched me, I was a whole story myself and no one wanted to mess with the weird kid.

“My friends say you’ve been eyeing me, what’s the deal?” he asked.

I just stared at him.

“Tired of staring at my girl’s ass that you want to look at mine?” he smirked.

I didn’t answer.

“What’s wrong with you, pretty boy?” he asks, losing the short patience he had and pushed me back. “Why aren’t you talking you piece of shit?”

He swings his arm and punched me on the face.

I moved back, feeling the hit on my cheek.

He hits like a five year old. A very small five year old.

I stood up and faced him.

“You hit like a baby.” I said, tone dead of any emotion.

“Why you-“ he hits me again, twice, on the cheek and on the lip.

I ran my tongue over my lips and tasted blood, I sighed and stood up, brushing the grass stains from my pants. I didn’t want whoever was washing my clothes to have a hard time washing off the grass stains.

Especially since I don’t know who the person is, cause my clothes just disappear and appears on its own. And unless I was trained to Hogwarts in my sleep, I refuse to believe that we have a house elf.

I won’t lie, I was getting mad by the minute.

So I just stood up again and stared at him straight in the eyes.

“Stay away from my little sister.” I said.

“What?” he asked.

With that I turned and left him.

That night, mom gave me a proper scolding after seeing my bruised face and cut lip. Things got worse when I refuse to say who it was and what happened.

But I guess Charity had different idea.

Cause in the middle of my punishment which was no dessert and straight to bed, she barged into my room fuming.

“What the hell is wrong with you?” she snapped.

I stared at her.

“How can you do that?”

“Do what?”

“You punched Keith?” she shouted.

“What?”

“He said so himself, and so did his friends.” She crossed her arms, “A lot did say you were fighting at lunch time.”

“I didn’t punched him.” I said.

“Well, then, whoopee doo! Maybe his black eye just appeared out of nowhere or better one of his friends punched him so he can blame it on you.”

“That is possible-“

“What were you doing with him anyway?”

I looked away and down at my hand. “I wanted to talk to him.”

“About?” I didn’t answer. “Liam-“

“Just don’t go with him on Saturday Charity.” I said.

“Oh my god, did my brothers put you up for this?” she snapped, angrier than ever.

“No, Charity, I heard-“

“Whatever Liam, just stay away from me and Keith, alright?”

“The only reason he asked you out is because of a bet.” I blurted.

She stood there glaring at me.

“Charity…” I wanted nothing but to take it back, but she needed to know…

“You aren’t my brother!” she shouted, “You have no responsibilities over me and I don’t care of what you think!”

With that said she stormed out of the room not even giving me a chance to explain.

I hardly got any sleep that night.

I didn’t even want to get out of bed for the school activity. It was the annual car wash drive for crippled kids. And we were to wash as many cars as we could the winning level make money for the crippled kids and get to take home clean cars.

Rich people, pfft! Go figure.

As Charity wanted, I asked the driver to drive me there, as Keith would be picking her up with his own driver.

I arrived half an hour early, I didn’t want to ruin Charity’s morning, the same goes for the fact that I didn’t want to see Mike and Carl before leaving, in case I give up and tell them what was going on.

I sat outside the school along with other students waiting for the even to start. And when it did it was like it didn’t want to end. Lindsay was keeping me company as she called the driver back home to pick her up and even asked dad for money to have the car cleaned, to my surprise Charity stepped out of the car with her.

“You left early.” She said, “Have you had breakfast?”

I nodded.

“Well, mom sent over a picnic basket.” She said, non chalant, “I’ll see you for lunch.”

“But-“

“Mike and Carl would be coming over too. So be prepared cause they’re as annoying as tweedledum and tweedledee when it comes to cleaning their cars.”

I grinned and nodded, “I’ll see you later.”

And for the first time, she smiled at me as I watch her make her way toward Keith and his friends.

“She packed that herself you know.” Lindsay says, munching on a sandwich.

I raised a brow at her, “And should you be eating that already?”

She pouted, “But I’m hungry…”

I chuckled and leaned forward and took a bite of her sandwich making her squeal and laugh. “Get your own big brother!”

“In a while princess.” I said as I sit beside her, fooling around with her.

Later, she was washing the family car with me when I heard a beep behind us and saw Mike and Carl on their car.

“You have time for two more?” Carl asked.

“You aren’t supposed to drive yet.” I said, tossing the sponge on the bucket and made way to them.

“Yeah, well, you aren’t suppose to mesmerize girls with your torso either.” He teased, glancing over my shoulder and saw girls watching us.

I rolled my eyes and turned back to him, “You guys staying for lunch?” he asked.

“Yep.” Mike says, pushing his sunglasses up his head, “Mom and dad’s on their way too.”

“Now I think you guys are just being mean.” I said, crossing my arms over my chest.

“Then be glad that mom told dad to share cars or-“

He was cut off by a familiar voice screaming.

“You jerk!” I heard her shout.

I turned over my shoulder and saw Charity pushing Keith away.

“Is that-“

I shook my head and ran toward her. Keith stood up and made his way to her, but I blocked his way and grabbed him around the collar and pushed him back, pinning him on the hood of his car.

“I told you to stay away from my sister!” I sneered at him.

“Liam, no!” Charity was behind me pulling me away.

“Are you alright?” I asked her.

“Yeah…” she whimpered.

“Good.” I said, then I looked back at Keith, “Now listen here you worthless piece of shit, if I see you in the same hallway as my sister is in, I will punch you. If you are in the same room she’s in, and you aren’t supposed to be there, I will kick you out. and if you as much as breathe the same air she is, and get near enough to touch her, I will completely lose it and kill you, do I make myself clear?”

His eyes were wide as he stared up at me and nodded.

I shook him and slammed him on the car, “I said did I make myself clear?”

“Yes!” he gasped.

“Now tell my sister how much you made out from that bet.”

“What?” he asked, “I don’t know-“

“Don’t play stupid with me!” I shook him again.

“Five hundred dollars!” he shouted. “I made five hundred dollars!”

I grinned and released him, “You will give that money to the school, do you hear me? Or else-“

“You’ll have us to deal with.” I hear Carl say behind me.

“Liam…”

I turned and saw Charity staring at me.

I grinned and walked up to her, “You ok?” she nodded, “Let’s get you dry. I’m hungry, Lindsay said the sandwich you made are really good and had practically ate the whole basket.”

She smiled and walked up to me, wrapping her arms around my waist.

I looked around and saw kids whispering, pointing at us.

“Uhm Charity…”

“I’m so sorry…” she said. “I’m so sorry I didn’t listen.”

I stared at the top of her head and smiled, then I put an arm around her, “It’s ok little sister. I got you.” i whispered to her witha smile, "I'll always come for you when you need me, you understand?"

She gave a small smile before pulling away and looked up at me and rolled her eyes, “I guess it wouldn’t hurt to have a new big brother.”

The boys behind me laughed, “Told you he was cool Charity.” Mike said.

“Now what do we do with this boy?” Carl asked.

“Well, I think I’m too tired to finish all your cars…” I said. “Want to finish it for me loser?”

“Y-yeah…”

“Now.” I snapped.

“Now.” he repeated and ran toward the car where we saw him surprised Lindsay who was holding the hose and accidentally hosed him down.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

From then on Charity and I were inseparable.

Almost like twins.

And no one doubted our relationship of being more than brother and sister, everyone knew I was dating Emily by high school, and Charity was still trying the waters, without the life support namely- Carl and Mike.

“So that’s why you became cocky? To protect your sister?”

“I’d like to believe that it is.” I said, “I was no longer the quiet stranger after that. I was just quiet, but would talk to those who Charity says I can trust.”

She knew about my trust issues and would usually point out who I could trust or not.

Sadly he didn’t make the call on Phil or Emily if I can trust them or not.

Or maybe she did, but I just didn’t listen.

“Ok, so you protected your sister, can’t it just end there?” she asked. “You don’t need to be cocky always.”

“Well, the thing is, I’m not.” I said. “It just became a thing that people saw in me after that. I just thought that if I kept it up then they’ll leave my sisters alone.”

“But they aren’t with you now, you don’t need to be cocky.” She says.

“I guess so.”

“Plus you don’t have to prove anything to anyone, that you can protect those who you care about, you can just protect them period.”

“But what if I’m not with them?”

“So basically you practically marked your sisters that they had a cocky brother who would kick anyone’s ass who hurt them.” she said, “Not so scary if you ask me. Its just a bunch of words making a tongue twister, really.”

I chuckled, “Again, you are right.”

“I’m always right.” She said, she starts to kick her legs again, happy now.

I grinned, “That’s my line.”

“Cocky.” She warned.

I laughed and sat back, relaxing.

“But I have to say, that is sweet.” She said, “My brother and my best friend was all out on protecting me, they marked and branded me with a hands off on my forehead. That wasn’t fun, but you used that ground to start a relationship with your sister. I have to admire that.”

“That’s the second compliment.”

“I’ve lost count already, actually, you just caught two.” She laughed. “You aren’t so bad stranger.”

“So can I be called Mystery guy now?”

“C’mon dude,” she says, “be a man, seriously? Mystery guy?”

“Point taken.” I nodded.

“Well, I do agree that we seemed to have cross a certain bridge now…” Amanda butts in again.

I gave her a look, what was she talking about?

“You are obviously more comfortable now with each other, so let’s bring on the heavy words.” Amanda continued.

“Heavy words?” dudette asked, “Don’t hurt yourself there Amanda.”

The audience laughed while I chuckled seeing Amanda roll her eyes.

“What do you have in mind?” I asked, trying to help Amanda out of any more embarrassment from dudette.

“Love…”

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

153K 4.6K 33
Completed "What the hell do you think you're doing?" I asked, glaring at him while he forcefully dragged me out of class. "You told me you need help...
10.8K 170 28
Elizabeth finds herself falling in love with a very sexy vampire named Lawrence. Everything is totally fine until Lawrence's twin "evil" brother show...
1.3K 43 16
There's a new unpopular girl named Jay and a popular girl named Jasmine. Jay is a lesbian who's out to everyone while Jasmine is also a lesbian but...
41.1K 1.5K 25
*PLEASE COMMENT AND VOTE* Star has her entire life planned out, and it's been like that since she was younger. She's been in the best schools, which...