The Power Within

By All_of_My_H8

A young Saiyan from one universe travels to another universe to find her son. Hoping he'd be the strongest on... More

An Arranged Marriage
Honeymoon Suprise
Honeymoon Suprise pt. 2
Loving you
Son of a Saiyan
Enter Ice
The Alliance
Fitting in
I'm Sorry
Doppelgänger
Doppelgänger Pt. 2
Liar
My Dearest Layla
New Beginnings
Kryptonite
Offspring
I Love You
Mariposa
Somethings Coming
Lessons
I Messed Up
Should I or Shouldn't I
Trance
What a Long Day
The Gang is All Here
Promise
A New Foe?
War
War pt. 2
War pt. 3
The Super Saiyan
Goodbye
Hope
The Son
Fucked Up
Oozaru
Reunion
The Fortress
Celebration/Victory Party
5 Years Later
A/N

3 and a Half Kryptonians

355 14 2
By All_of_My_H8

I don't know if I should go to work today. It's only been 12 hours since Lena found out she had 'super' girlfriend. I reach for the door handle that leads to Lena's office.

"Come in Zenara." Lena said on the other side.

I came in slowly. I left the scouter there on purpose. I know I'm terrible for doing it and I feel just as bad.

"How did you know it was me?" I asked keeping my head down as if I were in trouble.

"The scouter. You left it." She said. "Why aren't you looking at me?"

"I have a confession to make. I left the scouter there on your desk on purpose."

There was an awkward silence that filled the office. When I managed to look up at her she gave me a half smile.

"I'm sorry." I said not wanting to make eye contact again.

"Here, come sit with me." Lena said moving to the couch.

"Please don't be nice to me. I need you to be mad at me for messing with your relationship." I said not moving an inch.

"Oh I am mad. But your the only other friend I have right now. Please, come sit."

"Yes ma'am."

"Now. I guess I can't be truly mad at you. It's like you said, it wasn't your secret to tell."

"Can I ask you a question?" I asked.

"I don't see why not."

"How did you not know? I mean the glasses don't help at all."

Lena took a deep breath. "You know at first I suspected she was but then I saw them both in the same room. So I just figured she had a Doppelgänger. Some people just look alike, you know."

"So you saw them in the same room and then what? That idea just left?"

"Yeah. I thought my awesome girlfriend just happens to look like Supergirl. But now that I think about it, it all makes sense." She said staring off into space.

She's upset, so I just sit back and listen to what she has to say. "All the times she's walked out of dates or work. God I'm so stupid."

"No Lena, your not stupid. You saw them together. Anyone would've believed they were two different people." I reached for her hand but stop midway. I feel like I would be over stepping a boundary if I touch her now. But it's killing me to see her like this.

As I was about to pull my hand back Lena grabs it and holds on to it tightly.

"Right. But still. I should've known. All those times when Supergirl saved me when I'd tell her to save the others and leave me. God, the night in that plane when she told me to climb. She insisted that I'd climb. She didn't want to 'let me go' she said. Or the time I was attacked in my office. I was actually on the phone with Kara when that happened. I was pushed off the edge of the balcony and in seconds I was in Supergirls arms." She paused. "I really should've put two and two together." 

"She loves you. You know. Supergirl or not she'll go to ends of the universe for you."

"I know." She paused, "I'm not even upset about Kara being Supergirl. I'm more upset about her not trusting me with the secret." A single tear fell from her eyes.

"Maybe it's not about trust. Maybe it's about safety. Think about it, if anyone found out about it they can use that to their advantage. Like the day they took Alex."

"Someone took Alex? Kara didn't tell me that."

"Oh she didn't tell me either. Mon-El did. The boy can't keep his mouth shut."

Lena chuckled,"Mon-El." She looked at me in the eye. We sheared a moment of understanding. "You didn't leave the scouter there on purpose did you?"

"Honestly. No. When I remembered and came back for it, it was already too late."

"So why did you tell me you did?"

"Because I need you to hate me." I said honestly. I thought I could over look it but I can't.

"Hate you!? Why?" She asked.

"Spending time with you, you look just like her. Sometimes I fight the urge to kiss you. So I figured that if I told you that I butted into your relationship it would be easier for you to hate me. I know your Kara's and I know your not Layla but you two are so similar. I just...I don't know." It was getting hard to work with her. "I'm sorry for lying."

Lena hugged me, "Hey I'm not gonna hate you. If it's easier on you how about we come up with something that will let you know I'm in danger." When she pulled away her smile was genuine. "I don't want to lose you as a friend or bodyguard. To tell you the truth I've never had an alien bodyguard before. Well...that I knew of."

I smiled. "I guess I'll have to..." I stopped mid sentence. I felt a power level.

"What's wrong?" Lena asked.

"A small power level is approaching the building."

"Really?"

"Yeah. It feels Kryptonian. But it's too small." I said trying to focus more on the energy that was headed our way.

"Small, like a child?"

"I don't know." Thats when the scouter beeped to let us know someone was coming.

"If you can feel when someone is coming, why do you need the scouter?"

"Mainly to contact people and my pictures."

"Miss Luther. There is someone here to see you." Stacy said over the speaker phone.

"Send them in." Lena sat at her desk and I sat on the couch waiting for this person.

The door opened and in walks a beautiful women with olive skin. "Hi. I'm sorry I'm late."

"Oh hey." Lena smiled. I'm guessing she knows her or something. "Zenara I want you to meet Sam. She's gonna be taking over for me here at L-Corp while I take over CatCo. But given the circumstances I'll be training you here, personally."

"Hi I'm Zenara. Lena's personal Guard." I shook her hand. I can feel the energy flow but it's very small. It definitely feels Kryptonian.

"Am I gonna need a personal guard?" Sam asked as she looked back at Lena.

"No. Not really. I only need one because of my last name. Which is stupid."

"I find it ridiculous. A person shouldn't be judged by a name." I said as I sat back down on the couch and pulled out my phone. I shot lena a quick text.

It's her. She's the 3rd Kryptonian. 💪🏼🤫🤔
Using these emojis are lots of fun.

As Lena read the text she eyed me for reassurance. I gave her a small nod.

"Oh right. It's the whole Luther thing isn't it..." Sam said as she took a seat across from Lena.

I went from the couch to the floor to meditate. Hopefully I can see why she's not on the 'Supers' level. As I started my meditation Lena and Sam's conversation faded out and I zoned in on Sam's energy. It was pure like Kara's but there was a hint of darkness in it too. She has potential for great darkness but then again doesn't anyone. I'll just keep a close eye on her.

After my meditation I decided to visit the D.E.O.

"Winn." I said as I walked in as if nothing.

"Hi. Zenara. Haven't seen you in a while." He smiled at me then looked back at his screen.

"It's nice to see you too Winn." I smiled and shook my head. "Winn I need you to look someone up for me."

"Ok. Who?" He asked as he brought up the search bar.

"Samantha Arias." I said leaning on the desk.

"Ok. Samantha Arias." He typed away on his keyboard. "Alright Samantha Arias. 29, born and raised in the States, college degree, has a 12 year old daughter named Ruby. Aside from a parking ticket she's clean. Why?" At this point we had a crowd around us, Kara, Monny, J'onn, Alex and other workers.

"What's so special about her?" Mon-El asked looking at the screen.

"That woman is going to run L-Corp while Lena runs CatCo." I said as I looked at Kara. She had a surprised look on her face.

"She's gonna Run CatCo?" She whispered.

"And you decided to do a background check on Ms. Arias because...your concerned about Lena." Winn said as he was trying to make sense of this.

"Yes and no." I said. Everyone now had eyes on me.

Kara on the other hand had a slightly angry look on her face. "What is your deal with my girlfriend? Before you met her you didn't seem interested in working for her, so what's your deal?"

"That's my business." Was all I said.

It irritated Kara because she took a step forward as if to attack me but Alex stopped her.

"Anyway. The reason why I'm asking about her is because she's a Kryptonian."

"WHAT!!!" They all said.

"That's impossible. The system would've picked up on an Kryptonian beings." J'onn said crossing his arms and giving that same stern look as always.

"Not if the Kryptonian in question doesn't know she's one." I explained.

"How? With the yellow sun, she should be another girl of steel." Alex was baffled. She didn't know how another Kryptonian could be here and they not knowing.

"See that's what I thought but for Sam she needs to unlock those powers. The only problem is...yes her energy feels like Kara's mean light energy but she carries more darkness in her then Kara." I looked back at the beautiful women in the picture. Everyone else was trying to wrap their heads around the new information.

"Are you sure?" J'onn was skeptical about the whole thing.

"Believe her." Anderson popped out from the crowd. He's been quite this whole time. "The Queen can sense energies on other planets. If she says that's a Kryptonian, then you got a 3rd Kryptonian."

"This is unreal." Kara said pacing back-and-forth.

I know this was a lot to take in for them, especially Kara. Knowing that besides her cousin there was another. I could tell she was excited but scared at the same time. I'm guessing it's the potential darkness Sam carries and the fact that she's working with Lena.

"Hey Winn."

"Yes Zen."

"You said Sam has a 12 year old daughter right."

"Yes. Ruby Arias." Winn types away on his keyboard and pops up a picture of the girl.

A smile ran across my face. She's cute. "What school does she go to?"

"She is a seventh grader at Sky View Middle School. Why?" Winn asked which also grabbed everyone's attention.

"Sam's Kryptonian right, that just means her daughter is,"

"Half Kryptonian." Kara finished my sentence.

"Exactly. I'm gonna go check it out. See if I can sense anything." As I was about the leave out the balcony Kara stopped me.

"Zenara wait." She was hesitant. "H-How's Lena?" She asked, face down.

"She's upset Kara. She feels you didn't trust her enough with your secret. She feels betrayed." I could see the hurt and guilt in her eyes. She loves Lena, even a blind person can see it.

"Can you let her know that I'm sorry and I love her. She's not answering any of my calls or texts." She looked like she was about to shed some tears.

"I'll let her know. And I promise to keep her safe." Not that she really needs it, I get the feeling she can handle her own if need be.

"Thank you."

Sky View Middle School, home of the Eagles. I landed on the roof and scanned the area. 85% human and 15% alien. No Kryptonian yet. Maybe if I meditate I'll be able to pick up on the energy. Five minutes into my meditation I managed to find her. She has it too but not as strong as her mother. Perhaps she need to be awaken too. With that information I text Winn to let him know what I found and headed back to L-Corp.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

46.8K 672 20
She is older then most of the rest of her race. She comes from the time of the first Super Saiyan God, Yamoshi. He taught her how to go Super Saiyan...
4.1K 78 24
["The Super Saiyan Girl" book #2!] Seven years have passed since the defeat of Cell and the death of Son Goku. Life on Earth has been peaceful, but o...
169K 6.5K 22
Supergirl. She was brave, selfless, kind, beautiful, and more powerful than any human could ever dream of being. Lena Luthor had always had a weaknes...
68.6K 1.7K 11
Kara Danvers, a.k.a. Supergirl, never thought she'd fall in love with a Luthor, Lena Luthor, her best friend, for that matter. ~~~~~~~~ "You can't g...