The lie in my marriage (EDITI...

By khal2mukay

The story of Zainab and Malik, a young couple in their own little bubble living their best life. Then,Amal sh... More

Chapter 1 (Zain and Malik)
Chapter 2 (The wedding)
Chapter 3 (A new phase of life)
Chapter 4 (The honeymoon)
Chapter 5 (The honeymoon II)
Not an update
Chapter 6 (Marital life)
Chapter 7 (Marital life cont'd)
Chapter 8 (The Good News)
Chapter 9 (Being pregnant)
Chapter 10 (The intruder )
Chapter 11 (The miscarriage)
Chapter 12 (Coping)
Chapter 13 (Company)
Chapter 14 (Recovering)
Author's note.
Chapter 15 (Home)
Chapter 16 (The Anniversary)
Chapter 17 (Silent feelings)
Chapter 18 (Mixed emotions)
Chapter 19 (The Fundraiser)
Chapter 20 (Insecurity)
Chapter 21 (Longing)
Chapter 22 (Vegas,baby!)
Chapter 24 (Balcony love)
Chapter 25 (Opening up)
Chapter 26 (Distance)
Chapter 27 (Denial)
Chapter 28 (Acceptance)
Chapter 29 (Lose ends)
Chapter 30 (The decision)
Chapter 31 (Amal and Malik)
Chapter 32 (Coffee,coffee)
Chapter 33 (Belong with you)
Chapter 34 (I got you)
Chapter 35 (Loving him)
Chapter 36 (Suspicions)
Chapter 37 (Jealous)
Chapter 38 (Attitude)
Chapter 39 (Cold)
Chapter 40 (The other woman)
Chapter 41 (Confession)
Chapter 42 (Confession 2)
Chapter 43 (The lie in my marriage)
Chapter 44 (Shattered)
Chapter 45 (Far and away)
Chapter 46 (The divorce)
Chapter 47 (Consequences)
Chapter 48 (The aftermath)
Chapter 49 (Revelations)
Chapter 50 (Parting ways)
Chapter 51 (Forgiveness)
Chapter 52 (Fight for you)
Chapter 53 (Stay put)
Chapter 54 (Coming home)
Chapter 55 (Bitter sweet)
Chapter 56 (Another chance?)
Chapter 57 (Zain and Malik)
Chapter 58 (Hope)
Chapter 59 (Here with you)
Chapter 60 (Labour pains)

Chapter 23 (Las Vegas Nevada)

2K 98 10
By khal2mukay

The day was slow and busy,Malik entered the elevator to the 5th floor and made his way to Mr Hisham's office. Mr Hisham is the head project coordinator of the company,an elderly humble man who happened to be Malik's mentor and also his boss. He wanted to present Mrs Philips' application letter and further discuss on the next line of action to be taken as for her replacement in the team who will be travelling to Vegas. Malik greeted with Mr Hisham's PA before pushing the door gently making his way into the gigantic office. Eventhough Malik's office was big,it still couldn't be compared to Mr Hisham's office. He spotted the elderly man seated in one of the sofas at the far end of the room with his focus directly on the laptop  in front of him which was placed on the center table that was encircled by small chairs similar to the sofa Mr Hisham was sitting in.
The elderly man looked up and his face immidiately broke with a smile seeing it's Malik.
"Come on Malik,have a seat son".

He motioned to one of the chairs as Malik sat in the chair across from him.

"Good day sir. I came to talk about Mrs Phillips' issue as i briefed you earlier,she had written an application requesting to take some time off as well as informing that she can't make it to Vegas with the team".

Malik said handing over the written application with other important documents required to Mr Hisham. Mr Hisham adjusted his glasses and started to look at the papers given to him by Malik. He cleared his throat and spoke.

"Considering the reasons she won't be able to make it to Vegas with the team,she will be given a one week break after which she will report back  to work. I will sign her a temporary leaving form. But we need to find someone eligible to replace her as wr have already made arrangements for a specific number of people no more no less."
Malik's mind began to wander through the list of his colleagues to think of the eligible person to take Mrs Phillips' place but all he could think of was her,it's just too much on him now how she occupies a portion of his mind now.
"Any suggestions Malik?"

Mr Hisham questioned bringing back Malik from his reverie. He shaked off her thoughts and responded Mr Hisham whose eyes were directly fixed on him.

"I don't have anyone in mind now,but i will discuss with the team so that we can find a replacement as soon as possible".

"Okay then,you can brief me on the outcome of the meeting when you're done."

"In shaa Allah sir, thank you".

The two men shook hands and Malik headed back to his office.

***********************
"Make a memo and inform the Vegas team that there'll be a meeting in an hour".
He spoke to her trying to look anywhere but her direction.

"Yes sir. On it".
She responded as she watched him pushed the door to his office gently making his way in.
She has seen how he had been trying to avoid looking at her. Anything that'll make him make an eye contact with her,he avoided it. She finds it just too cute how he tries to avoid her eyes all the time and for some stupid reason,it made her like him more,or may be love him. She still can't tell what this is all about,is it admiration,attraction,infatuation, a crush or purely love or may be an obsession ? But whatever this is,it's strong and it's getting the best of her and the worst part is she is certain that if she has indeed fallen for Malik as more than half of her mind tells her right now,then she is on a long thing and he would be certainly not there to catch her. She'll be on her own. Pitying her stupid heart,she gave a deep sigh and proceeded to work.

An hour later,Malik came out of his office to attend the team meeting. He notified Amal that this time, she can stay back in her office and not come with him to the meeting as it is not a management meeting,rather their team meeting. With a nod of her head she answered him,she knew he would be travelling to Vegas with some colleagues in a few days as he had been busy making arrangements for their trip. One thing she feels worried about is how she's going to cope with not seeing him around for the span of time he would be away.

Malik made his way into the small meeting room and saw the all of the memebers seated waiting for the meeting to commence. He found a vacant seat and got seated too after being in a handshake with the gentlemen and greeting with a nod of his head to the ladies. He cleared his throat and began.

"As we all know,it's getting closer to the expected day we are to leave for Las Vegas. All necessary preparations have been made by the management for the welfare of it's staff on this trip. Unfortunately, one of the team members Mrs Caroline Philips has reported about not being able to make it with the team as she has some personal business to attend to which she requested for some days off. The management gave her a hearing and the head project coordinator Mr Hisham granted her a leave and excused her from travelling with us. As a result of that,we are to make some minor changes and select someone from the staff members to replace Mrs Philips. Precisely,a female as we have 5 male members and 5 female members making a total of 10 members are expected. I need us to make a suggestion of atleast 3 ladies,from there we will choose and the lady who gets chosen  by the majority gets to replace Mrs Philips. So,any idea,suggestions or comments please?".

He finished looking at the 8 people in in the room one by one anticipating a suggestion from them. One of the ladies stood up and cleared her throat.

"As a member of the team, i suggest Mrs Shaheed to take Mrs Phillips' place with us." She finished as the secretary to the meeting wrote down her suggestion down.

"Mrs Shaheed is a nursing mother, so i suggest Miss Aminah from the finance department. "
A gentleman stood up and gave his suggestion while the secretary wrote down his suggestion.

"Any other suggestion before we vote on who to join us between these two?".
Malik asked the scanning the meeting room.

"I have another suggestion please".

Another lady spoke standing on her feet.

"Yes please ma'am, carry on".
Malik responded.

"I suggest Miss Amal Mehmoud from the construction and design department ".

Malik felt a lump form in his throat by the mention of her name alone. He just prays she doesn't get to be choosen by the majority.

"Now we have 3 people suggested, if you're voting for Mrs Shaheed please step forward".

The secretary spoke bringing Malik back from his reverie.

Two people stepped forward and the secretary wrote it down.

The people who voted for Miss Aminah came forward too and finally those who voted for Amal came forward too.

Malik just sat looking at how things unfold right before his eyes. He rubbed his hands on his face,shit's really getting real,he thought to himself. 
The voting came to an end and the secretary came forward to reveal who the majority selected for the replacement.

"Based on what nine of us voted,i will read the results as follows. Mrs Shaheed has 2 votes, Miss Aminah has 3 votes while Miss Amal has the highest votes of 4 people. The majority votes go to Miss Amal Mehmoud,therefore she will ne joining the team".

Malik sat glued to his chair, he never expected this to happen. He has a feeling it's not going to be a good thing if Amal joins the team to Vegas especially that he's planning to take Zain with him. He felt weak at the mere thought of her. He finally summoned some courage and spoke.

"Make all arrangements in Miss Mehmoud's name and e-mail her right away to inform her of the team's decision so that she prepares as early as possible".

He finished and left the meeting room back to his office. For real he never wished for things to happen this way,but then again no one has control over the future,not even for a minute.

He saw her office door left a little ajar so he decided to stop by and inform her about the trip before she gets the email.

"Assalamualaikum ". He knocked softly on the door making her look at the direction of the door.

She felt her heart skipped by hearing his voice,she raised her head to look  in his direction and she saw him standing by the door as handsome as ever. She didn't know when a stupid smile made it's way to her face.

"You will coming with us to Vegas,the team will send you an email but i thought i should let you know now. So you start making necessary arrangements as we have a very limited time".

He spoke finally with his eyes fixed on her. She felt a little uneasy and started to play with the hem of her scarf. The information is just too much on her to assimilate.

"You mean i will be coming with you people? "  She asked with happiness evident in her voice. She just couldn't believe this is all happening, she couldn't remember the last time she travelled somewhere away from home. Her smile grew wider and wider.
Seeing how happy she had became suddenly made Malik felt some kind of warmth in his heart from the mere view of her smiling face clearly revealing her happiness. He couldn't help but smile too as he spoke.
"Yes. You were chosen by the team after the majority selected you".
Seeing him with a genuine smile made her smile even more,her eyes lightning up.
"Thank you Malik".

She spoke before he left for his office.
Hearing his name from her made him internally smile more,but he managed to put on a neutral facade as he nodded at her.
"You are welcome".

She quickly took out her phone to call her mother and inform her about the trip.
"Hello Maami... I'm going to Vegaaasssss".

She said through the phone in an ecstatic voice.

"Owww.. Ma shaaAllah Amal,with whom will you be going?"
Her mom asked from the other end.
She quickly explained to her how it all happened and how she was selected. They talked for some few minutes before they both hunged up the phone promising her mom that she will gist her fully about it when she gets back home.

****************
"Yayy my habiby is back". Zain held Malik in her arms welcoming him home.

"What's with you?" She scanned his face as he looked a little weared out.

"I'm just tired hayati... It's been a long slow busy day". He murmured as he buried his head in her shoulders.

"Let's get you to relax then you cute thingy".  She held his hands and led them inside. She helped him take off his suit and fix him some warm bath.
He finished up and dressed in a light grey sweat pants with a light cotton H&M tshirt.
He came out to the sitting room and met Zain serving some tea for him. He hugged her from behind inhaling her familiar scent. He has decided to inform her about his decision on taking her to Vegas with him. Despite that Amal will be there too,it won't stop him from going with his wife and having their fun time together.

"So how about i take you to Vegas along with me?" He spoke more like a whisper in her ear.

"Why sure... i would love to be with you. I don't wanna be missing you here". She answered turning to face him with her arms on his shoulders.

"I request some days off from the office. I just pray my boss lets me,because i am on a deadline for my annual project. Now come have some tea".
She placed the cup in a saucer and handed it to him.

After they've eaten dinner,she emailed her boss to inform him about her plan.

"Did he respond? " Malik asked poking his head to look at her laptop.

"Not yet. I'm nervous habiby,i have a feeling he will not allow me due to the work at the office."

"Relax.. don't be nervous".
He rubbed her back.

The notification sound rang signalling that there's a new mail and shequickly clicked on it. Her face fell from what she saw,it was the reply from her boss and it wasn't a good one.
"Malik,i won't be coming with you". She spoke slowly as if the energy in her body has been drained.

"Why has he responded yet?" Malik questioned searching her eyes.
She turned the laptop in his direction for him to read the email from her boss.
He red the email and felt his heartbeat increased. Everything's not going as planned. The last hope he had was to be with his wife in Vegas and it has all been shattered now.
"Now i will have to be alone and on my own. Doing nothing but work".

He said not feeling so happy about her boss' rejection.

"I will miss you".  He added his eyes searching hers.

"I will miss you more".
She buried herself in him feeling his absence already.

********************
The airport was filled with so people going up and down while some are seated waiting patiently for their flight.
Amal hugged her mom and said goodbye to her finally.
"Enjoy your stay and take care of yourself Hameedah".

"Sure Mami,I leave you two in the care of Allah".
She watched as the cab drove her mother farther and farther away from her.
She pushed her wheeled suitcase and began to make her way to the waiting line. There she saw the remaining three ladies from the team and joined them. Eventhough,she wasn't so familiar with all of them, she felt this could be the best time they can bond together.

"Hello Amal,i am Hafsah. I know we've met a few times at the office but barely spoken to each other ".

"Nice to be here with you Hafsah,i hope we make good team mates. " Amal chuckled. They engaged in a little conversation with Hafsah doing more of the talking being the extrovert. Amal's eyes kept scanning through the dozens of people coming in and out of the airport to see if she could find him, but he was nowhere to be found.
"Waiting for someone?" Hafsah questioned reading her face.

"No,not really ". Amal quickly answered.

The queue came to her turn and her luggage went through scanning while she collected her ticket. Hafsah waited behind for her to be done so they find some place to seat before the time for their flight comes.

Soon she was done and they sat in ine of the chairs available. Amal stood up to get them both some coffee from the small cafetaria outside.
She entered the cafeteria and got their coffee. Coffee simply remimded her of Malik and because of him,her love for coffee has increased a little bit.Just as she came out with two coffee cups in her hand,she spotted him but her heart sank to her stomach as she saw his wife with him. His wife drove him to the airport.
She stood there like a mannequin watching them walk into the airport together. The truth is she felt jealous for some kind of stupid reason.
She slowly made her way back to the airport before their coffee runs cold.  She met Hafsah seated with her attention fixed on her ipad playing some game.

"Here's your coffee Hafsah ".

She handed her the cup of coffee distracting her from her game.

"Aww thanks dear,i needed it".
She took the cup from her with a smile on her face.

Amal sat down and began sipping her coffee,not that she was enjoying it but it was enough distraction from the sight of Malik hugging his wife in his arms as they said goodbye to each other.

"Come on,let's meet the other team members, Mr Malik has called an immediate meeting before our flight takes off".

Hafsah said disrupting Amal from her thoughts.  They both stood up anf discarded their empty coffee cups in the trash bin. They met with the rest of the team members waiting for them. Her eyes suddenly fell on him,he was wearing a casual navy blue button up shirt with a black blazer and a pair of jeans. He completed the look with a pair of caramel brown timbalands. She swifly looked down at the floor so as to not embarrass herself in front of the whole team.
"Our flight will be taking off soon,i need all of us to be together so as not to leave any one behind,especially the ladies. Here is your tags".
Malik spoke as he handed each of them a tag that consists of their names,and the name of their company.

Soon they began to board the plane. Amal and Hafsah sat together on the same row as each of the team members sat not very far from each other.
Malik's eyes scanned through looking for her,as much as he is not really feeling this trip, he still wants to set his eyes on her. As creepy as that sounded and to top it all he's already missing Zain. He doesn't feel like himself anymore now with all the feelings about Amal rushing to him, not that he doesn't love his wife anymore,Zain is still the greatest blessing Allah has bestowed on him. But Amal,is just something else... he just couldn't explain it.

Amal slept throughout the flight while Hafsah played with her ipad,and slept recurrently.

The air hostess announced that their plane  will land in a few minutes. Hafsah tapped Amal gently to wake her up. 
"Wake up we will be landing soon... i guess this is Vegas". She squealed happily.
Amal rubbed the sleep out of her eyes and looked through the window. It's just some strange place she has never been before.

The plane landed and they all set out to the arrival. Amal felt her legs running cold and tired,clearly she's been jet lagged.
She walked slowly with Hafsah by her side and the other three ladies from the team behind them while the guys were in front of them. Hafsah didn't look tired at all,she was busy taking pictures and waving at strangers. Amal wondered the kind of energy she has as a yawn escaped her lips.

She spotted Malik not looking haggered at all too. His face showed a little tiredness unlike how she saw him fresh in the morning. He gave a weak smile as he caught her eyes. She smiled back shyly and looked the other way.

They went straight to get their luggage.  Amal just couldn't wait to be at their hotel room and plop down on the bed to sleep off her tiredness. She picked her luggage and they all converged to the car that'll convey them to the hotel they'll be staying. Just as they were about to enter the car, some beautiful ladies came to them,one was blond haired and the other,a brunette. They were dressed in some revealing clothing and they stopped in front of the guys.

"Welcome to Las Vegas Nevada,the city of nightlife and Casino. The city that never sleeps".
They said in unison,Amal didn't fell to detect some kind of accent they spoke with even though she couldn't fathom what accent that was.
She felt a little uneasy seeing the girls' revealing clothes and how they stood directly in front of the guys. Amal spotted Malik with his gaze fixed on the floor,ever since those ladies showed up,he kept his gaze away from them like the gentleman he had always been. She smiled internally at how she loved how a gentleman he is,despite that she was tired she felt her feelings for him deeper and deeper within her for once a gentleman, always a gentleman. And this is why she just can't stop herself from falling face first for him. With that they proceeded to the cars already waiting for them to convey them to the hotel so as to have a  good rest as the activities will start by tomorrow. It had been a long day all the while... she thought to herself with a deep sigh as she let herself relax on the car seat.
****************
Hey #TLIMMsquad how are we... It's been long since i updated so here's a long chapter for y'all lovelies. I hope you enjoyed it. Remember to vote,share and comment please. And yes,the first person to comment on this chapter gets a huge shout out in the next chapter in shaa Allah.  Stay blessed lovelies. 💜❣

#TLIMMsquad
#TLIMM

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

181K 11.6K 34
REACHED #26 IN SPIRITUAL ON August 1/2018 ---- Laila gets a wedding proposal from someone who wants to stay anonymous till the day of their wedding. ...
40.1K 3K 49
☆ AMAAN ULLAH ZAMAN ☆ 27 year old ex-marine who is now looking for some meaning in his life. After his father remarried he doesn't have a family to c...
329K 15.7K 43
COVER CREDITS TO THE SWEETEST SOUL- @ShabanaTheStar "This. . . This voice of yours just irritates me!" "If this voice of mine irritates you so much t...
165K 14.9K 34
Highest Ranking: #1 in Muslim! 9/21 #1 in Islamic! 9/20 #1 in MuslimLoveStory ~ #1 in HalalLove ~ What would you sacrifice for the perfect life? We...