Were We Meant To Be Together?

Von Xylesia

Kyungsoo had no idea that filling some random form would lead him to an arranged marriage with none other tha... Mehr

Prolougue
Chapter 1 - A Twist In Fates
Chapter 2 - The Big News
Chapter 3 - If Only He Knew
Chapter 4 - The Royal Engagement
Chapter 5 - Kyungsoo's Days In Palace
Chapter 6 - Getting Used To Our Fate
Chapter 7 - We Can Try
Chapter 8 - Just Friends
Chapter 10 - Smiles
Chapter 11 - Am I Going To Be Happy?
Chapter 12 - Absolutely Unwell
Chapter 13 - Yeah We're Alright Now
Chapter 14 - Lunch Box
Chapter 15 - I'm Glad That You're Okay Now
Chapter 16 - October
Chapter 17 - Dawn
Chapter 18 - Let's Pretend It Never Happened
An Open Letter To Everyone
Chapter 19 - Heart Attack
Chapter 20 - Practicing For Marathon? Maybe Not!
Chapter 21 - Is This How It Feels?
Chapter 22 - Expectations
Chapter 23 - Tired
Chapter 24 - Realizations
Chapter 25 - Wrong Timing
Chapter 26 - Stop Ruining Our Moments
Chapter 27 - Contented
Chapter 28 - Pillow Talk [TW]
Chapter 29 - The Truth
Chapter 30 - For Better Or For Worse
Chapter 31 - Surprise
Chapter 32 - Dreams And Reality
Chapter 33 - Somewhere Faraway
Chapter 34 - Miracles
Epilogue
Important

Chapter 9 - Red String Of Destiny

1.8K 104 28
Von Xylesia

The day of the marriage finally arrives and Kyungsoo feels like dying. Both literally and physically. Don't ask him why, he just wants to, period.

He's been sitting in front of the god damn mirror for more than 4 hours because apparently the stylist isn't satisfied with his own handiwork. He keeps putting weird powder on his face and then removes it harshly "cause it isn't perfect Kyungsoo – ssi.. I really want you to look beautiful..." the stylist whines at him. "For the last time Jang – ssi.... I'm a man...I'm wearing women clothing...isn't that just enough? Why are you putting all these on my face..." he sighs for the umpteenth time.

Jongdae comes along with Luhan on tow and greets him. "Looking pretty Do Dyo..." Jongdae comments and Kyungsoo tries his hard not to flush at the compliment. Luhan bends down to give him a back hug and says "You look good Soo". "Thanks Han hyung..." Kyungsoo replies and looks at his reflection in the mirror.

He can't believe it's already been a month since he came here, since he got engaged to the Prince. Everything is happening so fast that it almost feels surreal. Kyungsoo feels that this is one of his weird fantasies. But even if it's just a fantasy, even if it's just a weird dream, Kyungsoo doesn't want to wake. He has already become attached to this place (and to the giant oaf and his annoying little brother).

"Where's Yixing hyung?" Kyungsoo asked when he noticed that his best friend was missing. "He was here a few minutes ago... Where did he go now...?" Jongdae wondered to himself before running out of the room to look for him. "I'll go with Jongdae" Luhan said before going after him.

"You're done. Finally... Now see" the stylist huffed. Kyungsoo sighed in relief. His whole body is strained from sitting in the same posture for a long time. "I'll go and call your family" the stylist said before rushing out of the room, leaving Kyungsoo all alone.

Kyungsoo was drowning in his thoughts when he heard someone knock on the door. He turned around and smiled at the man standing there with a bouquet of acacia and anemone. Yixing walked towards him and handed him the bouquet and said "For you Soo". Kyungsoo sniffed the flowers and indulged himself in the sweet smell of the flowers. "Where were you?" Kyungsoo asked. "I was busy with college you know..." Yixing says and stands behind Kyungsoo to admire him in the mirror.

He leans down and pecks Kyungsoo's cheek. "You look beautiful Soo..." he said. Kyungsoo didn't miss the weird tone in his words. it felt as if Yixing was trying to conceal something from him. It felt as if Yixing was pretending. He placed the flowers on the table and turned to look at him. "What's wrong hyung?" Kyungsoo asked with concern. "I'm fine Kyungsoo... I think I should go" Yixing says and makes a move before Kyungsoo grabs his wrist to stop him. "Why are you avoiding me hyung? Whenever I ask you something like this, you always avoid the subject? What happened to you?" Kyungsoo demanded.

Yixing stood there for a while before removing his hand from Kyungsoo's grip. Kyungsoo noticed that Yixing was trembling. "Hyung...please tell me what's hurting you..." Kyungsoo begged. Yixing turns towards him but he still doesn't look Kyungsoo in the eye. "I'm fine Kyungsoo... You shouldn't worry about me... It's your w-wedding today..." he says and Kyungsoo could almost feel the hurt seeping through those words. he walks towards the older man places his hand on his shoulder "Yixing hyung... I know there's something hurting you... why aren't you telling me?" he asked but the older man was adamant in concealing his feelings.

Kyungsoo decides to give Yixing his required time as he takes a step back and says "Whenever you're ready hyung, please tell me...". he expects Yixing to nod as usual, but what he doesn't expect is when Yixing pulls him into a hug. He instantly reciprocated the action and embraced the older man. Yixing buried his face in Kyungsoo's neck and took in his scent. "Please be happy Kyungsoo... Please" he whispered. Kyungsoo doesn't know how to answer this so instead of replying he rubs his hands in a soothing manner and says "I'll try my best.."

The wedding starts with Eoga Haengnyeol, a royal procession led by a banner emblazoned with the king's coat of arms, the yellow dragon. Following the coat-of-arms banner was the five directions banner and other traditional royal trappings.

Kyungsoo was still waiting in his dressing room when his mother rushed in. "Thank god..." she huffed. "I seriously feel so out of place Soo... why can't they just go for church marriage..." she panted. Finally she looked at Kyungsoo and she almost gasped because his son looked beautiful. "Soo.. you look... beautiful.." his mother said, awestruck. Kyungsoo flushed instantly and looked away. "I can't believe you're getting married..." she said tearing up. "Omma..." Kyungsoo tried but his own heart was paining. 'Why is everyone so sad today?' he thought as he watched his mother coping with her emotions.

"Anyways... I'm happy for you, son. I'm so happy and so proud of you..." she sniffled. "Omma...don't cry..." he sniveled. "I'm not crying baby... this are tears of joy... Omma is really happy for you.." she cooed as she brushed his hair. "I know this marriage is hard for you Soo.. but I hope that you never give up okay? No matter what happens, no matter how hard times get, never give up okay? Love may not come to you at first but if you stay long enough it will. It definitely will..." his mother said lovingly before caressing his cheek. Kyungsoo only nodded and listened to his mother.

^^^

Soon he was called out for the next ceremony. It was Bisuchaeg Uisik, or the formal installation of Kyungsoo as the husband and the Crown Prince. It was a short ritual where the Priest came and chanted something before sprinkling holy water on him. After that Kyungsoo bowed to the Priest to show his respect and when he stood up, the Priest placed a small crown on his head to exhibit his new earned royalty.

The final event of the marriage approached. It was the Chinyeong, in which Chanyeol took Kyungsoo as his husband. It was the longest event where they had to sit in front of the Priest and the God in order to complete the holy ceremony. The Priest chanted his holy mantras and went on with the ritual. Kyungsoo's heart was beating irregularly. 'this is it. This is the final event and after that we're married. After this I will no longer be just Do Kyungsooo. After this I will be Do Kyungsoo, Crown Prince and husband of Crown Prince Park Chanyeol' Kyungsoo thought. He decided take a look at the said man and saw that his expression was stone cold. Chanyeol looked unhappy and distressed.

His reversed his attention back to the Priest, but that look gnawed at the back of his mind. Suddenly Kyungsoo remembers the reason behind this expression. 'Chanyeol is forced into this marriage. He loves Baekhyun. He doesn't want me in his life...' Kyungsoo thinks and he feels a slight pang in his heart.

Getting married to someone you don't love and someone you probably don't know is horrible. It's horrible when you know that you have someone in your heart but you can never have them in your arms. Kyungsoo realizes this as he looks at Chanyeol.

The Priest sprinkles holy water on them again and Kyungsoo breaks from his thoughts. He looks up and the Priest smiles gently before pouring them rice wine and ordering them to drink it. He gulps it down without any question and looks at Chanyeol when he does so. "Give me your hands" the Priest ordered and they did as they were told.

The Priest tied a thick red string aroung Kyungsoo's left and Chanyeol's right hand. He placed their hands on top of each other and said "This string represents destiny. From now on, you two are one entity. You two are now bounded by soul, two halves of one holy being. From now on, you two will be viewed as one in front of God. You will share joy and sorrow and all the moments of life that are yet to come. I wish you both of you good luck on this long journey ahead of you. May God bless you." The Priest stood up and bowed to God before bowing to them. In return both Kyungsoo and Chanyeol stood up before giving the God and the Priest a deep bow.

The ceremony was over.

Kyungsoo realized as he bowed everyone who greeted them, that he was now married. He was now married to Park Chanyeol, the Crown Prince.

this is unedited chapter so please ignore the grammatical errors

A/n So here is your much awaited wedding chapter. I really hope that you guys liked it. I had to do a lot of research to get the right information. Although the processes of rituals are created fictionally so please don't hold them as true. So we got our Laysoo moments and well the wedding chapter. Also guys the acacia flower represent unrequited love and anemone flower represents undying love. 

Also guys I want to ask that do you want this story to be mpreg? I mean it won't be now...probably in the end (spoiler alert) but I'll put it only if you guys want it to be there.

Make sure to comment and tell me what you think and don't forget to vote guys.

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

154K 4.3K 26
Kim Jongin goes into a tough time when a scandal of him and Jung Jessica broke out. How will he work his way out? Fellow group mate, Park Chanyeol, o...
24.4K 1.1K 56
[male!Reader x Oh Sehun] I was a confused gay until a weird guy came along.
488K 14K 42
Chanyeol saw Baekhyun on the black market, he looked so damn good and innocent. He took him home and made Baekhyun call him daddy, but made Baekhyun...
41.2K 3K 56
[complete] Byun Baekhyun needs to be in control. With his successful business and his upcoming wedding to his handsome fiancé, Sehun, things couldn't...