That One Black Girl ✔

By ReplaceableOne

Here Amanda will tell you her stories of her life, on how she copes with being a black girl in an area with p... More

Why Am I Different?
I Want To Be Like Them
Jealousy
Why Am I Like This?
Feeling Beautiful
Attention Seeker
Racism
Skin Lightening
Conclusion

Is He Worth It?

983 88 41
By ReplaceableOne

I remember before when I had a crush. He was a jerk but I still fell for him. It was hard because he liked my bestfriend.

I'd try to grow our friendship into something more. I would constantly ask him who he liked hoping one day he'd say my name. He never did. I knew I was being stupid for falling for him, but a little bit of me still had hope.

One day when the lights were off in the classroom  he said. "Where's Amanda?" This was referencing how my skin colour blended in with the dark. It took my naive self awhile to get the joke but once I did I felt so humiliated. Some of the students were laughing. My friends were reassuring me saying not to listen to him. Why did he have to be so cruel?

I was a really sensitive child so little comments like that really got to me. The worst thing was I still liked him and I couldn't stop.

I remember there was a time when he put all the girls in order of who was prettiest and I ranked second last. I was gutted I felt ugly. This took a huge toll to my confidence.

One night I couldn't contain my tears and I just cried for 10 minute straight. Thinking about if he even liked black girls. It took me 3 years to get over him.

Fun fact this is the longest chapter of this book! So don't be expecting anything longer. Don't forget to vote, comment your thoughts & follow me!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.9K 75 20
𝘀𝗲𝗾𝘂𝗲𝗹 𝗼𝗳 𝗨𝗧𝗠 where jaemin was given another life to save HaRin -- ꒰ 𝖼𝗈𝗆𝗉𝗅𝖾𝗍𝖾𝖽 ꒱
49.2K 892 22
Aurora Rossi no one ever carried about her growing up except her mother her father really never wanted to have a girl so he ignored her so does her b...
331 138 6
As a plus-size girl, Brianna had been through it all and seen it all. The bullying and name-calling - she'd overcome it all and had faced high school...
4.9K 149 5
Savannah's story. Written in 2012 Savannah is an eleven year old slave in Southern Louisiana on the McGreggory plantation. She's worked all her life...