The Burning One (Finished)

By yunru28

Everyone hates the Noroshi's for what they did a very long time ago. But the Score says that a girl will be b... More

The Burning One
Chapter 2: Vander
Chapter 3: Max
Chapter 4: Colonel Jade Curtiss.
Chapter 6: Getting Back Together
Chapter 7: In The Desert
Chapter 8: Notsuoh
Chapter 9: Former Assassin Jay
Chapter 10: The Palace
Chapter 11: Save The King!
Chapter 12: Raven
Chapter 13: Replica? Clone?
Chapter 14: The Snowy Mountain
Chapter 15: That Isn't Fina...
Chapter 16: She's A Fake!
Chapter 17: Poor Violet....
Chapter 18: Jade Clone
Chapter 19: A New Home

Chapter 5: Meeting Leta and The Assassins.

168 8 2
By yunru28

Fina was still surprised when Jade was happy to be traveling with her. She was a Noroshi...It was odd for Ryins to like Noroshi's. But she was happy, she had currently met two Ryins, Max and Jade, who liked her. So eventually, she was brave enough to ask Jade if the ship could drop them off at Erocs, where she could have the Score read to her. Jade questioned her though, but Fina just said,

"I need to find something out." And that was the end of that conversation. Jade knew when to stop asking questions, and Fina was relieved.

The ship had dropped them off and was currently driving away. Fina was curious of how the thing was drifting through the land, but she wasn't going to ask Jade. She would probably get into a whole story about it and Fina would eventually get bored.

So instead, she kept quiet and they entered the city of Erocs, the home of the Score. Well, it really wasn't a city, it was really a large church, but people called it a city anyway, because of the size of the church. The church was HUGE. You could fit one big city in that church. That's why people say it's a city.

Fina and everyone entered the church. It was very elegant and it seemed like a castle. The walls were white while the floor was marble; so shiny you could see yourself. Up above them were bridges from one end of the room, to the other, which was a good two minute walk. And to the sides were doors, but they weren't going left or right. They were going straight.

They had to walk up a large flight of steps before they could enter the room where the Score was. Two guards were posted on both sides of the purple door, making sure no one would run off with it or anything.

After a while, they finally got to the top of the steps. Fina told the guards she wanted to see the Score, and they let her in. The others decided to ask around about the assassins while she was in there, and they did.

She ventured inside quietly, because not a sound was in the room at the moment. There wasn't really much in this room, like Fina would expect. She saw at least five guards standing around though. The floor was gold while the walls were white. Up ahead was a large white, circular table, but it had a gap in the back so the Score Teller, (Who was a very high and important person) could go in and read the Score.

Fina approached the table. and saw the Score sitting on top. The Score Teller, who was a young boy, maybe about seventeen.

He was wearing the essential clothing that the Score Teller should always wear, which was a white robe with the sleeves hanging from his arm like a kimono, (Which is a Japanese Dress) and he greeted Fina like the Score Teller should as well; He placed his hands on top of his head and bowed. "Hello." He said. "I am Eon, The Score Teller. What do you want to know from the Score?"

Fina blinked. "Uh...I would like to hear how I would die."

"What is your name?"

"Fina-"

"Wait Fina?!"

"Uh...Yeah?"

"My apologies." Eon did his bow then quickly opened the large book and then ran his finger over some lines in the book. But instead of telling Fina how she would die, he gave her this, "Year 2000 ~ And there shall be born, a girl of rich red hair. She shall be called, "Burning One," And shall terminate the war between Luos and Erif. She shall be born a Noroshi, and she shall make everyone equal."

Fina lifted an eyebrow. "Uh Score Teller sir, I wanted to know how I will die." Eon smirked and closed the book. "But-" Fina reached out her hand.

"Guards!" Eon called out. Fina felt strong arms grabbed onto her own and started to drag her away.

Fina kicked. "But-"

The guards suddenly threw her out and the doors slammed behind her. Fina groaned and got to her feet, wiping dirt off herself even though there shouldn't be any dirt in the first place. Fina sighed, then headed down the steps.

When she reached the bottom, she had to wait a couple of minutes because Jade, Max, and Vander weren't back yet.

But Fina was lost in thought. Yes, she was born on Year 2000, but it was Year 2016 at the moment...Yes, she had rich red hair, and yes, she was a Noroshi but....Her name didn't mean "Burning One"...Did it? She wasn't quite sure what her name meant, she never asked her mother before.

"Uh...Fina?"

Fina jumped. She saw Max looked up at her with wide, adorable eyes. She sighed. "Don't do that!"

"Sorry...."

Fina then lifted him up on her shoulders, then turned to Jade and Vander. "So did you find any information?" She asked.

Jade placed a hand on her hip. "Actually, yes." She suddenly smiled suspiciously. "Yes we did."

"Wha-?" Fina felt Max jump off her shoulder. When she turned, Max didn't look like himself anymore. This boy had shoulder length gray hair, with white highlights. His eyes were gray, which matched his gray gloves. He wore a brown shirt and shoes, and white torn up pants. The boy giggled and pulled out a whip before slashing it at Fina. The whip wrapped around her, so that Fina couldn't move.

Fina struggled against the rope, until Vander stepped forward in front of her. Fina gulped when he suddenly didn't look like himself either. Vander's hair grew shorter and it turned silver. His eyes were now a faded blue, and he wore a white shirt with black pants. Chains were attached to his wrists, Fina guessed that those were his weapons.

Then there was Jade. (She's a bit hard to explain, so go to Photobucket.com and type in Legretta. You'll get plenty pictures of her. And yes I stole her from 'Tales of the Abyss' All rights go to them on this character)

Fina struggled once again. "W-Who are you people?"

The women who once was Jade, looked over at the man who once was Vander. "I think telling her won't hurt."

"Whatever you want, ma'am."

The women approached Fina, and she held a gun up to Fina's neck. "I am Legretta, that man over there is Jay, and that little boy is Lance."

Fina laughed. "Wow. Now the guards know your names."

Legretta shook her head. "Nope. They're all fast asleep. But now, you're coming with us whether you like it or not."

Fina heard Jay come over toward her, and that was the last thing she heard for a very long time.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When Fina had waken up, she was lying on the cold, stone floor of a dungeon. She sat up quickly, just now remembering what had happened.

The dungeon was like any other; metal bars blocking the exit, a single wooden chair standing in the corner while a huge pile of Hay just sat in the middle. There was nothing else.

Fina sighed and got to her feet and brushed dirt off of herself, knowing she was actually a bit dirty this time. She then fell silent, wondering if she could hear anyone else. And she did. She heard a quiet breathing coming from the corner of her cell.

Fina turned toward the corner, and saw someone's foot. Fina smiled, and knelt down on one knee. The foot disappeared in the Darkness. "It's okay." Fina held out her hand. "I'm not going to hurt you. I promise." She tried to sound soft and reassuring.

But the figure refused to come out of the corner. Fine just let out a chuckle, then sat down. "Okay then. I'll just talk to you. My name is Fina. May I know your name?"

The figure replied with a shuffling as they tried to get even further away from Fina.

Fina tried again. "I'm sixteen years old. And you?"

Nothing.

Fina squinted, wanting to be able to see the person's face. She saw a small sparkle in the figure's eyes, and Fina smiled. "Ah. So you're a Noroshi. I am one too, so don't worry, I won't hurt you."

Now that got the figure to speak, "N-Noroshi....?" Fina heard, but barely. She could tell that it was a girl.

Fina nodded and smiled. "Yes. I am a Noroshi."

The girl shuffled some more. Fina saw her stand up, but she kept to the shadows. Fina didn't stand up though, thinking the girl would get scared. "What's your name?" Fina asked again.

The girl hesitated to answer. But after a long moment of silence, she said, "Leta...Thirteen."

Fina held out her hand again. "Can I see your face? I bet it's beautiful. Probably much more prettier than mine."

At first, Leta didn't say or do anything. But then, she finally stepped out of the Darkness and revealed herself. (Pic to right)

Fina slowly stood up, not wanting to scare Leta. Fina saw that she was shivering, and she guessed that it was because she didn't have any shoes on. So, Fina took off her own shoes and socks and placed them on the floor in front of her before taking a few steps back. "I know it's kind of disgusting but...Go ahead and wear my shoes. You seem cold."

Leta looked at Fina, then at the shoes. Fina's feet began to go cold, but she wasn't going to take back her offer so quickly.

It took Leta a whole ten minutes before she ran to the middle of the room, grabbed the shoes, then backed away toward the corner again. Fina watched her put on the shoes, then sigh with relief.

"How long have you been in here?" Fina asked her.

Leta walked over to the chair, since it was closer to her, and sat down in it. "....Yesterday. Those people....Threw you in here...Yesterday night."

Fina looked down at her feet. "I see...." Fina suddenly remembered Jade, Vander, and Max. She wondered where they were right now, and she wondered if they were looking for her. So Fina's hand went to her hip to grab her sword, but all she grabbed was air. Fina cursed silently to herself, then walked over to the bars and clung to them.

Fina then began to shake each one. Sometimes, there would be a bar loose. And there was! Fina found a loose one, then pulled it out. She then stepped aside and showed it to Leta. "We can leave."

Leta didn't hesitate at that. She jumped off the chair and zipped past Fina. Fina jogged up beside her and they both ran down the dungeon hall until they found a staircase leading upward. Fina ran up there, but Leta was a bit slower. So Fina slowed down and fell behind Leta. then Fina picked the girl up. Leta gasped, and Fina could feel her shaking. Fina told her that she wasn't going to hurt her, then ran faster.

Leta clutched onto Fina's neck and squeezed her eyes shut when Fina ran even faster. But Fina would check each room they passed so she could find her sword; and maybe give Leta one if there were any others. They did find a room with Fina's sword, and a Dagger. Leta grabbed the dagger instantly as Fina attached a sheathe to her side and placed her sword in it. Then they were off again, Fina still carrying Leta.

Fina didn't take any notice of their surroundings when she stopped at a dead end with a large window. She just gently placed Leta on the ground, took her sword, and smashed the window to pieces.

Leta held her arms in front of her face so glass wouldn't hit her face. But Fina was quick and stood in front of her, so the glass instead, would hit Fina. And it did, she got one on her shoulder, and a few pieces on her arm, but Fina just ignored them and grabbed Leta in her arms once again and ran to the window, stepping on glass along the way.

Right when she was about to jump, she looked down. It would be a long fall, but Fina had no other choice, she could hear footsteps echoing down the hall toward them. Fina closed her eyes, let out a deep breath, and jumped.

She hung onto Leta tightly. She could feel her shaking with fright as they fell. Fina took that time to open her eyes. The ground was getting really close, Fina had to time this just right if they were to survive this fall. Fina flipped herself so her feet would be pointed toward the ground, and then she made she her knees her slightly bent.

The impact hurt like crazy. Fina hit the ground with such a force, it made a hole, and the glass on her feet was pushed further into her skin. She screamed out in pain, but she kept a hold of Leta and she made sure that she fell on her back to Leta could land softly on top of her.

Fina laid there for a while, dazed. Leta's arms were wrapped around her neck as she still shook. Fina wanted to comfort her, and apologize for the sudden jump, but she felt too weak. She slipped in and out on consciousness, feeling the pain in her legs, ankles, feet...Almost everywhere.

After what seemed like an hour, Fina felt the weight of Leta come off of her. Fina opened her eyes half-way and saw a blurry Leta walking away. Fina groaned, and Leta came back. She knelt down. "I'm going to...Get some firewood. The enemies...Probably won't come after us...They think we're dead."

Fina's only reply was the closing of her eyes. Leta stood back up and began to search for some firewood. Fina could hear the little girl limping a bit, but she slipped back to unconsciousness before she could help her.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3K 64 8
After Izuku defeated All for One and Shigaraki, the war finally ended. Izuku was training, having fun with his Friends, and dealing with thugs. You c...
234K 5.9K 33
There's a new student at UA high school in the hero class (Y/N) She's a shy girl at the start but suddenly class 1-A learns that y/n is not the girl...
7.7K 216 35
Her life changed the second after she found out the cause of her parents' death. Ever since then, she has only one goal... that is to get revenge on...
544 37 24
A Woman born with mixed breeds had struggled throughout her life of keeping a home, her name is Nathaniela Firestorm, which she was given that name w...