Forget Me Not | LoZ: BotW/LoZ...

By LivFreely

Write your own fate in the stars, I will be here to pick you up should you fall while finishi... More

i- When Light Falls To Dark, Heroes Rise From The Ruins In A War Against Fate
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
12
13
14
ii- At World's End, Stand Up And Fight For Those That Make Our Dreams Stay Alive
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
Author's Note: Guess Who? :)

11

5.3K 282 209
By LivFreely

I had major difficulties finding a picture fitting this new character, but the design above is a pretty accurate depiction of him. Just imagine him with a rough scar slashed across his left eye, his irises are a darker shade of purple instead of that maroon, sharp Hylian ears, he has wavier hair, and his expression is much more malicious.

★⊱ ▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃ ⊰★

Kane was free of his façade, and (Y/n) struggled to keep her composure intact. The first thing she noticed was his nose wasn't broken like it should have been from her smashing her head against it. Curse him and his convenient magic. Other than that, Kane's appearance was youthful, seemingly a Hylian man entering young adulthood – something that set off warning bells in her head instantly. It was impossible for him to be that young. (Y/n) had seen his features once sometime in the distant past, but he looked exactly the same.

His ebony hair loosely curled against his cranium, brushing the top of his sharp eyebrows. Kane's bright, amethyst eyes were narrowed in on her disheveled person – the left slashed over by a rough scar that ran diagonal up to his hairline and down to his cheekbone – while a sneer contorted his devilishly handsome face. The bagginess of his dark cloak prevented (Y/n) from gauging his strength, but she bet anything by the gauntness and paleness of Kane's cheeks he still lacked physical strength. The man had always relied on his deadly magic to win against those superior to him in might.

Wasting no time, he jammed a key into the locked door, twisting his wrist until there was a 'click.' The man glided into her cell quiet as a breeze, and their gazes collided in a silent battle for dominance – the darkest pools of a violent, unforgiving hell against two menacing devils.

Neither spoke, everything that needed to be said passing between their heated glares alone.

Maintaining their eye-contact, one of his hands drew back the edge of his cloak, uncovering an ordinary black sheath with a not so ordinary blade resting inside. The familiar black grip encircled by a crossing pattern of indigo greeted her eyes as Kane brought the eerily impressive masterpiece out from the confines of his cloak.

The sword's cross-guard was carved to resemble a platinum pair of outstretched, pointed wings that glimmered under the firelight of the guards' torches. Lower down the hilt where the wings overlapped was an open space where a large, onyx stone lay snugly. Below that, the wings crossed over each other, converging into one design. Then, even farther down, the rest of the blade was covered by its sheath.

It was Kane who upset the silence, eyes roaming over the beauty of the sword.

"The sword capable of splitting asunder a soul's will, obliterating those who swear themselves indomitable with a single swipe. Said to be a holy gift from the gods and goddesses in reverence for their loved creation. Meant to bear the representation of both a heavenly light and a wicked darkness – for the one destined to wield such a mighty blade shall exhibit no favoritism to either side." The sorcerer stopped to look at (Y/n), hatred spilling from his eyes. "The Divine Sword, such an exquisite piece of craftsmanship. Too bad it lays in the hands of an incompetent fool."

(Y/n) knew he was referring to her, so in retaliation, she pointedly stared at Kane's hands that were clutching onto the black sheath. "Yes, I'd have to say I agree with you there. So, why not hand it over to the real owner?"

Anger was quick to contort his face, his eyebrows pulled together and his lips pursed in an attempt to control himself from spewing obscenities. "How I'd love nothing more than to smash that pretty face of yours in, but unfortunately, I've been told not to harm you."

(Y/n) paused, thinking of his comment, her next retort slipping from her smirking lips. "Pretty, huh? An odd compliment coming from you, Sweetheart, it actually makes me think of us as friends." She stated, an insulting nickname spitefully rolling off her tongue that contradicted his sour attitude, using the same one he enjoyed calling her. Eyes firmly locked on his face, (Y/n) watched his own expression switch to something she was unfamiliar with. "What? Can't handle a joke-"

In a whirlwind of black, Kane's cloak encompassed her as he lowered himself down to her level. His palm slammed against the stone wall beside her head, and she was left staring into his darkening, enraged eyes, feeling his frigid breath hitting her face. "Don't be silly, (Y/n), the number of imbeciles who like you outweighs the ones who loathe you. Make another statement like that and I'll carry out my threat."

(Y/n) stared at him, taking in the way his chest heaved up and down rapidly, and she was almost disturbed at how uptight he became because of a simple comment.

"I didn't come here for this," he continued on, never removing himself from her personal space. Raising the hand tightly holding her sword, Kane tapped his index finger against the sheath. "Unsheathe. The. Blade," he commanded, pointing the grip of the sword toward her.

"No." (Y/n) denied immediately, glancing at her sword then boldly staring down on him like he was lesser than her, demeanor passive and unbending. "You think I can't see through your ploy, do you? Who exactly put you up to this, Kane? Who told you it was okay to try and steal something that doesn't belong to you?"

A sly smile. "I don't know what you mean."

"You know exactly what I mean." (Y/n) hissed, her body trembling, an uncontrollable bout of recklessness fueling her annoyance. "My right as the Celestial Warrior, and the abilities that come with it is what you greedily long for. Not once has your hand touched the exposed parts of the sword, but that's because it doesn't accept anyone but its master. Me. Which is why you need me to unsheathe it for you."

Kane shot up from his crouch, stumbling backward out of shock. (Y/n)'s criticizing eyes followed his every move, but she was far from finished. "Tell me, what power of mine is it you seek so desperately? Is it Calamity Ganon, perhaps, that set you up to this, or maybe it was your Yiga Master?" His mouth opened and closed multiple times lost for answers, and beyond him, (Y/n) could see the guards shifting uneasily. "Go on, what's wrong?!" She yelled at him suddenly, and everyone flinched at her outburst of fury. "Can't speak because you've been caught?" She snapped, pinning him with her irate gaze. "Absolutely pathetic, you can't even give a decent answer when you're confronted by someone who isn't afraid of you. I hate to break it to you, Kane, but you'll never in a million years get what you want from me."

Face downcast and masked by the shadows of the cell, (Y/n) couldn't discern Kane's reaction to her questions or her response. It was dead silent, and he paced back and forth as much as he could given the place they were currently in.

"We could have accomplished so much together, (Y/n), but you just couldn't listen, could you?" Kane mumbled, irritated. "You were to follow one effortless assignment – eliminate the princess of Hyrule, whoever became the Master Sword's chosen one, and every last one of the Champions. You've failed, but not only that, those meddling people got underneath your skin in the process. Made the objective hazy. I should have listened to her sooner," he continued hastily. "You would never follow through with your assigned task, which is why I stepped in to accomplish what you're too afraid to do yourself."

She exasperatedly snorted. The man was more of a dunce than she thought if he required someone else to tell him what was so plain to see from the beginning, but then it hit her. Who was this 'her' he was referring to? It couldn't possibly be. . .!

"But, what I'm dying to know is who told you about the Celestial Warrior?" Kane inquired in a surly tone. "I said, who told you?" His stare gave way to a seething glower when he noticed she wasn't going to speak. He ran a twitching hand through his hair. "Fine. Have it your way, I'm done playing games with you. Even with the curse I cast upon you all those years ago, you still defy me." Her eyes cut to Kane immediately when he said that, and she noticed his diabolical smirk, his eyes still looking elsewhere. "Admirable, but careless." He met her stare once more, showing emotions that were nothing short of terrifying. "If you won't comply, I'll force the answers out of you."

Kane's fists clenched, a gathering of dark energy swirling angrily around his arms.

"That's quite enough, Kane." A strong voice ordered, and that's all it took for Kane to submit himself to whoever was talking, the sinister aura vanishing.

(Y/n) noticed a silhouette standing between the two Yiga outside – how she didn't feel another presence entering the vicinity was beyond her. Their hands were clasped in front of them while a cloak matching Kane's hid their body, but as she peered at the newcomer's face her world started spinning out of balance.

A tall, thin woman who wore a stern expression exchanged a brief conversation with the guards, her grey hair was pulled up into a neat and tidy bun, and the woman, despite her age, had no laugh lines etched around her mouth or eyes. She had a face so painfully familiar it left (Y/n) chocking to form a comprehensible sentence, but the words escaped her.

The woman opened the cell door, plucking one of the guards' torches out of their hand. She placed herself beside Kane, staring intently at (Y/n). "And, as for you, I think that's enough interrogating my most loyal subject, (Y/n)." Without sparing Kane a glance, the woman extended a hand toward the male sorcerer. "The sword."

He did as he was told, and the woman situated the blade onto her back.

"You may leave."

Kane went to argue-

"Begin preparation for the execution of the Sheikah we have captured thus far."

(Y/n)'s eyes widened at that. My sisters and I should be the only ones set up for execution. Why. . .?

Kane huffed, gave (Y/n) a deadly look, snapped his fingers at the Yiga guards to follow, and exited the prison. (Y/n) panicked. He couldn't leave, he was going to murder her brethren in cold blood! She needed to go-

Once there was a sound of another door shutting, entailing that the two females were alone, this oh-so-familiar stranger didn't hold back a hollow laugh, finding amusement in (Y/n)'s evident appallment shining in her eyes. The disdain in that short chuckle speared (Y/n)'s heart with a thousand blades.

All at once, for the first time in (Y/n)'s life, everything in her mind slammed to a halt.

No solutions.

No despair.

No guilt.

An absolute nothingness that swallowed (Y/n) into a pit of manic confusion.

There was no mystery to solve – for her brain and heart gathered what they needed to. While (Y/n) herself tried to comprehend how this was possible, her heart kicked into an irate rhythm, pulsing so strongly and so surely with its emotions. (Y/n)'s wrathful obsidian eyes overflowed with uncontained contempt for the woman standing before her.

This was no stranger.

This was her judge.

Her jury.

Her executioner.

Most importantly, this was her-

"Mother," (Y/n) spat hotly. Disbelievingly. "Or should I call you the Yiga Master Vira?"

The woman's face, that was only half illuminated by the flickering flames engulfing the torch she held, shifted into an expression of deep hurt. The woman, Vira, spoke.

"Oh, I was expecting a warmer welcome than that, my dear. Come now, aren't you glad to see me after all these years. Haven't you missed me?" She questioned, tone low and calculative.

(Y/n) wrestled with her mind to overcome the wrathful emotions accumulating within her, a heavy dose of adrenaline working through her veins. "You're nothing more than a title, and a heartless traitor. Not a loving wife or mother. Quit pretending those once belonged to you when you've been the very opposite from the beginning."

"Oh, I thought my 'death' may have changed your feelings?" The older woman questioned, a predatory grin curling up her thin lips. "To think I grieved our time apart when all you've been doing is prancing around with your new heroic friends."

"They aren't my friends-" (Y/n) began to disagree, but her head snapped sideways, cheek throbbing from the impact of her mother's slap.

"Don't lie to me, (Y/n). I know the truth, no matter how hard you try to hide it." Vira hissed, dark eyes furious. "Tell me something else, do you think those who took you in loved you? No. My sister and her husband, your adoptive parents, only did so out of obligation. What were the names of their children? Purah and Impa, yes? I know they still live, I've kept careful watch over everything you do. Who you interact with. That means I also know about you slaughtering seven of my men in the desert, which I don't appreciate. They were so easy to recruit and manipulate into joining the Yiga."

"All of them had it coming. If you expect me to be remorseful of my actions, you'll be greatly disappointed when you find that I have none."

Vira's black eyes searched for any deception or weakness in (Y/n)'s apathetic words – the same way the woman taught her daughter to do at a young age. After finding nothing from (Y/n), Vira composed herself, expression returning to a look of innocence. She crouched in front of (Y/n), reaching forward with a lone hand to softly tuck a filthy strand of the younger girl's silver hair behind one of her pointed ears.

"Forgive me, today hasn't been the best day," Vira apologized. "But, now that we're together, I can ask what happened to your long, stunning hair. Why so short? It barely goes passed your shoulders now." The woman mentioned offhandedly. It was laughable, really, because (Y/n) knew that no remark from Vira was simply offhanded. "Could it possibly involve what happened to Are-"

(Y/n) jerked her head out of reach from Vira's touch, breath fleeing from her lungs. With her neck turned to the right, (Y/n) stared icily out of the corner of her left eye at Vira. "Don't you dare speak his name in my presence. You have no right."

"Now, now, no need to become so grouchy." Vira falsely pacified. "Still a touchy topic after all these years, I see."

(Y/n) quickly changed the subject, downright refusing to continue in the direction her mother was trying to pull the conversation. "I should have known it was you who had Kane under their thumb, but how could I when you're supposed to be dead. Why did you come here? Why do any of this? Why make me and everyone else believe that you were dead?" (Y/n) unremorsefully reproached, voice audibly shaking. "For what reason did you not protect us? Why did you not protect him?!"

Vira didn't look moved by (Y/n)'s questions, and instead the woman thoughtfully hummed. "Kane is only a very minuscule piece of the puzzle in the grand scheme of everything. The poor lad is just too easy to manipulate. He also planned this whole elaborate plan without my permission just to get back at you, but how can I be angry at him when he did such a wonderful job in creating so much mayhem?" She chuckled, not interested in elaborating any farther.

That's news to (Y/n), Kane didn't mention that tidbit of information when he was still present.

"Moving on, if you tell me what I want to know, I'll answer any question you have, (Y/n). So amuse me for the time being, daughter." Vira said, looking deeply into (Y/n)'s obsidian eyes. "Have you been exposed to the truth? Can you finally see that which hides in plain sight?" At (Y/n)'s unresponsiveness, Vira frowned. Apparently, that's all she needed as an answer. "Not to worry, we'll have plenty of time to fix that. You'll be a wonderful asset to the Yiga, no doubt, but all in due time. First, we have to work on your atrocious mannerisms."

The longer (Y/n) stared straight into her mother's eyes everything clicked into its rightful place. She wasn't going to be dying anytime soon. No, this was all part of a bigger agenda, and somehow, Kane fit in there somewhere. "Wherever you think you'll be taking me to help the Yiga, whatever your plan is to get me to release the power of the Celestial Warrior, I won't let it happen."

A scowl was mutually shared between mother and daughter for two very different reasons, and Vira grasped (Y/n)'s chin, her eyes exposing her seriousness. "You know about the Celestial Warrior, congratulations. It took you fifteen years, but who's counting? Either way, you don't get a choice in this. You'll be coming with me whether you want to or not, it's not up for discussion. So, be a dear, shut your mouth, and know your place."

Standing back to her full height, Vira turned away from (Y/n), approaching the door but staying within the borders of the cell.

(Y/n)'s body froze, her brain replaying those condescending words on constant repeat until she was oblivious of her lips moving on their own accord.

"Know my place?" She asked calmly, voice hushed by the sheer chill lacing her words. "Why would I do that when I've gone my whole life doubting my very existence."

"As you should-"

"Every single day," (Y/n) continued brusquely. "I would sit in my dull, oppressive room and stare at the awakening dawn, contemplating the hellish torment I've been subjected to over the years. Do you know the repercussions that had on me, on my conscious? I've always been thinking of how I could fix what was ruined beyond repair. What I could do to fix myself."

"That's nice, dear-"

"Why me? I questioned over and over and over repeatedly. Those two simple words leaving a resentful taste upon my tongue, allowing my blood to burn hot with an acid so bitter and poisonous, I knew nothing would quench my desire for justice until I watched the evil in this world beg at the mercy of my wrath."

(Y/n) raised her obsidian eyes, expression eerily placid as she looked at the the woman who boldly stood with her back completely open to the younger girl.

As if feeling the gaze of her chained daughter, Vira's posture stiffened tremendously, the air stilling at the rising ire.

I can't let this go on. Not again. I won't turn a blind eye to Vira's ruthlessness. Whether my decision shall be my demise, or I get tangled in a path of destruction, I'll finally be following my own destiny. Nevertheless, I cannot afford to waver – for it is my duty to be the pillar supporting what crumbles helplessly around me. From here on out, my fate is designed by my will and mine alone. Today, this godforsaken chapter of my life officially ends.

An unfamiliar, gentle presence nagged at the back of her thoughts, tugging to gain her undivided attention. (Y/n) was then drawn to the sword, her sword, strapped safely to Vira's back. Like a film being erased from (Y/n)'s eyes, the place where the onyx stone once occupied a part of her sword was replaced by a lone, crimson eye made of the same mineral. The sclera was a platinum color like the wings of the sword.

'It has been ages, my dear Celestial Warrior. Your resolution and commitment has shattered the lock to what hindered your progress to releasing your power. The time has arrived.' A soft, masculine voice echoed in her head.

(Y/n) kept a watchful eye on Vira, but the woman gave no notion that she heard the voice. 'You. . . Who exactly are you?' She asked hesitantly.

'I am but a simple guide meant to aid you throughout your journey. Are you ready? Once you give me an answer to the question I am about to ask, there will be no returning to your old life.'

'My sword? This is impossible.'

'In a world like ours, there is no such thing as impossible. So, I shall ask once more. How do you wish to proceed?'

It was odd feeling such profound trust when she had no idea who this could be, but it overtook any rational part of her the second he began talking. So, (Y/n) didn't think twice. 'I choose to accept what has been graciously offered to me.'

A pause. '. . . I see not much has changed. It gives me great joy to be under your command once again, Milady. Forgive me, but this may hurt.'

(Y/n) barely had seconds to wonder what the voice meant before insufferable agony seared into the skin of her wrists. A scream rose in her throat, but nothing came out, any noise stolen by the unrestricted severity imposed upon her weakened body. (Y/n)'s nerves screamed for her, scorching hot and spazzing from the intolerable pain, her limbs were numb, and her flesh felt as if it were melting off her aching bones. Her vision came and went as whatever produced the pain stopped moments after it started, but in a bizarre twist, she was refreshed more than anything. Unstoppable.

Peering at her hands, (Y/n) sucked in an amazed breath upon seeing the jet-black engravings of two identical tattoos painted onto her wrists, the gashes almost fully healed. The swirling design looped into what she recognized as a similar rendition of the Sheikah crest, but what also used to be her bracelets. They had somehow absorbed into her skin. Saying she was shocked would be an understatement.

(Y/n) called out to the voice in her head. 'It's rare for me not too understand what's going on, but right now, I need to know. What am I supposed to do from here?'

'Such a loaded question from one so young. . . Though, I sense this life has not been kind to you. I shall tell you. You must kill the doubt lingering within you, shed all worldly feelings hindering your mind from witnessing the truth behind the lies, and rise from the blood and ashes of the old you. From this day forth, you will awaken the blood of your ancestors and overcome the obstacles restraining your true potential whatever they may be. Cross the line you have been teetering on the edge of for so long. Milady, it is time to become who you are destined to be.'

She took the mysterious man's advice. It was time to rid herself of what was holding her back. She was done being pushed around. "But, you know, I think you're right. I should forget the past and know my place." (Y/n) angled her arms in a safe position before wrenching them apart and breaking her chains. She was ready to put an end to all of this once and for all. Although, one last thing was bugging her.

'Who am I destined to be?' Was her question for the male voice, but he was quiet.

Ignorant of everything that had transpired between her daughter and the strange voice, Vira spun back around upon hearing the metal split. (Y/n) was setting herself free.

Vira dropped her torch, the flames sputtering weakly to stay lit. "What are you-"

Their eyes connected, and (Y/n) knew the fire in her eyes blazed uncontrollably. "My place," she snarked, "is to take my position as the Celestial Warrior of this kingdom. What better way to start my job than to abolish one of its more notable threats."

(Y/n) took a menacing step forward, and Vira took one back, the woman noticeably uneasy, sensing the substantial change in the young girl. The mother and daughter duo measured each other up with their eyes, a fight inevitable at this point.

"It pains me to know it had to come to this. I'm terribly sorry, daughter." Vira's eyes were blank and pitiless, letting (Y/n) know her words were indeed fake. Though something in her stance was. . . reluctant, like she was fighting an invisible foe.

(Y/n) disregarded that observation, unfaltering in her next movements. "I'm not sorry for anything, Vira." She firmly enunciated to get across her point that Vira was not her mother, and (Y/n) was not her daughter. Screw blood their blood relation, family was much more than that.

(Y/n) launched at the woman who was supposed to love her unconditionally, ready to face off against her most formidable adversary yet.

As (Y/n) and Vira locked in a fierce battle, the young Sheikah girl didn't hear her unknown companion wistfully murmuring an answer to her question from earlier.

'You are whoever you choose to be.'

★⊱ ▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃ ⊰★

Oh boi. Lots and lots of things were revealed. Can you believe you aren't actually Purah and Impa's younger sister? You were given a mission to kill Zelda, Link, and the Champions, but can you guess why? Yo mama has shown up when she's supposed to be DEAD.

Kane is still being an idiot, but what's new?? How do you guys like the nickname (Y/n)/you gave him? I thought it was pretty clever since cane sugar is a thing, his name is Kane, and his personality/attitude is anything but sweet. Expect more interesting things to come from their very frayed relationship.

And finally, we finally know what (Y/n)'s sword looks like and its name! What's up with the voice (Y/n) heard? I wonder~ All will be revealed soon enough!

For reference: the sacred blade of equity and divinity, Divine Sword, or aka (Y/n)'s sword. Pretty cool, isn't it?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

67.1K 2.3K 25
✥ W h e n t h e r e i s l i f e , t h e r e i s d e a t h ✥ - UNDER EDITING - It was back then at the time of the Goddesses when she was b...
6.4K 161 62
Time has passed. Hyrule is getting rebuilt. Zelda on the other hand is not quite sure what to do. She is no longer a princess, She's a queen with res...
9.6K 224 36
The title is basically self-explanatory. These are just some of my thoughts and opinions on Zelda. I created some one-shots to put in here too. One-s...
318K 8.1K 49
Contains spoilers - gender neutral MC One hundred years ago, you took part in a prophecy of old. Having being gifted the ability to hear the voice of...