THE GOOD SISTER

By ANNwithnoE

Richard Faulkner, Jr. and Madeline "Dei" Mendez have been best friends since college, with a hint of somethi... More

Chapter 1 - Ampersand
Chapter 2 - Ellipsis
Chapter 3 - Sidebar
Chapter 4 - Backslash
Chapter 5 - Flush
Chapter 6 - Dagger
Chapter 7 - Justify
Chapter 8 - Leading
Chapter 9 - Typo
Chapter 10 - Corrigendum
Chapter 11 - Rough
Chapter 12 - Stet
Chapter 13 - Callout
Chapter 14 - Kerning
Chapter 15 - Bracket
Chapter 16 - Bold
Chapter 17 - Flag
Chapter 18 - Footer
Chapter 19 - Proof
Chapter 20 - Uppercase
Chapter 21 - Subhead
Chapter 22 - Manuscript
Chapter 23 - Legend
Chapter 25 - Caption
Chapter 26 - Face
Chapter 26B - Face to Face
Chapter 27 - Full Measure
Disruption
Chapter 28 - Display
Chapter 29 - Hyphenation
Chapter 30 - Headline
Chapter 31 - Apostrophe
Chapter 32 - Justify
Chapter 33 - Italics
Chapter 34 - Cross-Reference
Chapter 35 - Abstract
Chapter 36 - Margin
Chapter 37 - Flush and Hang
Chapter 38 - Brace
Chapter 39 - Dead Copy
Chapter 40 - Citation
Chapter 41 - Hard Copy
Chapter 42 - All Caps
Chapter 43 - Edit
Chapter 44 - Quote Unquote
How are you guys?

Chapter 24 - Bubble

3.8K 373 61
By ANNwithnoE

Hi there, friends. Ugh, not feeling well. Got drenched from the rain yesterday and now I'm feeling light-headed. Kaya yung chapter now is light lang, hahahaha. 

Let's check on Kat and Inigo, ang kulit nila in my mind, so pagbigyan natin.Friendships sometimes start on the wrong foot but know what? Those are usually the most lasting friendships ever. 

I had a gym buddy who got pissed off with me because I did not lend her the hair blower because I was next to use it, and she needed it because her call time was earlier. I didn't know her yet then but when we became friends, we hit it off really well. Now she is more than a friend, she's like a sister to me.

So Kat and Inigo started out on the wrong foot. But let's see where it leads them, here in this chapter. Enjoy guys, weekend na ulit bukas. Woohoo :)

Kat walked into the offices of Focal Point, excited to share her news. Dei had just given her a copy of Richard's edited manuscript and shared her plans for surprising Richard. She suggested that they split the surprise, though. Let him see the published book on Christmas, then they can surprise him together for the filming of the book. She felt it in her bones, it was a good material, and it would be approved.

If her management wanted her to star in an indie film, then by all means, she should get to pic the material for it. Dei already started to work on the screenplay and promised to get it done in two weeks' time. She had to do it in secret, in between the edits of Richard's two other novels. It was a blessing in disguise that Richard was away doing promos for his current book, attending book fairs in several states in the US. It gave her and Dei time to work on the screenplay together.

It was weird that she and Richard still haven't had the time to see each other face-to-face. They came back from Evanston two months ago, but she was busy filming for her TV series in Vigan, and by the time she got back, he was off to Hawaii for his book fair.

She entered the President's office and found him talking to someone familiar, a person she did not look forward to seeing again. It was the asshole himself, Inigo Sandejas.

"Good morning Boss Eddie," She airkissed Eddie Flores on the cheek and sat across Inigo. She was wearing white shorts, a beige tank top and a darker beige cover-up. Inigo looked up at her, his gaze traveling down from her face, momentarily stopping at her low neckline and proceeded to go south.

"What is this turd doing here? Sir, I don't want to work with him, ngayon pa lang sinasabi ko na sayo."

"Kat, pipe down, let's talk like civilized adults. Inigo told me about what happened."

Kat felt her face flame with the memory. She wondered what exactly Inigo told Eddie and hoped he did not narrate the whole incident. There were a few.......ahem, embarrassing details that she hoped he did not divulge.

"Really huh, what exactly did he tell you? I bet he told you a version to his favor and made me look the bitch. That would be classic Inigo style wouldn't it?"

"What are you talking about, Kat? He said he insulted you and he's sorry about it. He had a few drinks that loosened his tongue, he let the alcohol get in the way. It happens."

"And then?"

"Anong and then? Bakit, may nangyari pa ba bukod doon?"

She looked at Inigo who was trying hard not to smile.

Putanginang 'to talaga. He always riles me. It doesn't help that he's looking damn good today.

"Bakit ka ba nandito? What do you want?"

"Kat! This is so unlike you. Why are you being so ungracious?"

"Boss, I've been a good girl. Hindi ako maarte sa set, I do my own stunts, I attend all workshops you ask me to. I kiss ass if needed. But I will definitely not work with this asshole, if that is why he's here. I can do an indie film with someone else, someone who understands the industry more than some know-it-all bastard who looks down on hardworking actors just because we have the misfortune of working only on TV shows. Excuse me and good day."

She walked out of the office and headed for the elevator, ready to call it a day. Just as she was inside the empty elevator, a strong arm stopped the door from closing and in walked Inigo. Fucking sheer luck that he caught up with her.

He pressed the emergency stop button as the elevator doors closed.

"I'd like to apologize for the things I said."

"Fine. Apology accepted. But I am NOT working with you."

"I'm not joining Cannes anymore."

"I don't care."

"Kat......I sincerely want to work with you. Not for the funding anymore."

She pressed the stop button again to get the elevator in motion.

"I don't really want to know, ok?"

"Talk to me please."

The elevator door opened and she walked towards the parking area. Stubbornly, she walked on like he wasn't there. He just silently followed, letting her walk ahead of him. She got into the car and so did he.

"Can't you take a hint? I'm trying with every fibre of my being not to hit you again. You made me so angry. You made me doubt myself again, after I have painstakingly worked on my self-worth for years. Years. You have no idea what I went through to get to where I am. All my hardships encapsulated in one night's worth of careless sweeping statements by a stranger who doesn't know shit about me. And yet, you are considered a man of good repute in the industry. So that means your observation is credible, right? So it must mean, I do suck."

Her voice shook and she felt like crying. Up until he said something that night, she was doing well. She had no acting awards yet, but she was up for a few nominations for her TV series. Why was she coming undone by his comments? Why did it matter so much that one person thought her work was superficially easy?

He was at a loss and so out of his element. If she was yelling and hysterical, he'd easily just get out of the car and leave. But she was talking in a sad voice, and she looked so defeated. When her tears fell, she impatiently wiped them away like a child would. It was endearing and painful at the same time. Helplessly, he took her in his arms.

He cradled her against his sturdy body that was surprisingly gentle. She hit him once in the arm, but found comfort with his embrace. The man was an enigma to her. He elicited extreme emotions from her, like that burst of anger she felt when he maligned her that night. Now he was making her heart flutter in a way she didn't like.

"I'm really sorry I misjudged you."

She disengaged from him and looked away, briefly wondering if her make-up was still ok.

"Kat........can we start over? Look at me."

He turned her face towards him.

"Stop crying na.......ang pula na ng ilong mo tuloy."

"Tangina ka talaga."

He laughed and pulled her in his arms again. She shoved him away.

"Teka nga ha, kanina ka pa eh. From basher a few nights ago to breezy real quick? Ano ka sinusuwerte?"

"What? I was trying to make you feel better."

"Gagu feel better mo mukha mo. Get out of my car."

"Kala ko friends na tayo eh."

"Pakyu."

"Sama ng bibig ng babaeng 'to."

"Inggo......I swear."

"Puh-lease.....it's Inigo."

"You sounded gay just now."

"That was intentional, pinapatawa lang kita. Seriously, friends?"

He extended his hand to her. Grudgingly she took it.

"Fine."

"So.........this is the part where I ask you out."

"Get out."

He stole a kiss from her and got out of the car quickly before she had a chance to manhandle him again.

Hay, this girl. He was in love.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

463K 16.7K 40
[The book is currently under high editing. Current chapter: Chapter 1] This isn't your typical business romance book you find with the sexy secretary...
1.8M 92.8K 107
Two people afraid of commitment are put together in a work-related assignment to try out the married life for three months. Will this experience chan...
91.8K 2K 28
Addisyn and Lavina Ryder are twins, but are completely opposites in character and physical features. While Lavina basks in her thin beauty, Addisyn i...
1M 19.1K 61
*COMPLETED* BOOK ONE OF THE FORESKELT SERIES (Trilogy One) Kiara Rivera has never been able to stand her brother's best friend, Damien Stone. Not w...