Incognito You

By thetornprincess

SPG WARNING: 🔥🔥🔥 Highest Rank : #1 in Rastro (5/11/2018) #1 in girltogirl (6/25/2018) #1 in gdc (1/12/201... More

Welcome To The Club
Keeping Distance
Wrestling With Cupid
Setting Things Straight
Falling Harder
Its Official
OCD
Fucklust
Jake Cyrus
Moaning The Night Away
Surprise
Detached
Toxic Love
In The Real World
Sinking Into Confusion
Happy To Be Wrong
Facing The Music
Unfortunate Reunion
Badass Doctor VS Hotshot Photographer
Lady Boss VS Beauty Queen
General Cleaning
Boss Battle
Aphrodisiac
Despedida Panty
Before It Explodes
A Year Without Rain
Moving Mountains
Getting Back On Track
Boss / Wife
I Love You As Always
Pulot Gata
Shit Happens
Meeting Halfway
A Bun In The Oven
Paglilihi Be Like
Hello Precious
Empty Spaces
Baby Stefanie
The Mother Versus The Wife
Busted
Always Be Our Baby
Final Authors Note
It's All Worth It

Long Overdue

6K 207 38
By thetornprincess

/'Our universe grants every soul a twin - a reflection of themselves - the kindred spirit - And no matter where they are or how far away they are from each other - even if they are in different dimensions, they will always find one another.
This is destiny; this is love.'
-Julie Dillon/

Rhian
I turn Erika's unit upside down, may hinahanap akong damit and its hitting my nerve dahil hindi ko makita.
We went to a dinner date last night, medyo late na kami natapos at tinatamad akong magdrive kaya dito na lang ako natulog sa unit niya. Im pretty sure it was with me last night, malamig ang panahon and i clearly remember bringing it along.
Sumandal ako sa dingding habang hinahagod ang mukha ko. Im on the point of crying when Erika walks in with groceries in both hands.
She's wearing the blue hoodie jacket i'd been looking for.

"What happened here babe?"

I look at her with dismay.

"Take that off please."

I point at the jacket, she place the groceries on the table and approach me for a hug pero umatras ako.

"Take it off Erika."

She looks confuse, hinawi niya ang buhok na nakasagabal sa kanyang mukha. At this point, she's trying to figure out what to do.

"Babe its just a jacket, i dont under...."

"I said take it off!!! Take-it-off!!! Tangina hindi kaba makaintindi."

Erika barely comprehend tagalog but she understands that im already pissed right now.
I grab my purse from the bed and pick my car key from the counter.
She takes off the jacket and hand it to me, tinupi ko ito ng maayos bago sinabit sa aking braso.

"Babe...Rhian..please...its just a jacket."

"I told you times before not to touch this one."

She shakes her head in annoyance, i take the jacket everywhere i go, its always inside my bag. I never allow her to touch it and she doesnt understand why, niether do i.

"What's with that fucking thing, your picking up a fight because of that shit."

I wind up the door and walk out, she followed me to the elevator. Medyo makati na ang pakiramdam ko sa suot kong dress since last night. I repeatedly hit the button.

"Babe wait, whats wrong with you?"

"You Erika, i told you to stay away from this thing but you just ugh....i need to go."

I walk in the elevator leaving her barefoot on the corridor.

--------------------------------------------

Glaiza
"Dont be hard on yourself Glaiza, oh.."

Alex hand me an ice cold beer, just the thing i needed.
We are chilling in this reggae bar in Tomas Morato, it was a devastating day for me. The girl we operated two weeks ago pass away this morning, i really prayed for her recovery but the head swelling was too much for her fragile body. I tried to revive her but there was limited options since we cannot go full swing due to her sensitive condition. Her mother cried on my shoulder, i can feel the grief and pain in every tear that falls from her face. It's not easy shaking that off.

"I dont know Alex, seguro dahil naging patient din ako dati kaya i understand how it feels to be on the other side."

I dig on my beer straight up, hindi man lang ako naubo. Talo ko pa ang heartbroken, natawa lang si Alex.
We talk about random things, head nurse na siya ngayon sa ibang hospital but we grew close since kami lang nagkakaintindihan sa kaweirdohan namin.
After 3 sets medyo loosen up na ang pakiramdam ko, malapit ang table namin sa cocktail bar and random girls keeps on throwing saultry glances at me. Im rocking a white casual blouse with skinny black jeans and a maroon high cut boots. I brush up my hair to finish off that heartbreaker persona.

"Feeling ko parang magsosolo na naman ako umuwe mamaya Glaiza, naglalandi na naman yang mga mata mo eh."

Pigil ang tawa ko sa statement ni Alex, sinisipat ko ang isang tisay sa gilid ng counter. She look seductive on her red shiny dress, weakness ko talaga ang color red.
I wink at her to officially start the flirting, she lopsidedly smile and turn her body to my direction.
It's gonna be a kinky night.

---------------------------------

Glaiza
Naalimpungatan ako sa kamay na yumayakap sa bewang ko. Sumilip ako sa bintana at mataas na ang araw, i check my watch, 9 in the morning.
I barely remember what happened last night. The room is screaming with pink , im pretty sure its not mine.
Inalis ko ang kamay na nakapulopot sa akin, damn my head is killing me. Dinampot ko ang mga damit sa sahig at tumakbo sa banyo.
Moments later, lumabas akong bihis tao na. Kinapa ko sa ilalim ng kama ang wallet, phone at susi ng kotse.
Sumandal ako sa dulo ng higaan para magsuot ng sapatos.

"Why the rush?"

Isang babaeng may nakakasilaw na kaputian ang bumangon sa kama, she's naked and she didnt bother covering herself. By the looks of it, hindi siya pure pinay.
Maang na ngiti lang ang ginanti ko sa tanong niya.

"You were great last night. By the way im Max, Max Collins."

I slid my wallet on the backpocket and brush my hair using my fingers.

"And im going. Thank you for last night."

I walk out her unit and spend the next hour looking for my car in the basement since i cant remember where i parked last night.

------------------------------------------

Rhian
I press the earpiece in position, im all pump up for tonight. If everything went well, my propose salary adjustment for my team will we implemented.
Its an hour before the registration opens and i gather my team backstage for a final huddle.

"Okay guys, we have everything on the line tonight, specially your salary adjustment."

They all laugh. I wanted to ease the pressure and stress that is silently choking us in the air.
Everyone was dashing ang gorgeous in their suit and gown. I myself take pride in my gown made by the top local designer in the country. Its hugging my body in all the right corners. I wear zero accesories to tame down the ranging glamour.

"I want everything to flow as smoothly as possible. Do i make myself clear?"

"Crystal Miss Rhian."

They answer in unison. Nagpulasan sila at pumuwesto sa kanya-kanyang assigned spot. I walk to the right side of the stage to survey the designs.

For some certain reasons, i feel something weird tonight.

It's as if something great is bound to happen.

----------------------------------

Glaiza
"Yes M, im trying to find me a spot in the parking. I'll see you. Bye."

A white SUV vacate a spot at the end of the driveway, i swiftly drive to secure the free space.
Damn i hate parties, everyone just seems to poker face their way to the night. I carefully crawl out of my car and take one last look at myself in my side mirror.
Im wearing a black dress with a long front slit, a simple earrings and a million dollar smile.

I make my way to the grand entrance, the motiff was gold which signifies wealth and power. Making my way to the reception area, i cant help but be amaze at the geometric chandelier hanging around which illuminates warm lights plus the blue cove lightings that adds a sense of class, the food was overflowing with choices of asean or british, each and everyone has dress to kill. Im on the rightmost corner of the reception.
For sure Megan is backstage preparing herself. I grab a wine glass half-filled with sangria.

Medyo weird ang gabing ito, parang may something.

Oh well, maybe its the wine.

---------------------------------

Rhian is standing at the left most corner of the venue while scanning some updates on her tablet. The show's about to start any minute from now. The background music fades off and she instantly roll her eyes as Taylor Swift's Love Story takes control of the speakers.

/ We were both young
When I first saw you
I close my eyes
And the flashback starts
I'm standing there on a
balcony in summer air /

Tumingin si Glaiza sa paligid. Napakarami ng tao and everyone seems to know everyone. Mas lalo tuloy siya na out-of-place. Nagtanong siya sa waiter kung saan ang daan papuntang ladies room and he point her to the leftmost side of the reception. The fastest way to get there is by the center of the dance floor.
Glaiza felt something weird with the song as she slowly walks through the crowd.

/ See the lights,
See the party, the ball gowns
See you make your way through
The crowd And say hello
Little did I know /

"Yes babe just show them the complimentary pass i gave you, okay see you."
Rhian surveys the place and everything seems to be as her team imagine it to be. She have this sensitive sense of smell and she looks around because she seems to smell a familiar scent.
'Wake up Rhian, its not hers'
She scold herself while shaking her head.

/ That you were Romeo,
You were throwing pebbles
And my daddy said,
"Stay away from Juliet"
And I was crying on the staircase Begging you, please, don't go /

Glaiza manouver her way to the center of the dance floor she got stuck in between random people exchanging civil gestures. She scratch her nape while grinning.

/ And I said, "Romeo,
Take me somewhere we can be alone
I'll be waiting, all that's left to do is run
You'll be the prince and
I'll be the princess
It's a love story,
baby just say yes" /

Nagpalingon lingon si Rhian, the scent seems to be stronger than it was a minute ago. Marami na ang tao and for all she knows the scent might belong to someone else.
She gracefully walk to the center of the dance floor, the gown mimic her every movement. She keeps on following the direction of that specific scent.

/ So I sneak out to the garden to see you
We keep quiet 'cause
We're dead if they knew
So close your eyes,
Escape this town for a little while /

Finally Glaiza saw an opening and squeeze herself through the crowd when........'oh my God'.
She said to herself, a familiar face from the opposite side of the dance floor caugh her attention. The girl seems to be looking for something. Glaiza felt every part of her body turn cold but her heart is beating as fast as ever.

/ 'Cause you were Romeo,
I was a scarlet letter
And my daddy said
"Stay away from Juliet"
But you were everything to me,
I was begging you,
Please, don't go
And I said Romeo take me somewhere we can be alone
I'll be waiting, all there's left to do is run
You'll be the prince and
I'll be the princess
It's a love story baby just say yes /

This time Rhian is sure that its really the scent she recognize. The dance floor was filled with invited A-List guest. Her eyes seems to be playing tricks on her because she thought she saw someone deeply familiar on the other side of the reception.
'Oh my God', her eyes not playing games on her because its really her in a simple yet glamorous black dress. She's already looking at her and from that moment they look eye to eye as if they're the only people on the planet.
/ Romeo save me,
They're trying to tell me how to feel
This love is difficult, but it's real
Don't be afraid, we'll make it out of this mess
It's a love story, baby just say "Yes" /

They move closer to each other and every single details seem to be in slow motion.
Rhian gorgeously walk closer as the shiny glitters from her dress sparkle against the ray of lights, her blonde hair makes her more of a goddess than she already is.
Glaiza walks close while her hair sway with her movement. She looks so simple yet so beautiful.

/ Oh, oh I got tired of waiting Wondering if you were ever coming around
My faith in you was fading
When I met you on the outskirts of town
And I said "Romeo save me,
I've been feeling so alone
I keep waiting for you but you never come
Is this in my head?
I don't know what to think"
He knelt to the ground and
Pulled out a ring and said
"Marry me, Juliet, you'll never have to be alone
I love you and that's all I really know
I talked to your dad,
Go pick out a white dress
It's a love story, baby just say yes" /

They are standing 10 feet from each other. Glaiza was the first to smile while Rhian was just looking at her like she seen a ghost.
They look in each others eye, in each others soul. Both of them cant understand the crazy beating of their heart, the repeated gasping for air, the surreal emotion that they believe they have forgotten, after all this time they still have the same effect to one another.
This moment was 10 years in the making. Everything flash back in their eyes like it all happened yesterday.
They look at each other as if memorizing the others details. They're smiling like idiots.
Rhian held her chest because the rapid beating was something she havent experience for the last decade.
Glaiza felt a sting of longing in her heart, a void that was never filled by Megan or any other girls she share the bed with.

Both of them walk closer and with an arms length, all they can hear is the beating of each others heart, they beat in complete unison.

After 10 years, they're alive again.

/ 'Cause we were both young when I first saw you. /

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

816K 30.4K 54
Status: UNDER REVISION Tahimik. Payapa. Walang gulo. Ganiyan maituturing ang buhay ni Niana Jillian "Naji" Alcayde; bantering with her older brother...
108M 2.3M 100
Now published under Pop Fiction, an imprint of Summit Books. P195, Taglish Part 1 Theirs is a story that started all wrong. Naglayas si Gail sa bahay...
121K 4.5K 43
Is it worth it to invest feeling to someone who never appreciate your existence? On-going
180K 5.4K 97
Two opposite worlds come together. How will they establish harmony after their initial encounter was unfavorable? Would you be open to befriending so...