Loyalty Girl

By ivyblackbae

"The world isn't fair. You can lose and gain everything in a second. Learn how to care and appreciate"... More

2. Family
3. Sisterhood
4.Homies
5 Neighbours

1. Newbies.

169 17 12
By ivyblackbae

"There they come." I said over the pretty butterflies in my stomach. Its like am the one getting admitted into high school. "Who are coming? " my friend Alia asks as if she cant see them.

I slap my hand on my forehead. She really didn't look interested. " The newbies,duh!"

"ohhhh! Yeah, didn't see that coming," she said looking rather bored. Why was she pulling that face on me? It was the first day of the newbies and we the senior got to pick one so that you can show her the around the school.

Almost forgot, sorry, am Cooky. This is luster high school. Am in my fourth year almost finishing , yay, my heart always does a small dance when i remember that. Today is rather sunny. My friend ,Alia, and I are hanging out, waiting for all the newbies to arrive.

I can't wait to meet them, although am kinda shy I wont talk to most of them. Alia is the talkative one, well, she is a Muslim so she gets a lot of attention, since she's among the few in our school.

"Am going to say hi," I  say jumping up and down like a child. But the expression on her face makes me shudder.

"What's wrong with you today? Aren't you happy the newbies are here?"

She sends me a side smirk and says"I am. Who isn't? " 

She then rolled her eyes to the side. My mind almost exploded, what did she just do to me.
Being a good friend I ignored that." Okay, then lets go say hey, "

I start pulling her down the flight of stairs. I never new she was this heavy, i was struggling to make her move an inch. But she was just a slender shape like mine, we are almost twins i should say.

"NO!... Please don't make me go say hi. " she said like she wanted to break into tears. "Why? We can make new friends. Maybe there is a new Muslim. Please lets go. Please ...with cherry sprinkles on top," am seriously trying to pull my puppy eyes face right now.

Why is she being so difficult today? Normally just one please did the work. Am not going there with out her so ill pull her until she goes with me or i pull out her arm. Of course that cannot happen.

"Okay!  Okay am going . What does it take for you to get to understand a no. Am going just because you are my bestie."
Awww that was so sweet. But seriously today she is acting weird.

As we are reaching the ground floor, the bell goes. What! Time is up, really why is the world so mean. I turn to face Alia just to see a small happy smile dancing on her face." Now you are happy,"

"Yes I am, why shouldn't i? I just saved myself a whole lot of energy. Plus why do you want to say hi to newbies, you are shy, right? " I nod my head in approval but what is she heading to."Yeah , you are famous but the newbies are just newbies. Bye."
She says climbing up the stairs to her class.

Did she just leave me in suspense?Alia and I were in different grades so we had different classes. I was older than her. By only one grade in front of her. She just admitted to me she didn't want to met the newbies. She was always the 'hello am me and you are' girl. Why was she different today?

I look at my watch then look up again,I realise that am the only one in the corridors. I really don't want to get in trouble with the teacher on duty so i rush down the corridors to my class. I make a lot of noise with my leather shoes. In our school everyone has to wear uniform. Its not bad really, it make us look neat and tidy. We also love it makes us stand out from the rest of the other high school.

At my classroom door step am met with my biology teacher in class. Oh! No am late for class. This is not going to be good day. Why did it have to be biology?Genuinely i like that subject, so my grades were not at there best behaviour, earning me a dislike from my teacher.

"Cooky, you are late for my class again." Actually that's not true. This was the first
time am late for my biology class. But he had to make dramatic. I roll my eyes to the side, hopefully he didn't see that. "Were you, maybe, baking some cookies for the class? " He said sounding sarcastic. I was not surprised he didn't like me.

The class roars in laughter, this is so embracing. I could feel my face flush red, thanks to my beautiful pigment its not that visible. "Get in! Next time bring some to class," seriously I am not a cook. Yeah that was all said in my mind I don't want to get myself into trouble. I could still hear some giggles from the back of the class. It just hits my mind that I am going to be the next hot topic after this.

As reach my desk, I slowly remove my biology book and pretend to be really paying attention. This lesson is dead boring but what gives, am almost finishing school. Only one more year and am never doing this subject again.

Then suddenly , I feel a tap on my back. I slowly turn around, to meet my eyes, with my friend caty. She gives me a sign, our friendship signal. It's a really funny sign.
She winks then places her thumb in her mouth wiggling the rest of her fingers around.

That meant , lets meet after the long lesson. I simply replied by putting up a thumbs up. "Mind sharing to the class what you are doing cooky," ohh no, not again Mr luka, the biology teacher jus caught me in another bad act. Can this day get any better? This will surely get me kicked out of class.
Just when i think am done for, the bell rings.

Today that bell has put me in problem and saved me too. Thank you, wishing stars. That lesson was now over. But the determined look on Mr. Luka's face reads ' am still waiting'. I can feel a thousand butterflies having a party in my stomach as his eyes pierce into me.

" Have a good day class, especially you Cooky. " with two large steps he heads out of class. Did he just mention me in his closing remarks? Just when i thought my class had been horrible , Mario the class comedian stands up and starts singing, "its gonna be cooky with cookies in biology with Luka so shout.... Ohhhh Yeah yeah! ". Yeah it just got worse. The whole class starts to sing along. Oh my, why today? People are laughing and making fun, i don't mind but it's just that am not used to much attention.
Just to avoid the mockery i lay my head on my desk, and am draw to a sleep immediately.

The noise of people banging their desks wakes me up. " Good morning class?" who was that? My eyes were still glued to each other. How long was i out? My desk mate looks preoccupied , looking for her book. Am so lucky Mr Adams didn't see me sleep. It was the maths lesson , yay! I remove my book.
"Today we are doing.... " he says, i suddenly lost concentration. I hear my stomach growl. What time is it, i should not be hungry. Its 11 am. Did i miss the tea break? Well that explains my hunger. Why didn't my desk mate wake me up. I am so going to have a serious talk with her about that, after class. But that's what desk mates are for, that's why she sits next to me. And everyone has a partner.

Mathematics went on, then came my free lesson. Its almost lunch time thank you heavens am super hungry. When the lunch bell goes I head to the cafeteria . After picking my lunch i go into the dinning hall. I look around, am among the top twenty people in the dinning hall.

The girls in our school don't like food. All they say is, 'i wanna keep fit' for me i don't care. I always eat but am still slender am starting to think am dying. Nevertheless since today is a spaghetti day am sure most girls will come.

Since our school is a girl school, we are orderly. Unlike boys high school. I am so deep in thought that i didn't realise Alia and Caty had joined me at the table. "Hello, earth to Cooky! What are you thinking about ? You look really lost." Caty says will throwing in a meatball into her mouth.
" Am sure she is thinking about, the cute boy she met during the science fair, " Alia says as she giggles, shoving me a bit to the side.

" What in the heavens made you think about that i would be thinking about Tobias, " i slapped my mouth with my hand, when i realised i just mentioned his name. This is going to earn me a painful one.
" What his name is Tobias? Awww am sure you guys exchanged numbers too. " Caty says. Duh! Of course we did but i don't want to say that out loud. Its a bit shameful.

" Lets just skip the story please, I already have butterflies in my belly, i don't want to have moths too, " I say looking rather serious. I want to burst out and laugh at the expression on their faces." The expression on your faces is priceless, " I got them good.
"Hey," they say in unison.

Author 's note
Hey guys 😊 hope you are liking the book. Please vote
I'll have questions for you after every chapter. Have fun.
1. Who is your favourite character until now?
2. What do you think is Alia' s problem?

✴️✴️✴️ follow me in instagram at ibaeblack for more talking✴️✴️✴️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

47.8K 3.1K 26
|ongoing| Ivana grew up alone. She was alone since the day she was born and she was sure she would also die alone. Without anyone by her side she str...
4.1M 88.3K 62
•[COMPLETED]• Book-1 of Costello series. Valentina is a free spirited bubbly girl who can sometimes be very annoyingly kind and sometimes just.. anno...
17.1M 656K 64
Bitmiş nefesi, biraz kırılgan sesi, Mavilikleri buz tutmuş, Elleri nasırlı, Gözleri gözlerime kenetli; "İyi ki girdin hayatıma." Diyor. Ellerim eller...
95.7K 332 13
As the title says