Thirteen Different Stories (S...

By kyla_donghae

What if Super Junior had encounter special girls that had a really big place in their lives? Here are thirtee... More

Thirteen Different Stories
Story #1: Siwon's Story
Story #2: Leeteuk's Story
Story #3: Heechul's Story
Story #4: Hangeng's Story
Story #5: Yesung's Story
Story #7: Shindong's Story
Story #8: Sungmin's Story
Story #9: Eunhyuk's Story
Story #10: Donghae's Story
Story #10: Donghae's Story (Part 2)
20 Facts About The Author
A Special Story: Henry's Story
A Special Story: Zhoumi's Story
Story #11: Ryeowook's Story
Story #12: Kibum's Story
Story #13: Kyuhyun's Story

Story #6: Kangin's Story

1.6K 54 28
By kyla_donghae

Story #6: Kangin's Story

It was a typical Sunday when Kangin decided to take a stroll around the city. Super Junior had been very busy lately and their schedules were tight that they haven't take a long rest for a while. Kangin thought that he could breathe in some fresh air and relax himself first before doing his duties as an idol.

It was 6:00 in the morning and he felt the warm of the sun as it rises. While walking, he looked at the sunrise that was a little visible from his view; and it nearly took his breath away. It was very relaxing to watch. But he also thought, which was more beautiful to watch? The sunrise? Or the sunset?

Soon, he passed by a mini-playground when he saw that it was empty.. except for a girl sitting on a swing. The girl's head is bowed down, making her long hair cover her face. Her shoulders rested on her knees which were far apart from each other while her hands are clutched together. Kangin also noticed that the girl was wearing... pajamas?? Well, it also looked like what patients wear at the hospital. Either way, why was she wearing that?

Kangin stopped and out of curiosity, his feet were suddenly walking towards her. He crouched down in front of the girl as he tried to look at her face. He wanted to mutter a word but he couldn't. Tongue-tied? Pretty much. But he didn't know why. Maybe because he couldn't disturb a girl having a peace of mind?

On the other hand, Anne's eyes were shut tightly. She was thinking and was giving herself a peace of mind. Her life hasn't been peaceful for a while. She needed to take some rest. She wanted to make herself happy, even for the last time. She's not happy with her life even though she tried her best to be happy. But.. she hoped that even for just today, she'll be happy.

Her concentration broke when Anne felt someone's stare. She opened her eyes slowly and was taken aback when she saw someone already in front of her. She almost fell in surprise but Kangin quickly grabbed her arm and helped her to regain balance.

"U-Uh.. Thanks?" she said in a question.

"What are you doing here, miss?" Kangin asked out of curiosity.

"Huh?"

"Where have you been? And why are you wearing pajamas?" Kangin's question made her confuse as she looked at her clothes.

"Pajamas?" When she realized what Kangin was talking about, she started to burst out laughing.

There was a question mark on Kangin's head. Why was she laughing? "What's so funny?"

"Pajamas.. pfft.." Anne tried hard to surpress from laughing again.

"Are you laughing at yourself for realizing that you're wearing pajamas?" Kangin asked which made her laugh again like crazy.

What is going on with this girl? Kangin thought and was about to go when Anne took a hold of his shirt.

"W-Wait..." she said as she tried to calm herself down from laughing. She started to wipe the tears that were caused from her laughters and took a deep breath. "Whew.."

"You're crazy.." Kangin stated.

"Maybe," she replied with a smile, which made Kangin raise an eyebrow.

"Sorry for laughing that hard.. I haven't laughed like that for years. Thank you," she smiled again. And it seemed like it kind of affected Kangin. When he saw her smile, it was like he had the will to protect her. When he looked into her eyes, there were sadness in it and he wanted to take it away from her. He felt.. weird.

"Hey, are you okay?" Anne asked, snapping him back to reality.

"Uhh.." he grabbed a hold of himself before answering. "Of course I am! The question is, are you okay? Why are you here all alone anyway?"

Anne just smiled and didn't answer Kangin's question. "How about you treat me some ice cream?"

"What? Hey, wait!!" Before Kangin could even protest, Anne dragged him to the nearest ice cream parlor they could find.

--

"This is really great!! I could eat this all day!" Anne exclaimed while digging on her third order of choco-vanilla ice cream. People were staring at them, not just because Anne was eating the ice cream mercifully like there's no tomorrow, but because she was wearing "pajamas".

Kangin sank to his seat as he put on some cap and sunglasses so that no one would recognize him. He wouldn't want someone to see him with a girl like her. She had ice cream all over her lips, and she even has some on her cheeks!

When she was done, she looked up to Kangin, whose face was all scrunched up. "Can I order more?" Her eyes sparkled as she thought of eating more delicious ice cream.

"Are you kidding me?? That's your third order!" he whispered angrily.

"I know! And I want more!"

"No. N.O. And no means NO," Kangin emphasized as he sigh with crossed arms. Anne pouted sadly.

"Oh, and please clean your face," Kangin threw some tissue near her. Anne picked up the tissue confusedly.

"What should I do with this?" she asked innocently.

Out of frustration, Kangin took the tissue and wiped her cheeks and lips himself. Anne got surprised when he did. And when Kangin realized what he was doing, both of them blushed. Kangin leaned back to his seat as he look away.

"U-Uhh.."

"Hmm.. I-I think maybe we should return to the playground," Anne said, breaking the awkward atmosphere that was surrounding them.

Kangin cocked an eyebrow, looking at her. "Do you live in that playground?"

"What?"

"Shouldn't you be going home? I mean, I found you there and you still want to return there?"

Anne chuckled before answering. "I just wanted to play, you know. But I didn't have time to play earlier since you came."

"What? But you were the one who dragged me here!" Kangin blurted.

"I know," she smiled. "So that's why, let's go!" And with that, she started to drag Kangin again, like how she did earlier. But why did Kangin let himself be dragged by her anyway?

--

"Yey! Let's play!" Anne shouted happily as she scoot down the slide, laughing.

"Tss.. you're just like a kid," Kangin muttered which made Anne frown.

"So? I wanna have fun, you know. I want to create childhood memories!" she said excitedly as soon as she went back up and slided again.

"Childhood memories? Don't you have childhood memories?" Kangin asked.

Anne shook her head. "I have but.. those weren't good memories. You see, I don't have a father. And my mother doesn't really care about me. So I was taken in by my grandparents. But they died soon. So I raised myself in a..."

Kangin wondered why she suddenly became lonely and stopped her sentence. "In a.. what?"

She soon snapped back to reality and gave Kangin a smile. "Know what? Let's not talk about this, and just have fun!"

Anne grabbed the monkey bars and started to play. She was already halfway towards the last end when unexpectedly, her hand slipped and she fell down. Luckily, Kangin had good reflexes and he got the perfect time to catch her in his arms.

"See?? Playgrounds are not for adults. You can't even play!" Kangin scolded.

Anne let out a teasing smile before saying, "You're just afraid to play, aren't you?"

"What?!" Kangin asked incedulously as he put her down.

"You know, only strong persons can play on monkey bars," Anne continued.

"Then does that mean you're not strong?" Kangin fought back.

"No way! I'm the strongest woman alive!" Anne said proudly, hands on hips, which made Kangin snort.

"You? You can't even finish it!"

"Just admit that you're scared and not strong enough to play the monkey bars," Anne smirked at Kangin. Clearly, she was just using reverse psychology on him just to make him play.

"Are you kidding me?? I'm Super Junior's Kangin, the strongest and toughest in Korea!" he said as he climb up the monkey bars.

Anne smiled in success. "Wait.. did he say Super Junior? What's that? And his name is Kangin? How come I just known his name right now?" Anne thought as she laughed at herself.

"Hah! I did it," Kangin said, sticking his tongue out at Anne after finishing the monkey bars. "Now it's your turn, 'strongest woman alive'," he mocked her.

"I'm tired," Anne said, sitting on the swing to rest.

"What? But we just started!" Kangin sat on the swing beside her. But Anne didn't answer, instead she just swayed the swing back and forth. Kangin did so too. They got silent, and Kangin didn't want silence so he spoke.

"Hey.. umm.. what's you're name again?"

"Anne," she replied.

"Oh.. so Anne-ssi, do you know Super Junior?"

Anne stopped and looked at him. "Super Junior?" she asked then Kangin nodded. "Hmm.. I think I've heard it somewhere."

"You don't know Super Junior? Wow," Kangin laughed.

Anne's forehed creased as he laugh. "Is it my fault I'm not updated to anything anymore?"

"Yes," Kangin answered right away, chuckling, which made Anne pout.

"I'm one of the members of that group. My real name's Kim Youngwoon. But they gave me the stage name Kangin because I'm strong," he boasted.

Anne snorted. "I'm stronger than you. I can face everything."

"Dream on, lady," he smirked.

"No really, I am!" Anne confidently said.

"Then how about a match of arm wrestling?" Kangin challenged.

"Hmm.. Maybe tomorrow. But by then, I'll really prove to you that I'm the strongest woman alive! You'll come back tomorrow here right?" Anne smiled.

He was supposed to say no since he had schedules to do. But seeing her smile like that, he couldn't decline. "O-Of course."

Silence engulfed again. They stared at the sky and noticed that the sun was going down. What a great day.. Kangin saw the sunrise, and now the sunset.

"Woah~" Anne uttered, amazed. Kangin looked at her face. She was really fascinated and Kangin liked how her eyes sparkle.

Kangin smiled as he returned his gaze back to the sunset. Now he knew the answer to his question earlier. Which was more beautiful to watch? The sunrise? Or the sunset? Both of them are beautiful to watch. But it's more beautiful when you watch it with someone, 'cause that scene would be memorable.

"I'm glad I finally watched the sunset with somebody.." Anne turned to look at Kangin and their gazes met. "Thank you."

--

Kangin woke up a little late the next morning. Their meeting was supposed to be 7:00 am but it was already 15 minutes past that time. He took a very quick shower, dressed up and ran out of the dorm, ignoring the calls of his hyungs. Aish! Why do I have to wake up so late?

Finally, Kangin reached the playground though he was still panting. When he calmed down, he looked around but Anne was nowhere to be found. He walked around, hoping he would find her but she wasn't really there. Maybe she was still on her way? Maybe she'll come late too? Kangin doesn't know so he took a seat on the swing and tried to wait for her.

A few minutes passed by already and Anne still wasn't coming, so Kangin got worried. Was she safe? Did she get home safe? He remembered that yesterday, he offered to accompany Anne home but she rejected his offer and promised to be safe. But.. was she really safe?

When suddenly, --'s last words came to his mind. "When you won't find me here at the playground tomorrow, then look behind that tree."

Kangin asked her why but then again, she just smiled. Was she hiding there? Curiously, he went behind the tree, and was surprised to see a paper folded pinned to the tree. Kangin removed the pin and got the paper to read the letter inside.

"Kangin-ssi,

           I just wanted to thank you for making me happy even in the last moment of my life. I've never been truly happy. Remember? I lived alone. And as I was saying.. I raised myself in a hospital 'cause I was dying. I had a disease, and I didn't even bother to know what disease it is. I never had the chance to be truly happy until yesterday. I ate my favorite ice cream, played around the playground, and got to watch the sunset with you.. So thank you.. I am also sorry I got tired too easily yesterday that I can't play with you anymore. My body was getting weaker and weaker.. Luckily, I still had that strength to walk, eat, and play yesterday. And with your help in making me happy, I got better than ever.."

Unconciously, a tear fell from Kangin's eye.

"You're crying aren't you? HAHA! Weak :P I told you I was the strongest woman alive right? I said I could face anything.. and I did! I faced loneliness, pain, and even death. Believe me now? Haha! Yeah! I am the strongest woman!"

"Yes I'm crying, you babo-yah! (fool)," Kangin admitted out loud. "Happy now?? I'm weak, okay?" But he continued to read.

"If you really are crying, you are not weak. For me, guys who cries are the strongest persons. They're not afraid and have the courage to show their tears. Then that makes you the strongest person I know."

"Remember when you said I was wearing pajamas? HAHAHAHA! The truth is I was wearing hospital clothes. Doesn't look like it huh? You really made laugh.. And I haven't laughed like that ever. I ran away from the hospital to clear my mind and make myself happy before I die. And I also didn't want you to accompany me hom yesterday 'cause I promised myself that that day, I will not mention about my disease and I didn't want to mention that I came from a hospital. And sorry If I didn't know about you're group 'Super Junior".. I wasn't updated about the latests news and trends because what's the point of knowing them if I'll die anyway right?

"We just met but I felt really comfortable around you. I won't make this long now.. I consider you as a friend, and my only friend, can I do that? How about me? Am I your friend too? I hope so.. So, since I'm a friend, please do not forget about me. Thank you Kangin-ssi. I died, yes, but happily.

Sincerely,
Anne"

Kangin wiped his tears and wore a smile immediately. It never crossed his mind that Anne was already dying. But he was happy to meet her and be the reason of her smile, even for just the last time.

He looked at his watch, and it was already time to be doing his schedules so he went back to the dorm.

"Even though we hung out for just a day, I'll never forget you Anne."

---

A/N: Sorry about the ending.. I just wanted to try a different ending that's all XD But I still hope you liked it guys!

Waaaa~ I'm really receiving so much love right now that I don't know how to show my gratefulness (if there's such a word. HAHA! Mian! ^__^v) to everyone. THANK YOU SO MUCH! You don't know how much you guys made me happy.. I love you all! :*

Dedicated to her because of her comments.. HAHA! Thank you ^_^

~kyla<3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

281K 3.3K 67
"๐™๐™ค ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช ๐™ฌ๐™๐™–๐™ฉ ๐™ž๐™จ ๐™ก๐™ค๐™ซ๐™š?" ยฉsugarlysweeten warning - slow update
2.9K 165 19
Soyeon, was living the most normal life a university student could at Berkeley Heights. Until she came. Song Yuqi. The social butterfly that quickly...
59K 1.3K 37
23 year old, Kang y/n lives alone with her dad and little sister Eun Jae. Her mother died three years earlier and her dad is slowly starting to open...
19.1K 696 30
This is a story about a couple who decided to break apart after had a wonderful time together for years. And finally, they meet again. "Can we fix o...