Behind the Screen

By Shadyladies

Description Lilly Wilcher is a 35 year old highly regarded Administrative Assistant for a large New York C... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter 3
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter 7
Chapter Eight
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter Twelve
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25

Chapter 16

2.6K 70 34
By Shadyladies

I head back to my room ecstatic that Lily agreed to at least spend some time with me this weekend. I walk into my room and plop down on one the chairs and think about calling Denaun and Royce but think better of it, I know I will call Alania, she will be more level-headed. I chuckle to myself thinking a 16-year-old girl is more level-headed then grown ass men.

She answers quickly, "Hey Unc, how was the show?"

"Good baby, how are you doing?"

"Great! It is Friday so I have the weekend ahead" I can feel her smile through the phone.

"Listen, Laney, remember the girl you were helping me talk to?"

"Yeah Lilly right?"

"Well I invited her to the show and I sorta let her know who she was talking to"

"WHAT!" Laney yells I pull the phone away from my ear, Damn. "Oh my God Unc, how did it go? How is she, is she the same in person?"

"Whoa, hold on, I can't think with that many questions thrown at me" I laugh. "She is more beautiful and sweet in person than I'd imagined. She was kinda taken about by the entire Eminem thing"

"But she is a fan?" Laney seemed confused.

"Yeah but not one of those types of fans" I laugh. "She agreed to spend some time with me tomorrow so I was wondering if you had any ideas, of things we could do?"

"Hmmm New Orleans is beautiful, why not a picnic or something?"

"A Picnic?"

"Yeah let me see what is there.." I can hear her clicking away at her keyboard, "Oh here is a nice place with a huge tree, it looks so romantic" she squeals a bit.

"Tree? Romantic?"

"Yeah Unc if you wanna win the girl over you have to be romantic, you can't just say "I like you" and drag her off to your cave" she laughs. "Ohh and maybe a ghost walk at night!"

"A Ghost walk?"

"Yeah you walk around and the tour guide points out all the haunted places and gives you the backstory, they are cool"

"You think she will like that?"

"Yeah walking, you hold her hand, cuddle her close if she gets scared, girls love that stuff"

So weird talking about romance with your 16-year-old daughter!

"Ok, I will follow your advice, just so you know I have a lot of faith in you that you know what will work" I sigh.

"It will work Unc, besides, you are you, one of the greatest guys I know she can't help but like you, and that has nothing to do with what you do for a living"

"Thanks, baby, I will let you go"

"Tell me what happens!"

I laugh into the phone. "I sure will Laney, thanks again, love you!"

"I love you too unc, and I can't wait to meet her!"

I then call down to Sam and run over my plans for tomorrow with him. He agrees to have the hotel staff prepare the picnic lunch for us and he will check out the location to make sure it is private.

Before laying down to try and sleep which I know will be impossible I send a quick text to Lilly.

To Lilly Pad: Dress comfortably for tomorrow we will be doing a lot of walking, sweet dreams baby.

From Lilly Pad: Thank you for the heads up, I was just fretting trying to figure out what to wear. Sweet dreams to you too Marsh.

I lay down with a smile on my face, I can't wait until tomorrow.

Lilly's POV

I wake up from what I am sure it only a couple of hours sleep. I am so excited to meet with P- I mean Marshall today. I still can't believe that all this time I was actually communicating with Marshall Mathers himself. I also can't believe how many clues there were that I just overlooked, how he would disappear around the same time Eminem was doing public appearances, the Michigan phone number, the divorce with three kids, and to top it off his voice. I always had a nagging feeling I had heard it before.

I feel like an idiot!

I was still debating over what to wear today, I know he said comfortable, but I still wanted to look nice. I finally decided on a pair of jeans, white top, and long yellow sweater. I was happy I decided to throw my pair of Nikes in when I packed. If we are going to be doing a lot of walking, I will need them.

Suddenly I heard a knock on my door, I walked over to see who it was and smiled hugely when I saw Marshall through the peephole.

I open the door with a smile. "Good morning"

"Good morning beautiful, did you sleep well?" he smiles back at me.

"Not really I was so nervous" I giggle.

Marshall smiles, " Same here"

"Come in" I move so he can enter the room.

"I hope you don't mind, I ordered breakfast up to your room" Marshall then states, while looking toward the floor, " I just wanted to you know to spend some time with you without a lot of people around."

"I don't mind at all" I smile, "Do you want to sit down? Do you know how long it will be before they bring breakfast?"I start to ramble and stop myself.

Marshall grabs my arm softly, "Lilly Pad, I know you think you have been talkin to a guy named Paul and maybe you are a bit nervous with all of this, but I am the same guy, my name is just Marshall, you don't have to be flustered around me, 'K"

I smile, "I know I really do, I just have to get used to you and get over the whole "OH MY GOD IT'S EMINEM!" I smile softly. "I really am not a groupie, but it is kinda unreal to have you standing in front of me, and to know that all this time the person I have been falling for is one of my idols you know"

"Really I am one of your idols?"

"Well yeah, you have just accomplished so much with so many odds against you. And how loyal you are to your friends, city, and children, I just admire that so much. Now to have actually spoken to you told you secrets I have not shared with anyone, to hear even more about the things you overcome and to know that you are even more amazing, it just kinda blows my mind" Now it is my turn to look down at the floor.

I suddenly feel Marshall's fingers on my chin, lifting my head up to look at him, his eyes are even more mesmerizing then I could imagine. "I think you are pretty amazing too baby"

I smile, he is so adorable. I think the connection I felt with him over the computer and phone is still there.

"Thank you" I smile softly.

"You blush so much, it is cute" he smiles at me. "Breakfast should be here soon, and yes I would love to sit down"

We make our way over to the sofa that is in the sitting area. I sit with my legs tucked underneath me, Marshall sits toward the middle of the sofa, not right under me but not too far away either. Maybe some of the tension is easing off I think to myself.

"I thought we would have a picnic today, down by the river, are you game?" he suddenly asked me.

"I think that would be lovely. I will bring my camera, I understand New Orleans is a lovely city"

"You never been here before?" Marshall asked.

"No I haven't really traveled much, just New York" I smile.

"Maybe you will let me change that Lilly Pad" Marshall strokes my hair and tucks a strand behind my ear. I again feel myself blushing. "You are so beautiful when you blush" he smiles.

"I am sorry, this is all just so new you know"

"I know baby"

Breakfast arrives and we sit down and gorge ourselves on pancakes, bacon, and fruit. Throughout breakfast, we talk and laugh just like we do on the phone. By the time we finish I feel like I am hanging with Marshall and not Eminem.

"So are we ready to walk off some of this food we ate" I smile.

"Hell ya, let's go Lilly Pad" Marshall places his arm around my waist to guide me to the door. I grab my things and we are off.

We soon arrive at a lovely park near the riverfront, Marshall leads us out of the car. "My security Sam will be around in case we need him, but not spying on us" he chuckles.

"I understand" I smile. We start to walk along the river bank and talk, Marshall reaches for my hand and I gently slide my hand into his as we walk. Again it feels just like when we spoke on the phone, Marshall will let me stop and take all the pictures I want, he even jumps in a few for me some serious and some acting like a goof, he even takes some with me in them.

"You're going to send me copies of these pictures Lilly Pad?" Marshall asked after he took the last picture.

"Of course Marsh" I smile.

"Marsh huh" he hands me back my camera, "you didn't give me a hug for the day yet" he smirks.

"A hug huh? " I can feel myself blush again. " I guess I can do that" I go in to hug him slipping my arms around his torso, he pulls me to him tightly much tighter than last night. He smells so good is my first thought as we break the hug.

"Ready to eat again?" Marshall asked. "I think it is all set up for us"

"Yes" I smile and we head over to the blanket laid out, Marshall pulls over the picnic basket and starts to take the food out. I start to laugh unintentionally.

"What girl?" he smirks.

"Sorry, this just reminded me of that skit you did a while back on MTV, where you walked around with a picnic basket looking for a friend" I giggle.

"Shit, you remember that that was fun to do, the people I walked up to had no idea" he chuckles. "It took me long enough to find someone to share it with me"

"I am honored to get the share this pickanick basket with you" I laugh.

"No one I would rather have here with me Lilly Pad" I again blush. Marshall takes finished taking out the food and we again dig in.

"You are going to think I am a pig or something as much as I have eaten" I laugh.

"Hell Nah girl, you eat what you want, your body is banging" he wiggles his eyebrows at me. I again giggle. "Royce and Denaun are going to want to meet you when we get back to the Hotel" He suddenly states.

"Really?" I asked shocked.

"Yeah they figured out I was talking to you and they have never let me live it down, always trying to give me advice" he laughed.

"So they were on the forum too"

"Yeah they were the Marky Mark fans"

"NO WAY!" I laugh, "you have got to be joking!"

"Nope and then when Y'all started ignoring them they came back as the chick that was hot for me" he laughed, "which was weird as fuck"

"I bet it was"

We continue to eat and talk, finally laying down on the blanket beside each other watching the clouds float by.

"I don't know when was the last time I ever took the time to do this" Marshall sighs.

"I can imagine, you have so much going on" I stated softly. "How did you ever make the time to talk to me?"

"I made the time Lilly because I wanted to talk to ya, talkin to ya kinda eased my mind if that made sense. Made me feel like myself ya know"

"I can understand, weird because talking to you made me feel alive in some strange way. I mean I have lived by myself for so long and it never bothered me, suddenly though I started to feel lonely when I wasn't talking to you"

"You don't have to feel lonely anymore Lilly Pad" Marshall states while brushing my hair out of my eyes. "I mean what I said baby, I am crazy about you, I want you to be mine"

"I am crazy about you too Marshall" I smile.

"Ya? So if I am crazy 'bout you and you are crazy 'bout me, can I get a kiss maybe?"

I again blush and smile. "Yes"

Marshall leans in and stops right before touching my lips, I can feel his warm breath so close to me, my heart speeds up and I lean in to touch my lips to his. At first, the kiss is sweet and gentle, Marshall licks my bottom lip which causes me to gasp a bit, he then slides his tongue into my mouth. I can't help but melt into him. Marshall breaks the kiss before it gets too heated.

"Wow," he says smiling at me.

"Wow" I smile at him.

"So you're my girl Lilly Pad?"

"Yes I would be honored to be your girl" I smile, Marshall leans in to kiss me again, this time with a lot of urgency. I again can't help but melt into him. I can't believe this amazing man wants me to be his.

"I gotta stop baby before I want to go too far." He kissed the top of my head. "I guess we need to head back to the hotel"

"Yeah I guess, I wish this day didn't have to end though" I start to pick up things to put back in the basket.

Marshall pulls me down into his lap, "Today is the just the first day of many more amazing days baby"

Written by: willowmoonblood

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

67.9K 2.4K 45
My second set of Eminem short stories. Note that this will contain mature content. Come join us as we imagine different ways Marshall Mathers could f...
26.5K 612 43
Formerly know as - For the love of law -. Emma Mathews is a lawyer from Ireland, after heartache and fall out she decides to take up a job offer wor...
89K 2.3K 25
An Eminem fanfiction story
69.2K 2.4K 49
Christina ‚Chris' Adler and her best friend Naina Milen are the owners of an escort service for high class clients. After working together for almost...