DETERMINATION | Book One

By urbancreations

Works #1: Ahmad Hassan Sinclair, 25, was taught to always fight and work hard for what he wanted. In the life... More

T R A I L E R
D E T E R M I N A T I O N
C H A P T E R 1
C H A P T E R 2
C H A P T E R 3
C H A P T E R 4
C H A P T E R 5
C H A P T E R 6
C H A P T E R 7
C H A P T E R 8
C H A P T E R 9
C H A P T E R 10
C H A P T E R 11
C H A P T E R 12
C H A P T E R 13
C H A P T E R 14
C H A P T E R 15
C H A P T E R 16
C H A P T E R 17
C H A P T E R 18
C H A P T E R 19
C H A P T E R 20
C H A P T E R 21
C H A P T E R 22
C H A P T E R 23
C H A P T E R 24
C H A P T E R 25
C H A P T E R 26
C H A P T E R 27
C H A P T E R 28
C H A P T E R 29
C H A P T E R 30
C H A P T E R 31
C H A P T E R 32
C H A P T E R 33
C H A P T E R 34
C H A P T E R 35
C H A P T E R 36
C H A P T E R 37
C H A P T E R 38
C H A P T E R 39
C H A P T E R 41
C H A P T E R 42
C H A P T E R 43
C H A P T E R 44
C H A P T E R 45
E P I L O G U E
B O N U S C H A P T E R 1
B O N U S C H A P T E R 2
Thank you everybody!
New STORY Alert

C H A P T E R 40

43.9K 2.3K 1.8K
By urbancreations

Peter Vendetta in MM

C H A P T E R
F O R T Y

Hearing the door chime indicating that someone entered, Hazel looked up from her computer and smiled when she saw it was Twan. "Hey Twan, what are you doing here?"

Stuffing his hands in his pockets, he sighed. "I need to speak with Ahmad about something."

Nodding her head, she pointed towards the back. "He should be in his office, just knock before you enter."

Thanking her, he walked down the hall as he approached the last door on the right. Knocking twice, he heard Ahmad yell come in. Pushing the door open, Ahmad was shocked when he saw it was Twan.

Standing to his feet, they slapped hands and didna brotherly hug before Ahmad told him to have a seat. Shutting the door behind him, he sat on the edge of his desk as he stared at Twan wondering what he needed.

"You alright?"

He nodded, "I'm out."

"Out? What do you mean?"

"Out of the gang, it took a lot of begging and even a beating but I'm finally free of that shit and I want to start over with my life. My mama is done with me, she doesn't believe that I actually want to change and you're all I got at this point. I was hoping if I could get a job here, not as an artist but just something. I can clean the stations and tools, I'll be the errand boy whatever .. I just want to work and focus on school and I know if I'm around you I'll be able to remain focused on what is truly important which is me succeeding."

"And I also want to do better for Amira, I know she isn't here to see me change for the better but I know this is what she always wanted for me, she wanted me to attend college and I used to always just brush it off but its like since she been gone, I just been able to sit back and think and I want to be the one that does everything she didn't get to do or what our child never got a chance to do."  He spoke honestly.

Ahmad stared at him for a while before nodding. "Who are you staying with right now?"

"One of my homeboys,"

"He goes to school too?"

"Nah, he still in the gang but I have no where else to go. He's my only option or else I'll be homeless."

Standing up from the desk, Ahmad went and took a seat in his office chair. "You really serious about this Twan? Like this isn't just a phase or anything right?"

Twan quickly shook his head yes, "This is what I want to do, I don't want to be looked at as one of them.. I want to beat the stereotype, I actually want to be somebody .. hell I want to be better than my daddy and my mama. I just want to prove everybody who doubted me wrong and the one person who believed in me right."

Ahmad nodded, "Alright look, this is what is going to happen, I'll give you a job but first you gotta move up out of ole' dude house. If you really want to be separated from that shit and be better than shit you gotta cut ties with them too. You have to completely mark out anything that can pull you back into that. And before you start freaking out about where you gon' stay and what's your next move my condo is pretty much vacant, I'm never there so I'll let you stay there until whenever you graduate or at least get on your feet. But look, don't worry about the rent or electricity bill, I got that you just catch that cable bill and wifi bill but in order to stay there you gotta stay in school and stay focused, give me that and I'll always make sure you good. Deal?"

Twan looked down as he held his hands in the prayer position. Standing up he walked around Ahmad's desk giving him a hug. "Deal, I appreciate this shit forreal man, thank you."

Ahmad smiled, "Show me your appreciation by succeeding and staying true to your words."

He nodded, "I will, I promise."

"Good, you free for today?"

He nodded, "Alright follow me, if you gon' work here you gotta get familiar with the place." Wrapping his arm over his shoulder, he began introducing Twan to everybody.

Walking inside the house, Ahmad scratched the back of his neck as he yawned loudly. After work he went to help Twan move his stuff out his friend house so he was dead tired and all he wanted to do was lay with his babies tonight.

Walking up the stairs, he walked inside their bedroom to see Cali in bed with Marquette who was sleeping. "Hey baby, you look tired." She pointed out leaning her head up to kiss his lips.

Stripping out his shirt, Cali watched like a hawk. Walking into the bathroom, he took off his watch and studs sitting them on the sink counter then walked out. "What you do all day?" He asked taking off his jeans before sliding in bed being sure not to wake Marquette.

"Besides be in bed all day since I'm on bedrest, I did some online shopping for Armoni and I talked to Alisha. She seems so happy in Paris, I'm so happy for her I swear I am."

"I am too, Shaun missing her ass like crazy though."

Cali smiled. "It's crazy how messy their situation started off and how it blossomed into that. But she deserves all of this and so much more."

"They both do," Ahmad mumbled closing his eyes.

Placing her hand over her belly, she sighed. "So Reggie called today."

Opening one eye, he looked over at her. "What he say?"

Sitting up more, she turned to face him. "He apologized, he apologized for his childish immature behavior. He apologized for disrespecting our relationship and then apologized for bailing on his son. He wants a second chance, and all day its been on my mind cause I don't want to be that mother that keeps their kids from their dad then they later find out as they get older that their dad always wanted to be in their lives then resents me but I also don't want my baby to go through this again even though he's too young now, he's getting older and if Reggie pulls that stunt again.. its gonna hurt him. What should I do? Cause I'm stuck."

Leaning over Ahmad wiped her tears that fell, "Stop crying ma',"

"I don't know what to do Ahmad, its been months and now he wants to come back? Why couldn't he think this way four months ago?"

"You gotta give him another chance, maybe he has changed but you gotta see if he actually did by granting him a second chance if he fucks up again then you know what to do.. but if the nigga is willing to put the other shit behind him and handle this situation as an adult then lets do it. Marquette does deserve to know who his real daddy is since Reggie is trying to step up again and I don't want to be in the way of that."

She nodded, wiping her eyes as she looked down at her baby who was snuggled all up against her. "Okay, I'll call him tomorrow and see what's up."

"Good, I'm finna take him to his room. I'll be back."

Getting out of the bed, he lifted Marquettes small frame, then carried him to his room gently laying him in his bed. Kissing his forehead, he plugged up his night light then stepped out of the room leaving the door cracked.

Walking back inside the room, Cali was now standing up looking in the mirror at her huge belly. "She is going to be big, I didn't even get this big with Marquette." She mumbled.

"I'm just ready for her to get here, tired of waiting." Ahmad said standing behind her. She nodded, "You and me both but I hope you're truly ready for the early morning baby duty cause trust me it isn't easy."

He shrugged, "I know its not, but thats what comes with being a parent and I'm ready for it all."

Leaning back into him, she held her hand out staring at her ring. "Can I show you something?"

Nodding his head, she grabbed his hand then lead him out of their bedroom into the room that was right next to theirs. Pushing the door open, Cali revealed a half way done nursery. "Me and your mama been working on it for a minute. But this is just the beginning, she ordered some more stuff for room but what do you think so far?"

Ahmad smiled, as he looked at the wood letters mounted on the wall that spelled her name over her crib. The walls were painted white but with cherry blossoms sprouting from the corners of the wall really making the room girly. "I love it, this looks amazing."

Walking over to him she wrapped her arms around him as he touched her crib still in shock that he was about to be a father. Looking at the big family picture of the maternity photos they took at the baby shower, he chuckled not realizing that she had got the photo framed. "I can't wait to see the finish version of it, but so far you got my vote. You and moms doing good."

"Thanks baby,"

As the two stood in the middle of the nursery just letting their minds run wild of everything that soon to happen within just in a few weeks, both their hearts beat fast hoping they could manage it all.

They had plans, the plans were gonna take time but they knew if they really worked hard as a couple it could all fall into place perfectly and they would be great.

"Can we take a bath together and just relax? My back is starting to hurt."

"Yeah, I'll go run it. You want bubbles too?" She nodded, "Yes that would be lovely and make sure its hot water not warm water."

Walking out of the room and into their bathroom, he bent down turning on the water then grabbed the bubble bath bottle pouring it in the water. Chuckling to himself, he thought back to the guy he was before and how rude he was towards females and how he never let anybody get attached to him and here he was running his girl a bubble bath and he already knew after this he was going to rub her feet, simply because it made her feel good and whenever she was good, he was great.

If anyone asked if he was whipped, he would proudly say yes and would probably even scream to the world how whipped he was behind her and he wasn't ashamed. He loved her and that was just it, no ifs, ands, or buts she had his heart and he was proud to say that she owned it.

"Okay you have to be still or else I'm going to stick you," Alisha told the young girl she was designing her dress on.

The girl by the name of Yuri, nodded as she stood straight up not moving a muscle. Alisha was squatted down working on the ends of the dress. They had a photoshoot coming up and Alisha needed five pieces for her model to wear to it.

She was down to her last one and she was not leaving this building until she was done completely with it. Standing back up, she took a step back nodding her head. "You really look good in this dress," She told Yuri who simply smiled.

Bending down to flare out the dress more at the bottom, she pulled her phone out to record a video of her progress to send to Shaun. "This is the finishing product of the dress I was working on last night," She spoke into the phone as she recorded the dress before hitting the send button.

"Why yes, this is beautiful." She heard Peter call out.

Standing to her feet, she told the girl she could relax while she walked over to Peter giving him a hug. "Thank you, this is the last piece I needed for the photoshoot next week."

He nodded, "Well I'm impressed honestly,"

"Thank you, I'm actually glad you came .. I wanted to show you something."

Walking towards her working area, she opened her sketch book flipping through a few pages before stopping on three designs. "So I was thinking we add these three pieces together because the colors just clash together very well and it matches your theme that you want for the show. But I wanted your input first." Alisha explained to Peter as he stared at her sketches she had laid out on the table in his office.

Picking the sketch up, he eyed it for a while before smiling. "I love it, I swear its like you can do no wrong." He complimented causing her to smile.

It meant a lot to hear such a thing from a legend himself. "Thanks Mr. Vendetta, that really means alot."

"Call me Peter, but I'm serious. What you have is a talent.. its one thing to know how to dress and style clothes together but its another to be able to create the clothes from scratch and you have that gift and it needs to be shared."

"Thank you,"

"No thank you, because I can tell with your help this fashion show is about to be everything I visioned. We start making the outfits tomorrow and for now on. Any design you come up with that you feel is worth being on that runway, create it."

She nodded, "Will do, another thing .. I was wondering if I could do plus size models and different shades of black women as well. My models that I usually  have to show off our items usually range from all sizes so women of every shape and size can get a visual of how they make look in an outfit."

"That's perfectly fine, when are your girls flying in?"

"Tomorrow night, but I know most of their waist and bust sizes so I'm good on that."

"Well then seems like you have everything under control, if you ever need help with anything I'm here."

"Thanks,"

Watching him walk out of his office, she walked back over to the girl as she helped her out the dress. "Thanks for coming and staying up with me, see you in the tomorrow."

"You're welcome, see you tomorrow."

Retaking her seat she continued sketching designs that she thought of all last night in her sleep. Since she had been in Paris this was how she ended most of her nights, sketching designs up until the crack of dawn. This was usually around the time when her and Shaun would talk, it would be around two in the morning there for her and seven in the evening in Texas so he would just call to keep her up and just to see her face.

After an hour or two later, she yawned standing to her feet knowing it was time for her to get back to her hotel room to shower and get ready for her long day tomorrow.

Packing up all her designs and sketches inside her portfolio brief case, she looked around the area making sure she wasn't leaving anything and nearly jumped out of her skin when she turned and saw Peter sitting on the edge of his desk with his phone pressed to his ear.

Covering her chest, he smiled as he held up one finger to tell her to hold on. "That is all wrong. The theme is fall and winter. How many times do I have to tell you this?"

As she waited for him to get off the phone, she looked down at her to see that Shaun texted her.

From: S H A U N 💍
Won't be able to call you tonight, helping my dad move his new furniture, I love you. Call me when you wake up tomorrow and I got your video, the dress looks amazing proud of you❤️
Read at 3:21a.m

Reading the text over she sighed hating they wouldn't be able to talk tonight. Replying back that she loved him too, she slipped her phone inside her purse then looked up to see Peter was wrapping up the phone call.

"Don't come here tomorrow confused about what we just talked about, its crunch time now we have less than two months until the show, get it together or get fired!" He stated in an annoyed tone before ending the call all together.

Looking up at Alisha he smiled, "Leaving already?" He asked standing up straight.

She nodded, "Yeah its late, I'm not actually tired but I know I need the rest for tomorrow."

He nodded, "You know one thing I realized is that since you have been down here all you have done is work. Have you went out and explored yet?" He questioned as they made their way out of his office.

She nodded, "I did a little touring nothing major, plus I don't mind working especially when its something I love doing."

He nodded, "I see, well how about instead of going straight to your hotel lets end this night with a bang before the crazy comes and let's say go out for drinks just to rewind from everything .. cause trust me things are only going to get wilder from here on as the date towards the fashion show nears."

Alisha smiled, "I'm flattered honestly but I have a boyfriend and I know for a fact he wouldn't want me going out for drinks with a guy and I wouldn't let him do it with a female. I'm sorry thanks for the offer though," She replied as they stepped off the elevator.

Shaking his head he smiled. "No no, I understand trust me but just know whenever you just need a break from everything the offer still stands. Good night Ms. Pierce." He waved sending her a smile as he jogged to his matte black Ferrari 488 GTB.

She nodded impressed with how nice his car was as she walked to her 2017 Chrysler 300 rental. Getting inside, she looked at her Michael Kors watch Shaun brought her checking the time. Resting her forehead against the steering wheel, she sighed at how untired she was and really wished Shaun would call her then she realized she hadn't talked to her sister in awhile.

Grabbing her phone out her purse, she started her car then pulled out of the parking lot but frowned when she saw Peter was still parked in his spot, shrugging it off she went to her sisters contact then clicked on the facetime icon.

As it rung, she hummed to an unknown tune.

Back in America, Anaya cussed in her head when she heard her phone start to ring. "I'll be right back,"

Getting up she walked into the kitchen where her phone was, seeing it was Alisha she rolled her eyes then accepted the call. When it fianlly connected, she put a fake smile on her face. "Hey sis, how's Paris?"

"It's cool, different but cool. How are you?"

"I'm great, never better. Is there a reason you called?"

Alisha shrugged, "Just wanted to talk to my sister since its been a while, and I heard about you and Marcus, I'm sorry about that."

"It's whatever, I'm over it."

"That's good, I have to tell you though being up her-"

"I hate to cut you off sis, but I have to go. Talk to you later bye."

When the facetime ended, Alisha frowned wondering why she rushed off the phone. Throwing her phone in the passenger she road in silence to her hotel, trying to see where the downfall in her relationship with her sister came from and when did it start.

Shaking the thoughts off, she continued driving to her hotel. "Guess, I'll just watch movies until I fall asleep." She mumbled to herself sadly.

        Sitting the phone back on the bar she muted it, then walked back into her living room. She stared at him as he sat on the couch shirtless, exposing his tatted chest. Strolling over to him, she straddled his lap. "I missed you," She smiled as she leaned down leaving kisses on his neck.

"I missed you too,"

"How much?"

Rubbing his hands up and down her back under the large t-shirt she wore, he smirked. "A whole lot, glad you finally let go of that clown ass nigga. Still can't believe you cut me off for him." He chuckled.

"I know it was stupid, but now that's over and its just me and you." Taking off her shirt exposing her boobs, he looked up at her taking them into his hands.

"Why do you keep looking at me like that?" She blushed.

"Cause you're beautiful and I'm glad me and you don't have to be a secret anymore that shit was stressful sneaking around with you and tryna please Alisha at the sametime.. but now that she's out the picture we can finally do this,"

"Do what?"

Anaya was hoping he was not about to see if they could be official. She liked Melvin, but her heart still belonged to Marcus. She only messed with Melvin to get back at Alisha.

What started off as a hook-up turned into a full affair behind Alisha's back. The whole wife thing was a lie, the wife was Anaya. But the affair ended when Anaya got serious with Marcus but now that they were on a break, she had needs and he was only the person available.

At first Melvin was actually going to commit to Alisha, but then Anaya kept barking up his tree and he fell into temptation and soon fell for her cause she did things for him that Alisha never wanted to do.

He knew it was wrong to mess with sisters at the sametime, but he felt he was in heaven at the moment. To have two bad ass females on his dick, he never wanted that to end but eventually he did and he was left with no one until Anaya hit him up recently.

"Get together officially," He answered in a duh tone.

Resting her hands on his shoulders, she bit her lip. "I would love to but can we wait? I really loved Marcus and he broke me .. I need time to heal from all of that before I jump into something else .. you know what I mean?" She lied and he nodded understanding.

"I get it, I'll wait." He replied.

Kissing his lips, she smiled. "Good, now where were we before we were interrupted?" She smirked sliding her hand inside the sweats he wore.

Melvin threw his head back against the couch groaning from the pleasure he was getting from her stroking him. He knew what they were doing was dead wrong, but at the end of the day he was a man who had needs and right now Anaya was willing to fulfill them.

But in Anaya's head this was just one step to her plan of crushing Alisha.

-
Thanks for the love & support
- Denise 💋

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

391 49 16
Life It sounds beautiful right, magical even but, is it? Is it what you envisioned yours to be? i know i didn't envisioned mine, definitely not like...
5.6K 1K 33
Completed✔✔ Bismillahir Rahmanir Rahim With the ups and the downs of this world, never fret never frown Allah know's. No matter what's inside or out...
9.9K 510 8
Is daur-e-siyaasat ka itna sa fasana hai, basti bhi jalani hai maatam bhi manana hai !!🖤 𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐰𝐢𝐟𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐬...
705 96 11
My life began in simplicity. I yearned for what any average girl would dream to become, in a world where expectations flourish, yet still being gulli...