Pure Beauty 'Cailyn's Chronic...

Af ACNichols

Cailyn is starting her senior year of high-school and not looking forward to it. Her friends are changing som... Mere

Chapter One Meet and Greet
Chapter Two Memory
Chapter Three The Dream
Chapter Four Date Night
Chapter Six The Fight
Chapter Seven The Kiss
Chapter Eight The Gym
Chapter Nine The Dance
Chapter Ten The Abduction
Chapter Eleven Talk
Chapter Twelve Aftermath
Chapter Thirteen Unexpected Dinner Guest
Chapter Fourteen Fun, Fear, Passion
Chapter Fifteen Dark Visitor
Chapter Sixteen Plans
Chapter Seventeen Blood Link
Chapter Eighteen Bad News
Chapter Nineteen Battle
Chapter Twenty Normalcy
Author's Comment

Chapter Five Shopping Spree

5.5K 177 10
Af ACNichols

That weekend was shopping with Beth for our dresses.

“Ok so tell me all the details of this date. I know you already said some but we aren’t in class now, you know the whole school thinks you two are a couple,” Beth started with some giggles.

“Why he is only in one class with me and sometimes sits with us at lunch. Otherwise that was the first time I had seen him outside of school,” I said flabbergastted, asI was flipping through some of the dresses, none of them were appealing to me so far. I had a feeling he was going to wear a pressed black and white tuxedo with what I had already noticed about his style, elegant and modern. So I wanted to pick something out that would work with that, and I had eliminated white. I did not want to look like a couple on their wedding day. I grimaced at that thought.

“Well you know how school rumors go and it’s not really just the time you spend together. It’s the way you two are with each other, the body language, the way you look at each other, it’s like your connected,” there is that gravitation force again, interesting that others could see that but actions do speak louder than words. I shrugged.

“I don’t know he hasn’t asked me out or anything,” I added, “there are no good dresses here lets go to the next place,” she nodded. The shopping center we were at, we chose because it is off the beaten path, it’s not the mall which everyone would be buying their dresses at and me and Beth had a more classical style. Vines of ivy climbed on the brick walls as we made our way to the next store.

“Alright, now tell me,” she demanded.

“Fine well he is a gentleman, old fashioned which is unusual, he opened all the doors for me. He didn’t eat though which was strange. He told me I was the most extraordinary beauty he had ever seen,” I added knowing Beth would love that.

“Oh my god my heart would have melted,” she laughed. I smiled because mine sure did.

“He also warned me that Jen is getting more bitter,” frowning as I thought about that. I had been trying to keep that off of my mind. It hurt knowing how long we had been friends.

“That is unfortunate, I hope she isn’t plotting anything stupid,” the door bell that rang as we entered the store echoed through the building. A pudgy middle aged woman greeted us and told is if we needed any help just to ask. After some polite ‘thank you’s’ we began to look around. This store wasn’t typical but it had some really nice stuff from time to time.

“Knowing Jen she probably is,” we exchanged a look and sighed.

“So what else?” as Beth began to flip through dresses. Everything else me and Ayden talked about, I hadn’t told Beth about yet. I had a way around it though.

“Well you how I told my dad that I was going to the dance with Ayden?”

“Yes,” distracted as she was browsing.

“Well my dad also said that the name was familiar, one of the oldest in the town and that he knew of an Ayden Conner’s when he was in high-school but he never actually met or knew him,” I waited for her reaction to this information.

“Oh ya I forgot about that. When I first found out his full name I thought about the old family of Conner’s here in town to, supposedly I am a descendant but I don’t believe it,” Beth revealed casually. That was surprising to me; Ayden mentioned that there were not any left. I still thought it was possible from my research that said the sisters had survived and scattered, since women take on the man’s name when getting married it was a curious thing to think of Beth being related.

“Interesting Ayden said there wasn’t any left and that he might be distantly related,” Beth’s eyes widened in surprise at this information, I smiled at her.

“That’s impossible,” she was more shocked than I thought.

“I know Beth there’s no way it’s preposterous,” she snorted at the word I used.

“Hey, English class is rubbing off on me,” we both laughed at that and the conversation about my ‘date’ ended. Back to looking for dresses and the conversation ceased for the time being.

Flipping through them I saw this one that stood out to me. It was a beautiful long and silvery shimmered but not sequins, I hated sequins. The dress was of a slinky material it was off the shoulder and no poufy skirts just straight down and clingy. It had a slit that came all the way up to the thigh and long. It was perfect! I just hoped it was in my size. I luckily found one that was and began to go try it on. It fit wonderfully and felt elegant. It showed off my curves graciously but with class, it didn’t show my extra belly roll and it was just brushing against the floor it was that long. A small heeled shoe would fix that. I showed it to Beth.

“You look like Cinderella,” I blushed at her complment.

“Oh shut it,” this was definitely the dress, back in the dressing room I changed back into my regular clothes. Now it was Beth’s turn. Beth had found this black gown that was simple but it really showed off her body. It was low cut in the front and plunging down her back in the back, it was shorter than mine, knee length it fit her like a glove. She enjoyed the simplicity of it and yet it screamed out sexy.

“It looks great Beth and shows off your butt,” I laughed she liked showing off her butt.

We purchased our dresses. Mine was pretty expensive, I would never have bought this without the extra money from my dad. I had plenty left over though for shoes and a few other things which is what we were going for next. We went to the best shoe place in town the ‘Shoe Shack’. They had every brand and style you could think of. My dress was so shimmery that I wanted to be simple with the shoes and Beth had given me an idea with her Cinderella comment. I found some two inch heeled slip-ons the completely clear color kind of shoes. As I tried them on, I thought I would definitely have to get a pedicure. Beth chose some suede black platform peep toe shoes. They made her look taller.

“Ok now we are going to need pedicures,” me and Beth thought so much alike.

“Oh right definitely both our toes will be showing” I agreed, as I checked what money I had left. Whew, just enough.

Sitting down as we got to the spa shop for mani’s and pedi’s it felt nice to relax and be pampered. I was able to forget about all the issues and the seriousness of those issues, that had presented themselves since school had started. It was also a week away from the dance so perfect time to get the spa treatment done. I doubt we would have much time come next week with decorating as well. I still felt a tad guilty because my dad was working extra hard so I could sit here and relax just for a dance with a boy that was consuming me. I pushed that thought out of my head even just thinking about him set butterflies off in my stomach. I would have to do something nice for my father.

“You are going to look magical Cail, leave your hair down with some soft loose curls floating around your face and light make-up,” Beth was always trying to get me to be more girly, I just blushed.

“You can try all you want Beth, I am still going to dress in jeans and t-shirts and watch my hockey,” I smiled, as I said it shaking my head.

“You and your dad,” yes it was nice to be a normal teenager for today.

“I will take your advice on the hair though,” smiling to myself I had pictured it in my head and I thought it would look fabulous.

Beth was hungry when we were done with our nails and toes so she wanted to go eat. You sure can work up an appetite when going on shopping sprees, even I was hungry. Beth insisted on paying as I didn’t have much left over. Luckily it wasn’t any fancy restaurant like Valentino’s.

“Speaking of food where did he take you, you didn’t say where yet?” I flushed red with this question.

“Um Valentino’s,” She whistled and gave me an absurd smile.

“Oh he definitely is falling for you haha,” she was thoroughly amused by that. I just smiled.

“Aww wow your falling for him too and hard,” she was a great observer, but I wasn’t ready to go that far yet.

“I don’t know what it is I feel yet, but I sure do like it at least I can admit that now,” speaking more for myself than to Beth. Finally she dropped me off at home. My dad was home which was unusual for an early Saturday evening.

“Hey dad I got my dress,” he put down what he was reading and let out a big breath.

“Oh awesome model it for me, I won’t be able to see it on Friday,” he was really disappointed about having to tell me this. It made me angry because he gave me this money so he could meet this guy who was taking me to the dance; he had made it a requirement.

“Why?” I actually whined. I hadn’t whined in ages.

“I am sorry hun, you know I want your year to be extra special and I did mention that I wanted to meet this guy. I am working more now and well there’s been a wild fire getting out of control down south so Monday, I am leaving to help until next Sunday,” I just stared at him, worried about his life and disappointed and angry that he wouldn’t be there to see me off to the first dance I even remotely was interested in going to, my first dance ever.

“What’s the point if you miss everything you’re working so much for,” I snapped irritated. I stomped up to my room and slammed the door. My mom missed everything since she is dead and now my father is to. He wants me to have all these things for senior year well it won’t matter if he doesn’t get to see the fruits of his labor. I wanted to go and return the dress, it wasn’t fair and I began to cry. An hour later a soft knock came on my door.

“What?” I snapped. My dad opened the door and came in.

“Listen Cailyn, I don’t feel like I am missing anything. I know you will be beautiful on the night of the dance. I trust your judgment with this guy you’re going with even though, I do want to meet him. You have always been so careful and responsible since… your mom, and you deserve some let loose and have fun time, and I want to help give that to you, as your father. Your senior year is important even though you won’t think so when you get to be my age,” he gave me this speech with a smirk at the last comment.

“I know it still is unfair,” I was still whining.

“You’re my daughter it is not unfair to me at all,” I smiled, and he gave me a hug.

“Now model that dress for me,” so I got up to the bathroom and put it on and did a little runway walk in the living room.

“Ok now I am worried,” he replied, I just threw my head back and laughed heartily.

“Don’t be there is something between me and Ayden but I don’t understand it yet,” my dad gave me a thoughtful look and just nodded.

“Well whatever it is make sure your happy… and he treats you like a gentleman otherwise I will have to go all bad ass father on you,” I rolled my eyes at the gentleman statement, if he only knew.

“Thanks dad and I will,” I wasn’t a simpering wallflower, I don’t let people take advantage of me or use me so there really wasn’t a problem with that, I knew who I was and what I wanted when I was able to figure it out for myself.

Back upstairs in my room and I hung up the dress in my closet with the shoes on floor underneath it. I was surprised I opened up about that to my dad as well. It wasn’t something you talked about with your father, but he was the only parent I had right now and it was the truth. I did not know yet what it was or understand it, I just knew it felt wonderful. It was abundantly clear Ayden and I were attracted to each other, and that we wanted to be around each other. It was more than just some high-school crush.

Author's Note: I don't like this chapter much, when I was hand writing it I kind of rushed through it. I don't really do shopping scenes well lol. It was just for getting small specifics out of the way mostly leading up to other events.

Fortsæt med at læse

You'll Also Like

52 0 21
Zoey's much-anticipated vacation takes an unexpected turn when she encounters a mysterious man who seems to hold the key to her past. As her dreams u...
30 4 8
•completed• Diana who is best friends with Ayasha and started her last school year ends up being friends with Xander, the new boy at their school. At...
2.4K 34 25
When 18 year old Talia goes through some rough patches with her boyfriend Alex, but she seeks comfort from her best friend Michael he doesn't want to...
881 90 32
After Jaylin lost her twin she thought that she can't live without him.... He was her other half, her best friend. What will make her happy again? M...