Exploring Westernesse [ Lord...

By Silmarilz1701

#1 in Silmarillion, #1 in Caranthir, #1 in Elrohir Third Installment of The Fëanoriel Chronicles. - * - *... More

EXPLORING WESTERNESSE
Reunited
Tirion Upon Túna
Scarlet Hair
Power in the Deep
Soaring
Festivities
Journey to Ilmarin
Ultimate Beauty
The Eagle Guard
House of the Handmaiden
Sea Light
Power of the Deep
Lórellin
Lament by Moonlight
The Great Hunter
Lady of Tears
On the Road Again
The Weaver
Russandol
Finwë's Legacy
The Daughters
Herald of Manwë
Dinner for Five
An Homage
The House of Old Friends
Gifts for the Travellers
Fire and Stone
A New Face
Same Eyes
Family
PART TWO
Crossed Swords

In Need of Adventure

240 13 14
By Silmarilz1701

Many days of peaceful rest followed after that night visiting the hobbits. Fingon and Maglor disappeared that next morning and had been gone since, but Míril especially did not view this as a tragedy. She enjoyed the quiet time with her husband, and occasional days with her brother and his wife. Elladan popped in and out fairly regularly, though he spent the majority of his time with his parents, reclaiming the years they'd spent separated.

And yet, despite all the years of grief and hardship and constant doing, they all found themselves craving some form of adventure. When they told Celebrían this one night as all sat in her sitting room, she laughed lightly and shook her head, sipping a glass of wine she'd gotten from Vana's vineyard.

"You can take heroes out of the quest, but never the quest out of the heroes," she explained moments later. "The three of you will go insane if you remain cooped up on this island."

"What are we to do?" Elladan moaned. "I have explored every inch here."

Elrond rolled his eyes. "Then go explore every inch of Valinor. It will take you many ages to do so and that way we will be rid of you for at least a time."

As they laughed in response to Elrond's muttering, a knock sounded on the door. Elrohir, who sat closest to the door, hopped up and went to open it. Standing before them were two, all too familiar elves.

"Good evening Elrohir!" Fingon grinned widely.

The younger twin raised an eyebrow in surprise. "What are you doing here?"

Maglor rolled his eyes back at the half-elf. "We were invited."

"What's the passcode?" Míril shouted through the door.

Elrohir smirked as the yell came. "I like it. What's the pass code?"

"Elrohir I may not be High King any more, but surely my name has some form of authority." Fingon muttered.

"By all that is good," Celebrían laughed, "let them in Elrohir! I did in fact invite them."

Elrohir stood aside. As the two elves passed him, he smirked at Fingon who merely responded by taking the half-elf's seat. He had to suppress a laugh at the man's expense. Maglor, not caring to involve himself in a petty feud, decided standing suited him well enough.

"You've been absent far too long," Elrond told his foster father. "My children grow restless and who have I to send them to but you?"

Maglor chuckled. "Do not worry any longer, Elrond. That is why we are here."

Elrohir muttered under his breath as he squeezed in between Míril and Elladan on a coach. But the other two looked much more excited at the prospect of an adventure alongside Maglor and Fingon.

Míril's face brightened. "What did you have in mind?"

"You've seen a handful of the Valar." Fingon began speaking slowly, almost teasingly. After a brief pause, he continued on. "Manwë, Varda, Ulmo, Oromë, Nienna, Mandos, Estë, Vairë, Lorien. There are some you have still yet to see."

Maglor interrupted. "Fingon is trying to say that we had an idea for how you can meet the others. To start, Oromë has requested to see you yet again, and his sister Nessa shall be there also."

"Certainly this is good news!" Elrond nodded. "Please, take them out of here."

Miril shook her head. "I'm afraid my father in law does not appreciate our company."

As Elrond went to object, Celebrian cut him off. "Don't mind him. You know you're always welcome here." She paused. "But he isn't wrong."

They all laughed at the slight jab. Fingon stood to join Maglor. They moved to the door, Fingon speaking to them without even sending a glance their way. "Are you coming?"

"Now?" Míril asked, eyes wide. "We need to at least pack clothing!

"We will stop at your house on the way down to the docks," Maglor chuckled, pausing to turn back as he opened the door. "Elladan, you can wear some of Elrohir's clothes."

As they all stood to leave, Elrohir murmured to himself. "I have not shared clothes with my twin since we were children."

Míril merely laughed as she pushed her husband towards the door. They bid farewell to Elrond and Celebrían, following Maglor and Fingon quickly down the street through the darkness of night. A billion of Varda's jewels sparkled far above them in the sky, lighting their way beside Tilion in the moon.

Harp music played from somewhere above them, in a higher circle of Tol Eressëa. It lilted through the air, reaching their ears even as they got to Míril's and Elrohir's house. Together they went inside, packing bags of clothes for all three travelers, and Míril changing into her tunic of the Reunited Kingdom. Several minutes later, they reappeared outside.

"Here." Elrohir threw a pack at Elladan. "Don't get the clothes dirty."

Elladan chuckled, enjoyment in the situation far too evident for his brother's liking. Fingon called for the twins to hurry up as they stared at each other, each daring the other to do something stupid. At last they broke, Míril pushing them forward.

"Come on." She jogged to catch up with Maglor. "I long to see Valinor proper again!"

Minutes passed quietly by. A few ladies out tending moon flowers waved as they passed. Míril wished she knew more of her neighbors, and made a mental note to do just that when the occasion next presented itself. For now, most of the elves of Tol Eressëa knew her by her relation to Celebrían. The less renowned elves also seemed to know Eldir her brother and his wife Ruivë, and thus recognized his younger sister. Of course, all knew Fingon and Maglor.

A small child ran along the docks. She pouted, halting in her quest as the glowing blue butterfly she chased lifted out of reach. She chewed on a few strands of dark hair before turning to face the adults.

"Do you need a boat, my lord?" she asked Fingon, her speech mature as was typical with even small elven children. She pointed towards a pier down the line. "My father is that way."

"Thank you, Alquien," Fingon said with a nod and a smile. "Careful on the piers now."

"No need to lecture me my lord. I know these docks like the map of Valinor!" She bowed her head. "Though the concern is appreciated, as always."

Fingon chuckled and waved as he led the group towards her father's workshop. A roaring fire and many candles lit the area where he worked wood and steel to create beams and nails for ships. The elf stood tall, his black hair cut shorter than most elves Míril knew, but to shoulder length. Even then it was tied back.

"Urusto," Fingon nodded. "Your daughter told me to find you here."

"My lord." The elf stopped his drawing of blueprints and stood, bowing his head to the newcomers. When his eyes traveled the group and met with Maglor's, he stiffened. But when he faced Fingon again, his voice was friendly and respectful. "What can I do for you, lord?"

"We have need of transport to the mainland," Fingon began. "I would ask for but a boat, but we will likely not be returning hither any time particularly soon, and would hate to strand a vessel there without an owner for long."

"The sentiment is appreciated." He looked them over. "Five passengers? To the Noldorin docks on Bay of Eldamar I assume? Certainly not to Alqualondë given the passengers?"

Fingon glanced at Maglor only briefly before straightening up. "Do treat my cousin with the respect he deserves given his pardoning by the Valar."

"No, my friend. He is not wrong." Maglor shook his head and raised a hand. "I am not welcome there, not yet and possibly never will be."

A new voice sounded from the doorway to the man's humble house, "Tis only right that way."

They all looked to find a woman, silver haired and with an ugly burnt scar across her left chin and cheek. She stood in the doorway, arms folded and eyes blazing in ages of grief and anger.

"Tyelpë, forget not that I too partook in the Kinslayings of Alqualondë," Fingon reminded her. "And yet all welcomed me back with open arms, even your own people.

She glared at him. "Forgive my speech, Lord. But it was not the same. You did not partake freely. You were tricked by his father and he himself."

"Tyelpë!" Urusto warned his wife in a low voice. He turned back to the group. "Come, for because my lord requests it, I will take you there upon my vessel."

"We could ask someone else?" Míril murmured, highly uncomfortable. "Surely?"

"Nay," Urusto shook his head with a rueful laugh. "Heiress of Fëanáro. My lord comes to me because I will not refuse him. Others might. Hurry now, the tides are at a good height."

They followed him as he led the way to the dock where his daughter stood. She began to undo the rope and brought it to Urusto.

"Alquien, come along. You did wish to journey to the mainland soon did you not?" Urusto spoke to her as he placed the ramp for the others. "Get the swans ready."

She clasped her hands together happily and ran barefoot onto the deck of the ship. She disappeared down the top and around out of sight. As the others boarded, a great honking alerted everyone to three brilliant white swans. Urusto pulled the plank inside and whistled. Instantly the boat began to move, the swans pulling it through the water.

"We should be there in an hour." Urusto told Fingon. "I once more apologize for my wife, lord."

Fingon shook his head. "I do not feel offended. It is we who have wronged her and her people more than can ever be mended."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.9K 618 50
Second installment in the Fëanoriel Chronicles. 35 years after the War of the Ring, the children of the heroes must go on their own quest to save Mid...
204K 10.4K 54
***Book III of the 'To Live Again' Series*** It is the year 3441 of the Second Age of Arda, it has been seven years since the Siege began on Barad-Du...
225K 9.1K 51
Celebríel is the first-born daughter of Lord Elrond and Lady Celebrían, though her parentage is not easily recognized. Unlike her other siblings, she...
43.6K 2.7K 36
Official Wattpad Tolkien Fanfic Top ranked #1 in Silmarillion, #1 in Tolkien Top 10 in Silmarillion from 2018-2024 Top ranked #1 in Fingon, #1 in Mae...