Jaddie: Our Story

By bexib00

Jack and Maddie have known each other since pre-school. Although Jack is one grade older, their moms have alw... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four

Chapter Five

198 2 1
By bexib00

Ok. That really just happened. I really just made out with Jack. I can't believe it. Partly because I only met him 10 hours ago but mostly because I've never kissed a guy before. And wow. He just gave me something that no guy will ever be able to top.

I was shaken from my thoughts when I heard the soft footsteps of a nurse, inching her way closer to Jack, myself and Jack's mom.

"Good news. Lilia is awake! All three of you can go in and see her if you'd like."

Jack turned to me; his face lit up as he took my hand into his.

"That would be lovely." Jack's mom said.

With that, we followed the nurse to Lilia's room.

Walking in, I had no idea what to expect. I'm not good with blood or sickness or anything that falls into that category so this whole hospital environment was making me feel a little dizzy. However, I wanted to see Lilia. I wanted to see if she was okay.

"Jack? Maddie? Mom!" Lilia exclaimed with a slight weakness to her voice as we walked into her room.

Her lips quickly formed a big smile as she caught sight of me; my eyes brimmed with tears of both happiness and relief.

"I can't believe you guys are here!" She said, embracing us all one by one in a hug which I can only describe to you as pure and utter bliss. Bliss from the comfort of knowing my best friend was alive and well.

"Lilia I'm so sorry this happened. It was our first day of freshman year! Our first day back after Summer. This was never supposed to happen..." I trailed off, my happy tears now turning into tears of sadness.

"Shh, shh it's ok. I'm ok. I'll be out of here soon enough and we can continue our freshman year as though none of this ever happened, and we'll make it an epic year!" Lilia beamed. I wiped away my tears and let out a small laugh due to my emotions being a little incoherent; I couldn't control my reactions.

Then I found myself watching as Lilia talked to Jack and her mom, re assuring them just like she had re assured me. Which is ironic, when you think about it, because we should be the ones re assuring her. Lilia is probably one of the most selfless people I have ever met. Probably the most selfless person I have ever met.

"Mom, Jack, do you mind if I have a few minutes alone with Maddie? I'll have her come out to get you when we're done... I just need to talk to her about something." Lilia said.

"Sure honey, we'll go grab you some snacks from the vending machine down the hall while you guys catch up." Her mom replied with a warm tone.

Lilia watched closely as the door slowly shut behind them and that's when she began.

"Maddie whatever the police officers or the hospital have told you, it's all a lie." Lilia said.

"Lilia, what are you talking-"

"The guy who knocked me over. He wasn't drink driving. He targeted me, Maddie. I only saw him for a second before I blacked out. But I knew him instantly." Lilia said with a stern expression.

"Who is he?" I asked with a burning curiosity and a need for answers aching from within my stomach.

"Look there's a lot you don't know about my family. A lot your mom probably hasn't told you. But our parents wanted us to be friends for a reason. We need each other..." Lilia said taking a breath, "We need each other because we're being hunted."

"Hunted? We're not animals Lilia! Why would we be hunted?"

"Because we're not normal! Ok? I hoped I wouldn't have to tell you this for a while. But a hunter went and messed that up for us."

"Lilia what are you-"

"We're the chosen." Lilia claimed in a hushed whisper.

"I think the doctors have given you way too much of this stuff," I laughed, tapping her drip full of medication.

"Maddie, I'm serious. Do you think it was down to fate that we became best friends in one day? That our families just happen to know each other but we have never met?" She asked raising her eyebrows.

I frowned in disbelief and confusion. I guess she has a point. It is weird to become best friends with the sister of the guy you just met but have already fallen in love with.

"So what do you mean by the chosen?" I query.

"It all started in 1872, according to the many journals belonging to my ancestors which are now stored in my attic. I read them, cover to cover. That's how I found out about our abilities. We're supernatural, Maddie. But not by our choice. It was a curse given by a great evil which I have yet to learn more about. Our family is one of 'vampire' like beings. We do not suck blood, though, and we are very much alive. We just have the abilities of a vampire: heightened senses, super strength and agility... Your family on the other hand are almost like witches. You may not know it but you have the power to perform real magic..." Lilia enthused.

"Lilia are you for real? My parents would have told me all of that if it were true. And I'm pretty sure if I could conduct spells and potions, I would know about it. I love you but I think that accident hit you a little too hard!" I half-joked.

Lilia became frustrated as she sat back in her hospital bed.

"Maddie I promise you I'm not lying. Our families have been drawn together for centuries. Our powers and abilities are those of the only in existence. And so the universe pulls us together both in friendship and in love. Hence why we are hunted: hunters want us dead. They believe we don't belong in this world and we would be better off dead. It sounds strange but you have to trust me." Lilia said, now taking my hand and never taking her eyes away from our locked gaze.

"I trust you, Lilia. Or at least, I want to. When you're out of here, you can show me the journals and hopefully enlighten me with how to access my so-called 'magic'." I said, putting emphasis on the word magic with air quotation marks.

"Of course I will Mads. Oh and Jack doesn't know about all of this. He never found the journals and our mom never speaks of it; only to me whenever I found the journals in the first place. I assume your family are the same?" Lilia said.

"Yeah I mean, I've had a pretty average upbringing so I guess you could say I'm a little taken aback by all of this. Are you going to tell Jack?" I ask.

"I was planning to. But I think you should. Not yet, though. I know you two have something going on! I saw how cute you guys looked together at school and just then walking into the room!" Lilia beamed.

I felt the heat rushing to my cheeks, blushing instantly at the mention of Jack. Even if the universe was truly pushing us together, everything just felt so right and so normal whenever I was around him.

"See! You're blushing!" Lilia cheerfully pointed out.

I flashed a small smile as I heard footsteps approaching the door. Lilia put her finger to her lips; reminding me to not bring up anything from our conversation just seconds ago. I nodded in solidarity and promise.

Jack and his mom strode through the door bearing snacks from the vending machine.

"You guys are the best, thank you." Lilia said, propping herself up against her pillow.

We stayed for another hour or so: making small talk about school and work and all of the usual, every day things. Which is particularly funny as my mind was flooded with the contradictions I now faced to everything in my life I perceived "normal".

The chosen? Supernatural? Me and Jack, quite literally, being paired together by God? It sounds like something out of some twisted fairytale. Something I have yet to actually attempt to believe; or want to believe. Because with the knowledge of my "supernatural" descent, brought the potential threat of being hunted - like Lilia was today. And that is more unsettling than anything I have ever known before.

————————-
A/N
Plot twist!! Decided to add in a little sci-fi/supernatural twist to spice things up. Sorry I haven't updated in so long! I've been so busy between school and work and my social life that I've barely touched my phone! However, I will try to change how little I update and actually try to update at least every couple of weeks 😂 Hope you enjoyed this chapter guysss:))

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 20.1K 44
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...
283K 18.1K 22
"you might not be my lover, but you still belong to me" "crazy, you don't even love me but you want to claim me as yours? have you lost your mind jeo...
429K 25.9K 85
Y/N L/N is an enigma. Winner of the Ascension Project, a secret project designed by the JFU to forge the best forwards in the world. Someone who is...
963K 22K 49
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.