Young God | L. Laufeyson

By getbuckyplums

▷Set before Thor: The Dark World and includes Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 and Thor: Ragnarok A simple acci... More

Prologue
1. Crossfire
2. Valley of Kings
3. Dangerous Blindness
4. Alluring Honesty
5. Failure
6. Sympathy
7. Prince of Asgard
9. The War Criminal
10. Bloody Consequences
11. Sentence
12. Nightmares
13. Original Sin
14. Madness
15. Sincerity
16. Bonding
17. Child of the Damned
18. Dancing in the Dark
19. Deadly Chaos
20. Vulnerability
21. Tortured Mind
22. Escape
23. Overwhelming
24. Trust
25. Betrayal
26. More Than That
27. I Remember
28. Memory Lane
29. I'll Be Good
30. Reset
31. Yearning
32. Mistaken
33. Return
34. Love Me Again
35. Back Home
36. Half Brother
37. Surrounded by Enemies
38. Mary Poppins
39. Break the Chain
40. Broken
41. The Price of Love
42. Safe and Sound
| End of Everything |
43. Ragnarok
44. Trip to New York
45. Wizards on Earth
46. The Goddess of Death
47. Sakaar
48. The Grandmaster
49. Valkyrie
50. A Green Surprise
51. What Heroes do
52. Bruce Banner
53. The Revengers
54. Revolution
55. The God of Thunder
56. It's a People
57. Shattered
Epilogue
Acknowledgments & Trivia
How to make Aurora jealous
Slumber Party
First Crush
Attention
!!! Infinity War !!!
Personal Protector

8. Risky Alliance

41.8K 1.9K 2.3K
By getbuckyplums

"What a big, blonde mountain..." Aurora only mutters whilst staring at the God of Thunder, her eyes widened at the mighty Avenger. Thor only grabs a Kree by his neck, throwing him against the wall with a simple toss, yet the smirk on his lips remains at her astonishment. Who is this big guy?

"My apologies, I've not introduced myself yet. My name is Thor, son of Odin, God of Thunder and the Prince of Asgard." A bragging and proud tone vibrates his voice as he continues the battle. Aurora's eyes widen even more and now she indeed agrees that this guy must be a god. Turning to Loki, who is outside of the battle, she keeps switching her glance between him and his blonde brother.

"And you couldn't figure out sooner that you two aren't related?!" She just yells at him which only makes Loki's temper worse.

Since Thor's appearance, his mood already has drastically sunk and he casually takes a step aside to avoid the flying Kree towards him, defeated by Volstagg. And the way that Aurora is impressed by his oaf of brother annoys him even more, making it somewhat worse. Before he has the chance though to answer more than with a glare, a shout interrupts him.

"Loki of Asgard!" The Kree warrior recognizes Asgard's traitor and the tension only spreads through Loki's skin, a hint of fear crossing his emerald eyes. Not the fear of the Kree, no, the fear of returning to Thanos. He promised the mighty enemy the cube and broke it. "You have an unsettled invoice with the Other! Get him as well!"

"Wait, what?! You angered them too??" Aurora glances at him in disbelief and it suddenly clicks in her mind. That is why, Odin freaked out and was enraged when he found out that she had troubles with the Kree, he wanted to protect Loki in some way.

"Now is not the time for talk! You two need to flee, we shall fight them." Thor grabs Aurora's arm and fights his way through to Loki before pushing her towards him, her back collides roughly with Loki's chest. "Get her to safety! And don't you dare to kill her or get her killed or I'll return the favor."

Aurora is overstrained with the whole situation, especially now that she actually touches Loki, the golden wall no longer separates them. Looking up to him, he's appearing much taller, at least a head, and the air around him seems colder than usual, as if she was touching the winter. The physical contact feels weird and personal, his chest is firm and his gaze at her is much more intense than through the force field. Her breath is flat and she swallows. How come he looks so much more powerful now? Maybe because he threatened to kill me at least twice.

"Where's your faith in me, brother?" He breaks the eye contact and his silver tongue emphasizes the last word, a mischievous grin is plastered on his lips.

Thor is well prepared though and takes out the shackles that make Loki's sorcerer skills dysfunctional, chaining them around his brother's wrists. He then quickly shackles Aurora's left hand with one of the handcuffs while the other one is connected to Loki's shackles. "Just in case you break your promise. I'm sorry, it applies to you too, Lady Aurora."

"What?!" The auburn-haired girl stares at the God of Thunder, her eyes wander from Loki to the handcuffs to Thor. The connection makes it impossible for her to fight or for Loki to abandon her.

"This must be a terrible joke." Loki hisses with contempt and Thor shoves them both towards the exit before he helps the Asgardians with the fight.

"It's not! Now leave!" He yells and throws Mjölnir through the Kree army, covering their back, so they can escape. Aurora doesn't hesitate and starts running, yet something heavy holds her back when she leaves the dungeons which almost makes her trip over her own feet.

"What are you doing?? We have to run!" She groans and keeps pulling at the handcuffs to make Loki move.

"This is the wrong direction." He simply and calmly states, his tone pissed.

"No, it's not, they keep my gun and jet boots there. We just need to get them and then help Thor with the Kree." Aurora remembers the room where she had to hand the guards her items.

"I will not be foolish and join the ridiculous battle." Loki narrows his eyes into a glare and pulls her abruptly towards the opposite direction of the palace, the sudden jerk would've made her fall if she didn't have good reflexes.

"It's your brother! We have to help him, he fights for us!—And would you stop pulling on the damn handcuffs!" She protests and stands straight just to pull on his shackles and drag him towards her direction.

"He is not my brother!!!" Loki yells furiously at her, his green eyes are on the fire of rage.

"Can you stop being so bloody stubborn?!" Aurora's at the end of her tether, about to start an argument with him until he suddenly places his hand around her arm, his grip awfully tight and strong, pulling her towards a small corner. She wants to yelp in pain and clamor at him but before she can do one of these things, his hand lands roughly on her mouth, leaving her without an explanation.

"Look for those freakin' criminals!" The accent of a Kree echoes through the hallway, followed by a few steps.

"Yes, commander!" Another voice responds and they start to disperse. Aurora stops struggling and she lowers her hand, no longer rested on Loki's but rather on the heavy chains. Now she understands. Loki didn't intend to hurt her, he just saved them.

The oxygen in her lungs slowly becomes scarce, as she still holds her breath and both of them wait for the noise to turn into a distant silence. The coldness of Loki's hand on her mouth makes her own skin feel like the heat of a summer day, the proximity doesn't cool it down any less. Their bodies are inconveniently pressed against each other, their backs leaned against the walls of the small alleyway and Loki's green eyes bore into her blue ones, not daring to leave her gaze.

The shackles make it much more uncomfortable than it already is. Since both of his hands are handcuffed, his left hand is placed beside her head, steadying his balance, otherwise he would crush the petite body of hers. It is the only way how his right hand is able to rest on her mouth but this also diminishes the distance between them.

Aurora is mostly certain that he can hear, no, even feel her fast heartbeat, an odd prickling settles in her stomach. Why is he staring at her like that? Like she wasn't his enemy, more like... there's no word that  Aurora can use to describe his look. The heat reaches her ears while she feels his cool breath on her skin and luckily, the pressure of his hand slowly vanishes. She finally takes a breath and they immediately jump apart, replacing the proximity with distance.

"If you really think that family is only defined by blood, then you are the biggest fool around here." Aurora glances gravely at him and her words strike his nerve, his jaw clenched. He knows that she's right which he would never admit though. And again, he asks himself who this girl is.

Looking around, Aurora gladly asserts that there is no Kree in the area. Now is not the time for real talk. "Look, I know you can't stand me and I probably just bear you because the limit of my tolerance is really high, but we have to work together if we don't wanna get executed today. So I compromise with you over the direction of where we go to but you have to agree that we will help Thor later."

The God of Mischief could have lied to her, fooled her like he always did with others, used her to his advantage until he had the chance to ditch her and leave her with death. Instead, he chooses the truth. "Fine."

"Really?" She raises a brow in the air. This was way too easy.

"You have my word." He nods, trying to convince himself he only made this decision because of Thor's threat, not for any other reason.

"Yay! May this alliance remain." A grin is plastered on her whole face, her blue eyes beaming like the sun. "Then lead us out of the prison. I don't really know the direction, so I'll have to follow you anyway."

Without another word, Loki moves towards the gates, Aurora trailing after him, connected with the handcuffs. Their steps fall into the same rhythm as they run together and leave the dungeons, the bright sunlight welcomes them outside. Even though they do not have time, Aurora can't help but feel an incredible spirit running though her veins.

The sun is so wonderfully warm and it's been days since she was outside, she has to enjoy the moment for at least a second. Loki notices the slower steps that drag him back and turns around, only to find a calm and peaceful Aurora looking at the sky. The red in her hair stings the brown color and for a moment, the bustle ceases and he glances deeply at her.

They are interrupted by a missile that goes off at the tree next to them, Aurora reacts quickly and pulls Loki to the side before it can crush them like ants.

"What the fuck..." She turns to the shooter, the Kree still has the rifle prepared in his hands. Just now Aurora realizes that even here, on the path from the dungeons to the palace, is a battle. "Are you for real?!"

"Run." Loki commands as the Kree reloads his weapon. Oh, how he wishes to be able to use his magic, everything would be much easier.

"Are you kidding??" Aurora stares at Loki in disbelief, shaking her head wildly. "We are gonna fight now! This little shit tried to kill us in an unfair way and it's not like we wouldn't have to fight anyway. C'mon, aren't you the one who causes mischief? Live up to your image and kick some asses!"

He raises a brow in the air, her spirit has a strange impact on him. And this makes him slightly more glad that he agreed to this alliance.

A/N- OMG GUYS I JUST SAW THE INFINITY WAR TRAILER AND I'M SO NOT READY!!! I'M SO WORRIED ABOUT MY BABY LOKI, PLEASE DON'T KILL HIM, MARVEL! 

Sorry for the caps but I'M HYPED

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

68.8K 1.9K 22
Trapped in a cell for eternity, Loki has become increasingly bored and frustrated. That is until a fragile girl is thrust into his cell unceremonious...
10.5K 288 18
"A villain fights for what he doesn't have, but a hero fights for what he has left." *SPOILERS FOR THOR 2 and 3* Loki's imprisonment on Asgard has gi...
119K 3.1K 47
After a while of running, I found the glass cell that held Loki. "I thought you had abandoned me" He said jokingly. "When have I ever abandoned you...
22.9K 600 40
Aurora Odindottir (now going by Odinson) has gotten comfortable with her life on earth and the friendships she's made. But suddenly it feels like eve...