The lie in my marriage (EDITI...

By khal2mukay

The story of Zainab and Malik, a young couple in their own little bubble living their best life. Then,Amal sh... More

Chapter 1 (Zain and Malik)
Chapter 2 (The wedding)
Chapter 3 (A new phase of life)
Chapter 4 (The honeymoon)
Chapter 5 (The honeymoon II)
Not an update
Chapter 6 (Marital life)
Chapter 7 (Marital life cont'd)
Chapter 8 (The Good News)
Chapter 9 (Being pregnant)
Chapter 10 (The intruder )
Chapter 11 (The miscarriage)
Chapter 12 (Coping)
Chapter 13 (Company)
Chapter 14 (Recovering)
Author's note.
Chapter 15 (Home)
Chapter 16 (The Anniversary)
Chapter 17 (Silent feelings)
Chapter 18 (Mixed emotions)
Chapter 20 (Insecurity)
Chapter 21 (Longing)
Chapter 22 (Vegas,baby!)
Chapter 23 (Las Vegas Nevada)
Chapter 24 (Balcony love)
Chapter 25 (Opening up)
Chapter 26 (Distance)
Chapter 27 (Denial)
Chapter 28 (Acceptance)
Chapter 29 (Lose ends)
Chapter 30 (The decision)
Chapter 31 (Amal and Malik)
Chapter 32 (Coffee,coffee)
Chapter 33 (Belong with you)
Chapter 34 (I got you)
Chapter 35 (Loving him)
Chapter 36 (Suspicions)
Chapter 37 (Jealous)
Chapter 38 (Attitude)
Chapter 39 (Cold)
Chapter 40 (The other woman)
Chapter 41 (Confession)
Chapter 42 (Confession 2)
Chapter 43 (The lie in my marriage)
Chapter 44 (Shattered)
Chapter 45 (Far and away)
Chapter 46 (The divorce)
Chapter 47 (Consequences)
Chapter 48 (The aftermath)
Chapter 49 (Revelations)
Chapter 50 (Parting ways)
Chapter 51 (Forgiveness)
Chapter 52 (Fight for you)
Chapter 53 (Stay put)
Chapter 54 (Coming home)
Chapter 55 (Bitter sweet)
Chapter 56 (Another chance?)
Chapter 57 (Zain and Malik)
Chapter 58 (Hope)
Chapter 59 (Here with you)
Chapter 60 (Labour pains)

Chapter 19 (The Fundraiser)

2.1K 120 5
By khal2mukay

Her body ached due to going up and down from one office to another running errands. Her tiredness and lack of adequate sleep made obvious from the dark circles underneath her eyes.

It's a day to the fundraiser,an important event that management of the company organizes annually to raise money from donations by top influential people for the purpose of helping the needy and less privileged. The achievements and challenges encountered by this prestigious company are being highlighted at that event too.

Amal had been very busy for the past 5 days. She had been making calls and going up to the venue to ensure that the decorations,chairs and tables have been arranged in order. And that enough chairs have been provided. The theatre was actually very big making their work more time consuming.
Together with Amal,every other member of the Fundraiser planning committee had been very busy with their own portion of work.

"I think these banners should go a little up to make them more visible".

Amal spoke to one of the decorators.

"Here's some chilled strawberry smoothie for Hameedah". She heard a voice say from behind her. Even without turning she knew who that voice belongs to,no one other than Faisal. Besides he's the only person here who calls her by her second name. Smiling,she turned around and took the cup of smoothie from him.

"That's so nice of you Faisal,thank you so much. I needed this".
She sat in one of the chairs and began to sip her smoothie.

They had grown to be close in a short period of time. Faisal,being the friendly and jovial person he is has made it possible for her to be free with him.

"You're welcome ma'am".
He answered with a grin.

"These past few days have been hectic,i am always tired by default".
He added sitting on the podium.

"I agree with you,i promise after this fundraiser, i'll take a break and treat myself just right. Haven't been myself for atleast a week now ".

"Well you don't, the policy of this company is after every fundraiser or any major event,the planning committee members are allowed to take a one week break. So lucky you."

Faisal responded chuckling.

"That's super awesome, i just can't wait then". She said as she threw the empty cup of smoothie in the trash bin.

"Well then i gotta go see how the equipments installation is going on,catch you later". Faisal stood and headed to where the sound and lightning equipments are been installed.

"Alright later Faisal ". She got back to her work too.

At his office,Malik has been choked up with work too. Being the one in charge in making everything goes right with the fundraiser preparation,he surely had enough on his plate at the moment. His office had been flooding with different people lately including prominent people,he had attended about three meetings from morning to afternoon. He had seen how busy Amal had been,so made her bring his schedule to him. That way it'll be easy for him to keep in track the meetings and other activities he is to engage in without needing her assistance. He has noticed how tired she's been,with the dark circles and gloomy face due to stress as such he didn't want to add more to her stress even though she's his secretary and it's her job to handle his schedule.
He got out of his office to head to the big theatre where all arrangement for tomorrow's fundraiser is happening to see how everything is going on.
She was the first person he spotted spreading table clothes over the tables. He smiled inwardly at her sight,she's really dedicated to whatever she does and that's one thing he admires about her. He went up to see how the installation of lights and sound equipments is going on. There he met Faisal and some of his colleagues from the Engineering department working on it.

"Salam guys how's everything with the equipments? "
He shook hands with Faisal and his co workers.

"It's doing fine,Alhamdulillah sir. Just that we need more extentsion wires. Faisal responded.

"I will have them delivered to you Mr Faisal". Malik said as he turned to check on the other people.

She tried to her best ability to keep her eyes off him but it's becoming difficult. She was so glad that he didn't stop at her place when he entered the theatre first. She raised her head to see where he is now and locked eyes with the familiar pairs of dark brown eyes she has been avoiding. With the increasing speed in her heart,she quickly looked the other way and managed to get it together and act all engrossed in pinning the baloons she was working on.

He cleared his throat and spoke.

"So how's work going on over here?".

"It's going smoothly,no problems at all".
She responded with her eyes fixed on the pin and balloon in her hand.

He has noticed how tensed she has become by his presence, he felt a little off by that,for some reason,he wanted her to speak to him like he saw her talking with Faisal freely. Not that he's in a competition with him or anything close to that.

"If there's anything you need,you let me know. You can call or text me,i will be in my office". He spoke for the last time before turning to head back to his office.

"Sure thank you sir".
She muttered still focused on what she's working on.

She finally felt relieved after he has left, with a sigh she thought to herself that whatever it is she's feeling for Malik,she's really falling for the wrong person and it's hard to keep it all together because those feelings increase with every passing day.

****************************
" Hayati,remember to be ready as soon as you get back from office,i will come and fetch you because i need my wife by my side at this event today".

Zain chuckled at how he had been reminding her to be ready for the fundraiser event at their office today.

"I'm hearing this for the umpteenth time now,habibi you're behaving like a high school boy who just asked his crush to be his date for prom".

He glared at her pretending to be hurt as he approached her fixing the sleeves of his button up shirt.

"Is it a bad thing if i ask my wife to be my date? " . He asked cocking his eyebrow at her as he drew her closer to him.
"Besides i need some distraction from that boring event".
He added kissing her temples.

"It's a date hun,you'll find me all dressed up like a princess waiting on her Prince charming".
She answered leaning into him inhaling his cologne. Oh how she loves everything about Malik.

"You are my princess babe" .
He murmured in her ear making her grin at him. She helped him to finish dressing up and waved him off to office after which she freshen up and left for office too.

He passed by her office but couldn't see her there, though the door was left a little ajar meaning she's not gone far or she will be coming back to the office soon.

Just as he turned to get into his office he saw her approaching with two plastic cups in her hand,his heart was smiling but he refused to let his face reveal  was in his heart. He maintained the usual neutral facade he always has on.

"Good morning sir".
She managed to utter,seeing him standing by her office gave her mixed feelings. First her heart felt happy by seeing him alone but second,her mind feels disoriented because of what her heart felt.

"Good morning ".
He replied her averting his gaze somewhere else. He has noticed how he seem to train his eyes on her much lately and he didn't like it,so he's doing everything in his power to lower his gaze.

They stood there for some seconds  in silence without any of them speaking or looking at the other. The tension building up and becoming thick.

"Do you want me to hand your schedule?.. Not that there's any important meeting today".
She finally gathered the courage to speak.

"Yeah sure,bring it to my office please".

He answered making his way tohis office without looking back at her.

She kept her coffee on the table and took out his schedule and his coffee too. Yes,she got him coffee today,he didn't ask of it and it's not her routine bringing up coffee to him,but she entered the kitchen to make herself some coffee to help with her sleepiness and she instantly thought of him.
She gently pushed the door and entered into his office where she found him typing something in his computer. Raising his head to see who's at the door,he locked eyes with her,he quickly took his eyes off her and focused on the keyboard muttering some 'Astaghfirullah' seeking forgiveness from Allah. She calmly walked to his table and gently placed the coffee and his schedule on it.
"I thought you'd love some coffee".

"Thank you". He said to her with a small appreciative smile nodding at her in gratitude.

He was surprised at how she even thought of getting him coffee that morning.

She nodded at him and turned to leave for her office.

He took a sip of the coffee and was just perfect to him,just how he loves his coffee. Black and sugar free.

Amal went back to her office and set out to go to the theatre to make some final arrangements and ensure that the sitting arrangements are in order and all the ushers are present.
That was how they all worked for the whole day in anticipation of the event coming up later in the day.

*************************
"Maami which of these scarves do you think fits with my polka dots dress?".

Amal came out of the room with two scarves in her hand.

"I think the plane pink since your dress is printed,you don't need anything with so much prints as a scarf ". Her mother answered.

"Woah.. that's some great fashion tip Maami, way to go". Amal squealed at her mom running back into the room to finish getting ready.
She was dressed in a pink and black polka dots long flowy dress with white dots, she wrapped her head in a plane pink scarf as her mother suggested. Her make up was minimal and she wrapped up the look with a pair of black wedges and a black clutch. Even though she was still tired from the whole week's activities, she still couldn't afford to miss that night's event considering how they've worked on it.

"Now that's a great look Ma shaa Allah." Her mom said smiling happily at her.

"Thanks Maami ".
Amal gushed feeling happy too.

Just then,Amal's lit up indicating a message. She checked the message to see that it's the driver assigned for her from the office that came to fetch her.

"That's my ride Maami,time to go. I really wish you could come with me,it would've been fun". She pouted.

"Go Amal,i wish I'm healthy enough to go with you too, it's risky leaving you all by yourself for the night. Luckily it's the office car that came for you. Be safe in Allah's will ".

She felt a little emotional at her mom's short speech. She gave her a side hug and headed out.

At their home,Zain was already dressed in a black flair dress embroidered with lace on it's sleeves,the dress was loose but still it looked perfect on her slender figure,she decided to wear a low heeled silver sandals and  put her phone and house keys in her moschino clutch bag. She was pinning her scarf in place in front of the dresser when Malik  showed up  into the room. He was dressed in a black tuxedo,he wasn't wearing a tie this time which made him look casual and classy at the same time. He complimented his looks with a pair of nude Calvin Klein loafers.
"We're all black on black princess".

He murmured encircling her in his arms.

"Just look at us... you're so cute".
Zain grinned at him.

"Shall we,your majesty"..  Malik said with a bow holding her hand in his as he led their way out of the house.

The venue was already flooded with people,so Malik parked a little far from the actual parking lot to ease their way out when they are leaving for home. They walked hand in hand into the venue. 

She was busy ushering guests into the main theatre when she spotted them coming through. They were casually talking with their hands in each other's hand with smiles plastered on their faces. She suddenly felt her throat clogging as if she had been choked by some insoluble substance, she had no explanation why she felt such by the mere sight of Malik and his wife. The approached the entry and she managed to fake a smile which was hard for her considering how disoriented her mind had become.

"Good evening Mr and Mrs Ahmad,i will show you to your table".
She said with a forced smile.
Malik gave her a stern nod signalling for her to carry on,but Zain gave her a warm smile and she suddenly felt heart warmed by her smile. She showed them to their table and left them to settle. Indeed Malik has a great taste in women because his wife is just synonymous with the word  'perfect'. She suddenly felt her self esteem lower,she felt self conscious and felt she'd rather be anywhere but there. She looked at them from the side of her eye and saw the couple happily engrossed in a conversation.  They make a beautiful couple,she thought to herself trying to curb away the jealousy that's unfolding deep inside her. It's just stupid how she can be jealous of someone who doesn't have feelings for her,but what if she has feelings for that person,what if she has feelings for Malik?? What if she has silently fallen for him? "I am a mess,and definately on my own. Of all the men in the world,my boss... A married man. Oh Amal you're so on your own. It's going to be a long night".

She put on a smiling face and focused on her work,but deep down she knew she got alot on her plate,but now is not the time. However,sooner or later, she'll come to face her greatest fear,that she has indeed fallen in love with Malik of which she couldn't tell why or how.

*****************
Salam #TLIMMsquad... what's up with y'all?  Hope we good and i hope you've  enjoyed the chapter. Did y'all see Amal my girl... darn she in trouble already inniittt.... hehhe. Please show your girl some love and vote,share and comment as you read every chapter, every line,every sentence and every word. I deeply appreciate it. See y'all in the next chapter. Stay beautiful ❤💕.

#TLIMMsquad
#TLIMM

P:S
The media attached is how i picture #Zainmalik at the event. Sorry i can't find a perfect photo for Amal's dress. 🙏

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.2K 113 13
"𝘈𝘴𝘴𝘢𝘭𝘢𝘮𝘶 𝘈𝘭𝘢𝘪𝘬𝘶𝘮." Hamza said as soon as he enter in his room and then sit on the bed. Zainab look up with mixed emotions she open he...
181K 11.6K 34
REACHED #26 IN SPIRITUAL ON August 1/2018 ---- Laila gets a wedding proposal from someone who wants to stay anonymous till the day of their wedding. ...
1.4M 67K 33
He once abandoned her to her bullies, but now he has redemption on his mind. Little does he know that this woman has other plans and that life would...
124K 11.8K 58
Book one in the Dantata Series She joked about getting a husband at the wedding. He was the groom's cousin. They say some love stories start when you...