My Schizophrenic Lover (Under...

By Love_Albrecht

Kaden is a 15 year-old kid in foster care that has no idea was love is, being raised in an abusive home for 1... More

Introduction Note - READ THIS PLEASE
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
SKIP THIS CHAPTER
SKIP THIS CHAPTER
Chapter 10 ♦ Kissed ♦
Chapter 11 ♦ Choked ♦
Chapter 12 ♦ These Little Moments ♦
Chapter 13 ♦ The Man In The Duct Tape Isle ♦
Chapter 14 ♦ Fight Or Flight ♦
Chapter 15 ♦ Your Last Chance ♦
Chapter 16 ♦ You Cant Understand Me ♦
Chapter 17 ♦ Could This Day Get Any Worse? ♦
Chapter 18 ♦ Had to Tell ♦
Chapter 19 ♦ I'll Love You Forever ♦
Chapter 20 ♦ No Matter What ♦
Chapter 21 ♦ Untitled ♦
Chapter 22 ♦ Katie ♦
Chapter 23 ♦ Set Up ♦
SKIP THIS CHAPTER
SKIP THIS CHAPTER
SKIP THIS CHAPTER
Chapter 27 - but Echo might eat me... - <3
Chapter 28 - I'm gonna miss you - <3
Chapter 29 - You were clearly the favorite child - <3
Chapter 31 - Why can't you just be normal!?! - <3
Chapter 32 - You hear voices? - <3
Chapter 33 - Comfortably, Uncomfortable -
Chapter 34 - Thank you Brecken... -
Chapter 35 - Admitting is the first step -
Chapter 36 - The icing on the cake -
Chapter 37 - A night to forget? -
Chapter 38 - Drowning in a puddle of flashbacks -
Chapter 39 - Why don't you understand?!? -
It's not quite over yet :)
Thank you

Chapter 30 - we have a bowling alley... That's about it- <3

5.7K 93 15
By Love_Albrecht

Chapter 30

---Kaden's POV---

"Good morning" Someone sang from the kitchen. I rose up from the brown leather couch beneath me, stretched my tired arms with a yawn and crashed back down to the couch. "Want some Fruit Loops, or some Lucky Charms?" Nicole asked.

"Lucky Charms please" I yawned in answer rolling off the couch and on to the floor.

After She had made me a bowl of cereal It was set on the counter in front of me and then she took her place next to me. "So what should we do today?"

"I have no idea." I mumbled shaking my head.

"You ok?" she asked with concern.

"Yeah I'm fine. Just not feelin so amazing." I sighed and continued to eat my Lucky Charms.

"Anything I can get ya'?" Nicole asked as her motherly instincts kicked in.

"No I kind of just wanna lay down" I admitted finishing up his breakfast.

"Ok. Movies it is" She smiled.

"Sounds good to me" I said swinging off the barstool. I drug myself to the couch.

Nicole pulled the blinds closed and sat at my feet. "Horror?" she asked.

"Sure" I nodded. I never had anyone to watch horror movies with so I was willing to take advantage of this opportunity.

She jumped up and put in The Woman In Black and sat back down at my feet. She then handed me a black and red checkered blanket that I wrapped around myself.

We then watched: The Woman In Black, The Devil Inside, Dawn Of The Dead, The Blair Witch Project, and Friday The 13th.

* * * *

It was 9 o'clock when me and Nicole were eating a bowl of Lucky Charms for a late dinner.

My phone buzzed to life crawling across the countertop. I picked it up to see Tyler was calling.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Hey... So I thought I would just call you to tell you your baby sister had a seizure... We're at the hospital but no one will really talk to us... It's not looking to good." he sighed. He sounded worried which was understandable.

"I'll... I'll try to get out of here. Next flight out." I nodded. All I could think about was Ava and her cute smile.

"Ok. I know you're the only one she wants to see right now. She keeps asking for you..." he said quietly.

"Tell her I'll be there." I promised. Just hoping that it was a true promise.

"Ok I will."

"I'll see you in a couple hours"

"Ok sounds good." he said hanging up.

"What's going on?" Nicole asked.

"My little sister, Ava. Had a seizure. And she keeps asking for me. Like she only wants me." I explained.

"Well then you need to go home." she nodded. "right now"

I smiled, thankful that she understood my situation.

"My parents will be home in about thirty minutes. You go pack. I'll book our flight and then my parents can take us to the airport." she smiled picking up her laptop from the center table.

Without another word I rushed to her room and gathered up all my stuff which was like... Nothing really. She ran in behind me and started packing to come with me.

"Can I ask you something?" I questioned turning to face her.

"Sure go ahead." she nodded folding a few shirts to fit neatly in her bag.

"Why exactly are you coming?" wow... I didn't realize how rude that sounded until I said it out loud.

"Because I wanna meet your family too. And it's perfect since I'm on Fall Break and all. Do you not want me to?" her words dropped along with her face.

"No. No. Its fine I was haut wondering." I admitted.

"Ok" she chirped.

By the time her patents had gotten home we were packed and ready to go.

"Mom!" Nicole yelled dragging her suitcase out to the door.

"Yes?" she called back.

"Will you drive us to the airport?" Nicole asked.

Her mom walked out from the living room with a confused look on her face. "Excuse me?"

"Kaden needs to go home. Right now. So I booked us a flight for midnight and it's 10 o'clock now so... Yeah we should probably be going now." she nodded as if this was just all so normal.

"Why do you have to go so soon honey?" Cindy asked looking at me.

"My little sister, had a seizure. And it's not lookin so good..." I explained again.

"Ok... Sounds like a good reason." she nodded grabbing her keys.

Nicole and I loaded into the car and we were waiting in line at security just forty-five minutes later.

"I'm so excited. You don't even know" Nicole grinned.

"I don't know why. It's nothing special. Little tiny town. Takes 6 years and 3 days to get there and there is no Disneyworld. There's a bowling alley. That's as fun as it gets" I said expressionlessly.

"Just all the natural beauty. And I want to meet everyone." she said as she handed her ticket to one of the security guards.

"Thank you and have a nice flight" she said checking her off. "Name?" she then asked me as I handed her my ticket.

"Kaden Albrecht" I answered.

"And your age sweetie?"

"15" I nodded as she handed me back my ticket.

I always got nervous walking through those metal detecting archways. Even thought I wasn't hiding anything, it still freaked me out.

Stepping through the lighted archway roared to life with annoying beeps and flashing lights.

"Wait what?" I asked.

"Excuse me son I'm going to need you to step right over here." one of the large security officers asked.

"No no. You don't understand this is a mistake." I pleaded.

"Relax kid. This will only take a second." he promised. "Legs apart" he demanded kicking my feet.

He ran a metal detected up ad down my person in search for whatever I was hiding.

When there was no luck they gave me my things back and I was let on my way.

Nicole and I made our way to our gate and sat down where we were supposed to be.

My phone began to ring again. This time it was Echo.

"Hey" I answered.

"Hey. I miss you" she said sweetly. "So were you able to get a flight up here?"

"yeah I was. We land in Vegas at 4 AM." I sighed.

"Ok me and Lyndsey have been assigned to come get you so, we will meet you there."

I smiled just knowing she was the first person I would get to see. "Ok sweet. I can't wait to see you."

"I can't wait to see you either." she laughed.

Just then the loud speaker screamed over the crowds noises to say that it was time to board.

"Well i gotta go. My flight is boarding." I said taking Nicole's hand and leading the way.

We took our seats and I pushed in my skullcandy headphones looking forward to sleeping.

A airplane seat may not have been extremely comfortable but it was better than concrete right?

Slipping into a deep sleep before the plane even left the ground. Dreaming about Ava and praying she was going to be ok.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.5K 327 31
Rise is 14 years old. He has been in foster care for almost 11 of those years. All of the homes he has been in so far have been abusive or unfit. He...
1.3K 90 21
"If you love me, you won't leave me." Jessie has believed those words from her boyfriend, Josh, since senior year of high school. She loves him and d...
226K 7.8K 21
Crystal is a seventeen year old. She has been abused for eleven years. Her brother Austin is the next in line for Alpha of the blood moon pack, he is...
91.5K 1.8K 29
a girl named y/n was wondering around at the age of 19. she was wondering around a old abandoned city or just a little town till it gets dark and she...