One Piece X Reader: SOULMATES

By Sophabelluca

Once upon a time there was a big bustling city named Soulmate City! The reason this place was so popular was... More

Introduction
Reader X Ace "Who's Afraid Of The Big Bad Arsonist?"
Reader X Law "Garden Of Love"
Reader X Kidd "Magic's In The Air, Or In The Blood"
Reader X Luffy "Pizza Or War!"
Reader X Mihawk "Stitching Up The Lonely Hearts"
Reader X Doflamingo "Run Demon Run"
Reader X Shanks "MEMES DABS AND MOAR"
Reader X Sabo "The Town Scrooge"
Reader X Sanji "The Town Rat"
Reader X Robin "Sadistic Pleasures"
Reader X Drake "Make A Wish"
Reader X Zoro "Hitman The Gunslinger, Or, Gunslinger The Hitman"
Reader X Koby "The Bad Girl's Good Boy"
Requests Closed
Reader X Moria "Horror Story"
Reader X Hancock "Dominance"
Reader X Killer "Chase You Down"
Reader X Whitebeard "We Speak In Flowers"
Reader X Katakuri "Ten Long Years"
Reader X Cracker: "Big Shot"
Reader X Smoker "Outmatched, Outwitted, and Overwhelmed"
Reader X Ichiji "Appreciation"

Reader X Nami "I Don't Take What I Want, I Steal It"

5K 120 15
By Sophabelluca

How long have you been kept here? In this cold cell that never once comforted you, in this brutal prison that was run by pigs? Pigs that didn't give a rat's ass about what happened to you, just as long as you continued to live, only to continue your suffering.

You don't remember anything outside the walls, sometimes you wondered if there ever really was a time outside the walls, cages and steel bars were all you ever knew, you also knew why you were here, that information being the only thing that kept you relatively calm all this time.

From what you understood, when you were born there was a prediction, some holy woman bitch predicted that you were going to be the soulmate of someone who would become part of a great threat to society as they knew it in the future, so they kept you hidden away, biding their time, waiting for the moment to strike for them to use you to their advantage, they always believed they might discover who you 'belonged' to on the way, and they did too, storing that info somewhere far out of your reach just to cause you anguish, but you've already lost any hope of escaping this hell.

You were already in your prime, meaning if they, your soulmate didn't find you now, they most likely never will, but you already resigned yourself to your fate in the first decade of being locked away in here, forgotten for good, as you thought of it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Akainu frowned down at the full table of the police's top officers, disappointed in every one of them, including himself, how was it that they couldn't do anything as evil terrorized and did what they wanted?

"I've been patient, but now that has come to run out" several men stiffened when they came into contact with his molten pools for eyes, drowning in his heated glare, pounding onto the table in rage, Akainu bit down on his cigar until it snapped, falling into his lap, "how is it that whenever those supernova criminals do something, we never justify them!? Why is it that while they grow more powerful with their disgusting soulmates by their sides, we can't even stop those insufferable, greenhorn Strawhats!?" The mention of the group of problem children made a few whose gone aloof in the room finally pay attention.

Garp the fist jolted, woken up from his nap and immediately began to laugh, "hahaha! That's my grandson!" Akainu didn't even bother threaten the man's life after having done so many times before with no progress, but he still didn't calm down as he stood abruptly, making his chair screech across the floor.

"Not only is that Strawhat poking his nose in everything he can! Those who follow him are also starting to run amok, becoming just as unruly as he is" still seething as rolls of heat waves emitted from his body, the tanned tank of a man still settled down enough to sit back down as a hooded cop in a coat walked in with several papers.

Having all the room's attention on him, he looked to the table of officers before posting the papers on the chalk board behind him on the wall, "as days have gone by, the Strawhat's activity has begun to steadily increase, as has the audacity in their crimes, the hit man 'Roronoa Zoro' has been looting more and more liquor stores and causing more riots, the gunman has become more confident in stealing gunpowder and pistols, not to mention using them in public areas, even worse their cat burglar has begun to even start swiping in the broad of day" this made Smoker puff out an irritable amount of smoke.

"Jeez, the punks are starting to act more like their leader, for better or for worse I hope not to know" the police chief slammed his hands onto the table, "those brats are just taking whatever they want! And we need to bring them to justice!" Bastille just snorted from under his mask, "and how do you propose we do that? We've tried almost every tactic we know on each of them" Others reluctantly nodded along with him, afraid to catch the lava man's attention.

Looking down at the wanted posters, Akainu frustratingly tugged at his hair from under his cap as he stared deep in thought at the posters of the criminal evils that constantly plagued his mind, the leader was definitely the one they needed to take down, but he reasoned that doing so would require bringing down all his allies first.

But there were so many connections he almost didn't know where he could start and how to get them alone, there was that damn Nico Robin, but that woman was already apprehended before and they failed, there was the gunman, but somehow he developed the same ability as his leader when it came to inspiring others to fight by his side, the cook and hit man, but those two were always in the presence of their formidable and tricky soulmates.

Scratching off each member off his list, Akainu was this close to burning the whole room down when he happened upon the last member in his files, "what about the cat burglar?" Never has he tried to take her, in fact she was one of the ones that kept to the shadows of the group.

"Well sir she's a crafty one, we've had several arrest attempts when we've been given a rare scoop, but she always gets away in the end, there's no tricks she'll fall for either, goading, blackmail, not to mention we can't even get tips anymore now the underworld's best information broker allied herself with them" squinting his eyes down at the paper he paused at the small light of an idea, "have you tried hostages?" He growled.

Tsuru scowled at him through her deceiving wrinkles, "she's a cold one that girl, only keeps loyalties to her gang, she doesn't have a soulmate as far as we know either" cussing at the information, the raven was just about to call the meeting off in his frustration when a small scribble in the corner of the last page caught his attention.

"Hold on...you" turning to the coated officer, the other straightened his posture, "get me the file on cellmate #29394" Garp's eye twitched at the name, scowling at Akainu when the man left the room, "wait a second, what are you planning here?" The older man growled, he knew that cellmate, and he always thought it was unfair on how she was kept here, never having committed a crime, not to mention how the lack of both her soulmate and human contact eroded her sympathy, it was pitiful.

Coldly smirking when the man returned with a file, Akainu almost laughed in victory at what he found inside it, "what I'm planning here.." he tore out a page and proudly showed it off to the table of worried cops, "..is using her soulmate here, as bait" many at the table frowned at his happy grin, none liking this amoral plan at all.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nami smiled when she heard that beautiful sound, a soft click that would go unnoticed from anyone else but those like her, opening up the chest she spent hours on, the strawberry blonde was not disappointed with what she found inside as she reached in and grinned at the sparkling gold ingots.

After looking around for one last camera check, the woman shoved all the gold specks into her sack, rolling up a piece of paper before shoving it into the empty container.

Taking the bag, she walked over to the window she wedged open earlier and slipped through it, only to nearly choke when it refused to fit through the thin space, frowning at the predicament she got herself into, Nami spun around and gripped both her hands onto the bag, using her foot to make some pressure as she pulled even harder.

It refused to even budge, but her situation only got worse when the owners finally returned early, opening the door to the room, two men dressed in fine suits paused shocked halfway through their conversation, after a moment of silence, the one with the bald head suddenly went red with anger, and that was her sign to leave.

Giving it one last heave, Nami felt it suddenly give away and pop out of the hole, falling flat on her ass just in time to hear a gunshot that was originally aimed for her head, fortunately missing it's target but still getting away with several of her long glistening strands.

Not wanting to stick around, she was immediately on her feet and rushing out of there, smirking inwardly when she heard their howls of rage, a mighty nice feeling.

Escaping from the area, she slid into a sewer hole, one that was actually a hidden underground tunnel used by the criminals of the town to get to the black market, which was also hidden down there, glancing up to see two pairs of shoes rush by, she almost wanted to tease them, but she didn't.

Turning her heel away from the exit, she walked deeper, the concrete soon turning into ground as she went, signaling she was getting closer to her destination, taking a left in a forked road, she saw a thin man up ahead, guarding a large metal elevator.

"Password and identity mam" ignoring his curious glances to her sack as he reached behind him, Nami blinked at the man with a small snort, "'cat burglar' Nami, and the password is, 'Akainu sucks balls'" can't helping but snort in amusement at the answer, the man stepped aside, allowing her to pass.

Taking the rickety elevator down, Nami strutted out when it opened, looking around at what shops were up today since they changed it all the time, eyes getting adjusted to the adequate lighting the lanterns strung around provided.

As she walked through, she noticed a few cool weapons on sale, but swiftly decided against it since she was more than content with the device Usopp made her, glancing to the side she caught sight of someone selling SMILE, knowing that it was some sort of miracle drug that gave norms powers, but she also heard there were reports of risky side effects and decided to stay away.

Frowning at the lack of things in today, she was about to head back to the exit elevators when she noticed someone motioning to her from a shop, and after looking at the person face-to-face she realized it was Sanji's soulmate.

Quickly making her way over to her through the crowd, Nami huddled near the girl, "hey! What are you doing here? I thought you stopped selling information in the black market?" Shaking her head, the rat glanced around before frowning at her in seriousness, "you're not safe Nami" the strawberry blonde paled, knowing her information was always one hundred and fifty percent credible.

"What's going on?" Looking around, as if the information broker felt as if they were being listened onto, she leaned in even closer, "Nami, word is on the street that the popo are getting real frustrated with how successful and bold the Strawhats are getting, and you're their first target" Feeling dread begin to pull at her, Nami almost felt unsafe right at that moment.

"Okay, I'll lay low for a while, Luffy will probably understand as long as I still show up for get-together's" the woman smiled, but Nami noticed that her eyes weren't reaching her smile as well, "what is it? Is there something else I should know?" Once again she felt nervous with what the other might say.

With almost saddened eyes, the information broker bit her lip, "they're planning on using a hostage to smoke you out" immediately scowling at the info, Nami went onto the attack, "I fucking swear if they're planning on dragging my sister into this shit-" "they got your soulmate" they both went quiet.

"What?" Nami felt as if someone was squeezing her throat, this couldn't be, "that's a load of crap, I know your info is supposed to be nothing but fact, but I've looked everywhere and searched everythi-" "even the prisons?" Feeling her eyes widen, Nami went silent, "I can't tell you where this information came from, but I promise you it's the real thing, apparently when your soulmate was born, someone was able to predict that you were going to be their soulmate, so the police have been keeping them locked up their entire life, waiting to use them against you.." the strawberry blonde couldn't believe it.

The soulmate that she always dreamed of meeting, getting to know, loving, the one that she always had fantasies of as a kid, the one that Bellemere always said she couldn't wait to meet, the soulmate that she searched for almost half her fucking life in crime, has been in a cold, prison this entire time, because of her.

Seeing the rage in her eyes, the information broker almost felt regret telling her all that, "Nami-" "my soulmate has been in fucking prison their entire life!?" She was pissed, how dare those impudent cops do such a thing just to get her ticked off.

Turning away to go show them how ticked she really was, Nami cussed when the rat gripped onto her wrist, "Nami wait, if you're gonna do this, at least tell the others first" glaring hard into the girl's pleading orbs, the pickpocket took a moment before reluctantly agreeing, "fine" but it was halfhearted.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The gang sat at their table, all looking to Nami and Sanji's soulmate in worry, "Nami, you've been acting tense this whole evening, what's going down?" Zoro was actually acting concerned for once, even if his scowl was still there, he was still worried, if just a bit.

Taking in an uneasy breath, Nami calmed herself down, but to no avail she still growled out the words with bitter venom, "the police have my soulmate" her face was stone cold and reflected nothing but anger, but on the inside she was wounded greatly, she just couldn't imagine how being in a cell for their entire life affected them, how it hurt them to not have her around and protect them.

The others stiffened in surprise, all not believing their eyes when the strong strawberry blonde completely unraveled into a sudden sobbing mess, Sanji was quick to move behind her, trying his hardest to comfort her, "when did this happen?" The gangsters all turned to Luffy, seeing his signature hat ominously shadow his eyes, perhaps for the best in case they drowned seeing the anger they held.

"A-All their l-life...they've been k-keeping them stuck in s-some cold fucking jail t-this entire time" Robin then walked over to her when Nami's sobs became even more uncontrollable, slamming her head repeatedly on the table in frustration, Luffy though remained silent.

Just when Zoro almost felt like trying to say something to give her hope- or at least stop her from giving herself a concussion, the leader suddenly smashed a hole into the table, stunning them all into silence, standing up with conviction, Luffy tore off his hat and shoved it onto Nami's head, making a few stray tears drip down from her cheeks, seeing the rage in her boss' brown orbs.

"Let's get em!" Cheering at his shout, the group all rushed from their respective places and darted for where their weapons lied, preparing for a battle at the main police station, as she watched them all move about like bees in a hive, Nami clutched onto the brim of the hat a little tighter, feeling hope bubble within her chest.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was silent, wasn't it always? But this silence somehow felt even more tense then usual, like a storm of some kind was brewing, just waiting to be unleashed, but you thought that you were just imagining things, there was nothing to get your hopes up for.

As far as you were concerned, you were born here, and you were inevitably going to die here, never would you get to feel the comfort of your soulmate, the emotion behind their kisses, the feeling of protection within their arms, nor would you ever going to tell them how much they meant to you.

Yes, they were the reason you were here, but you couldn't care less, it wasn't their fault after all, but you were grateful to them, thinking of them was the only thing that kept you going, what kept you alive, even if you didn't want to admit it, you still hold onto a bit of faith, you had faith that they were going to find you, they were everything that you held onto all this time.

Closing your eyes, you thought about them once again, fantasizing what they looked like, although you were slightly embarrassed to say it, you hoped they were a woman, men were stupid, prideful and very confusing, you couldn't understand them or the things they cared about, but you were fond of girls.

Opening your eyes, they softened at the strays of light that poked through the narrow window, a sudden warmth was consuming you, and you didn't know why, but you started to feel less frail, it was like something was suddenly giving you hope again.

But without having your soulmate for so long, you still felt empty inside, glancing deeply into the light, you slowly inched closer to it, ignoring the rattling of the chains that bound you, placing a soft hand onto the rails covering the window, a soft whisper slipped from your lips, "please..I need you..." it was soft, in fact even you couldn't hear it yourself, not even after the silence continued to ring, not hearing an echo at all.

Boom.

Your eyes suddenly burst to life at the sound, hearing the giant explosion go off far away from where you were kept, your breath went still in your throat when an electrical sensation blossomed in your chest, could it be?

Feeling a small smile of hope dare make its way into your heart, you bounded to the bars, squeezing them in your excitement as police officers suddenly rushed by your cell, all heading to the same direction the commotion was coming from, wearing masks of bravery and professionalism.

You almost couldn't believe it, you didn't want to in case this was all some misunderstanding, anyone could have been breaking in after all, but that sensation in your chest kept telling you otherwise, it just had to be them, it had to.

Feeling tears swell up in your eyes, as the noise grew louder you felt your lungs heave, filling up with air before you even understood what you were doing, "here!" You screamed, "I'm here!" You continued to shout, as long as they found you, as long as you got out of here, you didn't care if you became hoarse or even mute.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nami heard it, that single shout that cried above all the violence around her, quickly regaining her composure, the thief immediately cracked down a bolt of lightning with her staff on the officers opposing her.

"Luffy!" The strawhat boy turned to face her right after he gave a good left swing, seeing the desperation in her vibrant orbs he nodded, giving her permission to go out alone.

Remembering to give the boy her thanks later, the woman skid past many of the police and slipped away unnoticed, speeding down an empty hall full of empty cells, looking into each one as she ran, Nami almost wanted to cry feeling the sensation inside her grow even more powerful, they were so damn close.

She almost missed them, but in the final cell she saw you, one weak girl was kept here and it almost made the strawberry blonde want to beat herself up for never searching here before, you were crying, globs of tears streaming down your eyes like a fountain, your eyes looked at her with such longing and love, she almost felt like she didn't deserve a gaze like that from you, your (H/L) (H/C) locks were scattered all around you, shackles bound your thin (S/C) arms to the prison walls like an animal, the right out offense immediately set her off.

Without any hesitation, Nami lunged to the cell and gripped your head with both her hands, feeling herself crying as well when you smiled up at her with trembling, chapped lips and began to continuously mumble hoarsely, almost as if you were two steps closer to becoming delusional, "oh my god I knew it I knew you'd come I knew it oh god you're so beautiful I'm so happy right now I feel so happy I can't believe you're actually here oh god you have no idea how happy I am to see you-" Nami couldn't stop herself from dragging you into a desperate kiss.

Pouring all the affection she could, Nami reached for your back and pulled you as close as you could with the bars in between you, feeling blood rush to your face, you felt embarrassed when she shamelessly pressed her chest into yours, hands falling lower to your ass before pulling you even closer in a rough and uncouth manner.

Feeling too weak against her fiery passion, you let her do as she pleased as her hands then moved to your arms, unknowing to the quick fingers that were tinkering with your shackles.

By the time you realized what she was up to, both the heavy iron loops dropped to the ground, clattering as they struck the ground, causing your hands to immediately spring to the tender flesh that was kept under them all these years, hissing at how they slightly stung at your delicate touch and throbbed at their new freedom.

Bringing your head back up to face her, you frowned at the bonfire raging out of control behind her shimmering brown orbs, not liking it one bit, you decided to get her mind away from the reality of your moment, "what's your name?" Thankfully the chaotic look in her eye disappeared, replaced with an expression of surprise.

Softening at you, some of the woman's long hair softly slid off her shoulder and hung in front of her chest as her hands went to preoccupy themselves with the lock on your cell, "I'm Nami, and your's?" She answered in a quiet voice.

"I'm...uhh....." Nami looked up at you in shock and turmoil, completely mortified seeing the confusion on your face, "y-you don't remember your own name?" Feeling sadness pool in your chest, you looked down in shame, "I-I don't think I was..given one to begin with..." biting the inside of your cheek you felt frustration engulf you.

"..(Y/N)..." looking to her in surprise, you gasped as the cell suddenly opened up, "your name, if you don't have one, I'll give you one" feeling tears make their way to your eyes, you felt a warmth chase the darkness away as she wiped them off and kissed any that escaped down your cheeks, "you're (Y/N)" and as soon as it escaped her lips you immediately loved the name.

Doing everything you could to keep yourself from breaking down in tears of happiness, you let her pick you up, mildly surprising you with her amazing strength, as she sped down the empty hallways away from the fight, you focused on the click clacking of her sandals, resting your head on her shoulder.

As she made a few turns, some of her long hair got into your face, allowing you to take a whiff of her scent, catching the hint of ink and a strong smell of citrus, you couldn't stop yourself from loving it, the scent already made you feel at home and safe, like you were completely out of harm's way.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feeling as if you were suddenly dragged out of some fantasy, you softly moaned, noticing that you were laying on something soft and encased in something fluffy, tiredly opening your eyes, you blinked at the sunlit room, soaking in all the details around the room.

Sitting up in the bed, you turned to see a shelf full of boxes, scrolls, books, and photos, you noticed Nami in one of them with a blue haired woman, standing side by side and fondly holding one another in a hug, they didn't look related and that mildly concerned you, but you weren't going to jump to any conclusions, you'd just ask Nami later.

Turning your head to the desk, you saw an ink jar and feather pen, both laying on top of an unfinished map of some sort of building, when something sparkling suddenly caught your eye, you glanced to the edge of the desk to see a pair of glasses folded neatly, the rays of the sunset reflecting off the lenses.

Looking to the ceiling to see several important stars for mapping and giant lines pointing towards north and south, you almost got lost in trying to read them when loud, boisterous voices above suddenly appeared, making you finally realize your surroundings.

Carefully slipping out of the sheets, you weakly tiptoed to the door, quietly opening it to find a door right ahead of you and a hallway leading to your right, deciding to follow the hallway, it didn't take long for you to come across the stairs, looking up uncertain, you saw shadows move, now listening to the clear voices as you silently walked up.

"I swear if you bastards wake up (Y/-" peeking your head around the corner, Nami immediately spotted you and paused, right before she would have hit a straw-hatted teenager and some long nosed guy, seeing Nami freeze, others in the room turned to see you.

"...Hi" smiling at their welcoming aura, Nami immediately came to you and hugged you into her side, causing you to rest your head on her shoulder out of instinct, not resisting at all when she picked you up bridal style and led you back to her room, not minding at all as you gave the men a small wave goodbye.

Laying back onto the bed, you felt a warmth spread to your core when she hovered above you, giving you an affectionate kiss, smirking down at you knowing how inexperienced you were to romance, Nami grinned, making you pale.

"Don't worry (Y/N)" tilting her body so she landed to the side of you, she happily wrapped her hand around your's making you smile as well, "we have all the time in the world now to get to know one another" she mummered.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Holy shit I know I went overboard on this one x'D

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.5K 1.1K 28
[MODERN AU] COMPLETED โ˜‘๏ธ The only love Luffy had in his life were hookups, one-night stands, and one relationship that ended horribly. He's never be...
5.9K 268 9
[One Piece x Kubo!Reader] "If you must blink, do it now" Dreams and reality are two different things, different worlds so it's very hard to discern w...
8.2K 472 54
โš ๏ธTHIS BOOK IS PG-13! PLEASE DO NOT READ IF YOU AREN'T 13 OR OLDER!โš ๏ธ Everyone has to be perfect. Nobody can be out of the ordinary. Being different...
2.2K 70 11
Started: Aug 24, 2023- ? You are a strong young woman who ate a dog devil fruit and wants to travel the Grandline. Wanting adventure, looking for lov...