Unlock His Heart.

By Proud-To-Be-Muslim

(The Love Series: Book 3) "Unlock His Heart" ----------------- Zayan Ali is 28 years old business man who jus... More

Introduction.
Chapter 1: Nightmare.
Chapter 2: Fear.
Chapter 3: All Alone.
Chapter 5: Adeel Birthday.
Chapyer 6: I promise.
Chapter 7: A Day Out With Brother.
Chapter 8: Sister From Another Mother.
Chapter 9: Shopping With Family.
Chapter 10: Nikkah.
Chapter 11: Fight & Flashback.

Chapter 4: Paper Work, Meeting & Early Dinner.

2K 123 3
By Proud-To-Be-Muslim

*Paper Work, Meeting & Early Dinner*

--------------------------------------------------------

-Fatima-

"So what did you think about Saif?" Mom asked me as we sit on the dining table to have breakfast. I shrugged and swallow the last bite of my breakfast. 

"He is okay. I didn't really get to know him, but I will think about this proposal again." I didn't want to but I see them getting their hopes high. 

"If you want to know him better we can arrange something for both of you." Dad suggest making me surprised. I didn't think he would suggest something like that, but again, I know why they are doing this.

"I have to leave for work." I give my goodbyes after nodding him to do what he want. They were happy and it makes me smile. 

When I walk in Zayan office, I put his usual coffee cup on his desk and pass his office to walk into mine. It is almost 9 which means, he is going to be here. I quickly open his schedule for today on my iPad and get ready to start my work. I looked up at the door as the clock ticked and show sharp 9 Am. Zayan enter in his office putting his bag on visitor chair and sit on his own chair.

I quickly stood up and walk in his room as he pick up his cup and turned on his laptop. He give me a glance before looking back down and I started to ramble his schedule for the day. He had to do paperwork till the lunch time than he had a meeting after lunch on the other side of the city to make deal with some old client. After that meeting, he had nothing important to do so maybe he can go home and I can leave as well. 

When the lunch time come, Zayan and I left for the meeting, but first stop quickly for some lunch. As I ride down, I saw his face cold as always and it honestly scared me sometimes. I wish Adeel was here so he could lighten his mood, but sadly he had to stay in office to make some presentation. Adeel had different assistant. Adeel and Zayan decide who had to go for outdoor meetings and who had to stay in office. Mostly, Zayan deal with meeting outside of the office because Adeel is lazy and didn't want to go out much. 

"Your car is right there." I told Zayan as we pass his car. Steven wasn't anywhere to find. I was looking back at his car and keep walking to catch up with him, which almost caused me to bump into his back. "Sorry."

"We are taking your car. I don't want to deal with Steven right now." He mumbled and take out his hand. I look at him confused and rolled my eyes. 

"I will drive." I told him and quickly turned around when I heard a sound that I almost forget, his laugh. He wasn't laughing, but I did see amusement in his eyes and his lips, trying not to curl up. 

"We want to get in meeting on time." He says causally while I look at him with a glare. 

"Did you just say something about my driving speed?" I asked him. He shrugged and crossed his arms.

"I did." He rolled his eyes and take his hand out again. "Now." I held his gaze for few minutes and drop my keys in his hand when he didn't back away.

"Don't think that I back away. I am just hugry and didn't want to argue about something stupid." I mumbled and went to sit on passenger seat. I was about to sit in when I saw Zayan shaking his head with a smile that he rarely show. I look away before he could notice me looking at him.

As Zayan drive, I see his phone ringing but he ignore it and put his phone on silent. I look out of window and think how much relaxed he look right now. He wasn't tense, but he did keep his usual cold look on his face. It was normal for me while others find it scary which make me think why.  I smiled as I saw Zayan pulling in the parking lot of my favorite pizza place. When he turned off the car, we get out and walk toward the entrance. I stop and look at Zayan when he stop as well and look down at his phone.

"Go inside. I will be there in a few minutes." I nodded and went inside. I pick a table by the window and quickly order mine and Zayan favorite pizza. 

I look out of the window and saw Zayan pacing with his hand on his forehead. He was listening to someone other side. Suddenly, he turned and his eyes fixed on me as he says something to the person. He nodded, but didn't look away, which make me uncomfortable.

I look away and saw the waitress bringing our order. I smiled at her in thanks and look out of the window to see Zayan but frowned when I didn't see him. I quickly stood up to check on him and jumped in surprise when suddenly he came in front of me. 

"I am sorry." He says as he saw my scared face. I take a deep breath to calm down my heart beat and take my seat again. 

"Are you okay?" I asked him. He nodded and start eating his lunch. I was confused but didn't say anything and start eating as well.

***

We walk toward the receptionist and stop at her desk. She was busy on the phone and look at us before looking away. I saw Zayan glaring at her for a minute, but he looks away and his eyes roamed around the lobby. I check the time and saw it was only a minute left to our meeting. I started to get irritated. I take a deep breath and slam my hand on the desk. The receptionist jumps and glare at me. She says on the line to call later and hung up. 

"Yes, how can I help you?" She rolled her eyes at us. I look at Zayan and saw him losing himself, but before he could say something I cut him off.

"We want to know about the Mr. Khan floor." I told her. She told us the floor and pick up the phone again. I rolled my eyes and we walk toward the elevator. I press the button for the elevator to come down. 

I look beside me and didn't see Zayan. I look back and saw him kneeling beside the table and something shiny was in his hand. My eyes widened as I look what he is doing. He cut the wire of the phone hanging on the side of the table with an excto knife. He put it back and quickly walk over with a calm look on his face. He was lucky because the receptionist was facing on other and there wasn't anyone here beside us. I laugh quietly as she cut the call and press the redial button. In annoyance she slammed the phone down. 

"What was that for?" I asked soon as we enter in empty elevator and I press the button of the Mr. Khan floor. He didn't look at me and shrugged. 

"I didn't like her attitude." I shake my head and his excuse and get out when we reach on the floor. 

"Let's get over it." I nodded and followed him toward the Mr. Khan office.

***

Meeting went on for almost 3 hours with Mr. Khan trying to convince Zayan about to get him a place for his new construction. Zayan firmly says that we construct a building, we didn't deal in getting client their favorite location. I know Misha Aapi did a few times for different clients but Zayan didn't. 

In end Mr. Khan gives up and sign the contract with us if only constructing his new building. Zayan and I left his office around 3:45 in the afternoon and get back to our office after an hour. As we ride up to our office, Zayan check his phone and answer some emails. We step out and walk toward the office. I open door and pass his office to walk in mine and quickly get back to work.

***

"You are off for today." I look up and saw Adeel leaning on the door of my office. I saw Zayan working something on his laptop, but I can see he was listening to us because his fingers aren't moving and his eyes stay still. 

"Any reason behind it?" I asked him back. He looks at Zayan and nodded.

"Your parents call you home. You left your phone here while you both were gone for the meeting and then they call your office to check on you. I was here for some files so I pick it up and answer for you." I look for my phone and saw it under some files. I get 10 calls from Shehry Bhai and 8 calls from my parents. I stood up from my chair and walk in Zayan office when Adeel step aside. I stood in front of him desk and he looks up at me. 

"Can I leave?" I asked him. I know Adeel already told me that I am off for today, but he wasn't actually my boss so I can't do what he says.

"Yes." He looks back at the screen and started working as his fingers work on the keyboard. I turned around and saw Adeel looking at Zayan sadly. I was confused, but shrugged it off. I have to leave to know why my parents want me home.

***

"Mom, Dad." I yelled as I walk in the living room. I stop when I saw the Saif who came to see me a few days ago sitting there. I smile slightly and give my Salam. 

"Assalam-o-Alaikum." I get their blessings and went upstairs to my room to change quickly from my work clothes. 

"Fatima." I heard my Mom calling me in my room. I quickly walk out of the bathroom with my work clothes in my hand and put it in a basket by the door. "Saif wants to take you out on early dinner."

"But Mom, I can't go with him." I told her. She nodded at me and smiled. 

"We know and that is why Shehry and Maryam are going with you." I let out a sigh of relief and nodded. I was still nervous about going out with him. "Go get ready." She walks out after that. 

When I was ready I walk toward the Shehry Bhai room and knock on the door. It was open by my sister-in-law. She smiled and told me to come in. I sit in bed and saw her getting ready. She looks beautiful in her light blue dress. I don't know if I should ask her or not but I have to.

"Did Mom, Dad set up all this early dinner?" I asked her. She looks at me through the mirror and shake her head. 

"No. Saif parents called in the morning after you left to tell Saif decision. It was a yes from him and about an hour ago, he came and ask them if he could take you out for dinner. Mom, Dad didn't do it." She answered my question. I nodded and feel bad for thinking like that. She smiled and tell me to relax. 

When we went downstairs, we saw Shehry Bhai and Saif already ready. I look at my parents and saw them giving me an encouraging nod. I nodded back and walk away with them.

---------------------------------------------------------

Update! I hope you all like it and let me know what you think about it.

I know this chapter isn't interesting but I don't know what to write. I almost forget about today's update. I write this in half an hour and try my best to make it relaxing.

Next chapter will be out next monday until then take care and remember me in your prayers.

If you haven't check out the one-shot that I post yesterday, check it out. It was on Hadiya and Mustafa from You Captured My Heart.

Thank you for your support. ☺

-Maddy.!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10K 471 33
She healed him breaking herself at the same time. She knew that he can never be hers until he gets rid of haunting memories of her. The woman who bro...
11.1K 623 34
It's a romcom story of 2 sister and their 1 bestfriend whose life get tangled with 'Mir brothers' of a well affluent family. "I don't believe in love...
1M 54.6K 66
"Look Ayan...," I started, ready to announce my decision, "I know your brother is a total weirdo and can't do romance and stuff but I can't ignore hi...
13.7K 797 29
Desi four love stories in one series! Will you guys be able to handle that? ______________ Hania X Zaan: •| An Unlikely Bond Zaan Rehmani: "I'd soone...