Chapter 8: Sister From Another Mother.

*Sister From Another Mother*

--------------------------------------------------

-Fatima-

"It is of Zayan." I choked on my pizza and look at him with wide eyes. He looks at me worriedly and push my drink in my hand to drink it. 

"What?" I yelled after I stop choking. He looks around and I saw some people looking at us. 

"Sorry but I wasn't expecting that." I told him honestly making him sigh. He get back to eating while I look down at mine and feel like not eating anything after hearing that.

"Misha and Rayyan put this proposal in front of Mom and Dad yesterday. They want us to think about it and want you to do what you want. Don't worry if you don't want to than no one will force you." He assured me as he saw panic on my face. I nodded and tried to eat again, but I couldn't. Shehry Bhai notice it and ask the waiter to pack it and to bring the check. 

I walk toward the car as he pays for our dinner and think about what he says. I would never think that Misha Aapi and Rayyan Bhai would ever want me to marry Zayan. They all know very well that I never think of Zayan in that way. I have to talk to someone about it before I could make any decision. 

I sigh and stop when I saw the car and waited for Shehry Bhai to come. When he comes, I smile weakly as he looks at me worriedly. I shake my head when he raised his eyebrow and get in the car after he unlock it. Drive to home was silent. He didn't say anything because he knows I am not in the mood to talk right now. I let out a silent sigh and leaned my head on window thinking about Zayan. I don't want to marry him, but I couldn't help but think why they do this.

"Are you okay?" I look toward him and nodded slowly. "I know it was a surprise for you and trust me, I would reject this proposal, but this is the first time Misha asked me something and I couldn't say no to her after whatever she had done for us." 

I sigh and nodded, thinking how much favors Zayan, Misha Aapi and Rayyan Bhai do for us. Zayan rescue me from my ex boss, he takes me to Misha Ape and get me this job, Misha Aapi found and reunite me with my family, Rayyan Bhai let me stay in his house for almost a year. After all that I couldn't think of letting them down, but I couldn't do this either.

"I already tell her that I never saw him more than a friend." I told him. I do tell her that and she agrees with me then how could she want me to do this after knowing my feelings. Shehry Bhai look at me and nodded before stopping at a red light. 

"Misha and Rayyan want you to help him to get out of his past." I look at him confused as he turned away to start driving again. 

"Past?" I asked him frowning. He nodded and give me a quick glance before turning back to the road.

"Yeah. I don't know much about it, but I just know that he is not letting it go and that is the reason he is like this. Misha thinks that you are the only one who could break his wall that he make to keep everyone away from his life." He told me. I look away and shake my head. 

"But I can do that while being friends with him." I say turning back to him. He switch to different lane and shake his head. 

"You couldn't because there is a difference between being friends and being wife and living together."

"What do you mean by that?" I asked confused. He gives me a small smile before it disappears.

"As a friend, he wouldn't share anything with you and treat you as his employee and getting married, living with him will make him open up about his feelings, maybe he will start sharing his problems with you and you can help him out." He explains making me nod. It did make sense to me now. 

"What if this doesn't work?" I was afraid. If this didn't go as they think then what will happen?

"Then you can do what you want. I promise if all this didn't work, then I will do everything to get you out of this, but I know it wouldn't happen because I believe in you. I know you can do it. You might get stuck in some difficult situations but I know you can do this." Whatever he says making my eyes teary and look away with a shaky sigh. I nodded and look down when I saw us entering in our street. 

"I will tell you my decision soon." I told him and smile weakly as he stops in front of our house. He smiled back and put his hand on my head before kissing my forehead.

***

"Are you okay?" I looked up at her and shake my head with a sigh. 

"I am not. I don't know what to do. I want to help him, but I don't want to marry him. Honestly, I don't think I am ready to marry someone." I told her making her sigh. She sits next to me and smile softly. 

"I can understand what you are going through and they aren't pressuring you either. Just remember what your brother told you. If you don't want it, then no one will force you." I shake my head and stood up before turning back to her.

"I know, but I really want to help him."

"Fatima, no one can do anything in this. We can only give you advice, but you have to do what you want. Just relax and do what your heart told you to do." I take a deep breath and nodded, making her smile. I sit back on bed and she change the topic after noticing my mood. 

Sophia Adams is my best friend since high school. We became friends when my adoptive sister decides to bully me and Sophia came to rescue me. She was the popular girl of our school. Every teacher loves her because she is always good with everyone and had straight A's. After that, she always stay by my side and didn't leave when I almost get her in big trouble. She is more like a sister to me from another mother.

Sophia was orphan and used to live in the apartment when we were in school. Her parents left her a big amount of money for her, but her parental relatives take everything away from her and leave her with only apartment that her parents bought for her before they died. Since then, she live alone and do two jobs that time to go college and now she moved in with her fiancè a few months back when he proposed her. I am happy to see the love and shine in her eyes that I always wanted to see.

I asked her to come home for a sleepover as everyone were at the Rayyan Bhai house while I stay back. I told her everything that Shehry Bhai told me yesterday. She listens to me without interrupting me before telling me what should I do. I am still thinking what should I do. What if this all didn't work, then my life would be ruined, but Zayan did a lot for me and I can do this for him but I don't want to. I know I am being self fish here, but I can't do this. 

I sigh and look at Sophai who is rambling and looking down at the templates of her wedding venue. Her voice started to ring in my ear. 

'Just relax and do what your heart told you to do.'

I take few silent breaths and listen what my heart says about this proposal.

---------------------------------------------------------

Update! I hope you all like it and please let me know what you think about it.

Next chapter will be out soon or maybe next week.

Next update will be of 'The Cure of My Broken Heart' tomorrow or a day after tomorrow. In Sha Allah.

Thank you so much for your support. ☺

-Maddy.!