The Time Lord's Angel [1]...

By lizzybrit

In the back garden of a big house housing two sisters, the newly regenerated Doctor tumbles in with his messe... More

The Eleventh Hour - Arrival of the New Doctor
The Eleventh Hour - 'Mackenzie?'
The Eleventh hour: Meeting The Ponds' Roomate
The Beast Below -Return of the Raggedy Man and the Floating City
The Beast Below - The Queen's My Bestie
The Beast Below - The Dungeon
The Time of the Angels - Meeting River Song
Time of the Angels - Anywhere but the Eyes
Time of the Angels - Have you got Alien Teeth?
Flesh and Stone - "five?"
Flesh and Stone ~ What the...?
Flesh and Stone - "GET A GRIP!"
Meeting the Newest Vampire Clan ~ Vampires of Venice
A Big Decision ~ Vampires of Venice
A New Perspective on Life
A New Life a New Look
The Lodgers ~ Roomies!
The Lodgers ~ How to be a Normal Bloke
The Lodgers ~ Meeting the Man Upstairs
The Pandorica Opens ~ The Exploding Tardis
The Pandorica Opens ~ Attack of the Cyberman
The Pandorica Opens ~ Bye Bye Tardis
The Big Bang ~ "This is where it gets complicated"
The Big Bang ~ "Swappable head?"
The Big Bang ~ Time's running out
The Big Bang ~ Epilogue
Sequel
OMG
Death of the Doctor - Old Friends
Death of the Doctor - Making of the Key

The Eleventh Hour - Twenty Minutes

10.1K 187 6
By lizzybrit

"You're Amelia." The Doctor declares once we stop running and Amy starts speed walking. We'd been running for a good five minutes and I was slightly out of breath but determined to keep up with my older sister, still dragging the Doctor behind me as our hands were still intertwined.
"And you're late." Amy replies accusingly. The Doctor speeds up a little so he's walking along side me and look at me with both confusion and curiosity written across his face.
"Mackenzie Pond. You were five, you were both little girls." He says sounding almost upset.
"Yes, I'm Mackenzie and you're late." I say speeding up again as Amy walks further away.
"What happened?"
"12 years." Amy and I say together, it's almost like we'd rehearsed this. Although to be honest when I was younger I would act out what would happen if the Doctor ever came back, it was a brilliant game, but it ended.
"You hit me with a cricket bat." He exclaims, and for some reason didn't understand why that was perfectly understandable, considering he disappeared for 12 years!
"Twelve years." I repeat, Amy remained silent and the Doctor looked to me again, I looked to him and we were face to face, almost literally.
"A cricket bat."
"Twelve years and four psychiatrists." Amy responds as if it's an achievement.
"Four?" He asks sounding sympathetic all of a sudden.
"I kept biting them." She sounds a little embarrassed. "Look, considering you're suddenly feeling all remorseful, I'm not the one who had six psychiatrists, so why don't you talk to Mackenzie." I feel a pang go through my chest as she says that, she knows I don't like talking to anyone about my psychiatrists, but I know that she only brought it up because she's angry. She realises what she brought up and shoots me an apologetic look. The Doctor stops walking for a second and looks to me as I stop too.
"Six?" He looks so full of regret at the moment, and I feel my heart flutter, they're not all his fault. I continue to drag him forwards. "Six?" He asks a little louder.
"So what I had six psychiatrists?" I announce suddenly feeling very self conscious.
"Why did you have six?" He asks as if it's the most important question in the world.
"Drop it." I warn him, I hate talking about it and I really don't want to at the moment.
"No. Why did you have six?"
"Because of my bloody panic attacks and abandonment issues!" I say a little too loud and it causes a few people to look, I go a deep red as I drag him along faster and walk just behind Amy in silence.
"Prisoner Zero will vacate the human residence or the human residence will be incinerated. Repeat." The sound comes from an ice cream van.
"No, no, no, come on. What? We're being staked out by an ice-cream van." Amy says sounding disheartened. The Doctor suddenly lets go of my hand and dashes towards the van. Amy waits for me a second. "I'm sorry about that, I just had-"
"It's fine." I say cutting her off, it's not a conversation for now. And I start to run after the Doctor, followed by Amy.
The voice continues to play as the Doctor approaches the van.
"What's that? Why are you playing that?" The Doctor asks.
"It's supposed to be Claire De Lune." The ice cream man responds sounding confused. The voice repeats itself only this time it's on the radio and then Amy and I turn around to see a woman's iPod doing the same, we turn around again to see the Doctor looking around seeing everyone confused as their technology repeats the sentence over and over again.
"Doctor, what's happening?" Amy asks, I approach him quietly from behind looking where he is to see a woman trying to make her phone work. He grabs my hand again, somehow knowing I was behind him, I didn't think he'd noticed me, and we run to Mrs Angelo's fence and he jumps the fence, I consider Mrs Angelo's reaction if she found out I hopped her fence for a second and then do it anyway whilst Amy runs in through the gate. We burst in through the door to see Mrs Angelo stood in front of the television as it repeated the same voice over and over, like everything outside.
"Hello! Sorry to burst in." I stand beside him and look behind me to see the same eyeball from the crack in the wall on the television screen I then turn around again as Amy enters and stands beside me. "We're doing a special on television faults in this area. Also crimes. Let's have a look."
"I was just about to phone, it's on every channel." Mrs Angelo says to the Doctor and he and I approach the television whilst Amy goes and stands behind the sofa. "Oh, hello, Amy dear. Are you a policewoman now?" Mrs Angelo asks.
"Well sometimes." Amy replies feeling uncomfortable and I smirk as an idea comes into my head, I know I shouldn't be upset about what happened with the psychiatrist conversation but I wanted a little revenge.
"I thought you were a nurse." I say turning from the television to Amy, she glares at me, and the Doctor turns to the two of us.
"I can be a nurse." Amy replies nervously, Mrs Angelo seems a little more suspicious as she then asks:
"Or actually a nun?"
"I dabble!" Amy says a little loudly and I start to laugh quietly as the Doctor and I turn back to the television. Mrs Angelo hesitates.
"Amy, who is you and your sister's friend?" Mrs Angelo asks eventually sensing the tension.
"Who's Amy? You were Amelia." The Doctor asks.
"Yeah? Now I'm Amy." Amy snaps at him.
"Don't tell me you've done it too?" He asks turning to me.
"Was Mackenzie, now it's just Kenzie or Kenz." I tell him a sour tone to my voice.
"What? No! Amelia and Mackenzie Pond, they were great names."
"Bit fairy tale." I respond simply, he looks at me sadly before Mrs Angelo turns to face him.
"I know you, don't I? I've seen you somewhere before." She says, I feel a pang of fear run through me as I realise, she would always be the one I'd show my pictures of the Doctor, she always told people that I had a vivid imagination and it's nothing to be ashamed of, she loved my pictures, I think she has a couple of my sketches lying around, she must recognise him from them.
"Not me. Brand new face, first time on." He makes a weird face openly his mouth and I furrow my eyebrows at him, feeling the urge to laugh, but I fight it, I don't want him to know he makes me laugh. "And what sort of job's a kissogram?" He asks turning from Mrs Angelo to Amy. I feel a wave of relief as he dismisses Mrs Angelo.
"I go to parties and I kiss people, with outfits. It's a laugh." Amy replies defensively.
"You were a little girl five minutes ago. You both were, you were five and now you've gone through six psychiatrists." He turns to me and I pale slightly.
"You're worse than our aunt!" Amy argues with him.
"I'm the Doctor. I'm worse than everybody's aunt." He then turns to Mrs Angelo again, sending me an apologetic glance when he sees my pale face. "And that is not how I'm introducing myself." He then picks up the radio and puts the screwdriver to it. And it starts to speak French.
"Ok, so it's everywhere, in every language; they're broadcasting to the whole world." He says quietly before walking away from Mrs Angelo, I stay put still feeling pale, I then take a seat on the sofa as Amy and Mrs Angelo go to the window with him as he sticks his head out, looking up. He then walks away towards the doorway turning around to face us all. "Okay. Planet this size, two poles, your basic molten core? They're going to need a forty percent fission blast." He turns around as Jeff walks into the room with his big laptop bag. "But they'll have to power up first, won't they? So assuming a medium sized starship, that's 20 minutes. What do you think, twenty minutes? Yeah, twenty minutes. We've got twenty minutes." As he rises up and down on his tip toes in front of Jeff, obviously feeling a little short. I watch him quietly from the sofa and then lean forward so my elbows are resting on my knees and I put my head in my hands, this is so much to take in. The Doctor then walks away from Jeff and towards my spot on the couch. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to bring that up." He says quietly.
"I know." I respond taking my head out of my hands and looking up to him.
"Twenty minutes to what?" I ask him.
"Are you the Doctor?" Jeff interrupts the Doctor. He looks over to Jeff as Mrs Angelo replies.
"He is, isn't he? He's the Doctor! The Raggedy Doctor. All those drawings you do. The Raggedy Doctor. It's him." Mrs Angelo announces looking to me excitedly. I feel the Doctor looking at me as I look up to Mrs Angelo.
"Shut up." I say trying to hide it by clearing my throat.
"Drawings?" He leans back in the sofa, I feel my face heating up as Jeff and Mrs Angelo continue.
"Gran, it's him, isn't it? It's really him!" Jeff asks.
"Jeff, shut up." Amy orders as she sees how red I've probably gone. I hide my face in my hands again.
"I could go grab one, I've got the one you did a couple months ago, Kenzie. You really must see Doctor, she's such a brilliant artist." Mrs Angelo starts to walk off but Amy blocks the way, knowing that this is already too overwhelming as it is, add on embarrassment and it'll become too much.
"Seriously shut up." I hear Amy murmur. I think Mrs Angelo takes the hint as she remains in the room, silent.
"Twenty minutes to what?" I repeat myself quietly from beside the Doctor. I take my hands away and sit up straight. We all look to the television as it says: "The human residence will be incinerated."
"Oh my God. They're not talking about the house" I whisper to myself understanding it, the Doctor leans forward looking at the television as he speaks.
"The human residence. They're not talking about your house; they're talking about the planet. Somewhere up there, there's a spaceship, and it's going to incinerate the planet."
"Twenty minutes to the end of the world." I answer my own question, the Doctor looks to me as I sit next to him and then over to the other three. "Oh my god." I repeat once again, the Doctor looks back to me and then grabs my hand, squeezing it reassuringly.

We left Mrs Angelo's house quickly after finding out we had twenty minutes to save the planet and I was now trailing behind Amy and the Doctor as they talk. My hand was still clasped in the Doctor's as he made sure I was still trailing behind. They were talking about airports, and nuclear power station, and duck ponds and how it has no ducks, I'm brought to my sense as the Doctor clenches his chest and falls to the ground, I kneel down beside him, worried for a moment. "This is too soon. I'm not ready, I'm not done yet." He mutters to himself, but then the sky goes dark and we look up to see a disk go over the sun.
"What's wrong with the sun?" I ask him as I stay kneeling beside him. I look to him, awaiting an answer.
"Nothing. You're looking at it through a force field. They've sealed off your upper atmosphere. Now they're getting ready to boil the planet." We both look to him with wide eyes and he gets up as people start taking out phones to film the sun, he offers me a hand and I take it as he helps me up. "Oh, and here they come. The human race. The end comes, as it was always going to, down a video phone."
"This isn't real, is it?" I mutter to myself clenching my head, this is too much, why am I just now starting to get attacks again as my head aches. I try to steady my breathing as Amy starts to speak.
"This is some kind of big wind up." She says sounding panicked herself. I squat down to the floor as the Doctor looks to Amy, not seeing that I'm about to have another attack and neither does Amy.
"Why would I wind you up?" He asks sincerely.
"You told me you had a time machine." Amy responds. My breathing starts to falter again and  kneel down on the floor my head in my hands again as I try to compose myself.
"And you believed me." He replies to Amy.
"Then I grew up." Amy says a little coldly. The Doctor turns slightly and sees me. He kneels down in front of me as he says:
"Oh, you never want to do that." He then focuses on me. "Right you're too stressed you need to calm down, we're all going to be fine, do you know how often I do this, we're all going to be fine." He says quickly to me as he pulls me into a hug.
"Why didn't you come back?" I whisper suddenly feeling a little calmer. He hesitates a moment.
"Am I the reason you get panic attacks?" He asks sadly.
"It was a whole mix of things but it was part of the reason, I told you, I have abandonment issues. I was upset about you not coming back for a while, but I never had a panic attack until the night after my aunt told me my parents were dead, I thought that everyone was going to leave me, considering you and my parents already had." I reply quietly. I can feel Amy watching us but I don't pay attention as the Doctor wipes away a couple of my stray tears.
"I won't ever leave you, not until you want me to, ok? I'm sorry I didn't come back." He whispers into my shoulder as he hugs me and then rubs my back soothingly. After a moment he sits back. "No. Hang on. Shut up. Wait. I missed it. I saw it and I missed it. What did I see? I saw. What did I see? I saw, I saw, I saw..." He fades off as he stands up pulling me up shortly after him. Amy pulls me into a reassuring hug asking if I was alright quickly, which I responded with a 'yes', I did honestly feel much better. The Doctor seems to have noticed something, as he turns to the two of us. "Twenty minutes!" He announces, we look at him surprised but let him continue. "I can do it. Twenty minutes, the planet burns. Run to your loved ones and say goodbye, or stay and help me."
"Stay." I say as Amy says "no." I look to my older sister confused.
"I'm sorry?" The Doctor asks.
"No!" She shouts at him as she grabs his tie and yanks him towards Mr Henderson's car. The Doctor tries to stop and get out of her grip but she shut the tie in the car door and looks the car.
"Amy!" I shout confused by my sister's actions.
"Are you out of your mind?" The Doctor asks, panicked.
"Who are you?" She questions.
"You know who I am." He replies simply.
"No, really. Who are you?"
"Amy, we don't have time for this." I plead with her, she ignores me.
"Look at the sky. End of the world, twenty minutes." The Doctor tells her.
"Well better talk quickly then." She says getting right up in his face.
"Amy, I am going to need my car back." Mr Henderson complains.
"Yes, in a bit. Now go and have coffee." She orders him.
"Right, yes." He responds and starts to walk off. I catch him by the arm.
"I'm really sorry Mr Henderson, we're having a bit of a bad day." I apologise on behalf of my sister. He simply nods and continues to walk away. I turn back to the two to see the Amy holding the apple that she carved a face into all those years ago.
"I'm the Doctor. I'm a time traveller. Everything I told you twelve years ago is true. I'm real. What's happening in the sky is real, and if you don't let me go right now, everything you've ever known is over." He says calmly.
"I don't believe you." She says. And he sighs and grabs her wrist, I walk over and grab her other hand interlocking our fingers to comfort her, she's finding this just as overwhelming as I am. I smile at her as they both glance at me.
"Believe him for twenty minutes, twenty minutes and then you don't have to anymore." I plead with her.
"Look at it. Fresh as the day you gave it to me. And you know it's the same one. Amy, believe for twenty minutes." The Doctor continues to reason with her. She looks between the Doctor and apple for a moment before unlocking the car door.
"What do we do?" She asks him.
"Stop that nurse." He says as I open the door for him. We start to run off following the Doctor as he runs towards a familiar looking nurse. I snicker as he grabs a phone out of the nurses hand and Rory starts to panic slightly. "The sun's going out and you're photographing a man and his dog, why?" We hear the Doctor question as he hands the nurse back his phone as we finally catch up to them.
"Amy." He says sounding relieved as Amy links arms with him.
"Hi! Oh, this is Rory," She hesitates and I snicker a little bit. "he's a friend."
"Boyfriend." Rory and I say together as I roll my eyes.
"Kind of boyfriend." She glares at me.
"Amy." Rory says sounding a little offended.
"Man and dog, why?" The Doctor says obviously not bothered.
"Oh my God, it him." Rory says looking to me excitedly. I hang my head. Not again.
"Just answer his question." Amy says quickly trying to avoid the subject for my sake.
"It's him, though. The Doctor. The Raggedy Doctor." Rory says. "Oh my God, he really does look like your drawings, Kenz, it's the Raggedy Doctor, your Raggedy Doctor, the drawings of the Raggedy Doctor, he's real, oh my God he's real! But he was just a story. He was a game." Rory says excitedly.
"Seriously Rory, shut up, or I will bite you." I growl out at him feeling my cheeks heating up as he says 'your Raggedy Doctor', I don't know why but it made me feel very flustered.
"Man and dog. Why? Tell me now." The Doctor says diverting the conversation again and grabbing Rory by the cuff and bringing him up to his face, making me snicker again as Rory gets what was coming to him.
"Sorry. Because he can't be here. Because he's..." Rory tell him as the Doctor joins him in saying: "In a hospital, in a coma."
"Yeah." Rory says, by himself. The Doctor smiles suddenly looking into Rory's eyes. It was funny to watch Rory's face.
"Knew it. Multiform, you see? Disguise itself as anything, but it needs a life feed. A psychic link with a living but dormant mind." The Doctor finishes and as he does, Prisoner Zero starts barking at us again. We turn to look at him as the man barks and the dog sits quietly.
"Prisoner Zero." The Doctor says walking a little closer, I follow slightly behind him. We hear Rory mutter something to Amy and Amy reply with a sharp 'yes' before we all turn around to a eyeball spaceship thing come down and scan the area. "See, that ship up there is scanning this area for non-terrestrial technology. And nothing says non-terrestrial like a sonic screwdriver." The Doctor points the sonic into the air and the strange noise occurs again as streetlights explode and car alarms go off and a fire engine goes past on its own down the road with two tone blaring. The Doctor points it to a telephone box which blows up before his sonic screwdriver sparks and he drops it to the floor. "No, no, no don't do that!" The Doctors kneels down and picks up the broken sonic before chucking it onto the ground angrily and standing up as the eyeball space ship starts to go away. "No, come back. He's here! Come back! He's here. Prisoner Zero is here. Come back, he's here! Prisoner Zero is" The Doctor yells and Amy and I look over to Prisoner Zero to see him turn to dust and go down the drain. I nudge the Doctor as Amy calls him and we all look towards where Prisoner Zero was standing.
"The drain. It just sort of melted and went down the drain." I say to him.
"Well, of course it did." He says as if it's obvious.
"Well, what do we do now?" I ask him, he looks into my eyes a second before sighing, ooking slightly defeated.
"It's hiding in human form. We need to drive it into the open. No Tardis, no screwdriver, seventeen minutes. Come on, think. Think!" I grab his hand and smile at him hoping to give him a little comfort. He looks to me and smiles back and we all begin to walk off towards where Prisoner Zero disappeared down the drainpipe.

"So that thing, that hid in our house for twelve years?" Amy asks the Doctor as we stand around the drain. I look to the Doctor awaiting his reply, feeling slightly uncomfortable about having an alien live in my house for twelve years.
"Multiforms can live for millennia. Twelve years is a pit-stop." I shudder slightly at his reply.
"So how come you show up again on the same day that lot do? The same minute!" I ask.
"They're looking for him, but they followed me. They saw me through the crack, got a fix, they're only late because I am." And Amy rolls her eyes at him, she's still cross, I mean sure I'm upset that he's late, but he came back, and his Tardis, I think that's what he called it, had some kind of malfunction can we really blame him?
"What's going on?" Rory asks, scared.
"Nurse boy, give me your phone." The Doctor says gesturing for Rory to give it to him but Rory ignores him and continues to look at Amy and I.
"How can he be real? He was never real, he was a drawing, a game!"
"Phone. Now. Give me." The Doctor orders, Rory gives him the phone and I peer over the Doctor's shoulder to see him going through Rory's photos, whilst Rory complains to Amy about the Doctor being a game. "These photos, they're are all coma patients?" The Doctor asks.
"Yep."
"No, they're all the multiform. Eight comas, eight disguises for Prisoner Zero." The Doctor corrects Rory.
"He had a dog, though, there's a dog in a coma?" I ask him, he at me as I rest my chin on his shoulder.
"Well, the coma patient dreams he's walking a dog, Prisoner Zero gets a dog." He pauses loking up obviously having had a revelation of some kind. "Laptop! Your friend, what was his name? Not him, the good-looking one." He announces looking between us.
"Thanks." Rory grumbles.
"Jeff." Amy says and I laugh aloud as Rory grumbles another thanks. The Doctor smiles at me a second. That's the first time I've laughed aloud in a while and I see all three of them looking at me happily as I quickly stop laughing.
"What?" I ask, feeling a little self conscious.
"Just nice to hear you laugh." Amy comments smiling before she looks back to the Doctor.
"He had a laptop in his bag. A laptop. Big bag, big laptop. I need Jeff's laptop. You two, get to the hospital. Get everyone out of that ward. Clear the whole floor. Phone me when you're done. Mackenzie, you're with me, come on." He grabs my hand and drags me away running.
"It's Kenzie!" I yell as we run off together.

_____________________________________________________

Hey my lovelies, hope you enjoyed this chapter I really enjoyed writing it and I hope you liked reading it as much as I did writing it. I'm watching through the episodes as I write them so it gives me an excuse to binge watch all the Doctor Who episode with Matt Smith. Anyway hope you like it and feel free to leave a vote and comment, let me know if you're enjoying it and all.

Cyber <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.5K 184 28
Story synopsis: You've been happily living with your Tardis family for a while now, but things are getting intense. With unprecedented feelings for t...
27.8K 803 19
Haven't you always wished that a mad man with a box would show up at your house in the middle of the night and whisk you off to fight aliens, save th...
1.9K 141 26
Story synopsis: Finally comfortable in your own relationships, you work to balance the fear of the unknown as your Tardis family begins to grow. But...
6.1K 311 44
When Omara King finally left Leadworth, she left a trail of ash. It's been three years since it all fell apart, and Amelia Pond's wedding is the firs...