Diabolik Lovers: A Vampire Hu...

By Animefan446

"Death is only the beginning"- Final words of the Hayashi Ancestor, Katsumi Hayashi ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~... More

Character Introductions
The Ancestor's Death And A Descendant's New Chapter
Kano Meets The Sakamaki Brothers
The Two Rivals Kou And Kano
Bonding With Ayato
Bonding With Shu
Bonding With Laito
Bonding With Kanato
Bonding With Subaru
Bonding With Reiji
Kano Meets The Mukami Brothers And Learns More About Her Ancestor
Bonding With Yuma
Bonding With Kou
Bonding With Azusa
Bonding With Ruki
The New Girl! Louisa Fujimoto!
Showdown! She-Devil Vs Vampire Hunter!
Kano's New Boyfriend?!
Kano's Heart Gets Broken But, Goes For A Fresh Start
School Festival
A Day At The Beach
A Reunion With Some Old Friends
Takeo Attacks and Katsumi's Reunion With Her Family
Kano's Jealously and Katsumi's Sad and Lonely Heart
The Fight Begins
Takeo's Demon Form
Takeo's Defeat And Katsumi's Final Goodbye
The Anniversary
Goodbye For Now, My Friends
Sequel Coming Soon!
Sequel is now released!

Two Vampire Hunters At A Ball

161 3 0
By Animefan446

KANO'S POV

A few weeks had passed since I've spent some time with the brothers. I was right, they're all different in some ways and I did learn one or two things about what my ancestor's life was like. On top of my school and Idol work, I've been working as a vampire hunter for a while and I was still hoping and praying that the Sakamaki brothers don't find about mines and Remi's other jobs.

I was in Maths class and I was at my desk with my head resting on my folded arms and I didn't even bother to tie back my hair since I didn't have the energy to do so. Just then Kanato came over to me and he said to me.

"Hello Kano-sama, something's different about you."

I sat up and I said to Kanato.

"Yeah, I didn't bother to tie it back since I didn't have the energy, I would have asked Annie to do it for me but she had the day off."

Kanato then came over to me and he placed Teddy on my lap before getting behind me and he made me face straight ahead so that he was working on my hair. I tried to look at Kanato but he made me look straight ahead.

"Let me tie it for you, Kano-sama."

"Thanks, Kanato."

I said to as I looked straight ahead and then he starts to plait my hair. Kanato then spoke up.

"Wow, your hair feels soft and silky, do you take care of it every day?"

"Of course I do, besides, I would look stupid if it was like bed hair and bushy and I like to do something nice with it as well before I perform on stage."

"I see, well, you've got beautiful blonde hair."

I smiled at Kanato's compliment and then he ties my hair in the ponytail holder.

"There we go."

I gently ran my fingers on the neat plait and I smiled at this and I then looked at Kanato.

"Thanks, Kanato, you did a great job."

I gave Teddy back to Kanato and he smiled back. Just then, Reiji came in and he said to me.

"Kano."

We looked at Reiji and Kanato frowned at Reiji.

"What do you want?! can't you see we were talking?!"

Reiji ignored Kanato as he came over to me and he asked me.

"Kano, are busy over the weekend?"

"Not really, why?"

Reiji got something from his blazer pocket and he gives me an invitation and he said to me.

"Our father is holding a ball during the weekend and he's asked one of us to invite you, apparently, he's friends with your father and he would like to meet you in person."

"Really? OK then, besides, if my old man knew about this he would have forced me to go since he'll probably say something like 'it will shame the family name if you don't go.'"

Kanato and Reiji chuckled when I said this and I then asked Reiji.

"Do you mind if I bring Remi along with me?"

"*Sighs* fine but, make sure she behaves herself."

"OK, see you later."

I said as I left the classroom and I looked for Remi and we then headed to the roof. I told her about the invitation and she then said to me.

"This sounds like a great opportunity for us to learn more about what kind of vampire we're dealing with, but, why would Karl invite you? do you think he knows?"

"I don't know, Otu-san never told me much about him but, one thing for certain, we can't let the vampires know about what we do and we better keep a sharp eye out for trouble just in case if the enemy shows up during this ballroom party."

"Sounds like an idea to me, come on, let's get outta here before someone sees us and I'll contact Jumbo so he can give us some advice on what to do."

I nodded my head and then we left the rooftop.

TIME SKIP TO THE BALL...

3RD PERSON POV

The Sakamaki brothers got to the ball and some of them weren't happy to be there since they hated their father. Kanato was at the food table just eating some of the deserts, Laito was flirting with some of the women in the ballroom, Ayato was standing next to Yui with a bored look on his face, Subaru was leaning against the wall with a bored expression on his face as well, Reiji was making sure that none of his younger brothers weren't causing trouble since Shu was trying to nap as usual.

"*Sighs* I don't want to be here."

Ayato complains as he tugs on his tie. Reiji glared at him and he said to Ayato.

"Ayato, it would shame the Sakamaki name if we didn't attend."

"Now that I think about it, shouldn't Melons be here by now?"

Ayato said as he looked around and then announcer spoke up.

"And now presenting, Kano Hayashi, daughter of Amelia and James Hayashi and descendant Katsumi Hayashi, accompanying her is Remi Kurosaki, daughter of Yozo Kurosaki."

The Sakamaki brothers looked at the entrance and they were shocked and surprised by Kano's dress.

*Kano's Dress*

*Remi's Dress*

Some of the boys in the ballroom had their eyes glued on Kano with a hint of blush on their cheeks including the Sakamaki brothers. Remi looked nervous and she whispered spoke up.

"Kano I'm not so sure about this."

"Well too late to back out now, after all, you're the one who said that this was a good idea and besides, if Otu-san learnt that I didn't go, he would kill me for shaming the Hayashi name, now stop looking so nervous you're gonna embarrass me."

Remi glared at Kano and she whispered to her.

"Embarrass you? how do you think I feel?"

Kano giggled and then they went over to the Sakamaki brothers while feeling the other guys staring at her.

KANO'S POV

Once we got over to the Sakamaki brothers, they looked at me up and down and I said to them.

"Hey boys."

Laito wolf-whistled at me and he said to me.

"Wow, Idol-chan, you look amazing."

"Ore-sama has to agree, you look so beautiful."

Ayato said with a hint of blush on his cheeks. I giggled at him and I then said to the others.

"Thank you."

Reiji then looked at Remi and he then said to her.

"I never thought that I would see the day when you finally wear a dress."

Remi frowned at Reiji and she then spoke up.

"You don't have to remind me, Annie and Kano had to force me to wear this bloody dress."

"Oh stop complaining, you look great anyway."

I said as Remi frowned at me again. Just when she was about to say something else, the whole ballroom went quiet and they were looking at someone. We looked who they were staring at and it was Karlheinz. The brothers were surprised when they saw Karlheinz and then Karl said to his guests.

"Please don't stop on my account, carry on."

Karl said as the guests went back to chatting away. Subaru then spoke up.

"Well, this is a surprise I didn't expect Father to show up."

"You mean he hasn't appeared to any of his parties until now?"

I asked Subaru and then Shu nodded his head. I lean over to Remi's ear and I whispered to her.

"I'll go and see if I can learn anything from Karl-sama, meanwhile, you look around and if you see anything suspicious, well you know what to do but don't even think about causing a ruckus while in a room filled with people."

"You don't have to tell me twice, good luck."

I nodded my head after she whispered back to me. Remi and I split up to look around the ballroom in case we see anything suspicious but nothing so far but, some of the boys in the ballroom gathered around me and they were flirting complimenting how beautiful I looked.

Boy 1: "You looked so stunning in that dress, Hayashi-san."

Kano: "Uh, thanks."

Boy 2: "That's true, I wished you would look beautiful every day, Miss Kano."

I wasn't sure how to get out of the situation until someone spoke up.

"Can't you see that you're bothering this beautiful?"

The boys flinched when they heard that voice and when I looked up it was Karlheinz and he had a smile on his face but the boys were a bit scared of him right now.

"S-sorry Karl-sama!! we'll leave her alone!!"

They said as they ran off in fear. I looked at Karl and I smiled at him before bow politely to him.

"Good evening Karl-sama and thanks for dealing with that lot."

"You're welcome, Miss Hayashi."

Karl looked at me up and down and he then said to me.

"The boys were right you do look beautiful in that dress."

"Thank you."

I then felt something on my cheek and it was Karl's hand stroking my cheek.

"You look so much like my adopted daughter, Katusmi, those mismatched eyes remind me so much of her."

I was surprised that he knew about my ancestor but then again, he was the one who saved her that night after she escaped from the orphanage. Just then, the music started playing and then he said to me.

"Looks like the dance has started."

Karl looked back at me and he then bowed to me and offered his hand to me and asked me.

"May I have the dance with you, Milady."

Karl said to me like the gentleman he is. I took his hand with a smile on my face.

"Of course I would be honoured."

I said as Karl led me to the dance floor. We had my hand on his shoulder and I held his hand with other hand and he had his hand on my hip as we slow danced to the music. I could feel the Sakamaki's glare on Karl but he ignored them.

"You dance perfectly well, Miss Kano."

"Well, I am an Idol, those dance classes really did pay off."

Karl then smirked at me and he then said to me.

"I know about you and your friend, you're both hunters aren't you."

I was surprised that he knew and I then said to him.

"How did you know?"

"It's because you two are after a certain vampire who has been killing innocent humans for a while but, that's not just happening in the human world it's also happening in the demon world as well."

I was surprised by this and I then asked him.

"What do you know about what's been going on recently?"

Karl smirked at me and he then spun me around and he then held me close after spinning me around back to him.

"This vampire you're looking for hasn't got anything to with me, my sons, the Mukami brothers or the founders, it's someone else."

"Who?"

"I don't know, but what I do know is that they're up to something and I've found that same necklace that has a family symbol on it but, sadly I don't know who this family is."

"Don't play games with me, I know what you're trying to do and it's not gonna work."

Karl smirked at me before he dipped me which caught me off guard.

"Oh I'm not playing games with you, I'm just telling you what I know and take my advice don't think that this evening is going to go smoothly because there will an enemy hiding in the shadows, if you're not careful, well, I'll leave that to your imagination."

Karl said to me before he stood up pulling me along with him before the music ended. Karl then held my hand and he then said to me.

"I would love to chat with you some more but, I'm a busy man, I'll see you again soon, Kano."

Karl said before kissing the back of my hand and disappearing among the crowd. Remi then came over to me and she then said to me.

"I guess those dance lessons really did pay off, I can't believe you were dancing with Karl-sama of all people."

"I know, I was a bit surprised myself when he asked me to dance."

I said as I could still feel my heart racing after he dipped me like that. I then looked back at Remi and I said to her.

"Anyway, I've learnt a thing or two about from Karl-sama, what about you?"

"I saw someone looking a bit suspicious and I got this from their pocket."

Remi showed me a necklace that she had hiding in her hand and it was the same one that we've found on the other vampires we encountered. I looked around and I then said to her.

"Let's discuss this outside, I don't want the others hearing about this."

Remi nodded her head and we then headed outside into the gardens. I then explained to Remi about what Karl told me and she looked surprised by this.

"So it looks like we got the wrong people but this family crest, I wonder who exactly they are."

"I don't know either, but, once this night is over, I'll contact Alistar and see if he can find out anything about this family crest and maybe then he can tell us who we're dealing with."

Remi nodded her and then we heard screams from the ballroom and I knew one, in particular, was in trouble.

"Oh no, Yui!"

I ran ahead of Remi and she then followed from behind and she shouted.

"Hey! wait up! I can't run in this dress!"

Remi and I got back to the ballroom and we came to halt when we saw some vampires attacking the guests. I frowned at this and I spoke up.

"So they decided to show up after all."

"So it would seem but..."

Remi looked at the Sakamaki brothers and they were surrounded by the vampires who were attacking. Remi then looked back at me and she said to me.

"There's no way we can fight, not when those guys are around."

"We don't have a choice we'll just have to explain to them later once we've dealt with this lot."

Remi sighed in defeat and she knew that I was right. We took cover behind a flipped over table. I tossed away shawl, tore my right side of my dress so that my right thigh holster with a pistol in it and I got my sword that Annie hid before the guests got here. Remi also tore her dress so that it was easier for her to run in and she had her thigh holsters on as well and she tied her hair back into a ponytail.

Remi got her pistols at the ready and she then said to me.

"Ready?"

"Always."

I said with a smirk and then I unsheathed my sword before we charged at the vampires.

3RD PERSON POV

As Remi and Kano started to attack, the Sakamaki brothers and Yui were shocked as they watched Kano and Remi fight. Ayato frowned and he spoke up.

"So that's what we've been smelling from them before."

"So all along they were putting on that act for us only for us to find out that they're hunters."

Subaru said as he growled and frowned at this. Kano and Remi jumped away from the enemies and Kano opened her left hand and there was a white glow from it but Remi said to her.

"Kano don't, I wouldn't use your power so recklessly like that it's probably best to use that power another time when those guys aren't around."

"Right, sorry."

Kano said before they went back to fighting. Once they got rid of some of the enemies there was only one left and he was about to make a run for it but Remi shot one of his legs.

KANO'S POV

Remi shot the enemy's leg and he screamed in pain. The enemy tried to crawl away but I pointed my blade near his neck and Remi pointed her pistol at him.

"Oh no, you don't, my friend and I have been looking for your boss for quite a long time and we're not about to let someone like you commit suicide, now you've got two choices, we can either kill you here and now or you can tell us who you work for and why you've been killing innocent people."

"All right! all right! I'll talk! I'll talk!!"

Remi smirked at this and I shook my head at her and I then looked at the enemy and I asked him.

"Then start talking, tell us who you're working for and why have you been killing innocent people."

"I work for someone who is the remaining family member of the Karasuma clan and we won't stop at nothing until he becomes the ruler of the world."

I frowned at him and I asked him.

Tell us who your boss is."

Just when he was about to tell us, a fireball came out of nowhere and it went straight for us. Remi and I jumped out of the way in time and then the fireball set fire to the enemy. Remi and I were shocked and then we heard a flapping sound above us but, the culprit had already disappeared. Once the fire died down, the enemy was nothing more than ashes. Remi frowned and she threw her pistol onto the ground and she shouted.

"ARRGHH!!! Not again!! we were so close!!"

"Calm down, at least now we know the clan name and we can finally do some research on this clan and find out who these members were."

"*Sighs* I know right and all but, we've got a bigger problem to solve right now."

Remi said as she pointed at the Sakamaki brothers who were glaring at us. I sighed and I nodded my head in agreement.

"Yeah, I know."

Ayato came over to us and he shouted.

"Why didn't you tell us that you two are vampire hunters and were you going to kill us too?!"

"Ayato just calm down and let us explain."

After we told the Sakamaki brothers and Yui about us being vampire hunters and our current job is, they accepted us as vampire hunters but, they agreed to keep quiet about us and I was glad that they accepted us. It didn't matter anyway since my ancestor was a vampire hunter so they weren't too angry about us, thankfully but, we still had to figure who this enemy is and what they're up to.

TO BE CONTINUED...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

256K 6.3K 34
A month has passed since (Y/n) started living with the Sakamaki brothers and her 'annoying' sister Yui. Things were peaceful for a while after the in...
21 0 35
[!!!!!! Three books in one!!!!!!] Book One: Taki is a female who at first doesn't know who she was; that was until one night she bit her elder brothe...
84.5K 2K 31
: ̗̀➛ ⌜🦇⌟ Diabolik Lovers|·| YUIS ELDER BROTHER - IN THE PROCESS OF BEING REWRITTEN. FanFiction [Shu x Male!Oc] ˋ°•...
136K 5.5K 70
All it took was a plane crash, and Kise Ryota was no more. Strangely enough, he didn't feel sadness, only regret. Regret for not checking his engine...