The Time Lord's Angel [1]...

By lizzybrit

In the back garden of a big house housing two sisters, the newly regenerated Doctor tumbles in with his messe... More

The Eleventh Hour - Arrival of the New Doctor
The Eleventh Hour - Twenty Minutes
The Eleventh hour: Meeting The Ponds' Roomate
The Beast Below -Return of the Raggedy Man and the Floating City
The Beast Below - The Queen's My Bestie
The Beast Below - The Dungeon
The Time of the Angels - Meeting River Song
Time of the Angels - Anywhere but the Eyes
Time of the Angels - Have you got Alien Teeth?
Flesh and Stone - "five?"
Flesh and Stone ~ What the...?
Flesh and Stone - "GET A GRIP!"
Meeting the Newest Vampire Clan ~ Vampires of Venice
A Big Decision ~ Vampires of Venice
A New Perspective on Life
A New Life a New Look
The Lodgers ~ Roomies!
The Lodgers ~ How to be a Normal Bloke
The Lodgers ~ Meeting the Man Upstairs
The Pandorica Opens ~ The Exploding Tardis
The Pandorica Opens ~ Attack of the Cyberman
The Pandorica Opens ~ Bye Bye Tardis
The Big Bang ~ "This is where it gets complicated"
The Big Bang ~ "Swappable head?"
The Big Bang ~ Time's running out
The Big Bang ~ Epilogue
Sequel
OMG
Death of the Doctor - Old Friends
Death of the Doctor - Making of the Key

The Eleventh Hour - 'Mackenzie?'

10.5K 217 3
By lizzybrit

Picture is what Mackenzie is wearing.
________________________________________________________________________________

"Kenz!" A nineteen year old red head yells up the stairs. "Kenzie!" The voice yells again. "Mackenzie Pond do not make me come up there and drag your lazy arse downstairs!" I groan at my sisters shouts, I knew she would quite literally drag me downstairs if she had to. You see at this moment, I'm enjoy the warmth and comfort of my quilt and bed, but my dear sister had agreed to go out for breakfast with her boyfriend and he invited me, being the annoying person he is; it's not that I have anything against Rory, my sister's boyfriend, but I do end up getting dragged along, nowadays, to lots of breakfasts and lunch with the two, Rory has this idea that I'd feel left out if he didn't invite me, and to be honest if I wasn't invited ever to hang out with them, ever, I probably would, but that doesn't mean I would like to go to every single date. This will all make a bit more sense when I explain to you that I have a bit of an abandonment issue. It started with being told that my parents had gone on a emergency business trip in the states and would be gone a few years, so my sister and I had to go move in with my aunt Sharon in England. At the time was three, so it didn't seem unbelievable, but when they didn't come back after two and a half years, I started asking questions, and as it turns out, they were dead; you're probably not that surprised, but I sure was. What didn't help is a few months prior to the admitting of my parents' deaths, was the mysterious arrival and disappearance of the Doctor. He appeared one night, when my sister and I were scared of a crack in our wall, and he fixed. He claimed to be this time traveller and when he said he'd be back in five minutes because his big blue box was malfunctioning or something, my sister and I waited in the garden all night for him, he never came back. Ever since then I've had an abandonment issue, I've seen six psychiatrists about it now, I'm still supposed to be seeing one, but I don't go. They would say he's not real, and I know I should know that, but it still feels like he'll pop up one day and we'll carry on our strange adventure. "Mackenzie, get out of bed!" My sister shouts from the open bedroom door. I groan and roll out of bed.  "Seriously, I came in to get you up an hour ago; we're going to be late!" She yells, leaving the room in a huff as she walks into her own.

"Amy, you can just go without me, I don't really want to come." I say to her as I walk into the bathroom and brush my teeth. I reach under my top a grab at the necklace hanging around my neck, I never take it off, Aunt Sharon gave it to me on my tenth birthday, saying that it was from my mum, she left it in her will to give it to me at the age of ten, when I would have moved on from the loss a little more. I walk out of the bathroom and look at my sister weirdly, only just now realising she's dressed up as a policewoman. "Amy, your boyfriend is not a criminal." I state matter-of-factly.
"Shut it Kenz, I have work straight after breakfast." She grumbles at me.
"Amelia! Mackenzie! Are you alright? Are you there?" We heard someone charging into our house and up the stairs. Amy ushers me silently into her bedroom, and grabs the cricket bat behind her door. There's a familiar man stood banging at the door at the end of the corridor. "Prisoner Zero's here. Prisoner Zero is here! Prisoner Zero is here!" We approach him from behind very quietly as to not let him know we're here. "Do you understand me? Prisoner Zero is-" He goes silent as I tread on a creaky floorboard, he whirls around as Amy swings the bat, hitting him in the face, knocking him unconscious. I kneel down and look at the man lifting his floppy hair away from his face and I hear myself gasp quietly.
"What? What is it?" Asks Amy. I shake my head, taken completely by surprise.
"You came back." I murmur, not loud enough for my sister to hear though, she got over the Doctor years ago; me on the other hand, I never forgot his face, I made sure of it with all the paintings and drawings I'd done of him, I'd become a pretty decent artist, and my art teacher would praise my work highly, until she asked who it was, the moment I mention the Doctor, she'd roll her eyes. The entire school knew of my 'imaginary friend' what they didn't know, was he isn't at all imaginary. Amy heaved him up, hauling him over to the radiator further down the hall, groaning at the weight of him. I laugh quietly to myself, something I hadn't done in a long time as I sat and watched my sister heave the raggedy man down the hall. Once she got him there, she handcuffed him to the radiator which I objected to. "Amy, don't it's him, he's not here to hurt us, didn't you hear him?" I argue.
"Kenz, don't be ridiculous, it's not the Doctor, get your head out of the clouds." She grumbles, I huff, knowing she knew exactly who it was, just not wanting to admit it. I sat down opposite him looking at his hanging head, after twelve years, he came back, he actually came back.

We sit in silence as we wait for the Doctor to wake up, he looks exactly the same, still in his raggedy old torn clothes. As we sit in silence I notice him starting to stir. "Amy." I murmur, she looks to see him waking up, and as he begins to open his eyes Amy turns on her fake radio.
"White male, mid twenties, breaking and entering. Send me some back-up. I've got him restrained." She turns from leaning against the banister to him. "Oi, you, sit still." I laugh quietly to myself as the raggedy Doctor looks around, seeming a little woozy, his eyes quickly land on me before going back to my dressed up sister, he clears his throat.
"Cricket bat." He croaks before clearing his throat again. "I'm getting cricket bat."
"You were breaking and entering." Amy states accusingly. He seems to realise something and tries to stand up, but gets yanked back down to the floor. I let out an unattractive snort as I try to hide my amusement when he stumbles back to the floor; he looks to me silently, looking a little confused before pulling at the chains again.
"Well, that's much better. Brand new me. Whack on the head, just what I needed." He sounds more awake and I continue to smile at him, watching him yank at the handcuffs.
"Do you want to shut up now? I've got back-up on the way." She says narrowing her eyes at him.
"You don't have to be so rude." I state now looking at my nails, from my spot on the floor.
"He's breaking and entering." Amy defends herself.
"He's a tad confused." I say emphasising the 'he'. The Doctor looks at me strangely as if he faintly recognises me.
"Hang on, no, wait. You're a policewoman." He states suddenly, confused.
"And you're breaking and entering. You see how this works?" Amy says simply.
"But what are you doing here? Where's Amelia? Where's Mackenzie?" He asks worriedly looking between me and Amy. Amy pauses a moment and I glance up at her.
"Mackenzie and Amelia Pond?" She asks quietly.
"Yeah, Amelia, little Scottish girl, and Mackenzie her little sister, rather sweet, never stops laughing. Where are they? I promised them five minutes, but the engines were phasing. I suppose I must have gone a bit far. Has something happened to them?" I watch him carefully and quietly, smiling a bit at the mention of me and always laughing, I haven't laughed properly in a long time, not really since that night. I watch Amy as her eyes widen a little, finally realising it's him, that it really is the raggedy man, she looks to me quickly before murmuring.
"Amelia and Mackenzie Pond haven't lived here in a long time." The Doctor leans forwards a little, suddenly his face showing more confusion as he hesitates.
"How long?"
"Six months." I reply, feeling bad that Amy's putting him through this, he seems to really care. Maybe if I say six months it'll seem like they just moved away.
"No. No. No. No, I can't be six months late. I said five minutes. I promised." He explains. When Amy turns away without a word, I stand up too walking after her. I listen as the Doctor starts to struggle, realising his late... really late. Amy clicks on her radio. "What happened to them? What happened to Amelia and Mackenzie Pond?" He asks concerned. I look back to him to see he's leaning towards us, genuinely worried. I turn away. "They grew up." I murmur to myself, not loud enough for anyone to hear.
"Sarge, it's me again. Hurry it up. This guy knows something about Amelia and Mackenzie Pond." Amy says into the radio.

"I need to speak with whoever lives in this house right now." The Doctor claims, I'm now sat with my back against my door, my head in my hands. I'd been thinking for the past ten minutes about how he'd left, why is he back, why now, I'd just got over all of this and he's back.
"We live here." Amy says, I now realise that she's putting on an English accent, I hadn't before and now that I do, I can't help but giggle a little, she sounds really posh.
"But you're the police." The Doctor objects.
"Yes, and this is where we live. Have you got a problem with that?" She questions.
"How many rooms?" He asks randomly.
"Why?" I ask, deciding to help Amy's story and put on an accent too.
"Because it will change your life." He says to me. I sigh out.
"Five. One, two, three, four, five." Amy says pointing to the doors.
"Corner of my eye." I murmur to myself as she counts, remembering what the Doctor said all those years ago, as I do, I see it, a sixth door. I feel my heart drop.
"Six." I murmur the same time the Doctor does and I find myself not being able to tear my eyes away from this mystery door. The Doctor obviously doesn't hear me, or notice me stand up as he explains to Amy that there are six doors. I walk towards it feeling drawn to it.
"The filter stops you noticing. Something came a while ago to hide. It's still hiding, and you need to uncuff me now."
"I don't have the key, I lost it." Amy states.
"How could you have lost it?" He says loudly, I'm by the door now, my hand on the handle. "No! Hey! Stay away from that door." The Doctor tells me. I feel them both looking at me. "Do not touch that door! Listen to me, do not open that." He says, and I ignore him. I push the door open and enter. I hear him mumble something else before I turn out of sight.
"Kenz, are you sure you should do that?" Amy calls after me, I ignore her too as I look around the room.
"There's nothing here." I call out eventually.
"Whatever's there stopped you seeing the room. What makes you think you can see it?" The Doctor calls.
"Kenz, I think you should come out." Amy says.
"Your screwdriver: Silver, blue at the end?" I call, seeing the object on a box, recognising it faintly from the last time he visited.
"My screwdriver, yeah." The Doctor replied.
"It's here." I respond.
"Must've rolled under the door." Amy suggests.
"Yeah, it must have. And then it must have jumped up on the table." I say, my voice shaking a little. This room, it gives off the same feeling I got from the crack when I was five.
"Get out of there." I hear the Doctor say faintly.
"Kenz, get out of there!" Amy shouts at me. I turn around in the room looking around, approaching the screwdriver. I pick it up off of the table, cringing at the sticky substance that had stuck it to the table.
"Get out! Get out of there!" The Doctor shouts. I shiver as I feel another presence.
"Kenzie, get out of there now, seriously." Amy shouts too.
"What is it? What are you doing?" The Doctor asks.
"There's nothing here but..." I fade off. "Corner of my eye." I says and hear the Doctor mutter it too.
"What is it?" I ask my voice quietly, my throat tightening as fear sets it.
"Kenzie, get out of there, I'm not kidding!" Amy yells.
"Don't try to see it. If it knows you've seen it, it will kill you. Don't look at it. Do not look." The Doctor tells me, but I can't resist it. I turn side to side until I'm faced with it.
"Oh my God." I gasp.
"Get out!" The Doctor yells one last time, before I back out of the room, shutting the door behind me and budging past Amy who was stood by the door watching, she looked petrified, I give the Doctor his screwdriver.  He points it to the closed door and it makes the funny noise again and I hear the door lock, he then points it to the handcuffs. "Oh, what's the bad alien done to you?" He murmurs as the screwdriver doesn't seem to work.
"Will that door hold it?" Amy asks approaching us.
"Oh, yeah, yeah, of course. It's an interdimensional multiform from outer space. They're all terrified of wood." He tells her, I stand leaning my head against the wall listening to their conversation as I take deep breaths. "Is she alright?" He asks Amy, obviously referring to me. I feel Amy walk over.
"Kenz, is it another attack." She asks. Ever since I found out about my parents, I'd been having panic attacks I hadn't had them in a while, but I was definitely struggling to fight one now. I don't say anything I just continue taking deep breaths. I shut my eyes as I start to feel dizzy I feel Amy grip onto me. "Just keep breathing Kenz. What's it doing?" Amy asks the Doctor.
"I don't know. Getting dressed? Run go. Your back-up's coming. I'll be fine." He says calmly. I shake my head, I didn't want to leave him but Amy lets out a noise of annoyance before she snarls at him saying:
"There is no back-up." There's a short hesitation before the Doctor refuses to understand.
"I heard you on the radio. You called for back-up." He says frankly.
"It was pretend. It's a pretend radio." I inform him turning my back to the wall, sliding down and going into an all too familiar position, with my head between my knees, as I struggle to breathe.
"You're a policewoman." The Doctor argues. Jesus, how thick is this guy?! I yell in my head as I start to feel light headed.
"I'm a kissogram." Amy announces taking off the hat and letting her ginger hair fall down her back. Suddenly the door breaks open and I shuffle away weakly as a man and dog appear. Amy kneels down to me. "Hold your breath, that's what you normally do right?" Amy asks before looking up to see the man and dog. "But it's just-"
"No it isn't." The Doctor tells her. She looks at him confused and I begin to feel less light headed as I let out my breath feeling my breathing regulate. "Look at the faces." I look up to see a the man barking at us. I stand up quickly, backing up into Amy, who pushes me behind her, protectively. "It's all one creature. One creature disguised as two. Clever old multi-form. A bit of a rush job, though." He starts to talk to the man/dog directly. "Got the voice a bit muddled, did you? Mind you, where did you get the pattern from? You'd need a psychic link, a live feed. How did you fix that?" He simply growls at us, taking a step closer to us. He opens his mouth showing razor sharp teeth. I kneel down next to the Doctor now, tugging at the handcuffs, he buzzes it again, it doesn't work. "Stay, boy! Her and me, we're safe. Want to know why? She sent for back up."
"I didn't send for back-up!" Amy says sounding scared. I look up from the chains to the Doctor.
"I know. That was a clever lie to save our lives." He says slightly annoyed. "Okay, yeah, no back up. And that's why we're safe. Alone, we're not a threat to you. If we had back up, you'd have to kill us." The Doctor amends. Then a voice rings around the house.
"Attention, Prisoner Zero. The human residence is surrounded. Attention Prisoner Zero. The human residence is surrounded." It's the same voice, the same voice as the one from the crack.
"What's that?" Amy asks.
"Well that would be back-up." The Doctor replies simply. "Okay, one more time. We do have back up and that's definitely why we're safe." The voice starts to speak again as Prisoner Zero looks look the wall, where the noise is coming from.
"Prisoner Zero will vacate the human residence or the human residence will be incinerated."
"Well, safe apart from, oh you know, just incineration." I growl out to the Doctor, still yanking at the chains. Prisoner Zero walks into Aunt Sharon's room giving the Doctor a chance to try again with the screwdriver.
"Come on, work." The Doctor says frustrated as he points the screwdriver to the handcuffs once again. The voice repeats itself once again and finally the screwdriver works and his handcuffs are released. "Run. Run!" He shouts yanking me up onto my feet. I stumble a bit still weak from the attack and he notices this so he quickly supports me, placing his arm around my waist and helping me down the stairs as quickly as possible. "Kissogram?" He asks as he pulls me out of the back door and locking it behind us.
"Yes, a kissogram. Work through it." Amy scowl at him. I lean against the Doctor's shoulder feeling tired.
"Are you alright?" He asks me quickly. I nod.
"Just a panic attack, takes a little time to recover." I grumble into his shoulder.
"Why'd you pretend to be a policewoman?"
"You broke into my house. It was this or a French maid, plus I was already changed and I had my little sister to protect." She defends herself.
"I'm two years younger than you, I'm not a baby." I say defensively, not wanting to seem weak as I stop leaning on the Doctor's shoulder, I stand up straight, feeling a little more energy rush into me. "Look, what's going on?" I ask him.
"An alien convict is hiding in your spare room disguised as a man and a dog, and some other aliens are about to incinerate your house. Any questions?"
"Yes." Amy and I both state. As we walk towards the familiar blue box, it was stood upright this time and in bright letters across the top it read 'Police Box'. I gaze at it in amazement, I never thought I'd see it again after that night.
"Me too. No, no, no, no! Don't do that, not now! It's still rebuilding. Not letting us in." He yells as he tries to unlock the doors. The voice can now be heard again and I lean against the blue box, wanting all of this to go away, I know I'd wished for the Doctor to come back, but to come back and take us away, not come back and mess everything up and tell us an alien convict that we thought we were rid of years ago was still in our house. I look to the window of our house to see Prisoner Zero barking. I shiver, only now just realising, I was still wearing what I had on in bed which was a woolly cropped jumper and grey joggers.
"Come on." Amy says pulling the Doctor away, the Doctor grabs my hand, pulling me along to, but he realises something and yanks Amy back.
"No, wait, hang on. Wait, wait, wait, wait. The shed. I destroyed that shed last time I was here. Smashed it to pieces." He says running to the shed we replaced once the box had landed on it, me still in tow as he still holds my hand. Amy approaches us.
"So there's a new one. Let's go." Amy groans.
"Yeah, but the new one's got old. It's ten years old at least." The Doctor objects, Amy's eyes widen, and I smile slightly. He sniffs it and then licks his finger that had been on the shed before correcting himself. "Twelve years." He mumbles, I let go of his hand, twelve years, the realisation set in, he left twelve years ago, he's twelve years late, I was so wound up in the excitement of him being back I didn't realise how he broke his promise. I frown slightly. "I'm not six months late, I'm twelve years late."
"He's coming." Amy says quietly as the Doctor approaches her, I follow behind quietly, I'd pulled my hand away when I realised how late he was.
"You said six months. Why did you say six months?" He says turning to face me suddenly.
"We've got to go." I plead with him, I can't do this, I can't admit this to myself, that he's this late, that he broke his promise. I start to walk away grabbing Amy's hand and pulling her to face away, Amy walks ahead of me, but the Doctor grabs my hand again, pulling me back.
"This matters. This is important. Why did you say six months?" Anger bursts up inside me and I swivel round.
"Why did you say five minutes!?" I yell, tears in my eyes. My accent broke and I realised that I sounded Scottish again, everything was out.
"What?" The Doctor says, in disbelief.
"Come on." Amy pulls my other hand, I let go and she stumbles forward a bit, I look to the floor, not wanting to look at the Doctor as he looks at me. He places his hand on my chin, lifting my head.
"Mackenzie?" He whispers. I grab his hand and start to pull him away.
"Come on." I say following after my sister.
"What?"
"Come on!" Amy yells.
"What!" The Doctor yells back and we start to run.

________________________________________________________________________________

Hi y'all, hope you enjoyed the second chapter, at the moment I haven't actually posted the first chapter but I really enjoy writing it and so I wanted to carry on, I literally spent five hours writing them, I go into a lot of detail, so I'm going through watching the episode as I do it. I'd love to know what you guys think so please leave a comment. Hope you enjoyed, see y'all soon.

Cyber <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.3K 503 27
"I can't figure out how to show you how much you mean to me. You are my golden girl, my dearest friend. I am incredibly lucky to have you next to me...
340 4 18
The Second Doctor is on the cusp of regeneration. Now the Time Lords had gotten to him, the Doctor was placed inside the TARDIS and sent to begin the...
2K 48 12
The Eleventh Doctor is on a mission to return his old companion, Grace Halloway, back to Earth, from where she was taken by a mysterious Time Lady by...
203K 4.9K 38
A little girl escapes the Time War when the Timelords return in "End of Time Part 2″. The newly regenerated Doctor must now raise the little girl whi...