The Rising Moon

By OddBall4

More

The Rising Moon p.1
The Rising Moon p.2
The Rising Moon p.3
The Rising Moon p.4
The Rising Moon p.5
The Rising Moon p.6
The Rising Moon p.7
The Rising Moon p.8
The Rising Moon p.9
The Rising Moon p.11
The Rising Moon p.12
The Rising Moon p.13
The Rising Moon p. 14
The Rising Moon p. 15

The Rising Moon p.10

81 1 0
By OddBall4

NOTE: I want to apologize just in case the story seems unfinished in this part because I'm limited on my time today, softball tournament in the morning!!

Cups were being refilled, laughing tourmented my tired mind, the night was still young, but being bored can knock me out. Picking at the chocolate lava cake, my eyes wandered around the dinning room, Troy and his family was the only family not seated with another family. My finger started tapping on my fork, making an annoying sound when it hit the plate, so I ceased the tapping. I glanced at the clock, it was 10:55, I promised myself that I would dismiss myself at eleven. Father was talking up a storm with the idian couple, I listened in a little on their conversation.

"So your son and daughter are in the city?"

"Yes, they wanted to go sight seeing with some of the other royal children." Lord Aadi informed, so apparently I didn't have to be here, why didn't anybody tell me that, I sighed and sat back in my chair.

"You okay?" Mia asked, placing her cold hand on my back, I thought about that question for awhile. I removed the napkin from my lap and dropped it on the table

"Yea," I said getting up, "I'm just tired." I quickly walked out the door, knowing that father would be disappointed by how I 'rudely excused' myself. I was halfway to the stairs when I heard footsteps trailing me. "What?" I said turning around to see James, he stopped, taken aback by my crackiness, but continued to walk towards me.

"Are you okay?"

"I'm tired, and would like to get to bed, then I'll think I'll be just fine." I said turning around, but he was blocking my path when I was fully turned

"What did you think about that speech?"

"It was alright, it didn't matter to me." I shrugged, his face went serious, and it woke me up a little, "Why?"

"You know this war should matter to you Neri, you're not thinking of all the possibilites that could happen."

"And how would you know, I have thought of them." I tried going around him, but he was still infront of me

"Because I could hear your thoughts when the speech was given."

"Well maybe if you stay out of my head, we wouldn't be having this problem. Now good night." I stepped around him, but he grabbed my arm and pushed me up against a wall, "What's your problem!"

"Right now you are," that hurt, but it silenced my talking, "have you really thought about this, the outcomes that could happen?"

"I already told you I did." I hissed

"No you haven't, if you had then you would be a nervous. If we lose this war, what's going to happen to you? Because I can tell you that you're not going to be living a normal life if we get killed."

"I don't have time for this." I tried to walk away, but he wouldn't let me go until he got his words in

"Well you better make time. Like Troy said, they've gotten stronger and smarter, we're still the dominant species, but that doesn't mean they can't beat us. If we get killed, then I'm more than positive that you're not going to have a pleasent stay with the wolves- if they even let you live.," my heart skipped a beat, "I see I got your attention, what the wolves do to their hostages is merciless. When they put fear in their eyes, it satisfies them and makes them want more. They like to be in control of your emotions, it's their favorite weapon. I don't know how they treat women, but I think we both can guess on the many things they would do.," he let go of my arms, "So you better start caring if you want to see Africa again." I haven't thought about all that, but now it's stuck in my head, repeating itself, I walked around him and stopped just before the stairs.

"But nothing will happen to you, not as long as I keep breathing"

I sat on the shower floor as the hot water pounded against the my back, the water ran down my hair ridding it of the curls Mia put in. When I got in the shower it was 11:30 and the dinner was still going. I had the room to myself until midnight, I turned the water off, and stepped out the shower. I grabbed my brush, and groomed my thick hair, the waves and curls started to form with each stroke the brush took. My hair curled up to the middle of my back, I threw on a tank top and sofee shorts. I walked over to my closet and hung up my dress, I ran my hand along the side, enjoying the silky texture. I turned to get my shoes but a dark figure on my bed stopped me, I ran to turn on the nearest lamp.

"The dress fit you well." Domonic told

"What are you doing in here? The dinner isn't over."

"Unlike you, I excused myself. Something you humans fail at doing."

"Why are you in here?" he laid across my bed

"You and James had a little quarrel." he said plainly

"What happened was none of your business." he sat up, and was face to face with me before I could blink

"You're in our world now," his cool hand brush across my face, "everything that happens is my business." he took a deep breath, "You smell divine, fresh."

"Well that's nice." I said pushing his hard body away

"Only James was the lucky one to taste you." he said getting closer

"And he'll be the only one." a smirk curled across his face, his pupils started to dilate, and my mind was telling my body to give itself up. I should have seen this coming, Domonic and James had similar powers over the mind. Only James could tell your body what to do, and you still have the mind power to know what your doing. Domonic on the other hand, can take control of your emotions and your mind, telling your body what to do. He's never used it on me, but I've seen him use it on some girls he brings home. I hope he wasn't planning on making one of them.

He took both my arms and put them above my head, with his other hand, he ran it along my back. I shivered by his touch, pathetically wanting more, and two words, he got what he wanted, "Your neck." he whispered in my ear, and with that I turned my head to the side, I felt his winter breath. He licked my spot where he planned on biting, and I let out a small moan. His fangs caressed my neck and he quickly penetrated my skin, I released a slight breath of shock. I could feel the energy being sucked from me, but I didn't care, I wanted him to have my blood; I wanted him to be pleased.

He stopped and licked the left over blood from my neck, then he started to kiss my neckline. His pink lips reached mine, and the metallic taste of my blood seeped into my mouth. I felt the bed sheets underneath me, and his hard body above mine, he laid soft kisses on my face, my cheeks, my neck, everywhere. He slipped his hand under my shirt and undid my bra, only then did I realize what I was letting happen, I tried to push Domonic off, but he didn't notice it. He started to kiss my lips again, "Domonic....stop..." I said between kisses, he wouldn't. I turned my head avoiding his kiss, catching my breath, "Stop." I said with authority. He stopped and looked at me confused, "I think you need to go." I rolled from under him and sat at the edge of the bed, I could feel his weight lifting.

"Don't pretend that you didn't want it." he mocked

"I'm not pretending, I just didn't want to with you. You brought Tanya for that reason."

"Right, but the same person can be a bore."

"Well then find someone other than me," I headed for the bathroom, "now I think you should go now." and I closed the bathroom door

Domonic P.O.V

She shut the door, I heard the lock click, that door couldn't hold me back. But I didn't want to hear her complaining and denial, so I left. I headed back down to the dinner, I highly doubt that anyone would question why I was gone for so long. Everyone was up from their seats and was mingling with each other, many of the younger vampires were out on the town; lucky. I'd rather be anywhere but here listening to the elders talk about victory, we know once we get serious with this war, we will win. There may be some deaths, but we will win.

There was a firm hand on my shoulder, "Brother," I turned around, "where have you been?"

"Out, why do you care?" I sneared

"You've been 'out' for awhile." I shook his hand from my shoulder

"Why, little brother, since when did you get so intrested in my whereabouts?"

"Well, Neri left the dinner, and then you excused yourself about thirty minutes after."

"And you find that suspicious?"

"We all know how you are when it comes down to women. And I know how you are when it comes down to Neri." I chuckled

"You know me too well." he was right, I've only slept with a human woman ten times, and each time was the best sex of my life. But I've never been with a human with her innocence still with her; but that will all change in time. And I want Neri to be my canidate, it helps that she's beyond attractive.

"Domonic, just watch where your eyes wander. Our father sees her as his daughter, as our sister."

"Yea, well I'm not Father. I don't see her as a sister, never have, and I never will. And I know you don't see her as a sister either."

"Don't don't tell me how I see her, she will always be like a sister to me."

"Bullshit," I hissed, "I see the way you look at her, and I'm not big on the family thing, but I know a brother doesn't look at his sister like the way you do." our argument was heating up, I headed out the door with James fast on my tracks, I didn't stop until we were outside, isolated from the others inside.

"The way I look at her isn't the way you think I do."

"Then how do you look at her! Huh? How do you see her?" I spat, he looked at me for awhile, then he looked down at the ground, I could see the confused look in his face

"How do you see her?" I calmed down a little, I hated to see my brother so vulnerable, so weak

"It's different from how you see her."

"I don't know how I see her, it's confusing, she's here to play our sister."

"Don't tell me that you see something that attractive as nothing more than a sister." it was more of an order than a question

"She's beautiful, it's hard to see her as nothing more than a sister."

"She's not our sister James, when will you get that?"

"When father gets that she's not his daughter." and he was gone, I sighed, he always was the one to please our father. I knew one day in his life he would come across pleasure for himself and pleasing for father, and the day Neri came, was the day he would have to choose. I wonder what would happen if James gave into pleasure, father never laid down any rules besides the blood drinking part. I was curious to know what he would do if she gave herself to one of us, I wonder how James would act if he found out that we almost slept together. I might tell him to prove my point, but not now, the dinner was almost over and the elders were still here. If my brother and I have a brawl infront of them, then we would have shamed our names, and embarrass our father.

I heard heels walking in my direction, "There you are my prince," Tanya flirted, "I was looking all over for you." she was wrapping her arms around my waist, I wasn't in the mood to be with her tonight. "Are you ready to have some fun tonight?" she whispered in my ear, then started nibbling at it. I was a little shocked she couldn't smell Neri's scent on me, she was too close not to smell it; maybe she was ignoring it. I grabbed her arms and removed them from my waist, "What's wrong my prince?"

"I'm bored with you, sleep with someone else."

"What! Well then were will I sleep?" she barked

"Ask for a guest room until I want you. Simple." I said walking off

"Who will please you tonight! That human! I can smell her on you."

"The only reason you can, is because I fed from her tonight." it was half true, if that maid got some dirt on me, she'll use it against me. She followed me inside back to the dinner, she tried to convince me that she wouldn't bore me tonight, but I had my eyes set on who would please me. Her long slender legs looked beautiful and appealing, but that tiny red dress made her legs look even longer. I haven't had a go at that in two weeks, way too long for me.

Mia.

I left Tanya talking, and casually walked over to Mia, she was standing by herself with a glass of blood in her hands. "Mia." I noted

"Domonic."

"I haven't been with you in awhile." I said glancing at her breast

"My eyes are up here."

"Since when did you care where my eyes wandered?" I said taken aback, but I didn't show it

"Since I started respecting my body."

"And when was that?"

"Since a certain human talked some sense in me." she sassed, so Neri was a life coach now, I leaned against the wall and put my charms to work

"You know what I miss? Your legs wrapped around me." she rolled her eyes, I grabbed her chin and helped her remember. I lay a soft kiss on her lips, her lips responded and I knew I had her. "You can come drop by my room after the dinner." there was a smile on her face, then it faded

"I promised Neri, I would think about being with you."

"You must be forgetting I'm a higer power than you, than Neri. If I tell you to do something, you do it." she looked hurt a little, I sighed, "And have you thought about it?" she nodded, "And?"

"I hope you're ready for the time of your life."

Women...

Continue Reading