happily ever after ↯ red velv...

By milkystars

❝once upon a time, five girls were stuck in a summer camp.❞ a fairytale with a series of murders :) → COMPL... More

intro
i
ii
iii
iv
v
vi
vii
viii
ix
x
xi
epilogue
편지 - letter
ae: x

extra: FAQ

2K 158 39
By milkystars

i'm answering the unanswered ;00

-

[ WHAT KIND OF SCHOOL DO THEY EVEN GO TO? ]

honestly, i don't know how to answer this. in the rush of trying to schedule a summer camp the principal never needed to do before, i guess he just forgot some vital details. perhaps he was up at 3AM and trying to bullshit his way through it. the world may never know.

[ WHO WOULD YOU HAVE SIDED WITH IN THE FIGHT? ]

reminder: in the beginning of the book, the girls got into a conflict where they argued on whether they should call the cops or not

my response? i would've sided with seungwan and yerim to not call the police. of course, i would probably have gotten murdered, but look at all of the good reapings: an entire high school to yourself and your friends, food in the fridge for whenever you want, the things you can take from classrooms, pranks on unsuspecting teachers, freely using the school intercom, etc.

[ WHY WOULD THE GIRLS TAKE A ROPE-TYING CLASS? ]

this was probably super suspicious for all of the girls, but the rope-tying class was really innocent. they went camping over the summer and rope-tying is a skill for boating and canoeing that they learned. who would've known something that started so innocent would end so tragically?

[ WHO ACTUALLY KILLED JOY? HOW? ]

sooyoung (joy) was killed by kang seulgi. the swimming pool is in the same building as the basketball court. yerim innocently testified for seulgi and gave her an alibi, not knowing what she got herself into.

yerim said that when she entered the building to take a shower, she saw seulgi playing basketball. indeed, she was practicing her shots. however, seulgi was recording herself playing and put the audio recording on loop during the duration of yerim's shower time. this way, yerim wouldn't see suspicious of a mysterious silence when seulgi snuck out of the basketball court and into the swimming pool area. sooyoung, though she was set up for her death rather quickly, she died sometime between when yerim was talking to seulgi whilst seulgi was in the shower (a tactic to keep yerim from checking on sooyoung) and when they went to investigate sooyoung's absence at lunch.

[ WHY DID SOOYOUNG DIE BY DROWNING? ]

i think the most ironic thing about sooyoung's death is how she died. "sooyoung" means "swimming" in korean (roughly), and she died by drowning as a swimmer. (honestly where has my love of dad jokes and puns taken me?)

[ DID YOU MAKE UP A RANDOM CHEMICAL TO KILL SEUNGWAN WITH? ]

surprisingly, no. sodium azide, the chemical that seungwan died from, is a real chemical that is commonly found within regular chemistry classrooms for preserving lab experiments. students are warned against consuming it due to its lethal qualities. it causes severe headaches, dangerously low blood pressure, and eventually heart failure. unfortunately, many researchers use this chemical as a method of suicide. (i don't support, don't do suicide. it's bad for your health)

[ WHO CALLED THE COPS? ]

in fact, most of the girls called the cops.

the first one to call the cops was park sooyoung - joy. she was the one to side with seulgi to say that they should call the cops. even though the majority agreed to not call the cops, a gut feeling told sooyoung that it was the right choice. however, the cops thought it was a joke and told her not to prank the department.

second to call was seungwan - wendy. though she was originally for not calling them, a murder was too much. she called after she left the room after trying to draw out the mystery on the shalk board. she called the cops, who were slightly irritated about the amount of "prank calls" they had received similar to hers. her phone call was no use, and it didn't help the situation. that night, seungwan was murdered.

next to call the cops was seulgi, sometime after seungwan was killed. she called the cops and told them to come to the school because one of her friends just got murdered. however, the cops thought this was a repeating joke and told seulgi that a repeat offense of pranking the police department would land her in jail. at this point, she knew that she could get away with more murders by the time the police traced their phones to arrest them for "false claims."

before yerim went about to solve the mystery, the first thing she did was call the police. at this point, the officer picking up the calls was seriously concerned. if these girls were telling her the truth, that they were alone in the school like sooyoung said and people had been murdered as seungwan and seulgi said, then there was a reason to go investigate. it took some convincing, but the some cops left the station to investigate the deaths at the school.

the only one who didn't call was juhyun - irene. she stuck with her opinion that no one would believe them, which was partially true, and that they would suffer the consequences. when the police investigated, all the girls except her had calls to the police station from the room except juhyun. this further confirmed their proof that juhyun had killed the girls.

[ WAS SEULGI THE ORIGINAL KILLER? ]

actually, no. i wanted to make this fic after imaginary friend, my other horror fic. i intended for the killer to be yerim or juhyun, but thought that it would be too obvious, especially because of the turn-out of events in imaginary friend. i just had to think of the least likely person to do the killings, which turned out to be seulgi.

[ HOW DID YOU THINK OF SEULGI'S REVENGE? ]

i honestly thought that the story ending with juhyun being killed and seulgi being arrested would be a little too cliche or expected. however, framing juhyun would inflict the worst punishment upon juhyun, where she would have to live with being called the murderer while knowing who actually did it and grieving her friends at the same time.

best revenge? yes. recommended? no.

[ WHAT DID JUHYUN DO THAT WAS SO BAD THAT SHE DESERVED TO DIE? ]

the biggest fault that juhyun had done was neglect to see the things around her. she lived in a sort of high step where see didn't see anything except what concerned herself. on top of that, her ignorance led her to believe that yes, she was the top dog. this meant that she unintentionally caused lots of people to be unheard, neglected, hated. if she opened her eyes, she would've seen the damage she caused.

[ WHY WAS IRENE SO CALM AT THE END? ]

juhyun (irene) was only that calm because she gave up. she knew that she didn't do any of the murders. she knew that her friends were dead and their families blamed her. but, she has no one else to blame but herself. she played right into seulgi's trap and was put at fault. there was nothing to fight for except for her dignity, something that disappeared once she realized what seulgi's revenge was. she honestly thought she was safer in prison, away from the families of her friends that already hate her. how could she have faced her parents and siblings afterwards?

[ WHY WERE WE LEAD ON TO THINK THAT JUHYUN DID THE MURDERS? ]

i honestly love seeing my readers trying to interpret what the heck was happening. i saw some of it in imaginary friend, where the murderer was heavy implied and told throughout the story. except, the story was structured so that it was honestly a little skeptical about the killer. i wanted happily ever after to be different in that sense.

[ WHAT WAS SEULGI'S BETTER MOTIVATION? ]

obviously, killing a bunch of people because you were ignored and neglected seems a little far-off. what formed from all of this neglect and resentment was the need to prove herself. seulgi's motivation for killing and getting revenge was to show juhyun that she was not a puppet without words anymore and she would not be pushed around. seulgi's situation of her ideas being pushed away was something she couldn't escape from. in return for juhyun being its biggest encouragement, she wanted juhyun to be in an inescapable position of self-remorse as well.

was it extra? yes. but was it worth it for seulgi? definitely.

[ WHO KILLED WHO IN THE ALTERNATE ENDING? ]

seulgi killed sooyoung

juhyun killed seungwan

seulgi killed yerim

yerim killed them both (sort of) whilst she was dying

[ WAIT, SO WHAT HAPPED AT THE END OF ALTERNATE ENDING CHAPTER TEN? ]

yerim took advantage of seulgi and juhyun's anger towards each other and her own anger towards them. adrenaline pushed her through to shove them to the balcony, where seulgi was pushed off. to avoid the sudden and unexpected death, seulgi grabbed onto juhyun's hair to keep herself from falling. juhyun, who was suddenly blinded with pain, was easily toppled over the railing after yerim lifted juhyun's feet off the ground.

[ HOW IS IT POSSIBLE FOR YERI TO BE ALIVE IN THE ALTERNATE ENDING? ]

when juhyun was at the kitchen, she only saw yerim slumped over the kitchen sink with a knife stuck through her abdomen. however, simple knife stabs in the abdomen do not kill you. but, will it injure you? yes. yerim was the one to piece everything together and was the first one to piece together, making her a high target for both seulgi and juhyun, who both murdered someone. once it was clear that juhyun had left, yerim followed juhyun up to the balcony, where she fought with seulgi. in her last moments of strength, yerim's goal was to get her own revenge and end juhyun and seulgi. however, the stab to her lung also caused her to cough up blood and choke :-)

[ HOW DID JUHYUN NOT DIE IN THE ALTERNATE ENDING?]

it is very possible for juhyun to have survived. though her head must have hurt like hell from having her head pulled, she probably would've landed on top of seulgi and would have been cushioned from a very quick death. it just looks like her luck is not working out for her.

[ HOW DID YOU GET THE IDEA FOR THIS BOOK? ]

okay, so i was watching red velvet's russian roulette music video (because i'm lowkey really obsessed). and i was like, "whoa dying." but i also thought, "dying...in a school?" and ta-da, there's a book about dying in a school.

[ WILL I BE WRITING MORE HORROR? ]

perhaps, when i think of a non-cliche idea? i like to read horror books to give me ideas but then i get scared when i think of an idea because i think i'm stealing off of someone.

[ MY GREATEST ANNOYANCE WHILST WRITING? ]

honestly it wasn't actually writing the book. wattpad actually annoys me because i! want! this! book! to! be! a! horror! book!

[ MY RED VELVET BIAS? ]

kang seulgi! i honestly don't know what to think of this book anymore.

[MY FAVORITE COMMENT? ]

my favorite comment by far was in chapter 4 (iv) and i was wheezing.

but i love all comments and i really appreciated everyone who took the time to read, comment, and vote!

-

word count: 1818

-

i hope you liked the FAQ thing! ciao, lovelies.

- janice.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28K 812 19
Recently moving to Korea, you'd found yourself not shifting into Korean high school easily. Luckily for you, there were some fresh new faces that wer...
104K 2.5K 27
Kim Y/N was a bodyguard who's assigned to look after Wendy. she really doesn't like being guarded and being watched so she's very cold at y/n. y/n wa...
5.4K 344 6
New Jeans Male Member
109K 1.8K 66
Genre: Varies REQUESTS ARE CLOSED Hello guys! This is part two of the Kpop Story Library! Here you can read romantic stories and adventures of Y/n a...