Orange Roses

By WriterActress

SEQUEL to WHITE ROSES. Matty made through her first year of high school and now gets a break back in her home... More

Orange Roses
Chapter One: Scars
Chapter Two: Boys with Scars
Chapter Three: Bodies Hit the Floor
Chapter Four: Questioning Insanity
Chapter Five: Blood Suckers Galore
Chapter Six: Fighter
Chapter Seven: A Million Hearts and a Million Stars
Chapter Eight: Nightmare
Chapter Nine: Werewolf
Chapter Ten: No Faerie Wine
Chapter Eleven: The Cult
Chapter Twelve: Vampire Business
Chapter Thirteen: Pull Back the Curtain
Chapter Fourteen: Hook Me Up on Faerie Dust
Chapter Fifteen: Nurse
Chapter Sixteen: The Awkward, Almost Kiss
Chapter Seventeen: Something Sweeter
Chapter Eighteen: What is a Monster
Chapter Nineteen: Prick of a Thorn
Chapter Twenty-One: A billion Memories
Chapter Twenty-Two: The Things I See
Twenty-Three: Devouring Me, My Nightmare
Twenty-Four: Happily Never After
Preview: Red Roses

Chapter Twenty: Jealousy

633 50 2
By WriterActress

Chapter Twenty:

Jealousy 

Trying to change the subject, I asked, "So what are you doing here?" I looked at the pretty orange roses.

"Been makin' sure that the dead girl's spirit sleeps peacefully. Ye never want a vengeful spirit wondering' around in Spirit World. Bring bad luck," he explained, "That's my job and I do a good job."

"I bet," I said with a smile as I felt eyes burning into the side of my face.

"Poor girl though. No one deserves that death," he told me as my ears perked up. "That human boy much too cruel."

"Human boy?" I asked as I tried not to smile. Perfecto. I was right! I was right! It wasn't some fucked up faerie! It was a human. Hot damn! I knew coming to the crime scene would find me something. I couldn't believe it!

"I always know when a poor human's going to die prematurely. Saddest thing to watch," he explained, "I follow them around for a few days before because I like getting a sense of em'. Ye know...pretty girl. Real pretty with all that black hair."

"Did you see who it was that killed her?" I asked him even though I doubted it. This guys has been getting away without getting caught by a witness with all the iron and whatnot, but I couldn't help it, I had to give it a shot.

"I was followin' her real good too, but he had sight." I sat down with my legs crossed now.

"How do you know?" Daisy asked as I figured it out, it was because he knew to wear iron to get the faeries away from him and his victim.

"He wore a lot of iron and them chemicals that humans use some of. It burned my nose so bad that I had to leave the poor girl when he started talkin' to her." He explained as I nodded.

"He didn't take her?" Daisy asked.

He shook his furry head. "No Ma'am. He talked to her first. Real charming, but he had them dark men following him and he stank of blood. Men who smell like that are tainted. The nightmare court won't even take them souls like dat."

All the guys in the group wore a lot of iron to keep faeries away, so it didn't narrow it down, but it did prove my point.

"I really did try to stick around," he whispered, "but the smell and those men!" he hung his head like it weighed fifty pounds. "She screamed and fought like hell. I can tell you that much."

I nodded and got up. "Thanks." I picked up Drake because it seemed that the news about Erasmus made him freeze to the spot. Daisy got on Unicorn boy's shoulders as I turned to leave.

"Make him stop, me lady." I stopped and turned around to look at the cat who looked at the blood spots on the ground. "I can't take no more blood screaming girls. It weighs too heavily on me old heart."

"Promise," I whispered. I walked into the sunlight and felt the weight of Drake's glamour lift off of me as Drake sat on my hand, not looking at me.

"Oh come on, Drake, don't be pissed," I told him as we walked toward the water. "I'm going to need you for the next part of my plan." The waves licked my ankles and the cool water felt good against my feet and my scars on the right foot. Sometimes they still burned like the wounds were still opened.

"What do you expect, Matty?" Daisy asked. "I still can't believe you didn't tell him!" Unicorn boy decided to stay out of this by looking at anything other than Daisy, Drake, and me.

"I'm not pissed," Drake finally said in a voice that reminded me of the sounds that like when a monster does right before it attacks me. The kind of monster that kids wake up screaming from.

Oh crap, I'm screwed. "Drake, I'll tell you-"

"Why didn't you just tell me sooner?" He asked me as he looked at me, flying up to my face. "Do you plan on marrying him?" My jaws dropped as I tried not to burst into one of my spasm fits where I throw my hands in the air to try to defend myself.

"What? Drake, do you think we really have time for this?" I asked him.

"Fine, go marry him. I really don't care." Drake told me as he looked at the ocean and brushed something off the dirt. "I really don't. I bet you two had a grand old time catching up when you were in faerieworld."

What. The. Hell. "Wha-"

"Did you have a good tumble in his bed? Did he promise you all the things you've ever wanted? Oh I bet he did and I bet his murderous parents just squealed like pigs from Hell when they heard their son was finally getting married to the Human Prince-"

I dropped him, but his wings caught the air instead of becoming splatter on the ground.

"You stupid jerk!" I yelled as his face. "I didn't do a god damn thing with him! We talked and yeah, he wanted to marry me, but I didn't want to! I came back to check on you because I give a crap about you! And if you knew me like you think you do then you would know I would rather freaking die then be with a stupid immortal faerie like you or Erasmus or anyone else in this goddamn world!"

I spun on my heels and turned around, not carrying about the weird looks I got from people. I really wanted to hit him. How dare he think I slept with Erasmus? GOD! I can't believe him! He should know that I'd never sleep with someone if I wasn't in love with them. Dammit! Dammit! How can he even think that? I was so mad I thought I might kill someone. My stomach burned as I gritted my teeth and had the urge to scream at the sky.

Screw him! I don't need him! Hell, why doesn't he just go back to Faerieworld?

I felt someone on my shoulder as I opened my mouth to yell, but found a nervous Daisy, who kept flapping her wings nervously and and practically began jumping up and down on my shoulder. "Matty, maybe you should relax and talk to him-"

"Screw that ass! He's lucky that I didn't squish him right then and there!" I hissed between gritted teeth as I kicked the sand. Some people looked at me, but I glared at them, daring them to come near me. "Daisy, you're pretty good with glamour-wait, where's Unicorn Boy?" I asked as she shuttered.

"He...he went with Drake to-"

"What does he need help with? I'm trying to catch a freaking murderer!" I yelled as Daisy flew off my shoulder.

"Well, you know..." She said as she shrugged her shoulder. "He could lose his temper too, you know."

"Like I give a damn! I needed his help and he tells me I'm sleeping with Erasmus!" I told her as I continued to walk. I don't mind being called ugly and a bitch, but a slut? A slut? That's just...ARGH! I wanted to smack him upside the head in his bigger form or throw him into the ocean so the mermaids could get to him.

Daisy flew off my shoulder and into the front of my face with her hands on her hips. "How do you know it's not important? He's the queen's personal guard as he is yours-"

"Then why doesn't he go back to her, huh? Why doesn't he leave like he does, but actually stays? It would make my life a hell of a lot easier!" I finally screamed. I don't care if I look nuts, I'm just so angry....

I thought Drake knew me better! He always said he could read me like a map and stuff like that, but why couldn't he realize that I would never do that.

Daisy stomped her foot in the air as she let out a high pitched scream. "Are you so oblivious that you don't know what this is really about? How can you be so thickheaded! He's not upset over the fact that you could be marrying Erasmus; he's upset t hat you might love Erasmus!"

That's just stupid. It should be obvious that I'm not in love with Erasmus. I mean, come on! If I was in love with him then I would've stayed with him, I think. Wouldn't he be the one protecting me if that were the case? I don't even like the idea to be near Erasmus like that. Okay, maybe that's a bit of a lie, but I don't love him...

...wait a minute...

"And why would he give a crap about that?" I hissed. She slapped her forehead with the palm of her hand.

"You cannot be this stupid! There should be a law against being so oblivious!"

What the hell is she talking about? What should be so freaking obvious? Why did everything have to be so freaking complicated? I wanted to scream and kick, but the more I thought about it the more the anger built up and I just wanted to scream. I couldn't lose it though because everyone already thinks I'm crazy. I don't need to give them a reason.

I ignored her. "Are you going to help me or not?"

"But...But...But..."

"Daisy!"

"Fine!" She yelled. "What do you want from me?"

"Glamour two people."

"Of course, but why?" I pulled out my cell phone and dialed Ari's number. "Ari, hey, you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm at work right now. What's up?" Ari asked as I heard him put something down, probably a guitar.

"I got something from John's house last night. Can I come up to meet you?" I asked asnDaisy looked around, searching for Drake and Unicorn boy, I guess.

"Sure babe, come on by."

I hung up as Daisy asked, "You're not going to call Ruth?"

I'd been thinking about Ruth since last night when she called me, worrying about me. I knew that she wanted to help, but she was so much closer tothat normal life beyond faeries. As much as I wanted someone to cling to, someone to help me, I couldn't have that with her because she was so close to being a human. And me?

I'm walking a thin line. There are times when I'm sure that I'm losing my mind and falling off whatever edge I'm trying to keep on, or maybe I'm finally giving in and taking that step over the line.

"No," I stated, "I can't. Ruth might get hurt." I smiled for the first time since Drake decided to be a jerk and accuse me of sleeping with Erasmus. "She doesn't need to be involved."

We walked in silence to where Drake sung at the fine dinning vampire place. I tried not to think about Drake and what he said, but he wouldn't leave me alone. I kept seeing him standing in front of me with that look on his face as he glared at me, demanding answers from me and accusing. I hated him. I can't believe him. Why couldn't he just trust me?

Because you didn't tell him about Erasmus sooner, my mind told me. There wasn't any reason for him to know though. Nothing happened. Nothing happened? Really? He asked you to marry him! Seeing as how Drake is our protector, he should know if someone from another court wants to marry you! Don't forget the fact that he kissed you like you've never been kissed in your life.

So what? Kissing isn't that big of a deal. And marriage? Come on, I didn't take that seriously.

He put his hand on your boob and everything!

Don't say and everything! That suggest a lot more.

Erasmus wanted to 'mix his blood with yours'! That means sex you moron!

I know it means sex! But...But...But I don't love Erasmus. Maybe when I was little I might have been in love with him, but that was when I believed in princes and princesses!

Then who do you love?

"Yo babe!"

I looked up at Ari to see him smiling as he leaned over the iron railing. "Hey," I told him as I pulled out the locket, "guess where I found this?"

Ari smirked and looked at the locket that dangled in my hand. "Not at any tourists shop, I'm guessing."

"John's place last night," I stated as I smirked. He mimicked my smirk. "I think this means we need to get into his pl-"

I stopped talking when I noticed the two FBI guys, who looked like an older less attractive version of The Men in Black, came up toward us."Ari Harrison," one said as Ari looked at him and frowned, "you are under arrest for the murders of ten women."

WHAT?!

_______________________________________________________________________________

I know, I know, some of you are probably just wanting to hit your head against a wall since Matty is being so blind when it comes to Drake. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

92 12 5
ใ€Ever since I've been getting these dreams of these mysterious people, my attraction for you has grown like I never expected it to. ใ€ž -๐ŸŒธ Beck a...
34.8K 2K 38
๐“•๐“ช๐“ถ๐“ฒ๐“ต๐”‚ ๐““๐“ธ๐“ฎ๐“ผ๐“ท'๐“ฝ ๐“”๐“ท๐“ญ ๐“ฒ๐“ท ๐“‘๐“ต๐“ธ๐“ธ๐“ญ Morgan is sent to live with her grandmother at a college in the middle of nowhere. Forced from the...
207K 5.3K 43
Imara Fox has a dark past. If she can't control her necromancy, she will have a dark future a head of her. Turning to Hogwarts for protection, she me...
2 0 1
Three fifteen-year-old classmates, with nothing in common but secrets that divide and threaten to destroy them cross paths with a mischievous and nau...