She Belongs To Him

By sugarfairy1976

'If you're done staring then please sit down' - Christian Valentino © sugarfairy1976 Best rankings! #1 sarcas... More

Author's note please read
1. Happy working place.
2. Met him finally
3. At work
5. Restaurant
6. Waiting for me
7. Photoshoot
8. Lunch date
9. Going together
10. Night to remember
11. Growing attraction
12. Flight to paris
13. hotels
14. I'm a stalker?
15. Yours are softer
16. Friend
17. Hangout
18. Jealousy?
19. Dancing with the devil
20. Aphrodisia
21. Dragged out
22. I lost the bet
23. Ideal day
24. Can I not kiss you?
25. I love you

4. Fever

152K 3.9K 1.3K
By sugarfairy1976

Chloe's POV 
Several days went boring. Coming to the office doing work, setting his files, arranging his schedule and other stuff. Though I wouldn't ignore the fact that it's been peaceful enough. Obviously, who likes being in their boss' eyes all the time? Not me for sure.

Because all it does is gather trouble. I've been trying to get my own cabin as soon as possible but the renovation is yet to be completed. And being honest, I'm genuinely excited to see the new office. I took a little secret glimpse at the area yesterday before going home and all I can say is that I'm amazingly impressed. Even though the place is still incomplete, it's going to soon come out as exquisite.

Exquisite.

Another beautiful existence in the office is the owner himself. It feels he dresses up like he's modeling for some clothing brand, because he looks so expensive and elegant. Everyday he wears a different three piece suit and a matching watch. Sometimes he looks like a sculpture I would've to pay for just to look at him, not even exaggerating.

His expressionless face screams dominance and perfection. No wonder he is one of the most successful businessmen in the country. Not just in business but even in the glamour world, he's a known face. Celebrity friends and being a part of some very prominent fashion brands, he is not just famous but also respected.

I was going downstairs to make coffee for Mr. Valentino and on my way I met Austin. He walked towards my direction with his usual smile. Maybe it's the aura he has or a certain vibe he has, I just automatically feel happy around him.

After our so-called 'sugar' incident, we unexpectedly became good friends even though I can never forget that episode because he still teases me for it.

"Oye sugar!" He said in his usual cheerful voice.

"Morning." I said with a little smile as he started walking with me.

"You're going to make coffee?" He asked, looking at the mug in my hand.

"Yes. What about you? What are you up to?" I asked.

"Nothing much, the department manager had to leave for some work and now we all are just chilling." He said pointing towards the cafeteria where many people were sitting.

"Ahh, I see. This is why it's crowded." I said, raising my eyebrows while Austin kept the mug on the ledge putting coffee powder in it.

"Hmm. Well, how much of you should I add?" He asked with a mischievous smile.

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion wondering what he was trying to convey. "Huh? What?" I asked, tilting my head a little.

"I mean sugar. How much sugar?" He said, chuckling.

"That was so cringe." I said, giving an unimpressed look, shaking my head.

"I know, I'm so sorry." He said with a defeated look on his face, making me laugh.

"And you still did it." I said as I laughed leaning backwards holding my mouth.

"Yes, I tried playing my card, okay?" He said, defending himself as he smiled too.

"It didn't work." I said, as I moved my fingers towards the mug but Austin held my wrist in between looking into my eyes. It was only then, when I realized that our faces weren't too far from each other's.

A sudden rush in my stomach and a weird feeling of goosebumps rising all over my skin, weren't helping me cope up with this close proximity from this handsome young man. His lips curved up in a smile as if he knew the effect of his sudden activity on me. I gulped, moving my hand away from the mug. Clearing my throat, I looked around trying to hide my heated ears and tomato cheeks.

Ugh! I hate how quickly I blush and get nervous when something like this happens.

"Will you umm, give me a chance to play my cards right?" He asked with utmost genuineness.

"I- we just met Aus-" I tried coming up with something to say in a situation like that whilst playing with my fingers. I was very nervous for some reason. But he stopped me in between.

"I'm not asking you out, sugar. I'm just asking you to join me for lunch. Though I don't mind asking you out, anyways." He said, chuckling.

My mouth was hung open and I smacked his arm. "Ouch, that hurts." He said wincing in pain as he rubbed his arm even though he continued laughing.

"As it should. You are so mean, seriously." I said, shaking my head as I picked up the mug and started walking away. I heard footsteps behind me and I knew it was Austin.

"But okay, jokes apart, would you mind hanging out with me?" He asked, giving me his sweet smile as if he knew he would successfully convince me. Though I was almost ready, I still showed him my anger.

"Treat's on me." He said trying his best. I gave him a blank stare trying hard not to smile at how cute he looked when he tried to convince me.

"And your favourite dessert too!" He said and this time I couldn't stop myself. I chuckled as I nodded and he smiled brightly.

"Okay! So umm, this weekend?" He asked, raising his eyebrows.

"Ahh, okay sure. Text me the location." I said

"Well, I would like to take the initiative of picking you up from your place." He said, scratching the back of his head. 

Please, he is so cute!

"Oh, flattering me?" I said, as I narrowed my eyes.

"I'm trying my best." He whispered, chuckling.

"It's working." I said, laughing.

"Damn, alright!" He said, giving himself a pat on his shoulder.

"I'll see you later Austin." I said, smiling.

"You too, sugar." He said, waving towards my direction as the door of the elevator closed.

Reaching near the office door, I took a deep breath because I don't like facing him. I could stare at him all day but the moment I see his eyes turning towards me, chills run down my spine. His gaze just makes me breathless no matter how far or near he is. If he stares at me for a little longer someday I might as well pass out. I wouldn't even be surprised.

Knocking on the door I entered inside and saw him sitting on his chair, looking all radiant as usual. I carefully walked towards him and said "Sir, here's your coffee."

Though I wasn't expecting him to say anything, a very tiny part of my head felt like receiving a little 'thanks' for doing something he asked me to. Yes, I know it sounds foolish and unasked for but performing a little human delicacy doesn't really affect anyone. But to my surprise the words that left his mouth left me shook like a thunderclap.

"What took you so much time?" He asked as he took a sip from the mug.

"Sorry sir, I was making coffee for you, that might've taken a little longer." I said, putting up a brave front, but I was seconds away from having a mental breakdown. Why the heck is he so scary?

"You're telling me, as if I have no idea how much time we normally take to make coffee." He said, keeping the mug on the table and he looked at me.

His light brown eyes looked so deep while he clenched his jaw staring at me. He stood up slowly, sliding past his desk coming in front of me. He was a few feet apart but I felt the dominant aura. It was so strong and present that it was just impossible to ignore it.

I gulped, biting my lower lip to counter the anxiousness in some way but it felt so useless. His tall figure towered my short existence and to enhance it more I lowered my head. What a beautiful floor. I thought to myself.

Yes, beautiful carpet and my nails painted in red looking sexy as hell. I should paint my nails yellow tomorrow maybe.

"Ms. Cameron."

I remember that night when me and Claire went out to dinner. I still need to ask what that restaurant was. I always forget the name of that place but I still remember the fried chicken. I have tasted so many good chicken wings but that place serves the best. I would order that chicken again tonight after I reach home. I will ask Claire to send me the contact details.

Maybe I can get more food and invite Claire over as well. A girls night is the best idea after a long tiring day at work with this demonic creature who's going to be the reason for my death. Yes, I will die today because I'm sure he will eat me.

"Ms. Chloe Cameron."

Let's sing a song, yes song! That's a good idea. Maybe I'm having a bad dream and this will get over as I get up, in my cozy bed.

Where's my mind?
Where's my mind?
Where's my mind?
Where's my mind?

Maybe it's in the gutter
Where I left my lover
What an expensive fake
My V is for Vendetta
Thought that I'd feel better
But now I got a bellyache

"Chloe." He said in a soft voice.

"Yes sir, that's me." I said, like I was answering my favourite teacher in class. My eyes fixed on his face but my vision was blurred as I didn't want to face his scary expressionless, beautiful face.

Yes, I can blur my vision on purpose and if you can't then it's you who's weird, not me.

I kept staring with a blurred vision, but when I got no response for a few seconds I gathered a little courage to look at him. And something I didn't want to see was very clearly visible on his face.

Irritation.

Yes, he was irritated by me, I could see it crystal clear. His eyebrows were furrowed and he looked at me with a confused look. His pink lips slightly parted and his large curls over his forehead made him look beautiful as ever.

But If I say that I was scared then it would be an understatement because I genuinely was seconds away from passing out. My heart was beating like a hammer in my chest, my body felt hot and my headache was killing me.

"I'm sorry sir, if you excuse me." I said and quickly walked out of the office. I didn't know where to go and my conscience made me go to the bathroom. I entered and luckily no one was there. I looked at myself in the mirror and turned on the tap to splash the cold water on my face but I stopped.

Tell them why you stopped Chloe.

No.

Come on honey, tell them.

It's nothing.

Oh really? Should I tel-

MY FOUNDATION IS $46 I CAN'T JUST WASH IT OFF IN THE MIDDLE OF THE DAY!

But my breath was uneasy and I felt sick. I had no idea what to do so I quickly dialed Claire's phone number. 

"Heya, Chlo-" She said but I stopped her in the middle.

"Claire pick me up, please."

>>

"Bruh, why are you scared of hi-"

"Okay, Claire for the fourth time, I DON'T FUCKING KNOW!" I almost shouted and she just leaned back on the couch eating ice cream.

"Yeah, I'm sorry I'm sorry." She said, shaking her head.

"I still can't believe I got a fever." I said as I held my head because it pained so much everywhere.

"Don't worry, sometimes too much anxiety can give fever. You remember how I got a fever at our new marine project last year in Hong Kong." She said, softly patting my head.

"But you getting a fever in that situation is still understandable. What about me?! I just looked at that stone face, getting angry and BOOM FEVER." I cried, closing my eyes in frustration.

"Was he even angry at you? Like did he shout at you?" She asked.

"No! In fact he was too calm. He was just looking at me with a confused look." I said recalling the incident.

"Ahh then it's alright. He was just trying to figure out how stupid you can get." She said pointing the spoon at me.

"Claire, I will throw you off a cliff, I'm not even exaggerating." I said, giving her a death glare while she laughed making me angrier.

"Okay, jokes apart. What are you going to do now?" She asked, raising her eyebrows.

"I don't know. Even a single thought of facing him again makes my heart race. How am I going to work like this?" I said, hitting my head lightly.

"I mean you are always welcomed in my compan-" she said but I stared at her and she gulped. "Yeah, okay I'm sorry I won't say that again." She said putting her hands up in defence.

"Good." I said, shaking my head. Me and Claire have had this conversation a lot of times before and I've already told her that I would never work in her firm. I just don't want to be dependent on her for everything. Even though she says I'm not a burden for her, I don't want to ask for more help from her.

"Have you thought about doing something?" She asked.

"Should I apply to some other company? Tell me, as if you are not the owner of a huge firm but just like a normal friend of mine, giving me suggestions about this." I said sitting up straight, attentively.

"Please, I'm normal, don't make me feel like a seahorse." She said furrowing her eyebrows.

"Claire, please." I cried and she giggled like a little girl.

"Okay! Well, you can't ignore the fact that you're getting a very nice pay, as well as a fantastic staff and not to mention the job availability, you can never be sure of it. Who knows how long it will take you to find a better job than this one. Moreover, what if you don't pass the interview? So, being honest, I don't think you should leave this job." She asked, being serious and obviously all the reasons she stated were totally valid and considerable. 

"Hmm, true. But what about him. He gives me anxiety, Claire." I said getting irritated.

"Well for that, why don't you take a leave? It's almost the weekend as well. Stay home and clear your mind. He's just your boss after all and he's famous enough not to be a cannibal, so, you're not going to die, that's for sure." She said, pinching my nose lightly, making me smile.

"Hmm, okay I will do that. I love you Claire." I said hugging her.

"Aww, I love you too kid." She said as she hugged me back.

That was it for the chapter, hope you enjoyed it!

Have you ever been in a situation where you got a fever because you were too anxious?
I remember getting a fever when I was waiting for my senior year final exam results. LMAO! It was genuinely so damn hard and I got super scared.

Well, I'll see y'all soon.

Vote and comment.

:)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

70.9K 2.4K 36
Hot Boss? ✔ Love-Hate Relationship with Boss? ✔ Weird Best Friends? ✔ Complicated friendship with Best Friend? ✔ History with Best Friend's Ex Boyfri...
70.8K 2.9K 37
Why do you follow me? She asked You amuse me. He said ****************************************** READ TO FIND OUT MORE!! Let the story begin... 🏆||1...
1.6M 50.6K 42
"I'll give you 25 million dollars if you act as my fiancee for six months" "What?!" #1 in wealth 31/08/2023 #9 in love 5/5/2023 #1 in wedding 5/4/20...
2.7M 119K 64
'where do u live?'. I text him and wait for a couple of seconds. Hmm...no reply. Nevermind. I change into my usual uniform and was about to put my dr...