Orange Roses

By WriterActress

SEQUEL to WHITE ROSES. Matty made through her first year of high school and now gets a break back in her home... More

Orange Roses
Chapter One: Scars
Chapter Two: Boys with Scars
Chapter Three: Bodies Hit the Floor
Chapter Four: Questioning Insanity
Chapter Five: Blood Suckers Galore
Chapter Six: Fighter
Chapter Seven: A Million Hearts and a Million Stars
Chapter Eight: Nightmare
Chapter Nine: Werewolf
Chapter Ten: No Faerie Wine
Chapter Eleven: The Cult
Chapter Twelve: Vampire Business
Chapter Thirteen: Pull Back the Curtain
Chapter Fourteen: Hook Me Up on Faerie Dust
Chapter Fifteen: Nurse
Chapter Sixteen: The Awkward, Almost Kiss
Chapter Seventeen: Something Sweeter
Chapter Eighteen: What is a Monster
Chapter Twenty: Jealousy
Chapter Twenty-One: A billion Memories
Chapter Twenty-Two: The Things I See
Twenty-Three: Devouring Me, My Nightmare
Twenty-Four: Happily Never After
Preview: Red Roses

Chapter Nineteen: Prick of a Thorn

671 57 2
By WriterActress

Hey Everyone, hope you enjoy this chapter. 

_______________________________________________________________________________

Chapter Ninteen:

Prick of a Thorn

I looked around me to see a group of werewolves, or at least that's what I suspected because they all were in their humans forms, but a golden hue clung to them, which I figured was a pretty damn good sign that they weren't a hundred percent human. I then noticed Rebecca in the group.

"Rebecca, what are you doing here?" I asked. "You're Abe's child! Why would you want to hurt him like this-"

I got my answer pretty quickly when the leader, who had called me a chew toy, wrapped his arm around her and kissed her right on the lips with tongue and everything. I made a gagging noise.

Okay, clearly this was reason enough for them to want to do this. Abe hated a lot of things and werewolves were on that list. "Okay, so why fuck me over?" I asked even though I had a feeling it had nothing to do with working for Abe and all for me nearly revealing their secret relationship.

"You have a big mouth, I didn't want any accidents," Rebecca told me as two goons grabbed my by the shoulders. She kissed m on the cheek before her fangs popped out. She looked at her boyfriend before she slipped her hand on his...crotch. Okay, give me a break, I'm a sixteen year old girl with little to no experience with men, so this is a bit...awkward to me. "I'm hungry, honey."

Some of the other werewolves twisted their faces in disgust. I wonder if it's the fact that she wanted to suck my blood because I knew it didn't bother them if she killed me. I stood stone still as she walked over to me.

"I don't see why not," he said as she grabbed my chin. One...two...three... I dare you to freaking touch me. She leaned down and angled her head.

I kicked her in the chest and used the two guys holding me to hold my weight so I could kick her with both feet. The wolves dropped me as she stumbled back and I crawled between there legs to get out of the circle and crawled through the fence between the beach and board walk and dropped before they could grab me and hid under the boardwalk with my pocket knife out. Damn it, I should've brought my dagger out tonight!

Rebecca stood in front of me and grabbed me by my leg and pulled me out before I tried to jab my pocket knife at her heart, but she moved her shoulder slightly so I'd only got at her shoulder. "Bitch," she whispered before I kicked her the face. She let me go and stabbed her in the stomach. She let out a scream as I started running.

What am I supposed to do now?

Mermaids....faeries, they hate vampires and werewolves. I ran toward the ocean as I heard a howl before I fell into the ocean and I felt webbed hands grabbing onto me, but they didn't pull me into the deep. I looked up to see a mermaid grabbing a hold of me by the shoulders.

"Don't worry, my prince. Nothing will happen here in my ocean," the mermaid whispered in my ear.

The werewolves, who had jumped from the boardwalk, were now halfway transformed with fur on their face and claws sprouting from their hands, but they stopped when they saw the mermaid.

"Get out of the way, fishy," the leader told her as she tightened her grip on mer.

"The human prince shall not be harmed in my domain," she hissed as her grip tightened, "but I am hungry, you stupid wolf, how about you offer me your heart? And then I can weave your pretty eyes into my hair!"

I smirked as I watched some of the wolves step back and slowly returned back to their humans. Yeah, bitchy, but they're trying to kill me, so I'm not going to feel bad about it.

The mermaid's hand twitched and a crest of a wave stopped moving before twisting in the air to form a thin rope. She snapped her fingers and the rope lashed out and twisted itself around a werewolf's foot before dragging it into the ocean where the waves sucked him in as he screamed, his hands digging into the sand, but he found nothing to cling to while he kicked.

"Help me, master! Help ME!" He screamed as the mermaid chuckled. "I don't want to die! I don't want to-" the waves devoured him as a blood bloomed in the water like a pretty red water lily.

I let out a chuckle as I saw the blood stain the water and the stain crept up my leg. "Rebecca, you better call them off," I warned her as I smiled when she turned around to snarl out me, holding her stomach where black blood leaked through her fingers. Vampires bleed? I'm not sure why I thought otherwise, but I always thought that they didn't; that they were somehow dry.

"Stop hiding you bitch and face me!"

I tilted my head. "Like you did? Sending your henchmen after me? You're the one who is a coward and can't face me on your own."

She snarled, but her lover grabbed her by the arm. She looked at him before looking at me again and narrowing her eyes at me. She left with the others and I waited for a few good minutes until the mermaid said, "Don't worry about payment. That werewolf was enough."

I blinked before nodding. "Thanks, do you think they'll come back?" Because you know, I don't want to be drained.

"I'll watch you as long as you walk near the beach. Where are you going?"

"Find Drake," I said as she nodded. I wondered if she knew him, but I didn't ask as I walked out of the water, but not so far that I couldn't run back to it. So....what makes a monster?

______

I laughed... I cackled... even when he screamed, begging for his life.... ...I wanted every single one of them was dead. God, how am I not a monster? How have I not lost my mind, like my mother? The sight of a dead body used to make me sick, used to make my blood curl, but now...but now, it does nothing. I don't even blink. I wanted to kill.

God, help me. Is there any redemption? Or...have I been damned and these scars are my marks? What kind of prince wants to kill? Aren't I supposed to want to keep things in order? To make sure that all three worlds are balanced? Then why do I keep tip toeing that line between the insane and the sane? I felt the darkness creep into my mind and devour me tonight. If I would have had a chance, I would've kept stabbing Rebbecca until...

.... until she was just a corpse. I am...losing it. The line that I've been balancing on, I'm tipping, I'm falling... ...falling....

....falling into a cold, sweet darkness.... What have I done?

___

It felt weird getting home so late without Drake, or any other sort of faerie waiting and/ or with me, but I forced my body to relax as I went up the stairs and found that I left my cell phone on my bed with the screen saying I had ten messages. I called Ari and Ruth, told them that I was fine and that I found something interesting after they both screamed at how much of an idiot that I am.

My mother had put a vase of orange roses with the fresh dew still on the petals.

I reached out to touch them, but stopped as I remembered the thorns. My mother always forgot about thorns and cut her fingers on the roses all the time, but she never ever noticed.

The room remained empty as I tried to wonder if Drake worried and if Daisy was enjoying the outside world of humans while Unicorn boy probably got annoyed with all the noise, but I couldn't care at the moment.

"Matty, where were you?" I turned to look at Drake and smiled slightly.

"Werewolves." Drake's body tensed as I felt the urge to fall into his arms. "I just wanted to go home. I have to call Abe to tell him that Rebecca is the traitor in his group, but I'm pretty sure she left the state already with her werewolf lover." I crawled into bed. "Drake, I also am going to look at the new crime scene. Are Daisy and Unicorn boy done?"

"Yes, they wanted to go out though and explore," Drake told me as he sat on the bed and watched me. "Forgive me for not being there for you."

"It's alright." I said before pulling out the locket. "But I found something."

"A locket?"

I nodded. "It was at John and Dexter's house. John's girlfriend doesn't live with him and I'm pretty sure that Dexter doesn't have one, so what's wit the locket?"

Drake smirked. "Oh, I do wonder myself."

I smiled and closed my eyes before floating off into a warm sleep where my whole body felt like concrete, so I didn't move an inch, but... I did dream.

I kept thinking that my skin was being ripped apart to reveal that I was actually a monster with green scaly skin and red eyes with long claws that wanted to tear skin and see blood slip down a body into the ground and long, sharp teeth that wanted to devour something.

Give me anything....An Adult, a child...it doesn't matter as long as I get to devour it all in one bite.

So is this prince actually a monster?

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!"

I shot up in bed to see the sunlight streaming in my room with Daisy on my bed with Drake sitting next to me and Unicorn boy standing at the end of my bed. Daisy had been the one screaming which amazed me since she was so small, but by the way her tiny body hopped and bounced, she was excited about this small human tradition.

Unicorn boy placed a package on my lap. He smiled as I unwrapped and Daisy said, "Well, someone wouldn't tell us it was her birthday yesterday, so we thought we'd do it today and have some fun since all the murders and werewolves have really been taking their toll on you and we think you deserve better-"

"Daisy!" Drake and Unicorn boy said in unison.

"Rude," she muttered before folding her arms over her chest.

I smiled at her before I unwrapped it to find...

"Daisy, what made you think of this as a good birthday gift?" I asked as my face flushed a bright red.

"Because, sex is a good thing and being sexy helps the getting sex part." Daisy said, "I don't understand why you humans are so afraid of sex."

"How were you even able to afford this?" I asked her.

Daisy gave me a nervous smile. "Ah well, that's an interesting story. It involves a perverted man and Unicorn boy..."

"Shut up, Daisy," Unicorn boy muttered as I saw a hue of red touch his cheeks. I held up my hand.

"Never mind I don't want to know."

"What is it?" Drake asked as I tried to hide the box, but he grabbed both my wrists in one hand before yanking the box off my lap and he found the steel blue bra and thong. I thought Drake might fall over with embarrassment when I saw his face turning red and then a weird purple color. He put the said items in the box and then pulled out a book that read: How to enjoy your Sex life and how to Pleasure Oneself.

Of course, she'd get me something like this.

I looked at Drake to see his face looking like he might tip over before he placed the book back in his box.

"You okay, Drake?" I asked as he nodded, but still refused to look at me. "Uhm, what are you holding onto?" I pointed to the small box in his hands before he shook his head and finally looked at me. He dropped it into my hand and I unwrapped it to find a tiny star charm.

"It's for your choker." He told me. "Here, let me help you get it on." Drake helped me as I held up my hair and he got off the choker and slipped on the charm the clanked again the crescent moon charm.

"I love it," I said as I put my hand on the choker. "It's so pretty. Did you get this from the human world or yours?"

He shook his head. "Mine."

I sighed. "Please tell me this isn't another charm."

"No," he said, "I thought it looked nice."

I blinked. "Thanks Drake." I put my hand on the necklace and felt the icy metal. "It's beautiful," I told him as I began playing with it. Drake smiled. "But why a star?"

"You always seem to be reaching out for them," Drake told me as I smiled, remembering the night that he flew me up into the sky. I got out of bed and got dressed before brushing my teeth and went down the stairs to find neatly wrapped packages on the breakfast table.

Dad looked up from his paper. "Sorry honey, but mom is having one of her days and Hanuel wanted to go on a date. How am I supposed to teach that boy that sex isn't the best thing in the world?"

I suddenly remember Daisy's book.

"I guess it's a big deal." I said as I sat down and unwrapped one present to find a book about photography from dad and mom, but we both knew it was from dad. A letter from the sperm donor came with a check for a hundred dollars. Hanuel got me special cleaner for my camera and dad got me something else too. "Dad, you didn't have to."

He smiled as Drake and Daisy along with Unicorn boy came down the stairs, looking lazy and tired. I unwrapped the small package to find a charm of...a rose.

"I noticed the choker on your neck and thought you would like...oh you got another charm already. Who gave it to you?"

"Drake," I answered as my dad's eyes lit up. "Dad, he's a pain in the butt. There's nothing going on between the two of us." I told him as I stole a piece of toast. I yanked on the choker to find that it wouldn't budge without Drake. I glared at him as he helped me unclasp it to make it look like I did before I slipped on the other tiny charm on it. The three charms dangled together as I smiled at Dad. I finished breakfast and found that dad was staring at me intently as I was leaving. "Dad what's wrong?"

"Another murder," he said stiffly as I nodded and sighed. "We need to go and see if we can find something," Drake told me as I nodded. "Love you dad, I promise to be safe!"

Liar, liar, my mind sung to me as I got out of the house and walked toward the boardwalk. The ocean seemed to glitter today and I didn't like it because everything looked almost too beautiful. If there's anything I've learned with this stupid sight it was the fact that anything that looks beautiful is dangerous. I saw the bright yellow DO NOT CROSS tape instantly. The guy wasn't only killing more often, but getting pretty cocky to kill someone at the entrance of the boardwalk. The sand felt warm today which was odd because usually it was too hot to step in without shoes.

"Drake can you do me a favor?" I asked as he nodded.

"What is it?" he asked as he matched my strides and made his shorter.

"I need you to glamour me for a few hours so no one except faeries can see me, got it?"

I asked him as I saw Drake hesitate, but then nod. I felt his glamour slip over me. I walked into the warm sand as I heard children giggling and squall with delight. Moms and dads looked on with minor fear of the waves engulfing their kids and the college plus the teenagers stuffed their faces with food before running out into the waves on their bogie board. The seagulls circled them, waiting for them to drop something.

Drake stopped walking. "I better transform into a smaller form. It'll be easier on you" He said.

I watched for a moment. I had never actually seen Drake transform before. His body began to glow like the green lantern, but it was more white then, well, say green. For a moment, I felt the need to cover my eyes because he seemed to be naked and I so do not want to see all of Drake. He slowly became small though so I didn't feel too weird about the whole thing. After a moment, he shook off the light like it was rain and he was back to his not all glowie self.

"Ready?" I asked as Daisy sat on my free shoulder and Drake nodded.

Drake flew onto my shoulder as he asked, "Do you believe this wise?"

"Yeah, I'm sure I'll find something that maybe the detectives couldn't see." I went under the yellow tape.

Daisy glared at a green pixie, who grinned at her, as she said, "I don't know. It's probably not such a good idea with all these...mobs here." Mobs? I think she was over exaggerating, but that was Daisy for you.

"I'll be fine, Daisy. I have you, Drake, and Unicorn boy here to protect me."

They didn't look convinced. The crime scene had been cleaned, but I could still sense something. Not that faeries cared. The creepy, little dark faeries weren't dancing on the blood anymore because the pool had sunk into the sand and been taken as evidence, I'm guessing. A few of the larger faeries looked at it before walking to get a closer look at the children. Two little faeries sat where the blood was as the weight of Drake's glamour fell over me.

A faerie, who was no bigger than Drake, looked like a blue cat, but walked on its hind legs and sang softly while orange roses grew where the blood was. The cat faerie had pretty silver wings. Of course, these weren't normal roses. The stems didn't have thorns and looked more like vines were growing out of them. The leaves were about the size of my hand the the petals were thicker and stronger just like the heavy aroma they gave out.

I crouched on the ground and looked at the cute little blue cat faeries as I asked, "Hey little guy, what are you doing here?" I pulled out my sweet voice. I'm not very good at this sort of thing though.

"Oy! Me lady, aren't ye the human guru everyone' been talkin' 'bout?" He asked in a thick Scottish accent.

"What do you know about her?" Drake asked as he straightened up and flew down to the cat Faerie. His eyes narrowed on him as I rolled mine.

The cat faerie must be stupid or something because it grinned and with its paws grabbed Drake's hand and started to shake his hand. "Ye must be Ser Drake! It's a big, big, honor to be meeting' ye, it is!"

Drake looked at him as if he had lost his mind with his eyes widening and darting around, unsure what to do.

"Yer a great, great warrior for we solitary fae! I don't know if ye remember, but ye saved me once from them Nightmare court's guards a few hundred years ago!" He kept shaking Drake's hand and you could just see that Drake had really meant a great deal by how he smiled and his eyes getting classes.

Drake, on the other hand, looked absolutely dumbfounded. He kept looking at me and then at the faerie. His mouth slightly opened, but no words escaped him until the other faerie stopped talking. "Uh...sorry, I don't remember."

"Aw Drake," Daisy grinned as she flew down next to him and threw her arms around his neck and started snuggling against his face. "Who knew you could be such a goody, good super hero?"

I couldn't help, but giggle as Drake blushed.

"Argh, Daisy let go!" He cried out as he tried to get out of her chokehold. He got his hand away from the other faerie and tried to untangle Daisy's arms.

"No way, you sweetie!" She laughed as she hugged him tighter. "With being Matty's protector, a royal ass kisser for the queen, where do you find the time to be a super hero?"

"Daisy, where have you been learning these terms?" I asked as Unicorn boy smiled slightly at the scene.

"Glamour and Vogue magazines," Unicorn boy replied.

"Huh, that's one way to learn about the human world, I guess." I said as I folded my arms over my chest.

Drake finally threw Daisy off of him by grabbing her arms and throwing her into the air. Daisy laughed though so it didn't have much affect on her.

"Awww, did I make Super Man Drake angry?" She asked him as she flew graceful onto the sand and poked his shoulder. He slapped her hand away from him. I laughed a little, seeing a strange image of Drake in a Superman costume.

"Stop Laughing!" He yelled, his cheeks getting even redder. He turned away from us and looked at the Cat who looked a little confused at the strange scene. I guess seeing your hero blushing madly and acting a bit like a child can be confusing. "How do you know about Matty?" Drake asked.

"Oye, everyone been talkin' and gossiping' about her ever since Erasmus declare'd her his bride-to-be if ye know what I mean." He said as Drake stiffened.

I paled. Crap, I completely forgot to tell Drake about the whole Erasmus thing. It sort of slipped my mind and I already felt guilty about it, but how do you explain to a guardian of the Lunae Lux court, the enemy of the Nightmare court, that the prince sort of thought he was in love with me, but that totally doesn't make sense since the guy hadn't seen me in nearly five years.

"Could you repeat the last part?" Drake asked, but thank god, the faerie ignored him and continued with the latest gossip.

"I heard that she even took down one em' stupid ors, is that true?" He asked me as I nodded. "Did he smell like rotten' meat?"

"Worse," I replied as I looked at Drake. He put on his icy mask up and wouldn't look at me. I felt that tug in the middle of my gut as I heard that voice in my head scream, look at me! Look at me! Look at me and only me!

"Wow, that's impressive, ma'am!"

I shrugged my shoulders. "Not really, I can't make flowers grow out of the ground. Speak of, what are-"

"Repeat the last part about Prince Erasmus wanting Matty as his bride," Drake ordered in his I-am-God voice as Daisy took a few steps back and looked at me. His voice got deeply cold and kind of scary as I felt the sudden need to run.

"Ye really haven't heard? Prince Erasmus's been watching' her since she was a wee babe." 

"What?" Drake asked as I heard his voice drop a little.

"Oh yeah, he's been keeping close eye on her since she's so strong. Ye know how that family is. Thinks that if they keep mixing fae blood with other things then they'll get stronger. Ye know that he's part blood sucking immortal, right? Pretty damn strong though," he added as an after thought as Drake's shoulders got even more tense. "Iron don't bother him one bit nor does the son like blood suckers and us fae." He then looked at Drake. "Prince Erasmus wants to mix his blood with hers."

That was an odd and nicer way to put it, I guess. The memory of him kissing me resurfaced and made my whole body feel warm and fuzzy, which was a pleasant feeling, but the look on Drake's face made me twitch and flinch.

_______________________________________________________________________________

Hehe, so Drake finally finds out about Erasmus. 

So, I'm going to advertising another story. Vampire's Assistant. It's a little like this without the faeries and I make fun of the vampire genre. 

So go check it out if you have the time. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.9K 634 31
Rose is plagued by a nightmare. A nightmare foretelling of her death, a death delivered by a strange boy with talons and bright yellow eyes. She soon...
314K 14.9K 58
All Emelie has ever been told is never to cross the border that separates the Fae and human lands, especially after her mother was murdered during a...
92 12 5
〝Ever since I've been getting these dreams of these mysterious people, my attraction for you has grown like I never expected it to. 〞 -🌸 Beck a...
507 0 52
Megan White has graduated high school. She has survived the perils she's faced in the past two years, and even escaped the clutches of her psychotic...