TMNT 2003 FanFiction: Sister'...

By GamingKCW99

(Okay, so I saw plenty of these on Quotev and FanFiction, then I decided to jump on the bandwagon. ) You know... More

Prologue: Little Bell
Chapter 1: Things Change
Chapter 2: A Better Mousetrap
Chapter 3: Attack of the Mousers
Chapter 4: Meet Casey Jones
Chapter 5: Mindless Pain
Chapter 6: Nano
Chapter 7: Darkness on the Edge of Town
Chapter 8: The Way of Invisibility
Chapter 9: Guilty Strikes
Chapter 10: Fallen Angel
Chapter 12: The Shredder Strikes Part 1
Chapter 13: The Shredder Strikes Part 2
Epilogue: Smoke and Visions

Chapter 11: Garbageman

660 15 2
By GamingKCW99

'Well, it's good to know that they all still care about me, really. It makes me feel a little better. Mikey's been making me laugh a little more, Leo's helping me with meditation, Donnie is kinda in his own world of machines but I do try to help as much as I can, Raph is just a big teddy bear who thinks is all tough and hard, but he's secretly soft, and I've kinda been having tea time with Splinter more often. He may say that he's just a boring, old rat but really he seems to appreciate the company very much. At least I think so... Now the only problems I have are the visions of the lab and that red clawed symbol. I can tell that Splinter is troubled by it too, but he won't tell us why. Maybe one day he'll tell us soon and maybe one day I'll put the pieces of my visions together.'

I just finished writing down the words into my journal and I set the pen down. I need to get a new pen soon. I'm slowly running out of ink. "Yo Bella!" I hear Mikey yell. 'Oh boy. Here he is.' I thought, smiling to myself and going out of my room to look down at them. "Yeah?" I yell back. "The bros and I are going to the dump to see the guys and grab a few things. Wanna come?" He grinned at me, looking excited about the idea. If I turned him down, they would insist on me coming along and I would end up leaving with them anyway. Besides, Splinter still thinks I need the fresh air, so- "I kinda have no choice, Mikey. You guys would drag me out of here." I reply, finally climbing down to them.

Mikey just shrugged. "Hey. It's still nice to ask." He smiled, "Saves time to ask than to force you out of here too." I nodded at that. "Good point." The others were already at the elevator and Mikey and I were quick to enter with them. "Take us up, Don!" He yelled, pointing up. Donnie kinda smiled and the doors shut before the mystical elevator went up to the surface into the warehouse where the Battle Shell was waiting. "Come on! Let's go! Let's go!" Mikey jumped into the Battle Shell. "He seems awfully excited." I said. "That's because he gets to shred some surface terrain." Leo replied. 'Ah now that makes sense.' "Yeah. And I can't wait to show you my moves, Bell." Mike chuckled.

Donnie went to the driver seat and I called shotgun, jumping into the front seat before Leo could claim it. "Well, hang on, Mikey. Let us at least get to our destination first." Don pointed out, starting the vehicle. "Oh fine~" Mikey groaned and so Donnie drove us out of the warehouse and down the streets, heading to our destination.

-

"Alright! Green mean and totally extreme!" Mikey screamed, skating through us. "Booyah!" He grinned as we watched him skate away from us. "Ugh," Raph stuck his tongue out in disgust, pulling his hand up with red slime dripping from it. "Hey Don, you don't want something that's so gross you don't want to touch it, right?" He shook his hand, getting the slime off him. Don looked up to him. "If it's gonna improve the lair, we can use it." Yeah. My brothers and I were looking for supplies for our home. And then there's Mikey. "Wa-hoo!" He cheered in the background, skating behind us over another pile.

"Why isn't Mikey helpin'? It's not fair." Raph pouted, crossing his arms. "Big bro, would you rather have Mikey happy or Mikey bored?" I pointed out while Mikey just rode by with a big grin. Raph sighed in defeat. "Right." We finished off our scavenger hunt while Mike skidded to a stop before he could collide into the group of people. Now I know what you're thinking? How are we interacting with these humans without any disguises? Well these people were homeless and it looked like we mutants were the only ones who cared about them. It's only been a few days since we met them, they were the few people who didn't care about what we were and they were just so nice to us.

"Hey. Thanks for the shopping cart, guys." Donnie smiles to them. "Hope you found some useful items amid the refuse, my green amphibious friends and my young reptilian lady." An African-American elderly man stood up. Donnie nodded, "Sure did, Professor." That was the name he told us. It seemed odd but he actually fit it well. "Them people in the big turtle and lizard suits are back." "Yep." "Ever wonder why they dress up like that?" "Nope." Two people behind the Professor spoke to each other while one of them poked at the fire. They think were in costume but I think the Professor knows better.

"Here are some things we picked up for you." The Professor came to us with a bag. "An undamaged circuit board for you, sir." He handed it to Don. "A near mint condition comic book for you, my green lad." Mikey took it from him and he smiled, looking down at the comic book. "Last time you said you were collecting them."

"Thanks professor." Mikey politely thanked him while Donnie left the scene for a moment. And for you, my little lady, I heard from you that you began writing." He handed me a set of pens that were in a small wooden suitcase. "There may not be many left but I know there is still some ink in them." I smiled at him and gently took the small suitcase. "Thank you." Donnie walked back with a pile of folded up blankets and clothes. "Here. We brought some blankets and warm clothes. They're a little worn, but they should help at night."

The professor took the pile out of Donnie's hands. "One man's refuse is another man's treasure. You know, there is a theory that we are all recycled." He stated. A guy by the fire commented, "Another theory. That's the fifth one today." Another agreed, "yep." The Professor paid no mind to him and began, "The Big Bang says that all matter has been exploding, then imploding, then exploding again since the beginning of time. How our very molecules are being recycled." To be honest, I think Donnie understood this kind of stuff more than I did. He kinda has the brainpower to store all that info.

Raph looked at Mikey who only shrugged. "Did you get any of that?" The same man said. The other responded with a simple "Nope." Still no one paid any mind to them. Donnie smiles to the Professor. "You know, I just finished a book on the Big Bang. I'll bring it by later." They both shook hands in agreement. "Much obliged, Donatello. Much obliged."

"Hey, are there fewer of you here than usual?" Raphael looked around. The blond man spoke up. "A lot of guys gone missing lately. Plus it's weird. They don't take their stuff." The other in the red hat gave his simple "yep" after he blew on a stick he set in the fire, making it light up a little. The Professor looked up in thought. "I have a theory about that." The same blond man sighed, "Another one?" I rolled my eyes at him, looking back to the Professor.

"There has been talk of a terrifying figure who takes us away in the dead of night. His name is whispered in fear." He lowered his voice. Making room for dramatics, I guess. "They call him, the Garbageman." He looked so serious, but the guys laughed at that. Even Donnie. Granted it was a silly name but that's how they get you. "You almost had me going there. The Garbageman. Geez." Raph chuckled and turned around with Leo and Mikey. "Gotta roll, guys."

I watched as Donnie places a hand on the man's shoulder. "Be sure to let me know if your friends show up or if anyone else disappears." The Professor nodded and shook his hand. With that we left to the BattleShell and began driving back to the lair.

Mikey decided to strike up a conversation. "That was majorly creepy." He said, looking up from his comic, "You think any of it's true?" Donnie replied, "Hey. Whatever it is, if the Professor is worried, we should take it seriously." I nodded at that, "Definitely." Raph looked over at Don with a smirk, "Seriously, huh? Guess that leaves Mikey out." Mikey looked at him from the comic with a slight glare, "What?" I shook my head at them.

-

"Thanks for coming with me, Bella." Donnie spoke in a loud voice so he can be heard over the Shell-Cycle's engine. "It's no problem, Don." I replied back, enjoying the breeze. "To be honest, the Big Bang theory is kinda interesting but you seem to understand it more than I do." Donnie chuckled. "Hehe, Yes I do." He said in a cheeky voice which made me chuckle.

As we start to get closer to the place though, there wasn't any commotion... No talking, no fires, not even a person in sight. Something was wrong. "What the Shell?" Donnie said after taking off his helmet, looking around with the motorcycle light. "Professor? Are you okay? Professor!" He called out, hopping off the motorcycle and pulling out a flashlight. Does he put everything in this bag of his? I thought. "Come on, sis." He whispered to me. I nodded and followed behind him. "Professor?" He still called out while we walked around. Boy, the place was trashed. The shelters that stood up were crushed. Looks like they were destroyed by something bigger than them. Smoke rose up from debris, presumably snuffing out the flames they used to sit by to keep warm. The blankets and clothes we gave them were abandoned and left within the rubble.

"What could've happened here?" I asked out loud. "Hey Bella! Come look at this!" I hear Donnie call to me and I followed him, seeing his flashlight point at a puddle of this substance I couldn't recognize. "What is it?" He took a closer step, quickly dipping his finger into the puddle and sniffing it. "High grade hydraulic fluid." He stood back up, point his flashlight further up the path of tire tracks and we followed them to a fence which looked like it was pushed inward and busted through. So this giant thing entered through here. "That's one big tire." He commented. "Yeah. Too big to be a normal vehicle." I added in. Donnie nodded. "We've got to get the guys."

I nodded and pulled out the shell-cell. One of them better answer.

-

"All I know is something attacked them. It was really big and really dangerous." Donnie reported to them while Leo inspected the tracks. "Hope they're okay." Mikey said, looking worried. I don't blame him. We met other humans and you can see that most of them don't like us very much. These people didn't take us at face value and chased us away. For once, we were welcomed by someone other than Casey or April and those two kinda had their own lives. "Don, could you run an internet search for police reports?" Leo asked.

"Already checked. Nothing on missing homeless. Nobody's noticed or cares." Don answered back, faltering in the end. "Meanwhile, somebody's snatching our buds." Raph clenched his fists while Mikey was messing with something in the back. "We need to hit the streets." Leo said. "It's trench coat wearing time!" My brothers just looked at Mikey and I sighed. He chuckled nervously. I hope those people were alright.

The guys went topside to investigate the other homeless people in the streets, ask if they knew anything about the disappearances of others and what not. They were honestly still better than me at talking to people so, I was back in the lair, putting pins on the map every time they called back from their detective work. At first it was all over, then most of the red pins went into one major location. "Guys I may have got something!" I called through the shell cell.

They all finally returned later on. Mikey collapsed on the couch, not even in a dramatic fashion like usual. He was just exhausted. Raph day on the other end, haunched over with an elbow on his knee for supporting his head up with his hand. Leo was up and about, twirling his katanas while Don was on the computer. The turtle in blue set his swords away, heading to me. "You said you got something, Bella?" I nodded a little eagerly, "Yeah. Based on everything you described to me through the shell cell, everyone you talked to knew someone who disappeared, so I marked the place for each one."

I pulled up my map, showing where the red pins had been placed. "Whoa-ho-ho. Looks like all the action's down by the docks." Mikey approached the map, pointing to the pins. "Then that's our next stop," Leo stated to us. I nodded in agreement.

-
"Can somebody explain why it's always me who's the bait especially when we're hunting shark?" Mikey, who was disguised and standing next to a fire, asked through the intercom while we were parked in the alleyway not too far from him. 'Sorry, Mike. You just pull it off better than I can.' I thought. "Geez What a whiner." Raph shook his head, "Almost wished he would get grabbed." He turned to his terrapin brother's while I crossed my arms at him. "Yeah and you wouldn't be saying that if I were out there instead."

"Well yeah but-." I glared at him and he just shook his head. Raph looked like he wanted to continue but Leo stopped him while the turtle in red crossed his arms. The leader sighed, "Nothing's happening. Let's call it a night." Donnie nodded and called out to their youngest brother. "Come back Mikey. We're outta here." Mike called back. "Sure.. thing." I see him turn around, red lights landing on him. "Uh guys... The shark is here and he's humming the theme from Jaws."

Leo got up from his spot, looking through the windshield and seeing the monstrosity of a Garbage truck approach Mikey. "Hit it!" Raph quickly stepped the pedal to the metal and the Battle shell charged forward just in time to let the turtle in orange jump in. I got out of my seat and helped pull him in, using my feet to plant myself the best I can. The dark green turtle in red growled as we kept getting hit. "It's a garbage truck. A stinkin' garbage truck!"

"Garbage man drives a garbage truck. What's the problem, Raph?" Mikey was trying to take off his trench coat but ended up falling over and landing on the floor. Meanwhile I managed to grab onto my seat and try to hold on because of this bumpy ride. Raph didn't say anything. Instead he made a sharp turn and pulled us over, the garbage truck passed by no longer interested in us. Rude. "He's making a run for it."

"Hit it, Raph!" Leo spoke over the commotion. This time we were the ones chasing the garbage truck. Something on the backside of the truck lifted up and pushed out a nozzle. I only had a few seconds to be confused before flames shot out of it. Mikey began screaming like a girl but I froze, panting heavily in panic. All I could think about was the fire in the laboratory. That was until Mikey grabbed onto me, fearing that we'd get burned. I don't blame him, but we made it out alright.

"Ha. Sorry about the girly scream." Mikey apologized. Raph just shook his head while we all were chasing after the monstrous vehicle and Mikey was still holding on for dear life. "Mikey, bro, you can let go." I said. He just smiled at me and replied, snuggling closer to me. "Aww but you're actually so much more comfy than Raph is." I sighed and just pushed him off, making him pout.

Raph finally came on the side of it, only to receive a spinning blade cutting through the metal and circuitry that we'd spent so hard working on. Donnie jumped away before he got caught on the blade, looking up at us in the front seats. Raph pulled back from the garbage truck and Mikey fell down onto the floor as well. "I don't know about you guys but I've had enough of this!" He slammed his fist down on a button, making the Battle Shell speed up and slam into the back of the truck.

It swerved back and forth, struggling to keep itself straight. "Yeah!" "Woo!" "Alright!" The guys and I cheered. "You like that? You're gonna love this!" Raph went to push a button but Donnie stopped him. "May I?" He asked. "Be my guest," The dark green turtle grinned. Donnie pushes another button. If I remember it, this one fired the missiles... I watched as three projectiles fired and flew towards the back of the garbage truck. Yep. I'm right. "Yeah got him!" Mikey pointed and cheered. We all smiled at our victory.

Turns out it was a little too early for that. I thought. We all gasped when the truck just drove on with no damage to it. Not even a single scratch. "We need bigger missiles." Mikey commented. I nodded in agreement. The truck began to pour out a dark liquid. "Hang on! We got major oil slick-age!" Raph yelled and swerved, stomping down on a pedal. I couldn't tell if he was trying to halt this thing or speed it up. "Ugh... Ugh... if you guys forgot what we had for dinner, I think I'm about to remind you." Mikey warned and covered his mouth while an arm stayed wrapped around his stomach. "Mikey! Don't say that! You know I cannot handle that!" I was feeling queasy myself and I'm not looking forward to any indigestion any time soon. My eyes squeezed shut, trying to keep myself calm in this situation.

"Everybody, hold on!" Donnie yelled and I heard a button being pressed. I was jerked forward into the dashboard and yelped in pain. My eyes shot open and I could see that the Battle Shell just barely dipped into the water with its front end. Raph looked to me. "You alright, Sis?" He asked. I nodded, holding myself around the torso from hitting the dashboard. "Yeah. I'm mostly alright." He sighed and helped me up and out through the back of the Battle Shell. "Come on."

We jumped out after Donnie and right before Mikey. "Look!" Mikey pointed. Apparently, we were out in time to see the monstrous garbage truck keep driving on the dock before it drove off completely. We all ran towards the edge. The guys cheered. "TMNT. What you get is what you see." Mikey rhymed while he danced. Everyone just looked at him, unamused. "You know seriously, you're only embarrassing yourself." Raph groaned. Mikey hung his head slightly in response. I go over to him with a whisper, "If it's any consolation, I thought it was alright." He perked up with a smile.

We watched as the truck sank into the water, further and further. "Now, lets see who crawls out of this thing." Leo stood over the water on the docks with everyone else. Raph pulled out his sai, spinning them around in his hands. "I've got a few things to discuss with him." Surprisingly the headlights to the garbage truck glowed underneath the water and the vehicle just moved forward. "What the shell?" Leo was shocked. "I think your talk is going to have to wait, big bro." I told Raph. The vehicle kept driving forward to an abandoned-looking island not far off the docks.

-
"So, turns out this is the best run landfill operation, not just in the city, but in the entire country." Don stated while he pointed at his computer screen. "Best run doesn't mean best. It just means more profitable." Leo added with his arms crossed across his chest. "Yeah, it's obvious they're already successful so why nab our friends?" I asked, not really expecting an answer. "Come on, Leo. What could they really be up to out there? They're right in the middle of the city harbor." Raph asked. It was surprising that he'd ask that really. "If business is as good as Don says, anything they want to." Leo replied back, "A few payoffs in the right hands can go a long way. We need to check this place out." He ran off, obviously mentioning for us to follow.

"Something stinks on that island and it ain't the garbage." Mikey spoke in a German accent. Sounds like he was referencing something. I figured. "Yeah. Keep trying, Mikey. Some day you'll get a winner." Raph smacked the back of his head. Mikey was left rubbing his head. "Hey come on. That was pretty good."

It took twists and turns down the tunnel before finally there was a strong stench of sea water. I covered my snout, trying to block it out. 'I forgot geckos don't normally swim that often.' Of course the smell doesn't bother my brothers in the slightest. They were made for this kind of thing.

Up ahead, we can see the island that sat far from the shore. "Looks harmless." Donnie commented. 'Yeah, except for the smoke.' I thought. "It's quiet.... Maybe too quiet." Leo spoke in a hushed tone. "Now see, how does Leo make that line work?" Mikey whined in question. "Enough. Let's go." Leo ordered before he and Mikey dived in. Raph and Don were next and I was left. I go to dive but hesitate.

Last time I was in water, it wasn't exactly a good experience. I hadn't really considered swimming at least for a good little while. I see my brothers pop up from the water. "Bella! You alright?" Donnie called up to me. I just stood there. I mean I'm mostly alright, but- "Come on, sis! The water's fine!" Raph yelled next. Leo looked at him for a moment with a glare but swam pass him. "It's okay, Isabella. We've got you." The leader spoke above them. I shakily sigh and back up a few feet.

"Famous last words: I can't believe I'm doing this." I mutter to myself, taking a charging stance before dashing forward. The edge got closer and closer. The seawater smell was still strong. I could hear the waves crash against the shore beneath this tunnel and my footsteps splashing in these small puddles. Finally the edge came and without any thought, I dived. The feeling of the humid air against my body was immediately erased by the icy cold waters I dived into.

My eyes open enough for me to squint. It's so dark.... It's so cold... All I could think about was being dragged underwater all over again. I know that situation with the Mutant is over and done with and that ninja who tackled me into the water is gone... but... that doesn't stop me from thinking about it. I began trying to claw my way up through these thick waters but they won't let me go up. My breathing quickens, the air is leaving me all too fast but I can't get myself to stop. My lungs are burning from little air and water manages to seep into my nose. I choke on the burning saltwater and panic even more.

Suddenly, I feel a few pairs of arms wrap around me. I struggle against them, thinking of the mutant with his tail constructing around me and the ninja who took me underwater. I suddenly feel cold air hit my face and I gasp, coughing up the water. Still it doesn't stop me from struggling in whoever's holding me. I'm just splashing around in panic. "Sis!" "Bella, snap out of it!" "Isabella!"

I'm held close to someone. My eyes finally clear from the saltwater and I looked to see that it's Raph and Leo holding me. "I.... guys I..." I stuttered. I didn't know what to say. Instead tears ran down my face and a choked sob leaves me. "Shhh... It's okay Sis." "Yeah." Mikey and Don joined. All of them are now huddling around me. "I told you. We've got you." Leo whispered. "We've got you.."

I nodded and let myself get comfortable in their huddle. "I'm okay... I'm okay." Mikey gave me a look. He knew when I was lying just as much as the others did, but somehow he always catches on first. I don't know how he does it. "I'm... mostly okay." He nods as if saying "that's better." My breathing finally slows down to its normal pace. Leo and Mikey stay while everyone else pulled away.

"We've still got work to do." Leo stated. "Yeah, but don't worry. We'll help you there. Okay?" Mikey added in with a smile. "On three, we take a gulp of air and keep swimming. Alright?" He asked, still keeping his smile. I nodded and held onto them. "Alright. One... two... three." I did as he instructed, taking in some air again before diving under with them. We began swimming towards the island that was far off the shore. Mikey has decided to let go and swim backwards ahead of us with a big smile and shut eyes.

I shook my head at him and Leo stopped, pointing ahead before swimming again with me beside him. We surfaced, looking around for anything along the shore. Nothing. The guys and I stood and we began running across the beach. There was garbage everywhere we looked. There was a sort of squishy sound. "Ugh... I don't wanna know what 8 just stepped in." Mikey complained lowly, getting his foot out of an orange colored puddle. 'Yeah I don't wanna know what that is either.' I had to agree with Mikey.

"Mikey focus!" Raph spoke lowly. Just as Mikey was coming our way, a spotlight shone over his path and we went into hiding. A vehicle drove by with bright headlights and someone handling the spotlight in the back. I didn't catch anymore details because I had to climb the rocky terrain to follow my brothers. I reached a hand over and pulled myself up just as everyone else did.Donnie gasped at the new sight before us. "Unbelievable." Leo was right. No one would ever believe in what we saw.

It looked like a prison. Chain link fence, multiple spotlights always on the move, homeless people, some of them are our friends, and they were chained and forced to work like slaves. When the work wasn't done right away, the people would get electrocuted. I looked away, trying to block out the screams of pain. I could feel my head hurting with flashes of the laboratory in my mind. 'No! Now isn't the time for that!' I thought to myself. I need to suppress them at least for now.

"Isabella?" I hear Leo inquire. "I'm alright." 'I have to be.' I thought to myself again. 'I need to get over these feelings. I can't rely on my brothers forever.' Raph growls, "This is making me sick." He pulls out his weapon and looks ready to run but Leo stops him thankfully. Believe me I was just as angry as he was but charging in wouldn't help anyone. We watched as the people chained together were forced to keep walking. Anyone stopping would mean they get tased. There was a pool of orange just ahead of them. It rippled and bubbled before something large rose up from beneath. "Ew, gross." Mikey commented. "You could say that again, Mike." I agreed.

It was the garbage truck we had been chasing. It drove up a ramp and around on some sort of catwalk platforms made for this thing. It backed itself up and opened up the back, letting more people slide down another ramp, tumbling into the trash below them. "That's it." Raph growled again, raising his sai. "Hold on, Raph. Look." Leo pointed. We put our focus back on the truck. The sides and top part opened up, letting out some steam until finally a ramp came down, revealing a man of a monstrous size riding a mecha-like wheelchair and laughing maniacally. "That is the most disgusting thing I've ever seen." Mikey pointed out. I nodded. I had to agree. I think I'd rather see some gore-y film than see this... thing. And that's saying something. "Just this once," Raph began, "I totally agree with ya." Wow, even Raph is on Mikey's side.

"Greeting, filth." He's one to talk. "Garbage is power." The large man announced.  "If that's true, then this guy's Superman." Mikey commented. The man moves his hands, making the claws move in time with them. "Before I brought you to this island, you were nothing but human garbage. No home, no purpose, no value." The people were shocked and they were forced to kneel before him. "But now, I have recycled you, given you work shifting through the refuse that the city stupidly squandered." The guys and I stood up finally, pulling out our weapons. I hesitate on my kusarigama, but I take hold anyway. "To build my fortune. Behold the birth of my empire!" He raided his arms, obviously expressing his island. "Invisible to the outside world until it is too late."

From the crowd of people kneeling, the Professor stood up. "I'd rather be a free man living on the streets than a slave in your stinking empire." He proclaimed with a glare up at him and the large man just glared back. Compare the history his people had and one would understand why he'd be saying that. "Guards!" He called. "Silence him! Get these ungrateful beasts back to work now!" The Professor got tased from behind and he fell. "That's going too far!" I cried out.

"That's it! Time to take out the trash!" Raph yelled. The guys and I jumped down. Mikey came down a moment after with a wooden board sliding around a pathway surrounded by piles of garbage. "New concept guys. Garbage boarding. Yahoo!" He cheered and kept sliding around. The guys in yellow suits with matching gas masks charged. Raph, Don, and Leo kicked three of them down. I wrapped my chain around the fourth one's foot and pulled, making him trip and fall face first. "Cowabunga!" I could hear Mikey cheer as he took down another pair of lackeys with his new board.

The guys and I proceed to free the people from their chains by breaking them. They were quick to grab tools, pipes, and more before they charged to their captors like a classic rebellion. "This is just like a big action movie, ain't it?" That one blonde guy we've seen back in the city asked the other. "Yep." I swear those two are never apart. Not even on this island. Donnie was the first to run to the Professor, helping him up. "Professor! Are you alright?" He asked urgently. "Never felt better, Donatello." The Professor answered. "Well, it looks like your buddies have the guards pretty much under control." The olive green turtle pointed to the crowd chasing the guards away.

"And May I take this opportunity to encourage you to kick that so called garbage man's stinking dirty a-?" Something tells me he cut himself off for a good reason. I thought before I jump up into action with the others. "What's this?" The garbage man asks, "They're sending freaks against me? I'll dispose of this genetic refuse." We landed before him in our fighting stances with our weapons ready. "It's garbage day, fat man. Time to take your can out to the curb." Mikey taunted. The man was confused but he looked angry. "What?"

"Uh. How about 'time to dump you in a dumpster, smelly boy!" He taunted again. "You! Shut up!" The garbage man sent a claw down, puncturing the wood where Mikey once stood. Mike thankfully jumped back, but that only allowed the man to roll his trolley closer to us. Leo leaped into the air, deflecting the claws with his katana blades. Metal hit metal and sparks flew from them making hard contact. Leo leaped onto the front of the trolley but the garbage man drove backwards and he had to get off by flipping back and landing.

The big man finally stopped his trolley once he backed up on a ramp. I hear a button being pressed and the next second there were missiles flying towards us. We were quick enough to jump ahead before the missiles landed. There was an explosion and the ramp behind us collapsed but we kept moving towards the garbage man. He laughed and pulled one of his levers, a hose appearing from behind him before it spat out sludge down the ramp.

Leo, Don, Mikey and I were lucky to jump up. Raph on the other hand got smothered in whatever the sludge was. I'd rather not find out. Donnie yelled and threw his staff to the hose, jamming it shut. It writhed around as it expanded. "What?" The garbage man was confused but he gasped, realizing what was about to happen a little too late. He yelled as the hose exploded and the sludge covered him. The bo staff flew out of there and Donnie caught it.

The man definitely looked angry now. "You freaks." He stated, using his levers to raise up two flamethrowers. They shot streams of fire right at us. Mikey was quick to jump and dodge out of the way, not wanting to get burned, although he landed on the sludge and slid down. Leo managed to stop him in time, so no harm done. "Can we finish this?" The slime covered Raph asked. "Hey, dude. You gotta hit the showers." Mikey chuckled.

"I will recycle every one of you into the ground!" We all looked up while the big man yelled. He sounds so much like a video game boss. I noticed. "Hey garbage brain. If you fight as bad as you smell, we are in trouble," Mikey taunted, getting in close. The garbage man only backed up away from him. "I told you to shut up!" He screamed much more like a pouty child. He lunged the claws forward, breaking the broads. Mike, still quick on his feet, jumps over him with the man on the mecha-like wheelchair following him uphill. "Come back here!"

We followed after Mikey, standing with him. We have to keep him distracted from Donnie. "There's no place to run." He growled. Yeah no kidding. There's a cliff just right behind us. I thought sarcastically, glancing back. "Now I've got you." Leo and Raph jumped towards him. The eldest swung his swords down but he was swatted to the side by a claw, knocking into Donnie. Raph went in for a kick but he too got smacked away.

I swung my chain around and wrapped it around one of the claws. He glared with red eyes. Eyes with a shade all too familiar for some reason. I shook my head and tried to pull the claw down but instead it just pulled up at his command and I was launched up with it. His hand smacked down, letting the claw follow and I too was smacked into the ground. I groaned in pain, watching as the claw shook off my chain and grabbing Mikey, making him drop his nunchaku and holding him up in the air. The man drove towards the cliff with the turtle in orange hanging in his claws.

"Prepared to be recycled." He spoke lowly, having Mikey close to him before raising him up high in the air. He screamed out while the others and I got up quickly. "Put him down, garbage freak." Raph yelled at him. Donnie was quick to throw his staff again, towards what looked like the power supply. It sparked and the mecha-wheelchair went haywire. Electricity visibly traveling throughout the machine. The man gasped in surprise and dropped Mikey.

Luckily Mike caught himself on the edge and pulled himself up, flipping over the garbage man. The mech began moving on its own. It turned, following after Mikey for a moment before rolling backwards off the cliff. The man screamed and flailed his hands, falling down into the waters and making it splash as he sunk deeper into the river. "For sure he can't swim." Donnie commented. 'Yeah. Nice to drown a disabled person. A bad guy but still a disabled one.' I thought sarcastically. Leo sighed "We gotta do something." Raph replied. "I knew you were gonna say that."

'Huh.. What do you know.. Guess they kinda understand the issue I have with people undeservingly getting hurt.' I figured, diving in with my brothers. The warm air once again hit me but it disappeared as soon as I hit cold waters. The constricting feeling came back but I ignored it as much as I could. We all swam in different directions, looking for the man in the wheelchair. We all gathered at one point. We found the wheelchair, but it's owner was gone. A sharp pain came into my head and I held on, gasping and accidentally intaking water.

I followed after my brothers and surfaced with them. "No sign of him here." Leo called. Raph and Mikey rose to the surface just as Donnie said, "He's gone." I coughed up some water. "But how?" I asked trying to calm down my coughing. Donnie shook his head. "I.. I don't know." I looked down into the waters, my mind flashing back to the mutant hybrid pulling me under with it. My headache worsen and I winced. "Hey sis.. you alright?" Raph asked. I groaned, "Yeah. I guess I am."

"Come on. Let's head back to shore." Leo said. I nodded at that while we followed after him. We reached the shoreline and I practically collapsed on the sand, laying on my back and panting. "You alright?" I got asked by one of them. "Yeah. Ah-phew!" I sneezed and sniffed. "Looks like you won't be swimming for a while, eh?" Mikey joked. I groaned at him, pathetically throwing my hand in his direction.

-
Morning had come and we watched the scow filled with people trail across the water to the mainland. In front of us was the Professor and a group of other homeless people. "What's up, Professor?" Donnie asked. The old man turned around with a smile. "We voted to stay here. There's food and shelter. The garbageman was right about one thing. People do throw away a lot of valuable items." He's got a point there. "Watch out for him." Raph warned, "Something that evil always comes back."

Mikey kicked his leg, sending up some dirt. "See! Now that worked! How do you come up with those?" He asked, seemingly a little irked. "Quit recycling the old ones, Mikey." Raph offered. "Keep looking for something new."

'Yeah... something new.' I thought to myself, looking down to the waters, my mind still thinking about that Mutant. "Sis! Come on. We gotta head back!" I nodded at Raph. "Alright- phew!" I sneezed. "I'll help you steal Mikey's comforter." He smirked. Mikey gasped and feigned hurt. "No! Not my comforter! It's mine and I made that clear to you all! Nooooo!" I laughed at him, watching him run further down the hill and getting a head start ahead of us.

'Yeah... Life's still great.' I smiled but something tells me that I'm going to regret this thought.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.1K 84 6
Nuwa's first days in NYC turned out to be the most weirdest yet best days she ever had. (I'm only writing episodes where she appears btw) She makes n...
19.1K 530 9
[ One day in Donatello's lab, a triangular portal opens up from an unknown object- and a few familiar faces fall from it ] Bolded name are 2012 turtl...
9.3K 379 25
you pack a a bag, a few changes of clothes and some money. God damn you hate being in foster care. Sadly, you're no Little Orphan Annie. No rich man...
20.4K 1.8K 37
➳ 𝑀𝑢𝑡𝑎𝑛𝑡 𝐴𝑝𝑜𝑐𝑎𝑙𝑦𝑝𝑠𝑒 【✔】 (𝟸𝟶𝟷𝟼 ᵗᵐⁿᵗ) (Book 1/7 of the MA series) (61, 683 Words) ⚠️ This fanfiction may contain strong language, s...