Chapter 7: Darkness on the Edge of Town

'I wonder... should I even associate fire to that group of ninja? It seems that fire always takes someone away from you. For me, I had escaped from a laboratory with a rodent lady, lost any chance to figure out if there was a connection between Stockman and the ant other possible scientists, lost my rodent savior, and an innocent child who technically didn't know he was doing anything wrong. Even if the last one had nothing to do with the group, the poor robot did come from somewhere.. and I have a feeling that I was once in a similar situation.'

"Hey guys! Look what I found!" Mikey called when he got out of the elevator. I got curious and looked to the jokester turtle. He had a bicycle in one hand, a folded up scooter under his left arm, two pairs of rollerblades in the other hand and it looked like he had a skateboard under the other arm. "Sports gear. Undamaged and ready to ride." He said. "Come on. Let's test it out." He grinned. The others and I just looked at each other before looking back. "Fine. If it gets ya to stop your begging, we'll go." Raph said.

The others just nodded and grabbed what they wanted. Mikey got the skateboard, Don got the bicycle, Leo has the scooter, and Raph got the rollerblades. "Come along Isabella. You need to get out more." Leo insisted. "I don't really know." I shook my head a little. "Leo's right. 'Sides, there's another pair of rollerblades for ya." Raph grinned and held the pair out to me. They were going to keep insisting me to come with them. "Bella, you know you wanna go." Mikey whispered like how he was insisting Don on making the Battle Shell. I sighed in defeat, "Fine, I'll go." "Yas!" Mikey yelped in victory. "Race ya through the sewers!" He yelled as he rode his skateboard. Raph growled getting up on his rollerblades. "Oh no you don't!" He chased him followed by Leo, Don and myself. The five of us got divided. Leo and Don went another path while Raph, Mikey and I went through the pipes.

"He is the alpha dog, the thrash-mister, the undisputed god of the half pipe." Mikey gloated and cheered as he flipped after skating a half-pipe. "Who needs half pipe, bro? We got full pipe." Raph taunted right back to him. I rolled my eyes as he went full pipe, outdoing Mikey. "Woohoo!" One sharp turn and we were in the lair. Leo and Don were behind us with their respective sports gear.

Donnie picked up his speed, rushing passed us and going up a ramp. "Going for amplitude!" Donnie said, doing a stunt in mid-air before landing. Leo followed after him, going up the same ramp with his scooter. He flew in the same direction but not without grinding against the edge of Don's table. "Going for grinditude!" He cheered.

Honestly, I would do one of those stunts, but I'm busy trying to keep away from Splinter's area, since he was trying to get himself comfortable in his chair. Suddenly it went pitch black, nothing could be seen in front of my face. I only tripped over a body and fell on top of something soft. "Nice wiring job, Don." I heard Mikey speak sarcastically. "I guarantee it's not my wiring. Maybe it's a blackout." Don suggested. "Maybe. Now you wanna get your foot off my shell?" Mikey asked, still being sarcastic. "I bet you anything he isn't even near you, Mikey."

I felt the softness move and I sat up with it. I then heard a strike of a match, seeing it light up a candle that Splinter was holding. I looked to see that I was Mikey's lap. 'Huh. That's why he sounded closer than normal.' I thought as Leo immediately warned Splinter, "Ah, keep that flame away from Mikey. He scarfed down a whole chili pizza for dinner." I commented, "In that case, I'm leaving." I got off of Mikey who began his fake whining. "No~ Sis come back~" He sniffled at me leaving and I just rolled my eyes at him.

"Clearly there is a power failure." Splinter began, "I suggest you investigate and see if it can be fixed." We all had stood up at this point. Well, they got up and I was clumsily trying to stand with roller blades on. I ended up rolling almost into the water before Raphael caught me. "I gotcha, lil' sis." He said, pulling me close. "We're all over it," Mikey grinned. I looked to see Leo glaring at Raph while folding up his scooter. Looking back, I see the hothead just smirk while he helps me fold in the wheels of my rollerblades. "Thanks Raph." I smiled softly. He just rubbed the back of his head. "No problem, sis."