Chapter 5: Mindless Pain

Those flames... I couldn't stop thinking about them. It's been weeks since my brothers and I had defeated Stockman. Not much has really happened, except for training. Tonight, I will be meditating after training, though I feel that this won't be the only thing I'll be doing.

I had just recently finished training. Don went to help April with something, Mikey went to the television, Raph was busy beating the living shell out of his sand bag and Leo was with Splinter. I left to my room to meditate. I took a seat on the little rug and tried to relax my mind. I couldn't. After everything that's happened, with the Mousers, Baxter Stockman, and the destruction of his lab. I couldn't help but keep remembering about it... The fire and the wrath it held. How it just ate up everything without any thought.

I eventually gave up and sighed sleepily. Don't blame me for being sleepy. Like I said, so much happened within the span of time and plus, training was exhausting. I know I should be used to it, but change can be tiring as well. I kept my seat though while I felt myself relax and drift off. My eyes fluttered shut and I could only see darkness.

'Nothingness.. Silence... They filled the void so easily. It was dark. To Isabella, darkness wasn't frightening. She learned to live with it; to live in it. She had to, due to what she was. The world wouldn't accept what she was so easily. Her family and her knew that little fact. So the darkness was actually comforting for her, but the comfort didn't last for long. It became... kind of scary, to be honest. Isabella shouldn't be scared of the dark though. She had no reason to, but she should have a reason to be.

A pair of eyes opened up slowly, tiredly almost. The lightest shade of blue being glossed over with age. A shape took form and it approached Isabella. It looked familiar to her, so she shouldn't be scared of it.  It looked like her Master Splinter, but with round pink ears, ivory fur, different shaped eyes, and a pink tail. Isabella doesn't really remember someone with this look, but.. deep in her mind, it feels like she's seen this person before.

The rodent opened their mouth and spoke in an aged womanly voice, "Little bell..."  On instinct and not even knowing why, Isabella answered back with "Mother?" Before anything else could happen, the rodent disappeared and the darkness shattered beneath Bella like glass, falling down. "Mother!" She reached, hoping that ivory-furred rodent would reappear and help her.. but nobody came.

"Mother!" I screamed out loudly, scaring the turtle next to me. "Whoa!" Mikey jumped only to fall backwards. My eyes flickered around to see my elder brothers looking back to me and my rat father with his eyes closed in thought. "What was that, sis?" "Yeah, you okay, Bella?" They bombarded me with their questions.  Honestly, if I could back up, I would, but unfortunately I'm stuck on the floor. "Enough!" Splinter said over them, tapping his walking stick down hard enough for them to hear.

The four obeyed without question. Leo decided to help me stand and I could see Raph glaring at him for some reason. "Isabella, come with me." Splinter spoke and began walking out. I followed after him, but not without seeing the hothead and the leader glare at each other. I would wonder why they're like that, but there could be many reasons, so I try not to think about it.

I turn my head to look at Splinter, still following after him before going to his door. "Come on in, my daughter." He said. I gave a slight nod and follow him in. "Kneel." I obeyed and kneeled on the ground as he slid the door closed. "Now, tell me... What did you see?" He inquired as he took a seat before me. I hesitated to answer. "Isabella, you can tell me."

Splinter was waiting and I couldn't stay silent due to his patience thinning down. "I.. I saw someone. I don't know who but I think..." I couldn't figure out how to finish that. "It is someone from your past?" He offered to finish. I nod. "Yeah, I guess so." He raised an eyebrow. "You only guess, but you do not know." I didn't reply. I didn't understand what I meant either, but I know I was on to something. Something in my mind was acting up and I really wanted to get to the bottom of it.