Orange Roses

Από WriterActress

SEQUEL to WHITE ROSES. Matty made through her first year of high school and now gets a break back in her home... Περισσότερα

Orange Roses
Chapter One: Scars
Chapter Two: Boys with Scars
Chapter Three: Bodies Hit the Floor
Chapter Four: Questioning Insanity
Chapter Five: Blood Suckers Galore
Chapter Six: Fighter
Chapter Seven: A Million Hearts and a Million Stars
Chapter Eight: Nightmare
Chapter Ten: No Faerie Wine
Chapter Eleven: The Cult
Chapter Twelve: Vampire Business
Chapter Thirteen: Pull Back the Curtain
Chapter Fourteen: Hook Me Up on Faerie Dust
Chapter Fifteen: Nurse
Chapter Sixteen: The Awkward, Almost Kiss
Chapter Seventeen: Something Sweeter
Chapter Eighteen: What is a Monster
Chapter Nineteen: Prick of a Thorn
Chapter Twenty: Jealousy
Chapter Twenty-One: A billion Memories
Chapter Twenty-Two: The Things I See
Twenty-Three: Devouring Me, My Nightmare
Twenty-Four: Happily Never After
Preview: Red Roses

Chapter Nine: Werewolf

1K 59 6
Από WriterActress

I've been wondering... what did you guys think of the almost kiss with Drake and Matty? I say almost because it always happens when neither of them kind of fall into a certain quiet where the real world can't jump in and destroy it, but in the end it does. 

I know for some writers they like the relationship to just be where two characters meet and they fall in love magically through the course of two or three chapters. Nope, not me. I like the building of tension that and we all know that Matty is completely clueless when it comes to anything more then friendship. Matty has never been in love, remember that so she's not real sure how everything is supposed to be. She had a crush on Cooper. Crushes and loves are completely different. 

That and we both know that as protector Drake follows his orders from the queen first. Drake has been in love and knows what he feels very well. Drake isn't going to act on his feelings. 

_____________________________________________________________________________

Chapter Nine: Werewolf 

Blood poured down my lips.

I stared up at the blue sky as I tried not to reveal how much pain I felt while my attacker stood over me, getting ready to attack me. God dammit, this was not what I needed, but I grabbed a hold of the guy’s leg when I realized that the guy was human. “Stupid bitch!” He yelled as I tightened my hold. My lip split up already and I was not going to get kicked in the gut. “Vampire slut!”

Oh, that’s a new one.

He reached over and grabbed me by the hair to pull me to my feet. I screamed as his other hand reached out for me, but I bit him hard. Tasting blood in my mouth, I clung to him as he started to scream. He let me go and I stumbled onto the ground as I spat the blood out and wiped my face.

He threw me again as I felt something rip and more cuts on my hands as I slid against the concrete. I kicked him hard in the shin as he cursed at me.

“Dude, I am warning you, I am in a bad mood and I don’t want to put up with dumb people like you!” I yelled as I got up and gave him a swift kick in the stomach. He made a weird growling noise as he swung his hand at me, but I took a quick step back, barely missing his hairy arm and sharp claws.

What the hell?His eyes turned yellow as he howled at me.

I ducked and punched him in the stomach. He made a ooofffff sound when he hit the ground, but he quickly got back on his feet and lunge at me. I moved back, but felt blood drip down my cheek.

Too bad that the guy never got a chance to say anything else because a silver thread wrapped around his neck and snap! Blood spilled over me when the head fell to the ground and the body fell on me. Drake kicked it off of me and picked me up from under my arm pits and put me on my feet before I felt Drake’s warm glamour slip over my skin like clothing. He ran his fingers through my hair; I guess so the blood wouldn’t cause my hair to clump together. He leaned over the body and took a whiff before he stuffed his hands into the dead man’s pocket, but turned up nothing.

“This man was a werewolf, most likely,” Drake said as his nose scrunched up a bit. Oh great, a werewolf. A freaking werewolf. Drake looked at me as he said, “You look surprised.”

“Werewolves are a little new for me,” I admitted, “I deal with faeries, usually.”

Drake nodded as he said, “You need a shower.”

Unicorn boy leaned down and leaned down. “Werewolf. Bitten.”

“Bitten?” I asked the faeries as Daisy nose twitched as she made a face. “Some werewolves are created when a werewolf who was born with the power to transform bite another person,” Drake explained. “Explains why this man acted insanely. Usually, the humans who are bitten can’t handle it and act strangely as this man. He must have smelled the dead man-Abe, was it?-on you and lost it.”

Weird though. If he was bitten though...I wonder if the werewolves knew about Abe. I sighed and ran a hand through my hair. Drake grabbed my hand and we began walking back toward my house with Unicorn boy and Daisy behind us as I tried not to think to hard about the blood on me. We went to the boardwalk when I started walking toward the beach and Drake let me.

The waves licked at my shoes as I walked in deeper and deeper before the water began to make some of the blood dissolve from my clothing and the salty coldness made started making my body feel numb. Salt water dissolved the blood on my hands next like it wiped a crime from my conscious though it wasn’t my fault that the werewolf died. The waves began pushing me and sucking me in when the water finally reached my hips before I finally decided to dunk my whole head into the salty cold water.

Forgive me.

I stood back up with some effort and walked toward the shore before I finally sat down in the warm sand.

“Do you want to go back home?” Drake asked as he sat down next to me, watching me. Another dead body and I can’t feel anything anymore. No fear, grief, or disgust over the dead, but maybe a little relief...Does that make me cruel? The blood felt disgusting against my skin, but at least the salt water replaced the smell of iron and the blood wasn’t in my hair. My muscles ached from the fight and I wondered if some of the blood in my scalp was my own when the werewolf yanked me to my feet. I looked at Drake, who kept his eyes locked on mine, and found nothing, but concern.

As I stared up at him, I finally said, “Did you have to kill him?”

“Yes,” Drake said as he tilted his head up slightly and looked at the clear sky where just beyond grey clouds that began to tower like an incoming wave, “for I am your protector, your guardian and I will kill everyone until you and I are the only ones left in this world.”

Until we’re drenched in blood; watching Drake fight was like a dance sometimes. A lovely, smooth dance with gentle movements that made the world stop and stare at him while all I could do was stare at him frozen to my spot. I thought about my nightmare and remembered the look on his face as the fear began to tighten my stomach.

Drake leaned down and grabbed onto a piece of my hair before braiding it before he asked, “What? Did that statement scare you? Because I will do anything to protect you, my prince.”

He leaned down toward my face as I leaned back slightly.

Ba-bump. Ba-bump.

There it is again.

That feeling in my stomach and how my heart felt as if it might come out of my chest... It doesn’t feel like the insanity that I felt earlier, but what the hell was it then?

“EK!” Daisy squeaked as she flew around me. Drake pulled away from me and let out grumble of how some people need to learn about tact. “I still can’t believe that you ripped off that wolf’s head. Don’t you think you could’ve found a better way to do it? What’s wrong with a quick stab in the stomach? That doesn’t leave much mess and they die slowly.” She gave me a big smile before her nose scrunched up. “Oh yuck, Matty, you smell horrible by the way. Why don’t you just go and take a nice long hot bath? It’ll be good for you, but I wonder, what are we going to do now-”

“DAISY!” Drake and I yelled in unison as she flew behind Unicorn boy and stuck out her tongue at us.

I looked at Drake and felt my face heat up slightly; what the heck just happened? Placing a hand over my heart, I thought about what had just happened and everything that’s been going on with Drake and I. When did everything get so weird?

Faerie’s whore.

A smile crept onto my face as I snorted. Drake looked at me with a arched eye brow as I snorted and laughed.

“Uhm, did something in her brain break?” Daisy asked as Unicorn boy made a muffled sound in wonder, I suppose while I fell on my back, laughing as loud as I could. My stomach muscles crunched up before my body finally relaxed and I stared up at the sky with the grey clouds rolling above us.

“That’s a new one,” I said out loud. Drake looked down at me.

“What’s new?”

“Faerie whore, that’s a new nickname,” I explained as I sat up. “I just find it funny for some reason.”

Drake stared at me with his perfect mask on before he coughed and said, “Hmm, not exactly new.”

Daisy gave a nervous squeak as I heard Unicorn boy get up and take a few steps back before I asked, “Not new? How come? I’ve had Scarface, freak, ugly, bitch...but never faerie whore.”

“Ah yes, I made sure you’ve never heard it,” Drake explained as he cleared his throat again, “When some of the other women in my court heard of our engagement...” Daisy choked out a surprised gasp before she looked at me, waiting for an explanation. “Became rather unhappy.”

I snorted. “If it was up to me they could have you!”

Drake frowned. “Most women find me very appealing as a mate!” I looked up and down Drake’s body. Drake stood tall and looked as if he were made of nothing, but muscle, so I could see the physical attraction at the most...but....

“Fix the personality and then I’d be good,” I added with a smile as Drake stared at me and then shook his head.

_____

“Abe,” I whispered as I went into the restaurant that night after a long hot shower, “we got to talk.” The vampire looked up from his table as Ari sang into the microphone and Drake glared at me from the other side of the gate. Abe smiled and patted to the seat next to me without anyone noticing, especially Drake which was a good thing for me. How do you explain to your faerie protector, who despises vampires more than werewolves do, that you’re in a sort of in a business deal with a vampire?

I slid next to him as he snapped his fingers and a waiter came before giving me a glass of wine. Deciding against pissing him off by offending him, it’s not like a immortal vampire understood the fact that I was underage when girls my age were married when he was human, I let my lips touch the wine and felt myself wince. I hated alcohol for a few good reasons like it makes a person relax (not a good thing when you can see monsters that eat humans), stupid (hence scars and dead people), and sick, but I did understand weed. If I ever got a chance, I’d smoke weed in a heartbeat.

“Yes, my dear prince?” Abe asked as I scowled.

“Don’t call me that,” I told him, “I nearly got killed today by a werewolf.”

Abe tilted his head slightly before he said, “Oh that’s why you smell like a wet dog. I thought it might’ve had something to do with the faerie who is glaring at me right now.”

“He saved me,” I told him, “so, I was wondering, do the werewolves know about me?”

Abe frowned as his jaw stiffened. “Now that would be awful.”

No shit.

“He called me a vampire whore,” I said, “which I must admit is a new one for me.”

“Someone from my realm has disappeared,” Abe said as he stared down at the group around us. Drake didn’t flinch like others had as he stared down at Abe like he was nothing in comparison. “It wouldn’t be farfetched for a wolf to have taken her, she was brand new. She probably sang like a black bird for them if they promised her to keep her life.”

“I doubted that they kept that promise,” I said as he nodded. “So, are you going to let me get killed?”

He smirked. “First off, it’s not good to let my investments get murdered.” He held up his index finger.” Second, if you do get killed and it’s because of you working for me, the faeries will be incredibly angry for you are the human prince.” And then he held up his second finger. "Thirdly, no other humans with sight will not want to work for me if they think I don’t protect my investments,” he explained as he held up the third.

Well, that was comforting.

“But I have to admit,” Abe’s eyes slid to Drake, who’s whole body remained tense as I saw the silver threads wrapped around his fingers, before he said, “I’m not that worried. A dragon is hard to kill. A dragon can have a hundred swords pierced in its back and kill its enemies with fire before devouring them in one bite.”

I nodded. “He is scary.”

“Scarier than you’ll ever know,” Abe said before sipping his glass full of blood. I wondered if it came from a willing donor or not, but stopped myself as I realized that my stomach was getting sick at the thought. “So, a birdie told me that you were having trouble with getting into an extra special group.”

“Yeah, unfortunately, one creep is too freaked to go and the other one thinks I’m a whore because I talk to faeries and apparently don’t hate them.” I explained before touching my lips to the drink again.

“Though I do agree, a prince working for an enemy is rather odd,” Abe said as I sighed, wishing that everyone would leave Drake alone. He’s a jerk and arrogant, but he still protected me and cared about me at some point even if I didn’t trust him fully. “I don’t think you need to work so hard in the group interested because you are the human prince-”

“Okay, will everyone quit saying that for god’s sake!” I yelled, feeling all the frustration and anger about this issue finally break through the surface. “I’m not this human prince! I’m not! I have sight! That’s it. Ari hasn’t sight! A bunch of other people have sight! So it’s doesn’t make me special!”

Abe smiled slightly. “I’m not sure about the group of humans that have decided to come together, but I know that Ari has little to no interest in the world of the Fae. He cares only for vampires and how to get into the music business.” He leaned his chin on his hand. “You have always had a connection to the Faeries whether you’ve wanted it or not. You’ve lured a prince into the world and swept him off his feet.”

“How do you know about Erasmus?” I whispered as I leaned closer to him.

Erasmus has literally been my childhood prince from when I first got my sight. I saw him a few months ago after he decided that I was old enough to marry, but I luckily escaped before I had to take any vowels or wear any white dresses. I sort of left that out when I told Drake what happened because Erasmus was the prince of the Nightmare Court who had killed his queen, so he sort of hated them with all of his heart. He probably hated them more than he disliked vampires.

“Prince Erasmus has been searching for you and has been wondering what you’ve been up to. He’s been worried since he’s heard of the Lunae Lux’s Dragon clinging to you.” Abe said with a smirk as I frowned.

I felt my heart clenched as I put a hand over my chest. I love you! I gritted my teeth as I remembered the look on his face when he told me that and he even held me. I’ve never been held like that before and I guess I liked it a bit, being held like I meant something. Like I wasn’t a freak, or defective, but...

I looked at Drake to find him smiling at me. I imagined the thread and how it killed the wolf. A deadly dance committed for me, but sometimes I wondered when it would be committed against me even as I looked at his face and didn’t find any of the threat and distaste that I saw when he killed the werewolf.

Abe leaned back. “John and the others will come to you, so be thankful that you still have some time to enjoy the peace and quiet.”

“You mean wait for another dead girl,” I told him as I got up. “I can’t do that. I can’t sit around and wait for something to happen. I have to get in now or something else will get hurt.

“What a noble, princely thing of you to say,” Abe said with a grin, showing off his fangs in the process.

I sighed and got away from him as Drake grabbed my hand and pressed a light kiss to my knuckles. “My prince,” he said as I felt my cheeks flush lightly.

“Drake, don’t call me that,” I told him as he smiled and we went over to the beach.

Daisy and Unicorn boy decided to take a rain check when I told them about visiting Abe, so they were somewhere else on the boardwalk. “He said that we should wait because John will want me in their group.”

“Because you are the human prince,” he reminded me, “and throwing a tantrum over it will not change it.”

“I’m not,” I stated, making sure there was some ice in my voice as I walked toward the wet sand with Drake by my side. A mermaid perched closely to the shore as she watched us closely with a big grin on her lips.

Drake’s grip tightened. “You are. I know it.” I shook my head.

“No you don’t.”

“I know this in the bottom of my heart,” Drake said more sternly as we stopped walking, “and I’ll protect you from all of those who wish to hurt you.”

“Even from your queen?” I spat the words as I tried to tear my wrist away from him. “I know you’re just protecting for you queen and that you really don’t care-OW! Drake, let me go!” I thought for a moment that he broke my wrist.

He gritted his teeth. “Don’t put words in my mouth! You throw yourself around so carelessly all for the sake of this love of human kinds and you even deal with those...those cretins that only care for sucking your blood out! All for this love where the humans of this world scorn you and burn you!” Drake said as he yanked me toward him and I felt his free hand wrap around my shoulders and his chin on the top of my head. “But you don’t care as long as your humans are safe from every deadly little monster that might draw blood. It doesn’t bother you that you have to practically slice your own wrists to keep them safe and yet you remain blind to all of those who truly care about you.”

“D-D-Drake?” I stuttered as I felt my cheeks turn red. “What’s wrong with you? Does this have to do with Niap? You’ve been acting weird since we got back from Faerie and I can’t figure it out.” I looked up as I pulled away from him slightly. “Please, tell me what’s wrong? Just tell me and I’ll fix it, I promise!”

I felt like I was pounding into a brick wall as I stared up at him. His facial muscles spasm as if he were just stabbed in the back or something, but he didn’t move. I didn’t want him to hurt. I didn’t want him to feel this way anymore! I can’t stand the look on his face anymore. I want things the way they were before when we didn’t know anything and I wasn’t scared of him. I wanted to go back so badly to that time that it made me ache and scream so loudly that everyone would be able to hear me.

I wanted him to look at me and see me for once. I wanted to make fun of him and him to be his arrogant self again without all this blood and all this pain. Everything feels so tangled and messy that my body ached and I felt my eyes burn with unshed tears.

Instead, he stared down at me before shoving me back by my shoulders as his breath became ragged. He looked away from me.

“Look at me,” I begged as I tried to push against his hands, so that I could touch him. “Look at me! What did I do! If this thing is about your wife then I’m sorry! I’m scared! What more do you want me to say! I can’t take this anymore!”

He didn’t look at me, didn’t say anything. “Say something.” I must have sounded desperate, but I felt it. Drake relaxed before he pulled me into him again as I felt his lips by my ear. My body went rigid as my shoulders tensed and my eyes cleared.

“You really are...afraid of me, aren’t you?” He whispered in his husky voice that made my heart stop. “I killed my beautiful wife to save her.”

“That doesn’t make sense,” I whispered as I rested my chin on his shoulder. Ba-bump, ba-bump. There it is again. That feeling in my chest...why does it happen when it comes to Drake? Why does it happen when he smiles at me? When he holds my hand? Or when he’s near me?

“You want to hear a faerie tale? You humans seem to enjoy them,” he whispered as I felt the ice in his voice. “Once upon a time, a beautiful woman found a man trapped in a tree after he was seal in it for more than a century from a magic spell created by an evil witch when the Rose court fell. She’d visit the man everyday, woven into the tree as she tried to figure out how to break him free. And one day, she did with a kiss.”

Enchanted kiss...it really did sound like a fairytale. I wanted to see Drake’s face and see what he was thinking, but he kept pressing himself against me so I wouldn’t look at him.

“They fell in love. Madly, passionately in love with one another. They played tricks on humans and went into the human world so they could start a family, but one day she drank water near a human village. Who knew that the industrial revolution would be so dangerous to our kind? Who knew that humans,” his grip tightened until I thought I couldn’t breathe, “laced iron into the water? Who knew how stupid they could truly be?”

Drake’s body went rigid as his grip tightened around me. My shoulders ached under the pressure, but I felt a warm wave of relief to hear his voice like I feared that he might shut me out. His voice felt warm against my ear as I sighed, realizing I’d been holding my breath for so long.

“She became sicker and sicker. So ill that her body twisted and cried out in desperation,” Drake whispered, “She begged her husband to kill her. He couldn’t do it because he was too weak and loved her too much. That is, until the queen ordered him to. To save his wife from a miserable existence, she ordered me to kill her.”

Did he cry? Did he hold her close while he felt her life drain away? Did he kiss her and apologize?

“Drake,” I whispered as I tried to keep the tears out.

“Are you frightened of me now?” He asked as he pulled back and cupped my face. “No, now you just pity me, but what good will that do? It won’t bring her back, so stop crying.”

I shook my head for a second when Drake looked above my head.

And vanished.

_________________________________________________________________________________

That little fairytale Drake told explains a lot about him, doesn't it? Drake does have his issues, but now we know that he didn't just kill his wife because the queen ordered it. It was a mercy kill. For some reason that doesn't sound much better. 

Well tell me what you think and enjoy the chapter! 

Συνέχεια Ανάγνωσης

Θα σας αρέσει επίσης

507 0 52
Megan White has graduated high school. She has survived the perils she's faced in the past two years, and even escaped the clutches of her psychotic...
9.3K 573 65
Some fantasies aren't all they're cracked up to be... Cara, princess of the Seelie Fae, had always been meant for great things. Then, she is betraye...
120K 3.5K 21
For centuries the two vampire kingdoms have been battling waiting for the psychic Princess to come along. Anna Williams thought vampires were only in...
2 0 1
Three fifteen-year-old classmates, with nothing in common but secrets that divide and threaten to destroy them cross paths with a mischievous and nau...