Foster Brother

By kylieskatz22

Jeff Sterling gets taken from his house and put in a foster home after his dad gets reported for child abuse... More

Chapter 1 : "Dear Diary"
Chapter 2 : Day with mom
Chapter 3 : Nurse
Chapter 4 : Closet
Chapter 5 : Reported
Chapter 6 : Curious about Jeff
Chapter 7 : Movie night with Emmy
Chapter 8 : Back home
Chapter 9 : Best friends?
Chapter 10 : Sick
Chapter 11 : Foster home
Chapter 12 : Sicker
Chapter 13 : Reading Jeff's diary
Chapter 14 : A good end to a bad day
Chapter 16 : Guidance counselor
Chapter 17 : Court
Chapter 18 : Forever home

Chapter 15 : The bullies

173 7 0
By kylieskatz22

A/N : I know I've been super bad with updating recently. College is taking up all my time, and we just got through midterms...

Chapter 15

Emmy POV

Jeff pulled away slowly from our kiss. I was going to speak when there was a knock at the door. Jeff jumped away from me, and almost fell on the floor.

"Come in!" I called.

It was my mom.

"Are you guys heading to bed soon? It's getting late."

"Yeah, mom. We're almost finished with Jeff's homework, and then we're heading to bed."

"Ok, good. Goodnight, you two."

"Night, mom."

She left, closing the door behind herself.

I looked at Jeff, and his cheeks were bright pink. He was staring at his school stuff, not looking at me.

"Let's finish before we get in trouble," I said, opening his textbook.

The next day...

Emmy POV

Jeff and I never spoke about the kiss. But it had become a mutually known fact between us that I was now Jeff's, and Jeff was now mine.

I don't even know how it happened, to be honest. I guess we both sort of felt something for each other. And I feel like we both knew it too. So when the kiss happened, it was kind of just confirming what we both had suspected.

And now we're together.

Nobody cared though. My friends were too busy talking about other things, and since we weren't exactly popular, nobody really cared.

But it didn't matter. Jeff and I were happy.

Well... Until we saw all the notes taped to Jeff's locker.

I could tell by Jeff's face that it was upsetting him.

"Jeff, we can tell someone and get them in trouble."

"No. I told you, it's fine. I can deal with it."

"But you don't have to."

"I know. But it's ok."

He ripped the notes off, and shoved them in his backpack. I felt so bad for him.

He swapped out his books, and then shut his locker.

"Let's get to class," he said, taking my hand.

Later...

Emmy POV

Jeff has seemed super stressed all day. I wasn't sure why. There are a bunch of reasons it could be. School, the notes on his locker, his dad, or maybe something else...

So when we got home from school, I ran him a hot bath, and told him to go relax for a while.

I was a bit curious about the notes though. 

I opened Jeff's backpack, and pulled all his books out. All the notes from his locker were crumpled at the bottom of his backpack. I pulled them out.

I spread them out across his bed, and flattened them. I looked at them, and it wasn't really anything unusual. They were mostly just calling Jeff nasty names.

"What are you doing!? Why are you looking at those!?" Jeff asked, startling me.

I turned around to see Jeff standing behind me, in a towel.

"Jeff-"

"W-why!? Those are private!"

"I just wanted to help."

He turned to leave, but I grabbed his hand before he could go lock himself in the bathroom, which is what I was guessing he was going to do.

"Jeff."

"Let me go!"

"Stop. Calm down."

I made Jeff sit down on my bed. He was red in the face, and he seemed so upset.

"Jeff, I'm sorry. I just wanted to know what the notes said. I wanted to help. Why are you so upset about it?"

"It's so embarrassing!" He said, starting to finally cry.

I pulled him into a hug.

"Jeff, you have nothing to be embarrassed about, ok? I don't know what you're so upset about. I'm not going to make fun of you for it. I just want to help."

"It's just... Nobody ever stands up for me. So I just deal with everything. And when people find out my secrets, they use them against me, and everything just turns into a big mess, and it's miserable!"

"Jeff. Look. I told you, let's tell someone about this. We'll get those guys in trouble, and you won't have to deal with it anymore."

"You're not going to make fun of me for everything they said?"

"Jeff, they're just calling you stupid stuff. If you can write down all their names, we can go to the office, and tell a guidance counselor and get it taken care of."

Jeff held onto me even tighter.

"We can end this, Jeff, ok? You don't have to deal with it anymore. I just want you to feel comfortable talking to me about these kind of things. I just want to help you. I won't try to make you feel bad or embarrassed."

Jeff nodded into my shoulder.

"Can I get dressed now?"

"Yes, Jeff. And then we'll do our homework, ok?"

"Ok."

Jeff finally pulled away from our hug, grabbed some pjs, and went back to the bathroom to change. When he was finished, I made him write down the names of the people who were bullying him. And then we did our homework together.

Later...

Emmy POV

Jeff and I were cuddling in my bed. My head was on his shoulder. We'd just gotten settled to go to bed.

"Are you stressed out at all?" I asked, quietly.

"Yeah..."

"I could tell. You seemed stressed all day. Do you want to talk about it?"

"Well... Now that we talked about my bullies and stuff... I guess I feel a little more open... But you have to promise me you won't judge or laugh or anything at all."

"I won't, Jeff."

"Ok... I'm super stressed because of a few things... First... I'm scared for tomorrow..."

"Why?"

"If I tell on them... I'm scared they'll just make everything way worse. They'll call me a tattletale, and they'll call me a baby."

"Jeff. You're not a tattletale. And I'm guessing that after we tell, if they do anything, we can just tell on them again, and they'll get in even more trouble. They won't bother you anymore."

"Will you come with me when I have to tell on them?"

"If you want me to."

"Yes, please..."

"Then yeah, of course I will. What else is stressing you out?"

"My dad... I just want him to take me back home with him, and then let me be able to see my mom..."

"Jeff, I don't want you going back home."

"Why?"

"Because he'll hurt you again, Jeff."

"But I can deal with it! It's ok!"

"No, it's not ok, Jeff. It's 100% not ok that he's hurting you. This isn't something you need to deal with."

"I don't care! I just want to go back home!" He said, starting to cry.

I sighed. I feel bad for him. I don't know what to do to help. I don't want him going back home.

I cuddled closer to him, and kissed his cheek gently. He cried harder, and buried his face in my shoulder.

"I'm sorry, Jeff... These things are difficult to deal with."

I was out of ideas to make him feel better. But at least we're handling the bullying tomorrow. That's one less problem. Hopefully.

I pulled the covers over us. Jeff wrapped his arms around me tightly, and settled down. And we fell asleep like that.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.9K 385 31
**This is old & somewhat cringey but some people still like it, you may not** A twisted story how adopting a strange teenage boy can go wrong. What...
50.6K 1.9K 42
Kurt wanted to go back to William McKinley High School, school for people, not Dalton Academy Boarding School for the Magically Gifted. He wasn't gi...
8.6K 340 24
Riker Lynch, age 16, finds out one day that he has another brother. And that brother just happens to be his twin. Jeffery Simon Sterling finds out he...
Mute By Kylie K

Fanfiction

1.2K 67 33
Riker becomes a foster child after he is abused at home. And then he gets put with the Lynchs after he's abused by his foster family. Of course all o...