Into the Deep

Autorstwa SolelyCornelius

A plague has taken over the world, transforming humans into monsters. Beasts. Creatures. ... Więcej

Chapter One: Intro
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven

Chapter Twelve

9 1 0
Autorstwa SolelyCornelius

We stepped  further into the airport, wishing for the best. But who knew when we would get that in this hell.

Bodies are scattered left and right.

Skeletons, too.

blood  all over the place. A nasty sight, but I've definitely seen worse than this.

"Alright, lets go. We just need to find a place  with a cooler and leave the boxes there then we can go to a plane and set up." I said as we walked around the airport.

"Shouldn't we split up?" Kimberly asked

"You might as well say, 'Shouldn't we die?'. This isn't a movie where we split up and all get killed" I said in a disrespectful tone to her. 

"You didn't have to be rude about it." She said back to me

"Well you didn't have to say stupid stuff, guess we both made a bad choice huh?" I said in response to her, getting angrier every time I heard her dumb voice, she sounded like a mouse.

"Alright that's enough, fighting wont get us anywhere." Miller said to Kimberly and I

"Acting like you have no brain won't either" I mumbled under my breath

"Huh?" Miller asked

"Nothing. Just talking to myself" I said

"Hey! What's that over there?" Michelle said, stopping everyone else from speaking. She pointed to a small café  with a light above it. It wasn't flickering or anything, it was working perfectly fine. This was an extremely rare sight, to see something in good condition.

"Maybe they have a cooler. If the light is working why wouldn't something like a freezer be working?" Miller said

"Good point." I said to him. I had low expectations. I knew everything in this world was disappointing, what would change now?

We arrived at the counter of the café. 

"Sit the boxes there, Miller and I will go check in the box for a cooler." I said as we all sat the boxes down, our bodies were begging for a break anyway.

We walked to the back.

Crunch.

Crunch

Crunch.

We saw an infected sitting there, on the floor. It was feeding on a humans body. I don't think this is something I've ever seen that before. Terrifying. A chilling sight. I felt goosebumps on me as my body went cold.

"Shhh.." I whispered to him as I reached into my pocket and pulled out a knife, there's no way I'd use a gun and bring more to us.

I took the knife and walked closer to it. I raised the knife then stuck it into the back of its head, thank God it hadn't noticed us-

"KAAAAAAAA!!!" A screech went. A scream of pain. It turned around and saw us two, then jumped on top of me. 

I've already exceeded living. Escaped my death too many times. 

"Ahhhh!" A yell came from behind me as Miller tackled the infected off of me and tried to hold him with his face on the ground. 

"C'mon!! Push the knife deeper!" Miller said holding him down.

I was shocked. Paralyzed, it was hard to move. I felt the tears piling up in my eyes.

"Now!! Now!! I can't hold it much longer!" He said still on top of it.

I finally got up and then put all my weight down on the knife, pushing it deeper until it finally went all the way through its skull. It finally stopped moving. Dumb creature.

"What was that?" Miller said panting.

"I'm sorry, I was just analyzing the situation." A clear lie, what was there to analyze? He had the infected held down and my job was to push the knife deeper. The real answer was I was scared.

"Okay, lets find this freezer now" He said before we both stood up

"Yeah, lets go." I said wiping my shirt down,

"Aren't you forgetting your knife?" Miller asked

"Are you kidding me? I'm not using that thing again. That craps nasty. If you want it you can have it" I said as I started walking

"Just asking" He said back to me.

"There!" I said pointing to a freezer.

"Lets hope it still works" Miller said

I opened it up. Wow.

"It works!!" I said with an excited tone. A burst of cold air blew on us. All it had in it was bags of ice. Which we wouldn't need, we didn't know if it was clean or not anyway.

"Yes!! Let's go get the boxes" Miller said as we both ran back to the front.

"Was that an infected?" Michelle asked us.

"Yes, it was but we took care of it" I said

"In better news, they have a working cooler!" Miller said

"Awesome! Let's take the boxes back there!" Kimberly said as we all picked up the boxes.

After we emptied the contents of the boxes into the freezer, we left. We went to search for a plane that was still here and accessible. Good condition, too.

"What about over there? That area looks untouched." Michelle said

"You're right, lets check it" I said to her before we all started walking towards the area she spoke of, my hand still on my gun. Just in case.

"Today is going pretty well, lets keep it that way." Miller said as he walked beside me.

"Well? Go in, Decan" Kimberly said to me

"If you would shut up then I would" I said rudely to her

"Calm down Decan" Miller said putting his hand on my shoulder

"Whatever" I said to him before I brushed his hand off of me

I walked to the entrance of the plane, there it was. It seemed to be in good condition, didn't look like much cleaning was needed. It looked like a high class plane, too. Not your everyday one.

"Well, this is it. Find somewhere to sleep" I said to them as they all walked in.

Kimberly began to close the door of the airplane, for safety reasons I'm sure.

"I found a place for all of us, Decan" Miller shouted out from the back of the plane.

It was a pretty large room, it had a bar in it with some stools. There were other small rooms, too. They had doors, though. Presumably rooms

"Are those rooms?" Kimberly said to Miller

"Guess we should check, shouldn't we?" Miller said before walking to one of them and pulling open the door, revealing a bed  in a smaller room.

"Well, its not that big but it'll work" I said to them before Miller closed the door. "Would you look at that, there is a tv behind the counter too." 

Michelle walked behind the counter and started to look for a remote that belonged to the tv. "Found it!" She shouted holding up the small black remote.

"I wonder if it still works" I said to her

"Let's find out later, I'm getting tired" Kimberly said before she walked into the one of the rooms. She looked at Miller and winked at him before she closed the door.

"I'm going to bed, too. Goodnight." Miller said before he walked into a different room and closed the door behind him.

"Guess that just leaves us two then." Michelle said, still behind the counter.

"Yeah. I'd ask for a drink but I'd rather not take any chances. No one ever figured out if any other liquids could be contaminated." I said before I laughed

"Yeah, you're right" She said as she laughed too.

But my smile quickly faded. I walked to the window and looked out at the wretched world. It was dark. Everything was torn apart. Grey clouds, black skies, red bodies. You'd think the worst war you can think of would have happened here. Except only worse than that.

I've always been a negative person. Growing up to now. I always thought of the worst. I always expected the worst. I never thought maybe, just maybe something good will happen. I only did it once, and look at the world I'm living in now. My family is dead. The love of my life is dead. My friends are dead. What else is there left for me?

There's some false hope to try and find a cure, to save the world. It's not gonna happen. This isn't a movie. This isn't a game. This isn't a fairy tale. We can't magically find all the right pieces to mix up some special formula and feed it to some infected and hope he turns into some human. 

Right now we live for ourselves. We simply live to be alive. When we die, all I can say is I hope its by old age, not by some infected.

There isn't anything left in this world for me, or for any of us. The darkness has truly taken over this excuse of a planet.

"I'm heading to bed, Decan. I'll see you In the morning" Michelle said as she snuck up behind me and kissed my neck.

"Goodnight." I said to her, watching her walk away and go into her room. 

Its only a matter of time before we're all dead.

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

27.8K 615 9
This prequel hit #5 on the New York Times bestseller list. The full series has recently been optioned for film! Thank you for all your support! Now r...
73.2K 5.5K 43
*If you have not read no. 1, this will still be readable, you don't have to, but character backgrounds will be more understood. 1st novel's name is V...
76 10 7
Ever imagined what it's like to be a zombie? Do you truly feel nothing? Are you just a mindless creature that randomly attacks anyone or anything? ...
18K 682 27
TEASER: "No fiancée of mine needs to learn how to fight." His breath flows upon the prickling skin of my neck. I close my eyes, involuntarily shu...